shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

daf11

Rough_Rock
JewelFreak|1309629838|2960688 said:
This is blurry because it's a screen capture from a video & I also enlarged it. Pic of the necklace Charlene wore for the Jarre concert last night -- only one big enough to get a good look at it. Seems to be diamonds w/a row of big round pearls at the ends. Wedding present from Albert?

--- Laurie

The colors from this are spectacular. Would love to know more about this piece. Does anyone have any ideas how I could learn more? (I'm thinking that it might be colored diamonds, or sapphires with the large pearls at the end.)

Thanks,
Deb

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
The Le Ocean tiara

r7ul20.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
and the story of the wedding

ohpdgw.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fogdancer|1310348203|2966179 said:
The Le Ocean tiara

I had misunderstood and thought that the tiaras thread was for all tiaras, not just those that could not be posted in this (The Royal Jewels) thread and so I had posted photos of The Ocean Jewel Tiara there. While I was doing so, I also posted this link to a YouTube video about the making of the tiara. Now I want to make sure that it is posted in the correct place (here).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBjCbztjbkc&NR=1

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also found some more information on the hair ornaments Charlene Wittstock wore to her church wedding, but I don't know if that information is now already widely disseminated! I stopped paying attention right after the wedding and just stumbled over it in the back of some French material on the Ocean Jewel Tiara just now.

http://bijoussimo.centerblog.net/100-charlene-princesse-de-monaco

Deb/AGBF

daf11

Rough_Rock
JewelFreak|1310215428|2965413 said:
daf11|1310206308|2965367 said:
The colors from this are spectacular. Would love to know more about this piece. Does anyone have any ideas how I could learn more? (I'm thinking that it might be colored diamonds, or sapphires with the large pearls at the end.)

Thanks,
Deb

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/jewelry-pieces/royal-jewels-t73838-9390.html

3/4 of the way down the page.

Thanks so much for the information, I totally missed half of the page!

Deb

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
William and Kate look SO relaxed and happy together!!!

I'm really enjoying all of the photos....thank you for posting them!!!

Do you think Princess Charlene is really happy even though the comments are that she cried because she was upset on her wedding day. She was an amazing bride! I hope Albert treats her well....

Lori

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1310071994|2964099 said:
fogdancer|1310068818|2964060 said:
Sorry to differ Bobby... it is a tiara even so Loren Bäumers says so we only think in those boring and most of all heavy designs of tiaras , and yes I saw the video, so Charlene participated in the whole process in the making.

Salut

Well, it's not a conventional tiara. That's for sure. But ok - I'll call it a tiara, rather than a head ornament, since that's how the designed calls it.

Best,
Bobby

I don't believe it's a tiara. I mean the coronet in my avatar is a... a coronet. These words have very specific meanings, no? What is a coronet, Bobby, as opposed to a crown? Could you please explain this to me? Many thanks! :))

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I beleive we've discussed this before, Danny. To put it simply - a coronet is a small crown without arches. It's used by Princes and Princesses and peers. A coronet usually appears on a coat of arms.
Perhaps you'd like to read the Wikipedia enry for more information - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronet

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1310356179|2966240 said:
I also found some more information on the hair ornaments Charlene Wittstock wore to her church wedding, but I don't know if that information is now already widely disseminated! I stopped paying attention right after the wedding and just stumbled over it in the back of some French material on the Ocean Jewel Tiara just now.

http://bijoussimo.centerblog.net/100-charlene-princesse-de-monaco

Deb/AGBF

Thanks for the link, Deb. The blog is quite interesting and has some nice info about royal jewels :) The info about the diamond hair piece that The Princess of Monaco wore is not entirely correct, though. While they're right that the jewel was lent to her by her sister-in-law Caroline, they are wrong that is was owned by Princess Grace. In The Princess' own words: "Princess Caroline has lent me some beautiful diamond hair clips which belonged to her grandmother". Remember that Caroline wore them at the gala before her first marriage.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today I came acress some interesting photos of Queen Margrethe II from her visit to the USA last month.
The Queen was named Person of the Year by the Danish-American society. She wore her four row pearl necklace, pearl/diamond earrings (a wedding present from Henri) and diamond and turtle shell hair combs:
Margrethe II wore part of her sapphire demi-parure at a dinner in the Danish Embassy (this must be one of the few times I've seen HM with high heels):

And finally a rear view of HM's pearl, gold and ruby set, which she wore at a ballet at the John F. Kennedy Center (a pity that there isn't a good front view). The Queen also wore two of her infamous popies:

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1310418344|2966734 said:
The info about the diamond hair piece that The Princess of Monaco wore is not entirely correct, though. While they're right that the jewel was lent to her by her sister-in-law Caroline, they are wrong that is was owned by Princess Grace.

Thank you for the information, Bobby. I had noticed that my "new" website had information that clashed with what I had previously been hearing, namely that the hair clips had deliberately bypassed Grace for Caroline! (That is not good English, so please don't copy it! Hairclips cannot actually "bypass" anyone on their own!)

On another note, I have been meaning to compliment you on your superb command of English for days. You have become more and more fluent over the years. I would say that you write, "like a native speaker" now, except to say that as an American would be an insult to you! Perhaps if I were British, it would be a compliment! At any rate, your writing in the thread on the nature of royalty is a pleaure to read...as is all your writing.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
fogdancer|1310348203|2966179 said:
The Le Ocean tiara

The tiara is part of an exhibition about the princely wedding in the Oceanological museum in Monaco. The weddign attires of the Prince of Mlle Wittstock are also also on display.
weddingattire_grimforum1.jpg
Side view of the tiara:
tiarasideview.jpg
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0bgA90I5qk7z6?q=albert+ii+charlene
Larger photo of the front - http://www.daylife.com/photo/0cD17PG80XbWS?q=Prince+Albert+II

There's another intersting exhibition in the principality right now - Fastes et Grandeur des Cours en Europe in the Grimaldi forum. One of the exhibits there is the grand diamond tiara of the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg. One has to wonder if the Henri and Maria Teresa brought the tiara with them in the begining of the month ;-)
grandtiaralux_grimforumx.jpg
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0dE3bgd7j48Oo?q=grimaldi+forum

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1310420515|2966760 said:
On another note, I have been meaning to compliment you on your superb command of English for days. You have become more and more fluent over the years. I would say that you write, "like a native speaker" now, except to say that as an American would be an insult to you! Perhaps if I were British, it would be a compliment! At any rate, your writing in the thread on the nature of royalty is a pleaure to read...as is all your writing.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

LOL A native speaker tells me that my English has improved a lot for the past three years and that I have a superb command of English, alsmost like a native speaker, but that I might feel insulted just beacuse she's an American, rather than a Brit... :D:D:D
Of couse I'm not insulted, Deb (even if I prefer BE to AE). In fact, that's one of the nicest things I've heard about myself here :razz: Thanks!
Indeed when I sometimes look at my first posts here I think - "OMG! Is that really me? So insecure about what I'm writing and sounding so clumsy." Of course even now thare's the occasional spelling/grammar mistake, but I see that even some native posters make them sometimes.

Once again- Thanks a lot!

Best,
Bobby

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
I would love to have the invite to walk in and visit :appl: HRH and see her closets and jewels. Set down have tea and enjoy the show

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
:D :D Shelly! Good to hear from you. If you're invited, I'm coming too!

Bobby, the pic of Maria Teresa w/the sappires is great. Really shows them to advantage. And the Luxembourg tiara is a knockout!

--- Laurie

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Would that not be a dream come true to see the famous jewels of HRH. To try them on to just touch them. I wonder which pieces she has are the oldest in her collection?

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Why does P Charlene look so unhappy

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QueenShelly|1310495280|2967397 said:
Why does P Charlene look so unhappy

QueenShelly-This photo was among those on one of the sites to which a link was provided above. Charlene does, indeed, look forlorn. The caption for this photo states that the couple was still facing "runaway bride" rumours. If you check other fora on the Internet you you will see that there is still a lot of discussion about how Charlene was persuaded to go through with the marriage, what kind of deal she may have made with Prince Albert.

Some rumours about him border on the sinister with talk of Monaco's gambling industry and organized crime. I remember that Jacqueline Kennedy was offered a million dollars by JFK's father to remain married to him despite his infidelities. Sometimes honey is sweeter than vinegar. Perhaps a deal need not involve force. But I am in no position to know. I think that the more one reads, the better!

In the photograph the Prince and Princess of Monaco are being welcomed by President Jacob Zuma and First Lady Ma Thobeka Mabhida Zuma of South Africa in Durban.

Deb/AGBF

July62011Durban.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture taken on July 6, 2011-i.e. during the honeymoon of Charlene and Albert.

July62011.gif

famousjewlery

Rough_Rock
Really a beautiful Jewelry. I have never seen such a mesmerizing Jewelry ever. Believe me I was observing it from long time it was such a dazzling.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sort of surprised no one has posted the pics of Kate at the BAFTA dinner in L.A. The earrings are said to be loaned to Kate from the Queen. I don't know about the bracelet. Does anyone recognize it?

kate.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DearBuddha|1310565104|2967987 said:
I'm sort of surprised no one has posted the pics of Kate at the BAFTA dinner in L.A. The earrings are said to be loaned to Kate from the Queen. I don't know about the bracelet. Does anyone recognize it?

We were waiting for you to post a photo. Thank you for doing so! I was thinking how nice it must be to be the Duchess of Cambridge and to get one's earrings lent by the Queen, rather than by some jeweler!

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be the same photo you already posted, DearBuddha. I went looking, but found few that showed the earrings well.

Deb/AGBF

BAFTAEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was the only other variation on the theme!

catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-bafta.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo does not show Catherine's earrings particularly well, but I liked it.

Deb/AGBF

william_kate_bafta.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I think that dress of kate's needs more bling. The earrings are beautiful but not enough -- needs a necklace or brooch, something else. Or maybe her hair up so the earrings show better would do the trick.

Re: Charlene -- I still am not convinced all this garbage about their relationship is true. Her father said they were in different hotels because Albert had a meeting at 7 a.m. & didn't want get up at dawn in order to spend a ton of time tied up in traffic driving from the fancy hotel. To me that's believable -- DH & I did the same one time on coinciding business trips to Milan. Remember, they've been together 6 yrs; they're not newlyweds in the first blush of love.

Another thing: Albert could not have gone back to Monaco expressly to take a paternity test. His DNA is on file from the, ahem, previous ones. There is no need for his presence. In fact the test, if it's being done, should already have occurrred.

Charlene isn't a smiley sort of girl. She's shy, according to what I've read, and from seeing her in interviews, I agree. Apparently she's very anxious about putting a foot wrong & embarrassing the RF & finds the constant media scrutiny nerve-wracking. Think: how would you feel with crowds of paparazzi everywhere you went -- requiring you to kiss for the cameras endlessly & staring at your every expression: "How does she feel about the other women? Does she look happy? Is she angry? Did she sell herself to him for money?" I'd stop smiling for the vultures too!

Back to jewels!

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results