shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I use those too. We can share the Queen's earrings!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1310737552|2969580 said:
I am in the hospital battling kidney stones. I am on great medications right now :wacko: , so I'll apologize in advance if my post seems a little loopy. And don't worry if I'm not posting a lot these next few days. Only reason I'm posting now is DH brought in the laptop.

As far as Catherine's dresses go, I love her style!! She is simple, classy, and elegant. It is such a refreshing change from trampy trash like the Kardashian brood or Brittney Spears. I get quite irritated when I read articles that say the Duchess of Cambridge isn't dressing hip or young enough. I would much rather my little princess take Catherine as a role model for style than Lindsey Lohan or Rhianna.

As for the jewels, I think this is something she is going to grow into. William is the second in line, so there's not really going to be a a lot of tiara events for her anyway. Camilla is wearing the big stuff right now, and will get even bigger stuff when Charles becomes King. Catherine wore more jewelry for her wedding (tiara and earrings) than HSH Princess Charlene did (no earrings and a jeweled ornament you could hardly see since it was on the back of her head and half buried in her hair).

OUCH!!! Take care and hope you're feeling better now!!!

Hugs,
Lori

Scotsgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your help regarding Kate's BAFTA earrings. Bobby is quiet right now. I would like to think that he is researching :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Scotsgirl|1310925642|2970845 said:
Bobby is quiet right now. I would like to think that he is researching :))

LOL. We'll look forward to a thesis.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1310737552|2969580 said:
I am in the hospital battling kidney stones. I am on great medications right now :wacko: , so I'll apologize in advance if my post seems a little loopy. And don't worry if I'm not posting a lot these next few days. Only reason I'm posting now is DH brought in the laptop.

Maria, I just so hope that you'll be better soon! I do miss you here!

Warm hugs!
Yours,
Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I add my wishes for you to be dancing again soon! And come back here with us. You deserve a special tiara for this.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Scotsgirl|1310925642|2970845 said:
Thanks everyone for your help regarding Kate's BAFTA earrings. Bobby is quiet right now. I would like to think that he is researching :))
I was not doing a further research, Scotsgirl, just taking a couple of days off the forum. I'd like to belive that the earrings are (part of the) wedding present from The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall, or The Queen & The Duke of Edinburgh.Why not even The Duke of Cabmbridge himself :)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1310848957|2970495 said:
Scotsgirl, what you wrote makes sense. No flames here; in fact your insight is welcome. So are you, by the way! :wavey:

Can't find any photos of the Queen wearing those earrings -- they are very pretty & mysterious! Can't imagine owning them and NOT wearing them! But HM has so many choices, it must get boring...yawn. Combined round & baguettes are one of my favorite things -- my wedding ring has them alternating. If anyone can turn up a picture, it will be Bobby.

--- Laurie

If you aks me, no photos of The Queen with this particular pair of earrings exisits for a very simple reason - they are/were not hers! But if I come across a photo I'll most certainly post it :)

BTW, I think that wearing the same pieces over and over again is boring. Dusting off something from your extensive collection is not. I can very well imagine HM wering these with her best diamonds (which combine round & baguette-cut stones), possibly also the Cullinan IX ring (a pear-shaped diamond).

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1310944783|2971017 said:
JewelFreak|1310848957|2970495 said:
Scotsgirl, what you wrote makes sense. No flames here; in fact your insight is welcome. So are you, by the way! :wavey:

Can't find any photos of the Queen wearing those earrings -- they are very pretty & mysterious! Can't imagine owning them and NOT wearing them! But HM has so many choices, it must get boring...yawn. Combined round & baguettes are one of my favorite things -- my wedding ring has them alternating. If anyone can turn up a picture, it will be Bobby.

--- Laurie

If you aks me, no photos of The Queen with this particular pair of earrings exisits for a very simple reason - they are/were not hers! But if I come across a photo I'll most certainly post it :)

BTW, I think that wearing the same pieces over and over again is boring. Dusting off something from your extensive collection is not. I can very well imagine HM wering these with her best diamonds (which combine round & baguette-cut stones), possibly also the Cullinan IX ring (a pear-shaped diamond).

Bobby

good point, that those were not HM's, but I think she owns so many things and surprise us from time to time - like the saphire earrings from the Garter Day. :)

for me the design is more real than fake or cz stones....

Mellie

Rough_Rock
I found this picture from another forum. Maybe someone can check if having the book: The Queen's Jewels, by Leslie Field (page 66)
p66.jpg
They do look similar.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellie|1310985323|2971266 said:
I found this picture from another forum. Maybe someone can check if having the book: The Queen's Jewels, by Leslie Field (page 66)
p66.jpg
They do look similar.

Thanks for posting, Mellie, but those are not the same earrings. Those were The Greville Chandelier Earrings given to The Princess Elizabeth by her parents in 1947. I'll look for a close-up.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a close-up of the Greville Chandelier earrings, sometimes known as the George VI Chandelier Earrings, which were given to The Princess Elizabeth by her parents in 1947.

GrevilleChandelierEarrings.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
AGBF|1311003175|2971416 said:
p66.jpg
They do look similar.

Thanks for posting, Mellie, but those are not the same earrings. Those were The Greville Chandelier Earrings given to The Princess Elizabeth by her parents in 1947. I'll look for a close-up.

Deb/AGBF
right.
the brooch is the bottom part of Queen Mary's stomacher - first time completly worn during the Golden Jubilee royals diner, Windsor Castle

Scotsgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for your comments re Catherine's BAFTA earrings. It appears that they will remain a mystery and I certainly take heed of what you say, ie- they are probably real. Catherine wore relatively inexpensive earrings with her $6000 dollar Jenny Packham dress at a big charity event in UK recently. Maybe that is why I suspected that the BAFTA earrings were not the real thing? Just something about the fit in her ear, lack of sparkle? You guys are the experts, I'm just an avid lurker on this site. I have been enjoying all your posts for ages, super pics and real knowledge in abundance.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

They do look similar.

The key word here is similar, Mellie. As already pointed out,the young Elizabeth II is wearing the Greville chandalier earrings, a wedding present from her mother. For a really good close-up, please follow this link - http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/m...=GIFTROYAL&object=200178&row=3&detail=magnify
(The photo kindly posted by Deb actually shows a replica of the earrings)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Last Saturday in Vienna the funeral of the last Crown Prince of Austra-Hungar and of his wife was held in the presence of many family members and royals from around the world.

Among the most notable guest were The King & Queen of Sweden. Her Majesty wore a long single strand of pearls, pearl and diamond earrings and a gold brooch:
PPE11071649.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2011/PPE11071649.jpg
The Prince & Princess of Liechtenstein were also there. Princess Marie wore two rows of pearls (as usually) and pearl/gold earrings:
PPE11071690.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2011/PPE11071690.jpg
Princess Michael of Kent, who is of Austrian & Hugarian ancetry, wore her gray pearl necklace and earrings; her bracelet is a mysty to me. HRH also prowdly wore her badge of the Order of the Starry Cross (which I was surprised she has):
PPE11071655.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2011/PPE11071655.jpg
Infanta Christina of Spain was also in attendance and wore a diamond bow brooch, formerly in the collection of Queen Victoria Eugenia. HRH also had diamond studs:
PPE11071674.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2011/PPE11071674.jpg
Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz of Belgium, The Archduke & Archduchess of Austria-Este attended as close family of the late Crown Prince. Lorenz is Archduke Otto's nephew. The Princess wore a pair of impressive earrings with pair-shaped diamonds: 150546.jpg
Last but not least come TRH The Duke & Duchess of Parma - Princess Annemarie wore a necklace of large pearls:
PPE11071654.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2011/PPE11071654.jpg

wad

Rough_Rock
Ur wedding ring is nice but u can chose it some mor better than tis :bigsmile:

Mellie

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the explanations. So the earings are still a mystery!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Princess Astrid's earrings are impressive indeed. Gorgeous! In another photo I saw, it looked like the bow brooch of Infanta Cristina had sapphires as well as diamonds.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1311074660|2972091 said:
Princess Astrid's earrings are impressive indeed. Gorgeous!

Yes, I have been fixated on them. I wonder if there are any other photos of them around?

Deb/AGBF

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the good wishes! I am home, but haven't passed the kidney stone yet. We've got to the point where I can manage with pain medication at home. It is good to be home!

I like Kate's BAFTA earrings, but I do wish she had worn her hair in a way that they would be seen better. I really liked the half up-do she did at the end of the trip.

My picture from Albert and Charlene's wedding is in tiaras. Enjoy!

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
to complete Charlene blings :Up_to_something:

278340_177851902277640_138714582858039_474455_6735085_o.jpg

418.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I was looking for information on the splendid pear shaped diamond earrings seen on Princess Astrid above at a funeral, I came across a photo of her in a magnificent parure inherited from her husband's family. It may have been pictured before in this thread; I do not recall.

In this photo, Princess Astrid is wearing a tiara and necklace of diamonds and emeralds that belonged to her mother-in-law, the Archduchess of Austria-Este, born Princess Margherita de Savoie-Aoste.

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

astridinemeraldsanddiamonds.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any info on the emerald and diamond set worn in the photos above by Princess Astrid? Emeralds are my birthstone and what girl doesn't love diamonds! The history of the pieces and details/better photos. Thanks so much.

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
I've been lurking on this thread for months and have read every post since #1.

I did some googling and it appears Astrid's emerald necklace used to be her husband's great-grandmother Helene of Orleans.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am posting another picture of Princess Astrid of Belgium and her husband, Prince Lorenz. I am not doing this at random. I started researching the history of the emerald and diamond necklace and the tiara worn by Princess Astrid and I got involved in the fascinating history of pre-war (pre-World War I) Europe as well as the romances of the royals of that era! I plan to post all I know (which is not all that much) about the provenance of the necklace and tiara, but I got sidetracked reading actual articles in, "The New York Times" about unrelated topics such as Princess Hélène's training as a nurse for World War I and her trip across Africa!

Deb/AGBF

PrincessAstridandPrinceLorenz.jpg

Scotsgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello SanDiegoLady - I am sure you are right, VIPs hardly ever pay the full retail price :)) Sometimes they seem to get the dress for nothing, the publicity is enough! I do hope that we will see Catherine wearing some beautiful jewels in the near future but Camilla wears the big bling. Catherine won't wear heavy jewels just because they are available, she is too fashion conscious.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results