carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1304168466|2908537 said:
Hard to believe P. Anne's husband really said that -- I hope it was lip-read wrong. So, what's his fabulous background? He's no more royal than Kate is.

I thought it was supposedly Anne who who smirked and made the, "rags to riches" comment. She has always thought too much of herself. I remember years ago thinking she had no manners when someone supposedly said, "your mother" to her and she rudely corrected the person to say, "Are you referring to her majesty the Queen?" She's probably jealous that she wasn't even allowed to marry her current husband in the Church of England (let alone Westminster Abbey) and had to flee to Scotland to marry him at all unless she wanted to get married the way Charles and Camilla did in some dusty Guild Hall. Since she spends most of her time with her horses, I think she should have gotten married in the stable where she learned her manners.

AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

edited for spelling

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1304132511|2908416 said:
TL|1304088882|2907931 said:
From the royal wedding official site. Info on the jewelry. Wow, this is the first time I've heard of a tourmaline being worn by any one in or related to the royal family!!
A tourmaline and diamond pendant and matching earrings have been designed and made for Mrs. Carole Middleton.

http://www.officialroyalwedding2011...ess--Bridesmaids--Dresses-and-Pages--Uniforms

Here's the best picture of the mother of the bride's jewelry that I've found so far.

Thanks Lady M, I wish there was a close up of these, as I think they're bluish, but I can't tell. I know they're only tourmalines, but it's kind of an interesting gem choice in a crowd wearing diamonds, emeralds, rubies and sapphires.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1304170204|2908547 said:
Hard to believe P. Anne's husband really said that -- I hope it was lip-read wrong. So, what's his fabulous background? He's no more royal than Kate is.

I thought it was supposedly Anne who who smirked and made the, "rags to riches" comment. She has always thought too much of herself. I remember years ago thinking she had no manners when shen someone supposedly said, "your mother" to her and she rudely corrected the person to say, "Are you referring to her majesty the Queen?" She's probably jealous that she wasn't even allowed to marry her current husband in the Church of England (let alone Westminster Abbey) and had to flee to Scotland to marry him at all unless she wanted to get married the way Charles and Camilla did in some dusty Guild Hall. Since she spends most of her time with her horses, I think she should have gotten married in the stable where she learned her manners.

AGBF

It's rather shocking she would say that when she didn't even give her children royal titles and her son married an American commoner, and her daughter is engaged to a commoner. Well, it's only heresay anyways, all this lip reading is kind of ridiculous, and it's like putting words in people's mouths. I would like to give Anne the benefit of the doubt as she works tirelessly for her charities, and she performs all her royal duties well.

As for Camilla, not sure why she was allowed to go in the registry room, she's not his mother. :knockout: I wish she had gotten a seat outside the Abby. :knockout: I felt sorry for the Spencers that had to look at her from across the aisle.

BTW, that little adorable Bridesmaid who had her ears covered is supposedly an internet sensation. They have her photo superimposed on all kinds of pictures like Justin Beiber singing, and other annoying noise makers. Very cute!!

make-it-stop-17662-1304130053-36.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Since she spends most of her time with her horses, I think she should have gotten married in the stable where she learned her manners.

AGBF

LOL! She's very like her father but a good deal rougher around the edges, though she does work awfully hard for her charities. Would not want to be her d-i-l, myself. Or even her next-door neighbor.

Missed by the photogs: the little bridesmaid was adooorable as the bride & all got organized on the steps outside the Abbey. Clasping her flower crown as if it would fly off, she put her face up & gave the biggest yawn I ever saw...."Oh, I'm so tired already!" you could just see her thinking. So cute I burst out laughing.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Official wedding portraits released! I love the one with the bridal party!

cwwedcathewill.jpg

cwwedbridalparty.jpg

cwwedfamily.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my goofy fun pictures...watching the wedding at 5 am local time (I made a little fascinator to go with what I knew I was wearing at school that day) and later in the day after school, looking at all the coverage online while dressed in my own royal jewels!

ladymaatwedding.jpg

Ladymatreception.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Let me throw this question out...The Earl of Wessex was wearing a military uniform. I know he was in the Royal Marines for a couple of months, but he left basic training after just a couple of months. He wore the Royal Marine uniform at the Duke of York's wedding (which was right before he left the Royal Marines) but he didn't wear the uniform to his own wedding. He certainly didn't stay in long enough to get all those decorations (just the blue sash and star of the Order of the Garter, which isn't connected to military service).

So what military uniform was he wearing? If it was the Royal Marines, I'm surprised he's allowed to wear it considering he quit.

edwardatcwwed-.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

I thought it was supposedly Anne who who smirked and made the, "rags to riches" comment. She has always thought too much of herself. I remember years ago thinking she had no manners when someone supposedly said, "your mother" to her and she rudely corrected the person to say, "Are you referring to her majesty the Queen?" She's probably jealous that she wasn't even allowed to marry her current husband in the Church of England (let alone Westminster Abbey) and had to flee to Scotland to marry him at all unless she wanted to get married the way Charles and Camilla did in some dusty Guild Hall. Since she spends most of her time with her horses, I think she should have gotten married in the stable where she learned her manners.

AGBF

edited for spelling

Oh, snap!
:lol: :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1304184378|2908606 said:
Here are my goofy fun pictures...watching the wedding at 5 am local time (I made a little fascinator to go with what I knew I was wearing at school that day) and later in the day after school, looking at all the coverage online while dressed in my own royal jewels!

You look utterly delightful, as I knew you would, LadyMaria. It is a pity that you could not attend the festivities at Westminster Abbey in that lavender confection. It looks as light and feminine as any of ones I saw on the English women in attendance (and considerably lovelier than most)!

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1304185525|2908611 said:
Let me throw this question out...The Earl of Wessex was wearing a military uniform. I know he was in the Royal Marines for a couple of months, but he left basic training after just a couple of months. He wore the Royal Marine uniform at the Duke of York's wedding (which was right before he left the Royal Marines) but he didn't wear the uniform to his own wedding. He certainly didn't stay in long enough to get all those decorations (just the blue sash and star of the Order of the Garter, which isn't connected to military service).

So what military uniform was he wearing? If it was the Royal Marines, I'm surprised he's allowed to wear it considering he quit.

I don't know what uniform he is wearing, but I don't think that performing military service is the only criterion for what uniform one is entitled to wear when he is a member of the royal family in the Unted Kingdom. I know that The Princess Royal (the hated Anne) is the titular commander of all sorts of regiments. I am sure that the male members of the family are given the same honors.

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1304187475|2908628 said:
I don't know what uniform he is wearing, but I don't think that performing military service is the only criterion for what uniform one is entitled to wear when he is a member of the royal family in the Unted Kingdom.

As you can see, members of the royal family, like The Duchess of Cornwall, are given titles and responsibilities to tie them to toops serving the UK and, indeed, the Commonwealth. Besides being Colonel of the 4th Battalion of Rifles, the Duchess recently took over Princess Alexandra's position as Colonel-in-Chief with The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada. (Princess Alexandra held the position for the past 50 years!) She may hold other positions as well.

Deb/AGBF

CamillaAndFourthBattallion.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Deb is right, royals are affiliated ceremonially w/all sorts of military units & can wear their uniforms. After much searching I could find barely any mention of poor Prince Edward at the wedding & no description of his uniform. He was wearing his Garter sash; that's all I recognize, not surprisingly. I found this from 2 yrs ago, maybe it's this unit's duds he has on, or could be something else. Illustrates the association w/the military anyhow.

Image2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1304174692|2908573 said:

Can someone photoshop Diana over Camilla? :devil:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanDiegoLady|1304145359|2908482 said:

I was sad & unimpressed when the Princess Royal was panned on just as the couple were going in to sign the registrar, Anne's husband said something to her & in return to her husband made an odd smirk & said, 'rags to riches'..

I am generally a kind and loving person, but like a lioness who defends her cubs, I can be a truly vicious enemy if I see someone whom I perceive as a threat attacking someone whom I perceive as gentle and needing my defense. The Princess Royal got in my way. I hope I am not going to go off the deep end and have to be removed from this thread by Ella! So far I think I am within bounds. This picture was already posted by someone else in a thread in Hangout. It shows their Royal Highnesses the Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice of York. I just thought that if The Princess Royal wants to put the House of Windsor in order she might leave The Duchess of Cambridge to her own devices and bend her mind to what she can do for her blood relatives, who seem to be in need of more tutelage than the former Miss Middleton!

Deb/AGBF

ThePrincessesOfYork.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know she's not a royal, but does anyone know what jewels Carole Middleton is wearing in this picture? They look like aquas, but not sure.

Okay, PS made the photo about 8 million times smaller after I uploaded it. GRRRRRR!

carolmiddletonjewels.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cropped so you could see them!!

carolmiddletonjewels1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1304174692|2908573 said:

LadyM,
I couldn't find these in larger higher resolution anywhere. Did they release micro-pictures online or what???? :confused:

BTW, someone posted this on another site, and I thought it was a bit touching, so I had to post it here.

dianalookingup.JPG

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1304196359|2908694 said:
I know she's not a royal, but does anyone know what jewels Carole Middleton is wearing in this picture? They look like aquas, but not sure.

I think this is it. Robinson Pelham designed Catherine's earrings and Pippa's earrings/necklace. This necklace and chandelier earrings are on his site. Sure looks like the ones Mrs. Middleton is wearing. They are blue topaz.

bluetopazcarole1.jpg

bluetopazcarole2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1304185525|2908611 said:

I found out a bit more about the uniforms, although nothing truly definitive about Edward's, LadyMaria.

"In place of the bearskin, worn on ceremonial occasions, Prince William will wear a simple forage cap bearing the regiment’s felicitous motto: Quis Separabit? (Who shall separate us?).

His decision to wear the Irish Guards Mounted Officer’s uniform, in Guard of Honour Order, was welcomed as a tribute to a battalion that has recently returned from an arduous tour in Afghanistan.

It may also reflect the Royal family’s wish to demonstrate the strengthening of ties between London and Dublin ahead of the Queen’s historic state visit to Ireland next month.

But the Prince’s choice of Army dress was said to have 'disappointed' some of his colleagues in the RAF, with whom he works as a search and rescue helicopter pilot.

It is customary for senior members of the Royal family to be given the title of high ranking officers in the Armed Forces, and traditional for them to wear military uniform to major royal weddings.

Other senior members of the Royal family will also wear full military dress to the service. The Duke of Edinburgh will wear a Garter sash with his Grenadier Guards uniform, which consists of a scarlet tunic similar to his grandson’s. The Duke of York - Rear Admiral in the Royal Navy - will also sport a Garter sash, as will the Earl of Wessex, the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent, who will all be wearing their military dress."

Here is a link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-wedding/8481741/Royal-wedding-Prince-William-marries-in-Irish-Guards-red.html

Deb/AGBF

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1304196935|2908707 said:

I think this is it. Robinson Pelham designed Catherine's earrings and Pippa's earrings/necklace. This necklace and chandelier earrings are on his site. Sure looks like the ones Mrs. Middleton is wearing. They are blue topaz.

Thanks Lady M, you are awesome. I hope they're not blue topaz though. :knockout:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Deb and JewelFreak! I totally get it how Edward gets to wear the uniform now!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1304197888|2908715 said:
LadyMaria|1304196935|2908707 said:

Thanks Lady M, you are awesome. I hope they're not blue topaz though. :knockout:

I hate to disappoint you TL...the Pelham site said they are blue topaz, that wasn't just my guess. Were you wishing for aquamarine? Or blue tourmaline?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Per tradition, the Duchess of Cambridge's bouquet returned to the Abbey today to lie on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

cwwedbouquet.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1304186842|2908623 said:
LadyMaria|1304184378|2908606 said:

You look utterly delightful, as I knew you would, LadyMaria. It is a pity that you could not attend the festivities at Westminster Abbey in that lavender confection. It looks as light and feminine as any of ones I saw on the English women in attendance (and considerably lovelier than most)!

Deb/AGBF

Thanks Deb! :) DH thought making a fascinator to wear while watching the wedding was over the top...sometimes he just doesn't get it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1304207986|2908772 said:
Per tradition, the Duchess of Cambridge's bouquet returned to the Abbey today to lie on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Oh, Maria, not only are you a sartorial wonder, you are a GOOD teacher! Using "lie" correctly -- you're one in a million. You made my day -- today as well as with your headwear every day! You should be a Knight (Knightess?) of the Garter yourself.

--- Laurie

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Anne I have no respect for this women.

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
I always thought that the stick should be removed from Anne's bumm

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
So who out ranks whom?
Catherine or Camilla

QueenShelly