color
clarity

Royal Jewels

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
I'm here also. It is a amazing day.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I've been up the whole time and loved every minute!!!! This wedding was SO William and Kate...they did it their way!

Lori

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I'm at school now...I saw on the way out the door that the Duchess of Cambridge's earrings were her wedding present from her parents. The earrings that Pippa wore are a smaller version, and she has a necklace to match. I wonder if there is also a necklace for the Duchess that we will see at her first royal event after the wedding.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, gorgeous wedding! I don't think i've ever seen a more perfect one. Kate looked lovely lovely & William in his bright red Irish Guards uniform ditto. I love the veil too, Maria, the edging is an elegant touch, and also like the relatively short train. I'm waiting to see close-ups of the dress & embroidery on the skirt.

Bobby, I couldn't get your link to work, but the Beeb says Kate's earrings were a gift from her parents. I kind of sighed when I saw them; it's great to see her in more formal jewelry than she usually wears, and I hope to see much more on her as time goes on. Diamonds suit her dark hair so well.

So here's the Scroll (Halo to the RF apparently) Tiara, according to the RF website, given by George VI (DoY then) to QEQM 3 weeks before he became king, made by Cartier, 1936. HM received it from her mother on her 18th birthday. I can't find any photos of HM wearing it. She has lent it to Margaret & Anne.

Screen shot 2011-04-29 at 7.17.35 AM.png

PrincessAnneScrollTiara7.jpg

GW225H309.jpg

QueenElizabethQueenMotherScrollTiara.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My screen capture of Kate arriving at the Abbey with her father. Lovely bride and a lovely wedding.

My Leslie Field calls the tiara "Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother's Halo Scroll Tiara". Gorgeous choice.

KatesWeddingTiara2.jpg

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful photo of Princess Anne wearing the tiara, I have never seen her look like that, so young and pretty.

I read that Kate wore the tiara as her 'something borrowed' and it's only on loan from the Queen. I wonder if it will be given to her as a gift, or if she will get another tiara. I am sure she would want to keep this one for sentimental reasons.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1304082433|2907868 said:
Beautiful, gorgeous wedding! I don't think i've ever seen a more perfect one. Kate looked lovely lovely & William in his bright red Irish Guards uniform ditto. I love the veil too, Maria, the edging is an elegant touch, and also like the relatively short train. I'm waiting to see close-ups of the dress & embroidery on the skirt.

Bobby, I couldn't get your link to work, but the Beeb says Kate's earrings were a gift from her parents. I kind of sighed when I saw them; it's great to see her in more formal jewelry than she usually wears, and I hope to see much more on her as time goes on. Diamonds suit her dark hair so well.

So here's the Scroll (Halo to the RF apparently) Tiara, according to the RF website, given by George VI (DoY then) to QEQM 3 weeks before he became king, made by Cartier, 1936. HM received it from her mother on her 18th birthday. I can't find any photos of HM wearing it. She has lent it to Margaret & Anne.

I loved the wedding too. I also liked the very small bouquet, unlike Diana's enormous bouquet (and enormous dress, train, etc. . . ). It was nice to see the dress in all it's detail, and the tiara was beautiful. What was the brooch that the Queen was wearing? I was drooling at it.

We need new closeups on the latest royal jewels, Kate's earrings (a gift from her parents). What a classic elegant pair.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the royal wedding official site. Info on the jewelry. Wow, this is the first time I've heard of a tourmaline being worn by any one in or related to the royal family!!

"The veil is made of layers of soft, ivory silk tulle with a trim of hand-embroidered flowers, which was embroidered by the Royal School of Needlework. The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen. The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday.
The Bride’s earrings, by Robinson Pelham, are diamond-set stylised oak leaves with a pear shaped diamond set drop and a pavé set diamond acorn suspended in the centre. Inspiration for the design comes from the Middleton family's new coat of arms, which includes acorns and oak leaves. The earrings were made to echo the tiara. The earrings were a personal gift to the Bride from her parents for her Wedding Day.
Robinson Pelham have also designed and made a pair of diamond earrings for Miss Philippa Middleton. These earrings are more floral in nature to compliment the headpiece worn by Miss Philippa Middleton during the Service.
A tourmaline and diamond pendant and matching earrings have been designed and made for Mrs. Carole Middleton. Two gold stick pins, one with a single gold acorn at the head and the other with an oak leaf, are also worn respectively by the Father of the Bride, Mr. Michael Middleton, and the Bride's brother, Mr. James Middleton."

http://www.officialroyalwedding2011...ess--Bridesmaids--Dresses-and-Pages--Uniforms

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to check in here because I knew y'all would have good pictures and an ID on the tiara!

The wedding was just perfect...she looked perfect. Dress was gorgeous and elegant like she is. Loved it!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
TL, good comment about the bouquet -- I agree. Everything could not have been lovelier.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate Middleton as a bride.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

KateMiddletonbyAGBF1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful!

AGBF

KateMiddletonbyAGBF2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is my favorite! She is ethereal and innocent, the quintessential bride!

AGBF

KateMiddletonbyAGBF3.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely wedding! And what a pleasant surprise to see the scroll tiara on Catherine...classic choice.

TL, the brooch that HM is wearing is the True Lovers Knot brooch, which belonged to Queen Mary. Most interestingly, the ends of the bow are en tremblant. Lovely choice. There's a post about this here: http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1304087794.html Curious to see what the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will receive as wedding gifts!

The royal ladies looked lovely last evening, there's been quite a lot of buzz on the GREMB and RJWMB about the Duchess of Brabant's necklace last night and today--what do you guys think? Is her necklace real? My two cents is yes, I certainly hope it is. The duchess also wore what seems to be the laurel leaf tiara as a necklace, kindly posted by Lorenzo here: http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1304097311.html IMO, very successful as a necklace. All of the royals were wonderfully dressed today, it's very heartwarming to see how happy Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are together :bigsmile:

Next up, the royal wedding in Monaco! July seems so far away...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shadowed_rain|1304108040|2908185 said:
What a lovely wedding! And what a pleasant surprise to see the scroll tiara on Catherine...classic choice.

TL, the brooch that HM is wearing is the True Lovers Knot brooch, which belonged to Queen Mary. Most interestingly, the ends of the bow are en tremblant. Lovely choice. There's a post about this here: http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1304087794.html Curious to see what the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will receive as wedding gifts!

The royal ladies looked lovely last evening, there's been quite a lot of buzz on the GREMB and RJWMB about the Duchess of Brabant's necklace last night and today--what do you guys think? Is her necklace real? My two cents is yes, I certainly hope it is. The duchess also wore what seems to be the laurel leaf tiara as a necklace, kindly posted by Lorenzo here: http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-jewels/msg/1304097311.html IMO, very successful as a necklace. All of the royals were wonderfully dressed today, it's very heartwarming to see how happy Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are together :bigsmile:

Next up, the royal wedding in Monaco! July seems so far away...

I think Charlene Wittstock was probably the best dressed woman there, aside from the bride of course, I can't wait to see her wedding dress!!!

Thanks for the info about the brooch!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The laurel leaf works beautifully as a necklace. She looks great in it.

Hope they'll release photos of the wedding gifts, as they did w/Charles & his mother, etc. This couple is so low-key & determined not to seem extravagant, I'd be disappointed if they decided not to make a big deal of the bling they receive. I wanna SEE it!!!

Agreed, on to Monaco. Didn't Charlene look nice at the dinner the night before? And Princess Letizia was totally stunning! Stole the show, imho. What a GORGEOUS dress; it showed off her beautiful shoulders & neck. Graceful as they come. Rave, rave, rave.

--- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catherine once more.

Deb/AGBF

StillCatherine1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful photos, Deb. I can't imagine a more beautiful bride.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1304088882|2907931 said:
From the royal wedding official site. Info on the jewelry. Wow, this is the first time I've heard of a tourmaline being worn by any one in or related to the royal family!!
A tourmaline and diamond pendant and matching earrings have been designed and made for Mrs. Carole Middleton.

http://www.officialroyalwedding2011...ess--Bridesmaids--Dresses-and-Pages--Uniforms

Here's the best picture of the mother of the bride's jewelry that I've found so far.

carole-middleton-2-435.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous picture of the Duchess of Cambridge's earrings. They were designed especially for her, and I read that they were meant to compliment the Scroll tiara. This tells me she picked out that tiara to wear quite a while ago. I also hope this means that when she needs a tiara for state occasions, this will be the tiara she chooses to wear.

catherineweddingearrigns.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Just a delightful picture...

duchescambridge830.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Remember the picture of Diana comforting her littlest bridesmaid when she bumped her head?

I think this will go down as the most memorable bridesmaid picture...little Grace doesn't appreciate the noise on the balcony!

gracescowling.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Now on to the evening reception. The Duchess of Cambridge changed into another Sarah Burton dress. I love the sparkly detail on the belt. I love the simplicity of the gown, but then the jacket adds an edge to it that is not totally over the top. I can't tell if she is still wearing the earrings or not.

catherineevenigdress.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And the last picture I've got to share is the Princess Royal. Note the sapphire necklace and matching earrings...is this new??!?!

princessroyalsappiresjpg.jpg

NSEB1958

Rough_Rock
I must say this was a BEAUTIFUL wedding! Both Catherine and WIlliam look as though they are so happy! Love the "Halo" Tiara on Catherine! So understated and yet very elegant! Loved the Queen's dress too and her broach! Saw a picture of the Queen with Catherine's Mother and Camilla. Their dresses were individual yet complementary. Cheerful and very sping like! I wish Catherine and William many many years of happiness together!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
SanDiegoLady|1304145359|2908482 said:

I was sad & unimpressed when the Princess Royal was panned on just as the couple were going in to sign the registrar, Anne's husband said something to her & in return to her husband made an odd smirk & said, 'rags to riches'.. My pristine impression of her immediately shattered.

Really?? Oh, boo hiss!!

Honestly, if that was dig at her family, they need to take a good hard look at themselves. Diana's father was an Earl, and her mother ran off with an Argentinian polo player(?) You can't deny Charles and Di's marriage was an unmitigated disaster. Like Kate is in it for the money, no woman in her right mind (and Kate certainly seems to be) would marry into the British royal family except if it truly was for love.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I really liked William's comment to her when he first saw her at the altar, "You look stunning, babe." Sounds like a good, comfortable relationship thing to say. He seems to have his head on straight & I'm sure will be very helpful to her in staying grounded (as his father was not to his mother) through the initial pressures.

Hard to believe P. Anne's husband really said that -- I hope it was lip-read wrong. So, what's his fabulous background? He's no more royal than Kate is.

The more I see her earrings, the more I like them. I also thought her mother's outfit was elegant as heck with the frogs on front & sleeves.

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1304168466|2908537 said:
Hard to believe P. Anne's husband really said that -- I hope it was lip-read wrong. So, what's his fabulous background? He's no more royal than Kate is.

Laurie, I agree. It's hard to believe anyone would say that in public at that time.

I liked the tiara very much. That was the only aspect of this I was really interested in and wanting to see.

Others have said this but it had a kind of medieval simplicity to it and the dress and train matched it perfectly.

Cartier is my favorite jeweler also so I liked the fact they got some free publicity just because they happened to make something like this that was noteworthy from 1936 until the present day.

Even though I wasn't that interested in this royal wedding I hope the new bride and groom will have a long happy life together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results