shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Whether you think this is funny or not (I was laughing until I cried... :lol: ) the look-a-likes are amazing! There is even a guest that is a dead ringer for Prince Michael of Kent! And please note...the Catherine Middleton look-a-like is wearing a tiara. It looks like a small fringe. I am getting a little than more concerned that she may not wear a tiara :blackeye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kav0FEhtLug&feature=topvideos_entertainment

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
ausiegem|1303034858|2898281 said:
Whoops I don't know why that didn't link. Queen Margrethe's ring I mean. I absolutely love that last photo of her.

I can only tell you that her mother, Queen Ingrid, also wore the ring frequently. Since Her Majesty wore the ring en étrange (in Sweden), it must be either private property of The Queen or belonging to the family foundation.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1303047258|2898356 said:
So Bobby, are these just general pictures of Queen Margrethe or was this her birthday party?

If it is this year's birthday party, do you have more pictures? I see one other person in a tiara and would love to see more!

Hi Maria!

The first photo is from the private party for Queen Margrethe II's 70th birthday last year (on the day itself). This was a very glittering affair and I'm sure you must remeber at least some part of it. The second photo is from a gala dinner in Christiansborg Palace, January 2010. The third and last photo is from the private dinner for the Swedish royal couple's Silver wedding in 2001.
The tiara-wearing-lady that you mention is HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg, who had a very prominent place at the table of honour.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1303047877|2898359 said:
prince.of.preslav|1302991079|2898022 said:
I also wondered about the names and was happy to understand that at least the girl got a nice royal name - Josephine.

Bobby

So you're not crazy about Vincent for the boy? I always thought that CP Mary was robbed with her first child's name since she had no choice but to name him Christian, so for this boy I am assuming this was a name that she really wanted. Look at Queen Margarethe...again, no choice with Fredrick, but Joachim is unusual.

Yes, I'm not crazy about the choice of first name for the baby Prince. It certainly isn't a favourite of mine but that bad. Honestly, I had hopes for either Valdemar or Wilhelm. As to Vincent, I preffer the french pronunciation of the name.
Prince Christian - I think it's a nice tradition to name the future monarchs Frederik or Christian. Of course The Crown Prince & Princess chose 3 more names for their first born - Valdemar, Henri and John. They could chose something else than Valdemar had they wanted and then call the child (privately) by that name. Look at for example the two latest British Kings - David and Bertie in the family, Edward VIII and George V for the world.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1303052190|2898399 said:
Whether you think this is funny or not (I was laughing until I cried... :lol: ) the look-a-likes are amazing! There is even a guest that is a dead ringer for Prince Michael of Kent! And please note...the Catherine Middleton look-a-like is wearing a tiara. It looks like a small fringe. I am getting a little than more concerned that she may not wear a tiara :blackeye:

Hilarious! Thanks for the link, Maria. The look-a-likes are really good, especially The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry.
But contrary to you, I do think we'll see a tiara on Catherine on April 29. You know that hope dies last ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It's a bit earlier in London but here it's already April 21st. This means, of course, that dear old Elizabeth II celebrates yet another b'day today! May Her Majesty have a wonderful day and may there be many happy returns!
2695775.jpg
QUEEN-ELIZABETH-II.jpg
EIISapphiresCanda.jpg

Bobby

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday to HM!! She looks delightful and so full of smiles lately!

LadyMaria|1303052190|2898399 said:

There is a photographer (I forget her name right now) that has put together an array of photos/videos on the royal family and Kate Middleton using the same actors. They are used in this video as well. She does very informal, almost laughable imagery of them, like they were average, ordinary people withtout the formal protocals that most people see IRL with royals. The actress that plays Kate Middleton in this video gave up her day job to do it full time. I saw that on a televion news program about these portrayals using these same actors.

Although the upcoming royal wedding is a happy time for everyone, and imagery like this, is fun, it is rather sad that Diana can't be there to see her son wed. :((

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Bobby,

Do you have a closer view of the brooch? I don't think I have seen it before. Thanks

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
been awhile since Ive posted here and wondering if there's been speculation what jewelry the Queen will be wearing to the Royal wedding or what Kate may be wearing.She is so beautiful that im sure besides the tiara and her engagement ring she wont wear many other pieces.I think it would be cool if the queen wore the pearls she originally wore on her wedding day.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1303417805|2902107 said:
Bobby,

Do you have a closer view of the brooch? I don't think I have seen it before. Thanks

I'm afraid this is the closest photo of this brooch I've seen so far.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
jewelerman|1303512512|2902912 said:
been awhile since Ive posted here and wondering if there's been speculation what jewelry the Queen will be wearing to the Royal wedding or what Kate may be wearing.She is so beautiful that im sure besides the tiara and her engagement ring she wont wear many other pieces.I think it would be cool if the queen wore the pearls she originally wore on her wedding day.

I also don'yt expect Catherine to wear much jewels, other than a tiara, a pair of esrrings and two rings. Depending on the tiara I'd like to see either Diana, PoW's pearl drops or something simple with diamonds (large studs f.e.).
As to what The Queen will wear, well, I hope to see one of HM's larger brooches - either one of Queen Mary's bow brooches or the Surrey brooch. I also think it's likely that HM will wear the The ‘Queen Anne’ and ‘Queen Caroline’ pearl necklaces (she wore them at her elder grandson's wedding, too).
I also wonder what The Duchess of Cornwall will wear? I for one would like to see HRH with the pink topaz, diamond and pearl choker with the matching earrings, but would not mind Queen Alexandra's emerald earrinds, PoW brooch with the emerald drop and the three-row pearl necklace either.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have any information on the necklace that Catherine Middleton is wearing in these pictures? She wears it a lot, both to more formal events (aqua dress to the Boxing Ball) and friends' weddings (blue Issa dress and black jacket).

katemiddletonboxingball2.jpg

KateMiddletoneverydatnecklacejpg.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1303555879|2903274 said:
jewelerman|1303512512|2902912 said:

I also don'yt expect Catherine to wear much jewels, other than a tiara, a pair of esrrings and two rings. Depending on the tiara I'd like to see either Diana, PoW's pearl drops or something simple with diamonds (large studs f.e.).
As to what The Queen will wear, well, I hope to see one of HM's larger brooches - either one of Queen Mary's bow brooches or the Surrey brooch. I also think it's likely that HM will wear the The ‘Queen Anne’ and ‘Queen Caroline’ pearl necklaces (she wore them at her elder grandson's wedding, too).
I also wonder what The Duchess of Cornwall will wear? I for one would like to see HRH with the pink topaz, diamond and pearl choker with the matching earrings, but would not mind Queen Alexandra's emerald earrinds, PoW brooch with the emerald drop and the three-row pearl necklace either.

Bobby

I just hope the Princess Royal does NOT wear the yellow dress she wore to Charles and Diana's wedding and to Lady Rose Windsor's wedding.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1303573201|2903379 said:
I just hope the Princess Royal does NOT wear the yellow dress she wore to Charles and Diana's wedding and to Lady Rose Windsor's wedding.

If The Princess Royal is to wear an outfit from a previous (royal) weding, then I hope she choses the one from her son Peter's wedding.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Easter everyone! My little prince and princess had me up at 6 am looking for their Easter baskets. And here are a couple of other bunnies for all of you!

bunnybrooch1.jpg

bunnybrooch2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Duchess68

Rough_Rock
Hi Lady Maria
In response to your question: Does anyone have any information on the necklace that Catherine Middleton is wearing in these pictures? She wears it a lot, both to more formal events (aqua dress to the Boxing Ball) and friends' weddings (blue Issa dress and black jacket).

From a couple of pictures that I've seen that were fairly close up, it almost looks like a round evil eye pendant. But, I could be wrong.

Take care,
Duchess68

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1303572978|2903376 said:
Does anyone have any information on the necklace that Catherine Middleton is wearing in these pictures? She wears it a lot, both to more formal events (aqua dress to the Boxing Ball) and friends' weddings (blue Issa dress and black jacket).

For what it's worth, here's a closer photo of the pendant:
ctherine_pandant.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TH The Emir od Qatar & Sheikha Mozah payed a State Visit to Spain earlier this week. At the lunch at El Prado palace the Sheikha wore a pair of impressive diamond and onix chandelier earrings:
43654.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dHEbe68td7Qu/x610.jpg

In the evening there was a (low-key) State Banquet, at which none of the ladies wore a tiara. Decorations were also not worn, save for the neck badges of the Golden Fleece (gentlemen) and a miniature for The Queen.
At the banquet Sheikha Mozah wore long diamond earrings:
PPE11042590.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2011/PPE11042590.jpg
Queen Sofia wore pearl earrings, Queen Ena's pearl brooch and a two-row necklace with what-looks-like jade beads:
PPE11042588.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2011/PPE11042588.jpg
The Princess of Asturias wore her star earrings (I start thinking that she can't take them off):
PPE11042587.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2011/PPE11042587.jpg

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sheikha Mozah is very elegant, as well as intelligent & accomplished. Impressive woman. I can't get over the necklace she wore. According to Royal Forums, it was made by Cartier in the early 90s w/emeralds they had had for some time while deciding how to set them. Can't say the result is very elegant. Ostentatious is more like it -- or plain vulgar imho. The Sheikha changed it, with a great deal more success.

--- Laurie

ETA: Mouth-watering emeralds, though!

000jb.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1303917543|2906191 said:
Sheikha Mozah is very elegant, as well as intelligent & accomplished. Impressive woman. I can't get over the necklace she wore. According to Royal Forums, it was made by Cartier in the early 90s w/emeralds they had had for some time while deciding how to set them. Can't say the result is very elegant. Ostentatious is more like it -- or plain vulgar imho. The Sheikha changed it, with a great deal more success.

--- Laurie

ETA: Mouth-watering emeralds, though!

The necklaces do look similar, but is this really one and the same necklace? Obviously the emeralds (the snake's eggs) must've been removed, but for me personally the 'hook' formed by the sneke's tale is tighter in the all-diamond version, than the one in the emerald version. Don't you think it's possible that Cartier may have created a new necklace (after the emerld version) for the Sheikha?

And here you can see Naomi Campbell wearing it - http://www.gstatic.com/hostedimg/3126549bf15c836f_large

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bobby, you could be right. I simply repeated what I saw on RF, assuming they knew what they were talking about. But looking carefully, it does seem like a different necklace: the section below the cross-over to where it begins to curve looks about the same length on both. The tail curl is smaller in the Sheikha's than in the emerald one -- if Cartier had re-done that for her, it would've made the part above the curl a bit longer. Photos are not the best evidence, but it makes sense they are not the same. (I can't BELIEVE the size of those 2 emeralds!)

More below.

--- Laurie

000jb.jpg

58226.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This is not the only snake necklace Cartier has made, so it is conceivable they made more than one in that particular style. Other examples:

15835_214339326346_693031346_3758553_3002361_nwtmk.jpg

Cartier-and-America_0114br.jpg

Cartier-and-America_0051br.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Royal Wedding Time, guys! Tonight there was (and probably still continues) a pre-wedding gala dinner for the visiting royals, hosted by Lady Elizabeth Anson (second cousin to the Prince of Wales). Memebers of the British Royal family are also attending. Among the foreign royals are HM Queen Margrethe II, The Sultan & Sultana of Brunei, The Queen of Spain, the Prince & Princess of Asturias, the Crown Princess of Sweden & Prince Daniel, the King & Queen of Greece, the Crown Prince & Princess and Prince Nikolaos & Pss Tatiana of Greece, The Crown Prince & Princess of Serbia. From the BRF The Queen and Prince Philip, the P&PoW, the Duke of York and his daughters, The Wessex couple, Prince & Princess Michael of Kent, Princess Alexandra and Lady Gabriella are attending the gala dinner.
Most ladies wore new dresses and some even new jewels!
Here are some links to photos:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/c8s0zfO5y1O/Royal+Wedding+Pre+Wedding+Dinner
http://www.vg.no/bildespesial/spesial.php?id=8281
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...mage&p=Mandarin+Oriental+Hyde+Park+28+April#2

I hope someone would like to comment the jewels of the ladies :)

Enjoy,
Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results