shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I'll take your offer Bobby!!

Actually, I didn't see a lot in the way of jewels that got my attention. It seemed quite understated. Then again, at other royal weddings this type of event would have tiaras, but that never happens with the British Royal weddings.

Crown Princess Victoria....love the bracelet!

cpvictoiracwwed.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Lady Anson curtsying to the Queen. I love the emeralds with the dark green dress, but I highly doubt the hair color is natural!

ladyansoncwwed.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Elizabeth...interesting necklace she's wearing and it appears to have matching earrings.

queenelizabethecwwed.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The Earl and Countess of Wessex...I heard a concerning story today that Sophie fell off a horse yesterday and cracked a rib. She's reportedly in a lot of pain, but determined not to miss the wedding.

sophieedwardcwwed.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one of my favorites of the evening: the necklace of Princess Mathilde of Belgium. She looks great, but Prince Phillipe is looking old (maybe all that stress with his wayward younger brother Laurent is taking a toll).

princessmatildecwwed.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Tatiana of Greece...small diamond necklace, but the pink flower with the navy blue dress seems a little out of place to me.

princesstatianacwwed.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Navy blue seemed to be the color of the evening, as it was also worn by the Duchess of Cornwall with a pearl choker and pearl bracelet. I was a little disappointed that everyone else was wear full length formals, while Camilla wore knee length.

camillacwwedjpg.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Michael of Kent curtsying to King Constatine of Greece. Her hair is quite grand and she's in a huge ball gown (it's Princess Michael...would we expect anything less???). Her sister-in-law, the Duchess of Kent, will be returning to the royal fold for the wedding. She's been largely out of the public eye for over a decade and has been living separately from the Duke of Kent.

princessmichealcwwed.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for getting the celebration of the royal wedding off to a great start, Bobby! I really enjoyed all the photos (and I mean all of them...I trolled through everything on all the links you posted, believe me!).

I couldn't help but notice that we both belong to another forum as well as to Pricescope. This thread on Royal Jewels brings together the elements that run in the the two fora to which we both belong: one is about jewels (Pricescope) and the other is about royalty! I have belonged to that forum for years, but today noticed that you were a member because you use the same nom de guerre that you use on Pricescope. (I chose something totally different over there.)

At any rate, I hope to catch some of the wedding on television tomorrow! Prince William of Wales and Catherine Middleton!!!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
So how many of you are watching the lead up to the Royal wedding? I'm internationally based, but there are at least 5 tv channels covering it.

So far lots of fabulous hats, but difficult to see the jewellery...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
just_looking!|1304066700|2907792 said:
So how many of you are watching the lead up to the Royal wedding? I'm internationally based, but there are at least 5 tv channels covering it.

So far lots of fabulous hats, but difficult to see the jewellery...

I'm currently watching the arrival of the Yorks and the rest of the royal family (the Duchess of Kent IS present and looks radiant). The bride's mother alsoo arrived and lookd abfab. No jewels (as far as I can see) fo her, though.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!! IT'S FINALLY THE DAY :appl:

I'm right here with you Bobby....The Queen is wearing bright yellow and pearls and a large brooch...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BTW, the groom has been created Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus. Get ready to see the Lover's Knot, guys...
Now lets see what jewels the Duchess of Cornwall is wearing.
I just saw that The Queen is wearing Queen Mary's Lover's Know brooch on a nice yellow suit. HM's traditional earrings and necklace are also worn

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall entering the abbey...she's wearing a single strand pearl necklace.

I can't help but wish Diana were there...

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
New titles for William: Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathern, Barron Carrickfergus. So in a little over an hour Catherine will be the Duchess of Cambridge

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It's very, very hard to see but isn't Catherine wearing the Scroll tiara of the Queen Elizabeth? Hair hailf-up half down... Lace sleeves and bodice. Looks nice so far :)
ETA - it Is the scroll tiara and diamond pendant earrings (which I can not recognise)

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
First shot of the wedding dress!!! It has long lace sleeves, v-shaped neckline, her hair is down...and YES THERE IS A TIARA!!!!! It's not very high...maybe the Scroll tiara??

Ha ha Bobby...we're posting at the same time!! :))

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Bridesmaids have arrived...white, with full skirts with champagne colored sashes. Pippa is wearing a very close fitting dress, also in white.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
BBC just reported it is the "Halo" tiara...

The dress is gorgeous...designer is Sarah Burton

Earrings...tear dropped shaped, diamond, with a smaller diamond dangling in the middle

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
You know, if they hadn't put the trees in the Abbey there would have been room for my seat....

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the dress, she looks amazing!!!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
William has not turned around to look at Catherine yet...Harry just did and gave a big grin and whispered something to William...

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Aww...they panned back as she arrived at the altar...but William is still grinning at Catherine and he just gave a nod to Michael Middleton..

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And she just turned her veil back! This is unusual...all other royal brides I can think of wore their veils over their faces during the ceremony.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1304072009|2907816 said:
And she just turned her veil back! This is unusual...all other royal brides I can think of wore their veils over their faces during the ceremony.

She wanted to give us a nice view of the tiara ;-)

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Bad case of hat hair on the Archbishop of Canterbury...

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm - yellow gold band for Kate, but none for William as rumoured......

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
It's official! And I admit I'm tearing up!

Her veil is quite short...it doesn't cover the length of the train. That will be easier to manage later in the day. I love the lace edging on the veil. I think the dress is very Grace Kelly-ish...that is a style you can't really go wrong with.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Okey dokey everyone, I have to sign off for now and get ready for school...I can't wait to read what everyone else thinks later today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results