shape
carat
color
clarity

"RINGS IN WAITING" thread: help us cope...please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
laurel25, is your ring coming soon? i''m sure i''m one of many waiting for handshots
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
*sigh* Need chocolate. Adwar didn''t send the new cast quickly. Now my ring will not get here by thanksgiving. Sad, frustrated gecko.

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2008 12:48:57 PM
Author: geckodani
*sigh* Need chocolate. Adwar didn''t send the new cast quickly. Now my ring will not get here by thanksgiving. Sad, frustrated gecko.

Awww that sucks. Here are some chocolate shoes for you. (Chocolate AND shoes--two of my favorite things)

chocolate_gift_shoes.jpg

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Gecko, I am so sorry. Hope misspinky''s chocolate shoes helped a bit!

LS

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 9:19:55 AM
Author: dancingflame
Yay! To alleviate the waiting process on my e-ring, I've been very, very naughty. Let's say I had to order more gem jars to hold my new pretties.

31.gif
And the pics are...where......?????????
31.gif

no chocolate for you!

LS

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Pics coming soon...
28.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock

sorry to hear gecko. i hope you get your ring soon. in the meantime, misspinky''s chocolate shoes seem like a wonderful distraction.
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I know it''s not WFs fault, but at the same time, they discovered a problem with the first one JUST BEFORE IT SHIPPED.
And then they changed the shipping date again.... Sorry, just frustrated. I really wanted to have it for Thursday. Ah well, I''ll live, and it will be beautiful.

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Chin up gecko, it''ll be well worth the wait!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 8:35:31 PM
Author: dancingflame
Chin up gecko, it''ll be well worth the wait!!!
Ditto! But I wasn''t so patient either
11.gif
I know it''s hard to wait!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s Done! It''s gorgeous! I love it! Thread in SMTR!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 12:50:30 PM
It''s Done! It''s gorgeous! I love it! Thread in SMTR!
Gecko: it''s gorgeous. I hope the wait was worth it! Looks like it to me!

LS

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 10:25:54 PM
Author: ficklefaye
laurel25, is your ring coming soon? i''m sure i''m one of many waiting for handshots
3.gif
I do have it and I *love* - all my worrying in my thread because of the funky pictures from Pearlman''s was for naught! I have some pictures, but need to download them so that I can get them posted. Vacation with the family was anything but relaxing and I didn''t have a single spare second to get any photos posted! They will be coming soon!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
LS - totally worth it.

Laurel - YAY! Can''t wait to see it!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what happened to this thread, but I want to revive it, especially since it looks like there are lots of colored gem projects going on!

I''ll start with the fact that even though I have a lot of things to do/set (i.e. reset alexandrite into ring for mom''s friend, reset opal ring for me, set Mom''s amethyst into LOGR, find pearls and set THEM into LOGR, set my blue-green tourmaline, my pink tourmaline and my morganite...) and this is all going to cost money, I STILL want to buy either this or this as well as this.

What I should be doing is going to bed! I have a post-op LASIK appt. at 10 and it''s currently 3:30. Oy...

So ladies, what projects are you working on lately?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
BEG... I love those EC stones! I've also been drooling over them. I don't have any EC cut stones in my small collection yet.

Good luck on you post-op appt. My dear friend had this procedure done a couple of years ago and he's doing great. He doesn't wear glasses any more.

Right now, I have a LOGR round halo ring at the jewellers that should be done in a couple of weeks. I had a poll here on regarding what stone to put into it and the pink spinel from Dan won. But when I went to my jeweller, he showed me a fushia collored tourmaline that was so pretty, I went with that one. I think the pink spinel will be sent to an ETSY seller to be placed in an bezel/stack ring setting along with a few other gemstones.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh, my first RIW post! I am so nervous/excited - I have Gene from Precision cutting a cushion rhodolite for me at the moment.
Once its finished, I will be working with Sally from Heart of Water jewels (etsy) on a bezel/floral 18K yellow gold setting.

Can''t wait to have my first coloured gem ring!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Sally has such beautiful jewelry! It''s so dainty and pretty. I can''t wait for you to post the pictures!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I am going to join this thread too! I am just waiting to get my sapphire from Barry set. I tried to do it at a local jeweler along with my mom''s Christmas pendant. They did my mom''s pendant first, and the setting job was absolutely heinous. This was 2 days before Christmas, too. Awesome. I got SO lucky though- found a good jeweler back home who set my mom''s sapphire ON Christmas eve, and did a beautiful job. So I am waiting until we make our next journey home in about a month to have them do my sapphire too. I am dying to get it set, so I can look at it all of the time
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think we should start a thread on "stones in waiting." I have so many loose gems, and no settings for them. Thanks to LaurenThePartier, and getting everyone hooked on LOGR's, I've finally found affordable settings for many of my stones. However, he doesn't have the right size head for all of my stones, and I don't want to pay the customization fee since it didn't look quite right when he customized another head. Ah well, one of these days!

BTW, I also have two "settings in waiting" because I haven't found the right stones for them yet.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I am joining this thread with a...diamond ring project(I know-gasp!) But it has put several of my gemstone projects on hold for awhile!!!

Waiting is tough, I''ve been told a couple more weeks before my 2.27ct N colored newly cut ''antique'' cushion is set. During this waiting period I always begin to question my design choices a little, hoping that the finished project turns out better than what I''ve imagined and Hoping I didn''t make any bad choices. Time will tell I guess :)

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
While waiting to get my sapphire e-ring designed/done (will probably look like Harriet's red spinel by Leon below), I'm trying to get Jeff to source a sapphire to replace a darker, inky sapphire for another ring, but have now decided to leave that ring alone. Now, the page is blank and I can go so many different ways with a JW sapphire for this project. Oh boy!

LeonInspiration.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 7:30:28 AM
Author: arjunajane
Ooohh, my first RIW post! I am so nervous/excited - I have Gene from Precision cutting a cushion rhodolite for me at the moment.

Once its finished, I will be working with Sally from Heart of Water jewels (etsy) on a bezel/floral 18K yellow gold setting.

Can''t wait to have my first coloured gem ring!
36.gif

Ooh that''s exciting Arjuna! When do you get the garnet?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 6:34:18 AM
Author: mochi
BEG... I love those EC stones! I''ve also been drooling over them. I don''t have any EC cut stones in my small collection yet.

Good luck on you post-op appt. My dear friend had this procedure done a couple of years ago and he''s doing great. He doesn''t wear glasses any more.

Right now, I have a LOGR round halo ring at the jewellers that should be done in a couple of weeks. I had a poll here on regarding what stone to put into it and the pink spinel from Dan won. But when I went to my jeweller, he showed me a fushia collored tourmaline that was so pretty, I went with that one. I think the pink spinel will be sent to an ETSY seller to be placed in an bezel/stack ring setting along with a few other gemstones.

I actually can''t decide between one of those ECs (maybe the chrome tourmaline), and a blue-lavendar round spinel by Barry. I was totally inspired by Freke''s e-ring and asked Barry if he had a similar stone - he does, and they''re around the same price (that and the chrome) but I can''t decide! On one hand, I have a blue stone (my sapphire), but not a spinel...on the other hand, I have a green tourmaline...but no emerald cuts. What should I do??

And thanks! My post-op went well - seems like my eyes are healing fine! I''m so glad I had the operation!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 9:58:44 AM
Author: icekid
I am going to join this thread too! I am just waiting to get my sapphire from Barry set. I tried to do it at a local jeweler along with my mom''s Christmas pendant. They did my mom''s pendant first, and the setting job was absolutely heinous. This was 2 days before Christmas, too. Awesome. I got SO lucky though- found a good jeweler back home who set my mom''s sapphire ON Christmas eve, and did a beautiful job. So I am waiting until we make our next journey home in about a month to have them do my sapphire too. I am dying to get it set, so I can look at it all of the time
30.gif

Aw sorry to hear about the pendant setting. What was wrong with it? And glad it worked out in the end! Which sapphire is this? Is it the one from his latest inventory?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 10:59:28 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I actually think we should start a thread on ''stones in waiting.'' I have so many loose gems, and no settings for them. Thanks to LaurenThePartier, and getting everyone hooked on LOGR''s, I''ve finally found affordable settings for many of my stones. However, he doesn''t have the right size head for all of my stones, and I don''t want to pay the customization fee since it didn''t look quite right when he customized another head. Ah well, one of these days!

BTW, I also have two ''settings in waiting'' because I haven''t found the right stones for them yet.

Same here - and I keep buying more, when I really need to be setting some of them. I wish LOGR hadn''t raised their prices so much though - I looked through ian.bo44 and jewe2004''s stores, but neither have the Legacy-type setting.
14.gif

Which setting did you have him customize? For a bigger stone? What didn''t look right? I''m wondering since I''m planning on getting that 7x7 cushion, but asking him to customize it to fit my 10mm amethyst

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 11:02:13 AM
Author: stepcutnut
I am joining this thread with a...diamond ring project(I know-gasp!) But it has put several of my gemstone projects on hold for awhile!!!

Waiting is tough, I''ve been told a couple more weeks before my 2.27ct N colored newly cut ''antique'' cushion is set. During this waiting period I always begin to question my design choices a little, hoping that the finished project turns out better than what I''ve imagined and Hoping I didn''t make any bad choices. Time will tell I guess :)

Hey, N colored is warm enough to be considered a colored stone right?
2.gif
(or if not, at least an honorary colored stone?
3.gif
)

What kind of setting are you putting the cushion in? Is it a custom job?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 6:19:40 PM
Author: brendaman
While waiting to get my sapphire e-ring designed/done (will probably look like Harriet''s red spinel by Leon below), I''m trying to get Jeff to source a sapphire to replace a darker, inky sapphire for another ring, but have now decided to leave that ring alone. Now, the page is blank and I can go so many different ways with a JW sapphire for this project. Oh boy!

Oh I love that ring - your ering is going to be gorgeous!

And lots of setting choices for a beautiful stone is always a good thing!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
And finally, updates:

1) Dropped off my opal ring at the jewelers. They''re going to get me a quote on a simple white gold bezel ring setting - opal to be set N-S, and the band to be thinner (2.5-3 mm). I should have the quote on Wed. and I can decide if that''s in my budget for now.

2) Looked at some settings - I found a stunning Simon G trellis setting that I''d love to put a blue spinel (one I might buy from Barry) in. I have to decide if I''m going to go with the spinel, which is a color change 2.41 ct. round, kind of like Freke''s, or with one of the green emerald cut tourmalines or the emerald cut topaz I posted earlier). What should I buy?

3) Asked my jeweler about my mom''s friend''s alexandrite - they think it might be lab-created because of the color. I''m going to order the setting for it tonight though (same setting from jewe2004 that my green tourmaline is in) now that I know how big it is.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
SO NICE TO SEE THIS THREAD ACTIVE AGAIN!

Sorry I haven''t been up to ''minding the thread''. My *brain* has been a bit occupied elsewhere, KWIM?
2.gif

I''m sure now that B.E.G. has so many projects coming up, and with arjunajane, stepcutnut, mochi, icekid and brendaman awaiting new projects things should be well in hand.

OF COURSE tourmalinelover, it includes rings AND gemstones. When I started it I hit "send" too fast so it''s eternally memorialized as a "rings in waiting" thread...but what I meant was, basically, anything and any kind of jewellery/stone project.

Here''s hoping this thread eases your anxiety while waiting, and waiting, and waiting. The fundamental placating elements are (in no particular order): chocolate, ice cream, gin, pie, cake. When all else fails we offer rug hooking as a last resort. Field Trips to Jeff White''s place are always de rigueur. We load up the cooler with Gin and Chocolate and off we go.

Signing out for now.....have fun!

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results