shape
carat
color
clarity

"RINGS IN WAITING" thread: help us cope...please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 9:30:33 AM
Author: mochi
That''s a good idea about alternating the color of the gold. Here is a picture of a ring that I did post on the blog yesterday. I love plumeria!!
Yep, I am totally into everything two tone lately. She charges a lil more for WG, but I''m hoping to have some in there with my ring from Sally too.
That ring is very cute!

Sally has been posting tons of new stuff lately - I am soo tempted by that ruby 12 prong ring, did you see it? Ruby is my birthstone, but I''ve never really been a fan. That one looks gorgeous to me.
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 7:17:47 AM
Author: cellentani
I''ve got 2 rings I''m waiting on: my new wedding ring (which I''ve posted about before, but pic below anyway of the diamond sitting in the setting), and an inexpensive ebay setting. The wedding ring should be done in 1-2 more weeks, but it seems like it''s been a month already. I''m not sure how long the ebay setting will take, because I won the auction for a yellow gold ring, but asked them to make it in white gold (cost me $15 extra). I had trouble grabbing the pic, so here''s the url: http://images.tupianguanjia.com/bin/4577/456%20%284%29.JPG

I CAN''T WAIT!!!

Since I posted this a few days ago, I thought I''d mention that I did received my eBay ring. Since I already posted about it in SMTR, I won''t go into detail here, but if you''re interested in pics, here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ebay-setting-arrived-today-review-and-pics.104838/

If you don''t want to follow the link, then the short review is: thumbs down.
7.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a good idea about alternating the color of the gold. Here is a picture of a ring that I did post on the blog yesterday. I love plumeria!!
Ooh. Btw, who''s Sally?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 10:14:16 PM
Author: Harriet

That's a good idea about alternating the color of the gold. Here is a picture of a ring that I did post on the blog yesterday. I love plumeria!!
Ooh. Btw, who's Sally?
Hi Harriet, Sally is one of the talented designers that was discovered through etsy - store name Heart of Water Jewels.
She has her own site too http://www.namchaijewels.com/main.html
(and an ebay store.)

Her operation is based in northern thailand.
I will be having her make a ring for my new umbalite garnet. She is a really helpful and lovely person!

vanessa_b

Rough_Rock
I am eagerly awaiting a moonstone lotus ring from Sally! I am so excited! It should be done any day now.
36.gif

I just noticed that she has a matching moonstone lotus pendant available. I think I *must* have it!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 10:18:45 PM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 1/16/2009 10:14:16 PM

Ooh. Btw, who''s Sally?
Hi Harriet, Sally is one of the talented designers that was discovered through etsy - store name Heart of Water Jewels.
She has her own site too http://www.namchaijewels.com/main.html
(and an ebay store.)

Her operation is based in northern thailand.
I will be having her make a ring for my new umbalite garnet. She is a really helpful and lovely person!
Thanks!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome harriet.

vanessa_b Can''t wait to see your lotus ring!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow Mochi, that pink tourm is delicious! Rose gold? What about an engraved band?

Update: I think I''m going to have Maddy from Etsy make the setting for my opal - I really like the setting she has for that blue topaz and I think I''d like something like that (but in white gold and with a thinner shank) for my opal reset. I''m a little torn on whether I want the rose gold around the stone, or if I should keep it all white gold - I like the look of the rose gold, but the opal is pretty cool in tone, so I''m not sure. What do you think?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 10:22:28 PM
Author: vanessa_b
I am eagerly awaiting a moonstone lotus ring from Sally! I am so excited! It should be done any day now.
36.gif

I just noticed that she has a matching moonstone lotus pendant available. I think I *must* have it!

Can''t wait to see it! I just looked through Sally''s stuff - very very pretty jewelry!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:21:09 PM
Date: 1/12/2009 7:17:47 AM

I''ve got 2 rings I''m waiting on: my new wedding ring (which I''ve posted about before, but pic below anyway of the diamond sitting in the setting), and an inexpensive ebay setting. The wedding ring should be done in 1-2 more weeks, but it seems like it''s been a month already. I''m not sure how long the ebay setting will take, because I won the auction for a yellow gold ring, but asked them to make it in white gold (cost me $15 extra). I had trouble grabbing the pic, so here''s the url: http://images.tupianguanjia.com/bin/4577/456%20%284%29.JPG

I CAN''T WAIT!!!

Since I posted this a few days ago, I thought I''d mention that I did received my eBay ring. Since I already posted about it in SMTR, I won''t go into detail here, but if you''re interested in pics, here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ebay-setting-arrived-today-review-and-pics.104838/

If you don''t want to follow the link, then the short review is: thumbs down.
7.gif

Aw sorry Cellentani. I saw your thread earlier but didn''t have a chance to post. The setting is pretty, but I''m sad that it''s not the quality you were expecting or wanted
7.gif

Who was the seller again? Was it LOGR?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Harriet...

How do you know Japanese??? That was so unexpected. It''s too funny!

Here is a bento for you!

xxbento2.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I did get the setting sketch for the peach tourmaline. It''s not allowing me to copy it so that I can post!!

I did get a sticker shock, though. I knew that it wouldn''t be cheap but gee... 1300-1500???!???
23.gif
Do you all think that''s a bit much?? I''m not sure if I want to spend that much.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 10:11:08 AM
I did get the setting sketch for the peach tourmaline. It''s not allowing me to copy it so that I can post!!

I did get a sticker shock, though. I knew that it wouldn''t be cheap but gee... 1300-1500???!???
23.gif
Do you all think that''s a bit much?? I''m not sure if I want to spend that much.
Hi mochi, I don''t want to comment on the price without knowing more about the design..does it have diamonds?
But this sounds like what happened to me when I asked for a quote from another designer - I simply cannot bring myself to spend $1500 on a plain gold setting
(which is another reason why I like sally, lol) !

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I wish I can copy and paste from their site but it just won''t allow me to do so.

There are no other side stones involved. Just pink gold. Sculptures flower around the stone. Its really pretty. But I just can''t immagine paying that much for it. I would rather spend that much to set my aqua.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 9:53:29 AM
Harriet...

How do you know Japanese??? That was so unexpected. It''s too funny!

Here is a bento for you!
Sorry, but I don''t know Japanese. I just pick up words here and there. I eat Japanese food all the time though --mmm, haven''t had katsu for a while. Arigato for the bento.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 12:21:07 PM
I wish I can copy and paste from their site but it just won''t allow me to do so.

There are no other side stones involved. Just pink gold. Sculptures flower around the stone. Its really pretty. But I just can''t immagine paying that much for it. I would rather spend that much to set my aqua.
I don''t know what your budget is like, but honestly I don''t think I''d do it. They definately do lovely work, but personally I think it would feel strange having a stone worth a couple hundred or so in a a $1500 setting..esp. if you''re more keen to set your aqua.

She doesn''t do rose gold unfortunately, otherwise I would encourage you to use sally..

Hrmm..any other ideas?

Harriet - I love chicken katsu. There used to be a place that did the best one 2mins from my work, but they closed down
7.gif
I haven''t been able to find anything close since!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
AJ: That''s what I''m thinking also. I just can''t seem to justify spending that much on this particular stone. Just have to pack it up for now.

Katsu is pretty easy to make, delish!! I love the pork katsu with the special sauce!! YUM!

xxtonkatsu.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 11:55:03 PM
AJ: That's what I'm thinking also. I just can't seem to justify spending that much on this particular stone. Just have to pack it up for now.

Katsu is pretty easy to make, delish!! I love the pork katsu with the special sauce!! YUM!
Ha ha mochi, you're driving me crazy with all this great food! I haven't had pork katsu, will have to try some time.
There is a place in the city where I go waaayy too often for my lunch - they cook various Asian cuisines, and they do a $6.90 lunch special (about $4.50US), for which you get a container large enough for two people (or both lunch and dinner for me
2.gif
).
I am addicted to their chicken lemongrass, with rice and veggies. Yum!
Everything they do is sooo nice, and I love how cheap it is
9.gif

oy yoi yoi, I need to learn to cook more!

Are you going to se your aqua instead? I'm sorry this one didn't work, I really liked your idea.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 4:57:10 PM
Off-topic, but here''s where I go for katsu: www.katsuhama.com
Ha ha, this whole discussion has moved off topic me thinks.
We look like food-crazed jewellery nuts...ok, maybe I should just speak me for myself
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
12.gif
Speak for yourself.
P.S. I could use a Balmain Bug.

vanessa_b

Rough_Rock
I just heard that my lotus ring from Sally is done.
36.gif
Here is a picture. I will post a handshot when it arrives.

vanessasring2-3.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2009 11:09:15 AM
Author: vanessa_b
I just heard that my lotus ring from Sally is done.
36.gif
Here is a picture. I will post a handshot when it arrives.

Gorgeous!!! Hope you get it soon - I want to see those handshots!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Bad idea to come onto this thread before dinner - I''m DYING for katsu now.... so hungry!

the best katsu place I went to was this little underground place around the corner from the office in Tokyo this past summer - went with some co-workers, and the katsu was amaaazing. Drool....

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I will be sending my chrysoberyl to WF for a ring setting soon!! Spoke with Bob and he''s such a sweetie... This will be my first custom setting project.
36.gif
36.gif

So, while we wait, some dim sum for all of you!

xxdimsum1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you order the WF setting and have your own jeweler set the stone? I hate sending things through mail as I lost a stone recently and had to file a claim. Most of the time it's safe, but you never know. Fortunatley, it was insured, but you have to wait a practically a millenia for the US Post office to reimburse you.

Speaking of Asian food, I had Korean food for lunch today - yum yum.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 10:11:08 AM
I did get the setting sketch for the peach tourmaline. It's not allowing me to copy it so that I can post!!

I did get a sticker shock, though. I knew that it wouldn't be cheap but gee... 1300-1500???!???
23.gif
Do you all think that's a bit much?? I'm not sure if I want to spend that much.

I do think it's a bit much. I'm going through the same thing with JM and my aqua. The aqua was not very much, but the setting is going to be pretty pricey, because we're thinking 22k gold. I'm going to think about it. And NOW, I want to reset these 3 transitional cuts--I think that will come before the aqua. Priorities!

That pendant is very pretty Mochi!

TL--Oh and Korean food--yummo! We eat it daily. I eat kimchi with most meals--force of habit.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 10:14:17 AM
I will be sending my chrysoberyl to WF for a ring setting soon!! Spoke with Bob and he''s such a sweetie... This will be my first custom setting project.
36.gif
36.gif

Fantastic! I love your chrysoberyl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results