shape
carat
color
clarity

"RINGS IN WAITING" thread: help us cope...please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh Mochi, thanks for that supermarket link! I''m totally going to order some!

Cellentani, I usually found that the best bet for plain mochi is at Japanese supermarkets rather than Korean ones- there was this one Japanese store in Hawaii called Shirokiya, and they had the best plain pink mochi. Drool...

But if you can''t find anything at the Korean stores, you can try looking at kgrocer.com - that''s where I order my Korean groceries from. The shipping is PITA expensive though but I don''t have a car, so it''s basically impossible for me to get to a Korean store
7.gif

Oh and Mochi, the obento - too cute!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh hey Mochi! What''s that new stone in your avatar??

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Hehe.... That''s a new Chrysoberyl that I ordered from Gene today. He''ll be mailing it out tomorrow.
31.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:39:12 PM
Author: mochi
Hehe.... That''s a new Chrysoberyl that I ordered from Gene today. He''ll be mailing it out tomorrow.
31.gif

Sweet! That color''s incredibly vivid - love it!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
When my girls were little, I use to make obento for them to take to school. They loved it until they realized that it was different from what others were taking. So I had to make sandwiches! LOL... Now my youngest (21y/o) still talks about how she wishes we lived near by so I can make obento lunches for her.

Here is a closer look of the chrysoberyl. I have never heard of this stone before so I can''t wait to see it in person.

xxchrysoberyl.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2009 11:50:27 PM
Here is a closer look of the chrysoberyl. I have never heard of this stone before so I can't wait to see it in person.
Wow Mochi,
Very beautiful stone, and it has a hardness of 8.5 (third on the Mohs scale), so that will make for a perfect ring stone. It's so hard to find nice yellow sapphires that are untreated, so you got yourself a real find there since crysoberyls are already untreated, and very durable like sapphires. I really like the green modifer as well.

Crysoberyl is the mineral group that Alexandrite belongs to. This is just a straight yellow crysoberyl though. Please start a new thread on this stone (it deserves to have it's own thread), and please post lots of pictures when you get it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 8:51:49 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Arjuna, I LOVE sushi - I''ll make the hour trek up to the BEST sushi place in Chicago just for that sushi...Senior year of college, there was this amazing, dirt-cheap but so good sushi place a block from my apartment, and I seriously ate there 3 times a week for a year. Hey, it''s healthy! A great diet!
5.gif

Cellentani, I really like that setting! What are you putting in it, or are you still looking for a stone?

Mochi, I was thinking of you actually as I posted that pic! I was actually looking up mochi recipes - i asked my mom to send me some Mochiko flour so I can try making it. I''m obsessed (lol that your dog is named Mochi!). I know what red bean/shaved ice concoction you mean - it''s an incredibly popular Korean dessert (Cellentani I''m Korean as well!) and so yummy, especially in the summer. When I was in Tokyo, I went to this dessert place that had a green tea version - red bean, mochi, green tea ice cream, shaved ice...wow.

Geckodani, aw too bad about the jewelry project hold - I hope moving goes well though! And new furniture is always fun
1.gif

Stepcutnut, omg I can''t wait to see it - rose gold double claws?? It''s going to be amazing. Who''s doing the setting? When do you get it?
Hi again!
Ooohh, me too with the sushi. I work in the city, and there''s a tonne of really good and cheap sushi places. I go there at least a couple times a week for lunch.
I also love teriyaki Fish, one of my faves.
I also really like the korean bbq.

Mochi, I love the Obento! I would''ve been sooo jealous if someone at my school had that!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, TL, for the info on the chrysoberyl. I''m pretty excited about it. This is the first stone I have purchased from Gene. I will start a thread when I get it, should be end of this week or beginning of next. Oh, and take bunches of pictures.

Arjunajane: I love, love, love sushi! But now that I live in a small town, there just isn''t any place decent to go to get good ones. Gosh, when I lived in Phoenix we use to go for all you can eat for $20... just made to order and anything on the menu. They hated to see us come! Sometimes I make obento for myself and take it to work with me. My co-workers are always so curious about it! LOL.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 12:58:00 AM

Arjunajane: I love, love, love sushi! But now that I live in a small town, there just isn''t any place decent to go to get good ones. Gosh, when I lived in Phoenix we use to go for all you can eat for $20... just made to order and anything on the menu. They hated to see us come! Sometimes I make obento for myself and take it to work with me. My co-workers are always so curious about it! LOL.
Oh no, I don''t think I could live somewhere without decent sushi, lol!
The obento is adorable, I''d be curious too if I were your co-worker
5.gif

Do you mind if I ask what is your background/nationality, as in how you learnt to prepare them?
Do you ever make sushi at home? My mum makes a bunch every now and then for us, but its never quite as good as the real deal.
1.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 3:11:22 AM
Author: arjunajane

Oh no, I don''t think I could live somewhere without decent sushi, lol!
The obento is adorable, I''d be curious too if I were your co-worker
5.gif

Do you mind if I ask what is your background/nationality, as in how you learnt to prepare them?
Do you ever make sushi at home? My mum makes a bunch every now and then for us, but its never quite as good as the real deal.
1.gif
I know what you mean, I love sushi!! I''m a mixture of all sorts, part Okinawan (Japanese) and part American Indian (unfortunately, don''t know what tribe). So I was exposed to asian food all my life. I don''t make sushi at home, it more fun if someone else makes it!!
9.gif

There is a store that sells obento supplies. I have not ordered from them.

http://shop.iloveobento.com/collections/boxes

How to make bento:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Bento

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Mochi--Gorgeous!
30.gif

Well ladies, I''m in waiting, but not for a colored gem.

...oec...

31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ummm, Coati, I think we need more info....

Right nowww!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, you guys have to stop talking about sushi, because I always get too hungry reading your posts!!
emsmilep.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 9:50:56 AM

Date: 1/14/2009 3:11:22 AM
Author: arjunajane

Oh no, I don't think I could live somewhere without decent sushi, lol!
The obento is adorable, I'd be curious too if I were your co-worker
5.gif

1.gif
I know what you mean, I love sushi!! I'm a mixture of all sorts, part Okinawan (Japanese) and part American Indian (unfortunately, don't know what tribe). So I was exposed to asian food all my life. I don't make sushi at home, it more fun if someone else makes it!!
9.gif

There is a store that sells obento supplies. I have not ordered from them.

http://shop.iloveobento.com/collections/boxes

How to make bento:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Bento
Thanks for the links Mochi, so much fun!
And what an interesting background you have.

Coati, stop teeeaasing!
slap4.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It has arrived!! I''ll start a smtr thread...

No more teasy--AJ come get me!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 4:17:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Okay, you guys have to stop talking about sushi, because I always get too hungry reading your posts!!
emsmilep.gif

How about Thai food? Drunken noodles and Thai iced coffee??
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Mochi, how are you setting that stone?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh Coati, that's so so pretty!

EDIT: meant to quote you, but you know what I'm referring to!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/14/2009 9:30:05 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 1/14/2009 4:17:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
emsmilep.gif

How about Thai food? Drunken noodles and Thai iced coffee??
1.gif
I''m not that big into Thai food, too much curry, and I''m not a lover of curry, but I like Thai iced coffee (sooooo rich).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2009 8:44:14 PM
Author: coatimundi
It has arrived!! I''ll start a smtr thread...

No more teasy--AJ come get me!
I love it!
daydreaming.gif
sooo jealous..
nottalking.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My spess is with Leon. Again. This time, it''s final. He''ll kill me if I tweak the design once more.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:06:35 AM
Here''s a obento for all of you!!
Mochi,
Kawaii!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 2:22:48 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 1/13/2009 10:06:35 AM
Here''s a obento for all of you!!
Mochi,
Kawaii!
LOL!! Domo adigato!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Coati!

BEG, I have no idea what I''m going to do with that stone. It''s going to have to get in line.

Right now I''m waiting for my LOGR round halo to get done. And also working with Green Lake Jewelry to design a setting for my peach tourmaline.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2009 11:10:25 PM
Thank you Coati!

BEG, I have no idea what I''m going to do with that stone. It''s going to have to get in line.

Right now I''m waiting for my LOGR round halo to get done. And also working with Green Lake Jewelry to design a setting for my peach tourmaline.
Mochi, do you have any idea what direction you are going with GL? As in, vintage, modern, colour of gold etc?
Just out of curiosity.
1.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
AJ, it''s more a organic/natural. I think the peach tourmaline looks like a like a little flower, so I''m thinking having small sculptured flowers around it like a halo in pink/red gold. But I''m open to suggestions. It''s going to be a bit difficult trying to choose the right metal because of the color of the tourmaline. White gold diffinitely does make the stone look washed out.

xxpeachtourm.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 8:22:23 AM
AJ, it's more a organic/natural. I think the peach tourmaline looks like a like a little flower, so I'm thinking having small sculptured flowers around it like a halo in pink/red gold. But I'm open to suggestions. It's going to be a bit difficult trying to choose the right metal because of the color of the tourmaline. White gold diffinitely does make the stone look washed out.
Oh Mochi that sounds gorgeous! So feminine and pretty, I love that stone.
I'm sure GL will do a great job, I saw some really nice floral motifs on their site.

I am completely into the organic feel for my umbalite piece too. I would love to exchange notes as we go along, if you discover anything exciting!

Here is a pic of some lovely engraved flowers from Sally. It has two lotus blossoms.
I will keep my eye out, as I'm after similiar for my inspiration.

How about having the flowers in alternating pink and white gold? I think that would really complement your stone.

lotus medallion.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That''s a good idea about alternating the color of the gold. Here is a picture of a ring that I did post on the blog yesterday. I love plumeria!!

xxflower1.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love the work Sally does. That pendant is gorgeous. I have been drooling over her lotus ring and a neckace that she has posted at Etsy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results