shape
carat
color
clarity

"RINGS IN WAITING" thread: help us cope...please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, so I know it''s not a coloured stone, but since I''ve been absent as of late, thought I''d share the project I''m working on for my round LOGR halo setting.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1848233.htm#

11.gif

It should be done by Feb 5th!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:05:19 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
OK, so I know it's not a coloured stone, but since I've been absent as of late, thought I'd share the project I'm working on for my round LOGR halo setting.

11.gif

I'm jealous - you have some awesome projects going on all the time! That's gorgeous - are you going to bezel it or prong-set it in the LOGR?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 5:33:00 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 1/26/2009 10:14:17 AM

Author: mochi

I will be sending my chrysoberyl to WF for a ring setting soon!! Spoke with Bob and he''s such a sweetie... This will be my first custom setting project.
36.gif
36.gif

Fantastic! I love your chrysoberyl!

Yay Mochi!!! Did I miss how you were planning on setting it? What''s it going to look like? So excited for you!

And who was talking about Korean food? I love Korean food - YUM

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:55:43 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

OK, so I know it''s not a coloured stone, but since I''ve been absent as of late, thought I''d share the project I''m working on for my round LOGR halo setting.

11.gif

I''m jealous - you have some awesome projects going on all the time! That''s gorgeous - are you going to bezel it or prong-set it in the LOGR?
It''s a bezel setting.

And likewise, BEG, my dear! You have a gorgeous collection growing!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:58:59 PM

Me!
18.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 2:15:19 PM

Me!

18.gif

What''s your favorite Korean food Coati?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 8:59:29 PM
Date: 1/26/2009 6:55:43 PM

OK, so I know it's not a coloured stone, but since I've been absent as of late, thought I'd share the project I'm working on for my round LOGR halo setting.

11.gif

I'm jealous - you have some awesome projects going on all the time! That's gorgeous - are you going to bezel it or prong-set it in the LOGR?

It's a bezel setting.

And likewise, BEG, my dear! You have a gorgeous collection growing!

Thanks! Ooh I'm excited to see that ring! Is this the same LOGR as Mochi's rubellite ring setting?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 3:58:34 PM

Me!

18.gif

What's your favorite Korean food Coati?

Kimchi tchigae, Pa chon--pan fried green onion, kosari, spinach, oi paetturi, paechu kimchi, radish kimchi, ttokkuk--my favorite as a kid, mandu kuk, kalbi, pulgogi--dude, this list just goes on. I love so much of it. I was raised eating Korean food.

There IS one thing I cannot stand, though, and that is toenjang kuk!
14.gif

What's your favorite?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WF setting just happened this weekend. I sent an email to them and Bob called me on Sunday to speak to me about what I would like. He''s suppose to get back with me. I''m pretty much open to any suggestion, but more likely a bezel with milligran around the chrysoberyl. I was thinking of rose gold, but he said he will let me know what the jeweller thinks about that.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 4:13:14 PM
Date: 1/27/2009 3:58:34 PM

Me!

18.gif

What''s your favorite Korean food Coati?

Kimchi tchigae, Pa chon--pan fried green onion, kosari, spinach, oi paetturi, paechu kimchi, radish kimchi, ttokkuk--my favorite as a kid, mandu kuk, kalbi, pulgogi--dude, this list just goes on. I love so much of it. I was raised eating Korean food.

There IS one thing I cannot stand, though, and that is toenjang kuk!
14.gif

What''s your favorite?

My favorite is spicy rice cakes (I speak Korean but I''m terrible with phonetic spelling - sorry!). My mom makes it for me every time I come home. Also jap-chae (noodles), and dumplings, and oxtail soup, bibimbap, kimchee fried rice, ooh I lovce pa chon! and kalbi and bulgogi. You''re getting me hungry for Korean now - and I have Thai on the way!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 8:47:37 PM
WF setting just happened this weekend. I sent an email to them and Bob called me on Sunday to speak to me about what I would like. He''s suppose to get back with me. I''m pretty much open to any suggestion, but more likely a bezel with milligran around the chrysoberyl. I was thinking of rose gold, but he said he will let me know what the jeweller thinks about that.

Woohoo!
36.gif
Bezel with milgrain is going to be awesome with the chrysoberyl. I''m not sure about the rose gold ... I think it could go either way - but I''m sure it''ll be gorgeous no matter the color of the gold!

if not rose, would you do white or yellow?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Gee...I''m not sure. May be white gold? I don''t know if yellow gold would take away from the yellow/green stone. I''m so not sure of this.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2009 8:51:06 PM

My favorite is spicy rice cakes (I speak Korean but I'm terrible with phonetic spelling - sorry!). My mom makes it for me every time I come home. Also jap-chae (noodles), and dumplings, and oxtail soup, bibimbap, kimchee fried rice, ooh I lovce pa chon! and kalbi and bulgogi. You're getting me hungry for Korean now - and I have Thai on the way!
After reading this, I just got hunger pains. I like dolsot bimbimbap in the hot clay bowl with sizzling rice. The one restaurant I go to has squid dolsot bimbimbap. By the way, I'm not Asian, but all my Asian friends tell me I should have been. Ha!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 10:26:19 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 1/27/2009 8:51:06 PM

My favorite is spicy rice cakes (I speak Korean but I''m terrible with phonetic spelling - sorry!). My mom makes it for me every time I come home. Also jap-chae (noodles), and dumplings, and oxtail soup, bibimbap, kimchee fried rice, ooh I lovce pa chon! and kalbi and bulgogi. You''re getting me hungry for Korean now - and I have Thai on the way!

After reading this, I just got hunger pains. I like dolsot bimbimbap in the hot clay bowl with sizzling rice. The one restaurant I go to has squid dolsot bimbimbap. By the way, I''m not Asian, but all my Asian friends tell me I should have been. Ha!!

Oh I love bibimbap. Although I totally bastardize the good version at home...since I usually don''t have banchan (the roots and meat and such) I usually just steam rice, mix in sesame oil and red pepper paste and fry an egg and put it on top and eat it. I''m a bad Korean!
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 10:18:05 PM
Gee...I''m not sure. May be white gold? I don''t know if yellow gold would take away from the yellow/green stone. I''m so not sure of this.

Hmm...I don''t know...your stone seems very versatile to me! Like it could go with any of the three shades...although I think the color would pop a lot more with white gold!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love Vietnamese food. Especially Pho... with a touch of fish sauce and rooster hot sauce! YUMMY!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 10:43:00 PM
I love Vietnamese food. Especially Pho... with a touch of fish sauce and rooster hot sauce! YUMMY!

Ooh one of my favorites! So sad that I haven''t had it since I left Boston - anyone know of good Vietnamese/pho places in Chicago?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Okay so I have kind of a dilemma...

I was waiting patiently for my N colored chunky faceted cushion to be set and I received the ring last Thursday.

The issue is, is that it doesn''t speak to me...not even a whisper!

I love the the cushion and the sides, just not together. And the ring itself is very well built-impeccable work, nice and heavy setting---so that is a non-issue.

So, I am thinking about replacing the center stone with a big blue sapphire.

Any opinions??? Is this a bad choice?

Here''s the link to pics https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-k-l-m-colored-diamonds.100951/

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:43:45 PM
Author: stepcutnut

I was waiting patiently for my N colored chunky faceted cushion to be set and I received the ring last Thursday.

The issue is, is that it doesn't speak to me...not even a whisper!

I love the the cushion and the sides, just not together. And the ring itself is very well built-impeccable work, nice and heavy setting---so that is a non-issue.

Here's the link to pics https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-k-l-m-colored-diamonds.100951/

You know, I LOVE that setting! But I kind of agree - I think the side diamonds don't do your center justice. I can't tell if it's the design, but my instincts are that the colors are too similar and the side diamonds are kind of blending in, instead of accentuating the center diamond, if that makes sense at all. I think something darker might be a better choice, like the blue sapphire - that would be gorgeous!

What would you do with this diamond if you opted to replace the center stone?

EDIT: Would you consider a solitaire? How about a Leon/Boston Jeff-like setting in rose gold?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my trellis arrived today! I was afraid for a minute that it came in too small for my finger, but it fits perfect, and it looks great with the spinel! I''m going to drop it off tomorrow and hopefully it''ll be ready when I get back on Sunday (I''m going to my parents'' with BF so he can meet them and we leave on Wed.).

Plus, I got three colored sparklies!
2.gif
But I probably won''t have pics until Monday - they''re being shipped here this week and I won''t be around!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 4:43:45 PM

The issue is, is that it doesn't speak to me...not even a whisper!

Here's the link to pics https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-k-l-m-colored-diamonds.100951/

First, I think it's gorgeous! If it doesn't speak to you, then get the sapphire you want, and reset the cushion in rg per BEG's suggestion. Then, you get 2 rings!
31.gif
It's really lovely, though. Who made the setting?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
BEG-Thanks for your opinion, my issue with the ring is that the stones don''t make each other ''pop'', so either want to go all white and am looking for an old cut diamond that is between 8-9mm and is white(F-H), a new cut white chunky facet cushion or a big blue sapphire.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 7:08:20 PM
BEG-Thanks for your opinion, my issue with the ring is that the stones don't make each other 'pop', so either want to go all white and am looking for an old cut diamond that is between 8-9mm and is white(F-H), a new cut white chunky facet cushion or a big blue sapphire.

I think your instinct's right on that. Either go all white, or get something darker to get fantastic contrast between the sidestones and the center stone
1.gif

EDIT: And like Coati said, you get two rings!
27.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I am back now- BEG, please post pics of your sparklies and setting as soon as you get a chance :)

Coati- we were posting at the same time, the ring was made by diamondsbylauren-they did a fantastic job!!!

This ring is in remembrance of my grandparents-so I have to love it!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am so confused about it right now, was hoping to just love it rght away!

adrienneg

Shiny_Rock
Oh can I play? I am also waiting for my ring. It''s a solstice 6 prong solitaire in plat and a .833 carat ACA from WF. I was told that I will have pictures on Monday, 2/9 and the ring on Tuesday, 2/10. I''ve never felt so impatient before!

By the way, I love pho, but the place near my work doesn''t have good pho so I tried their Vermicelli with imperial rolls and pork yesterday, and ohhh it was to die for. I went to get another order today for lunch. :)
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results