shape
carat
color
clarity

Putting an I color stone in a Halo - color match issue?

Gadgetgod

Rough_Rock
I am likely getting a Whiteflash ACA that has an I color. My wife wants a halo setting. It sounds like most halos use G or H color stones. Will a ring of "whiter" stones amplify the warmer nature of the center stone? will the fact that the center stone is an ACA offset the color discrepancy?
here is the stone
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3702273.htm

thanks.
Matt

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Typically no problem, it'll look fine. No matter what the smaller melee will appear "brighter" since 58 facets are crammed into a tiny package but there will not be a color issue. I have an "L" asscher in an F-G halo and it's never been an issue. I also have "I" and "K" OEC studs in F-G halos and again, no issue.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a 2.43 ct J MRB in a halo with G/H stones... it was not a problem. :))

Gadgetgod

Rough_Rock
Thank you all!

Ugh, I am sorry I made the big newbie mistake... not using search!!!

It is crazy, I thought the hard part would be the diamond search, but it seems like the setting is stressing me out more. wax cast vs hand forged, color issues, quality of the build, etc. Too many companies, and factors at play since I know this will be a ring that gets daily (maybe 24 hour) wear and hopefully will be a lifetime ring.

thank you all for your help.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gadgetgod|1472048817|4069470 said:
Thank you all!

Ugh, I am sorry I made the big newbie mistake... not using search!!!

It is crazy, I thought the hard part would be the diamond search, but it seems like the setting is stressing me out more. wax cast vs hand forged, color issues, quality of the build, etc. Too many companies, and factors at play since I know this will be a ring that gets daily (maybe 24 hour) wear and hopefully will be a lifetime ring.

thank you all for your help.

Keeping it real here, settings are like cars. They take a lot of day daily wear and a beating and might NOT last a lifetime. Don't stress over it too much IMO. One day it may need to be replaced, it happens. I've worn my pave halo nearly daily for 10 years, I've never lost a stone but I've managed to crack the shank twice and over the years it is starting to thin out on the bottom. One day I'll most likely reset it and I (and my DH) are OK with it. We did get married with plain and pretty hefty gold wedding rings, those bad boys will likely never wear down. If you want to attach real sentimental value to something do it to a nice hefty band :)

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ditto

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results