shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Las Vegas GTG 2013....thoughts

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
YT|1370379123|3458975 said:
Is anyone else sick? I don't know if I have food poisoning or if I have the flu.

I've been throwing up and umm... other stuff nonstop and I've never felt this kind of stomach pain in my life. It feels like I'm either giving birth to an alien baby or someone is stabbing me over and over with a knife... Started Monday morning. Was totally fine the whole weekend.

I hope you feel better soon. It sort of sounds like food poisoning. I needed Cipro to fully recover from food poisoning; my stomach was raw until I had a taken a couple of days of the antibiotic. :knockout:

On a side note, you looked beautiful in the PS GTG photos! :wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ClassyRocks|1370394796|3459123 said:
Is anyone else sick? I don't know if I have food poisoning or if I have the flu.

I've been throwing up and umm... other stuff nonstop and I've never felt this kind of stomach pain in my life. It feels like I'm either giving birth to an alien baby or someone is stabbing me over and over with a knife... Started Monday morning. Was totally fine the whole weekend.

I hope you feel better soon. It sort of sounds like food poisoning. I needed Cipro to fully recover from food poisoning; my stomach was raw until I had a taken a couple of days of the antibiotic. :knockout:

Oh YT!! I'm so sorry that you've been sick! How awful! I hope that you feel better soon!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1370386674|3459038 said:
Yenny, it was lovely to meet you, your rings, and your cabs in jackets :bigsmile: I don't know how it's possible that your oval is somehow even more striking in-person than in photos - it's truly that one in a million!!! And I also don't know how it's possible that your SS settings are even more delicate and refined in-person...And I think the cabs in IDJ's scalloped jackets is one of the classiest and most elegant earrings looks I've ever seen...
:

Wow Yssie! Coming from you, that's quite a compliment! In truly flattered! My photos are never any good, so I definitely don't think I did either SS ring justice....

Pretty please email me a photo of your RDG!! I'm dying to see it!

D

Deactivated member 42515

yennyfire said:

Oh YT!! I'm so sorry that you've been sick! How awful! I hope that you feel better soon!

I think you guys all have some amazing super strong beer goggles on cuz I am far from beautiful! Haha!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all who shared on this thread :wavey: Having met a few of you IRL at our Chicago GTG and making wonderful friends, I can only imagine how fun it would have been to be in Vegas! I am planning for next year!

YT-So happy you won the AVC pendant! Please do a SMTB thread :)) I really, really want a pendant just like it!
Congrats to all of the prize winners!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here are a few bling pics I got.

_6834.jpg

_6835.jpg

_6836.jpg

_6837.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Wow Athena-Beautiful shots of those babies :love: :love: :love: All that came out of mouth looking at your pics was ooooohhhhhh!
Yummy :lickout:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1370385545|3459030 said:
Madelise, it was so nice to meet you.
I wish we had more time to talk, but I was 'working' taking pics all evening.
Maybe next year I'll leave the camera at home and just spend my time relaxing and getting to know people.
I'll certainly get there a day early to have more people time.

I fully understand your security concern and how it is at odds with wanting to join in the fun of sharing the camaraderie of the GTG with other members, especially those who could not join us.
Ironically I took the most pics, but don't want mine posted for your same security reasons.
Some are comfortable, some not, people vary and that's fine.

I hope there will be thorough discussion on photography before next years GTG, so a policy can be widely communicated to prevent any hurt feelings.
I plan to start a thread soon on all aspects of this sensitive and important subject.
If a consensus is reached that the discomfort caused by a candid photographer walking around outweighs the benefit of the results then lets just nix it and ban all cameras unless we hand model releases.
One woman told me not to photograph her because she is a model and she didn't know me and didn't trust what I'd do with the pics.
So I respected that and didn't photograph her.
Later in the evening she complained I didn't photograph her.
I just hope the sensitivity of one or two does not outweigh the enjoyment of the vast majority.
Surely a policy and a procedure can be arrived at that satisfies all.

Pics can do so much good, but also so much harm, in this Internet age.

If anyone does not like a pic of them that I have posted don't be shy, ask admin to delete it.
I did my best to make everyone look good, but have apparently failed in one case.

I spent all day Monday culling 356 pics down to about 45.
I deleted for bad focus, lighting, exposure, unflattering facial expressions, spinach in teeth, and people who don't want their pics posted.
Then on the winning 45 I spent hours, cropping, adjusting exposure, sharpness, and very minor retouching to make every person and pic as good as possible .... as good IMO, which is the only one I have.

Salvaging ANY of the pics taken of people on the stair landing was a little technological miracle.
That was the darkest spot in the room and there was light BEHIND the people.
I hate flash but resorted to it with a napkin held over the flash to enlarge the light source to soften the shadows.
Eventually after much processing some were usable but yucky technically.
Then much more time researching which names go with which faces, since I have a horrid memory and didn't meet everyone.

Even then, without naming a name, the results did not make everyone happy.
People SURE vary when it comes to pics of themselves.

Kenny, love, lol, it was fabulous to meet you as well. I really do hope you decide to surprise us at a SoCA gathering too! I actually do appreciate you taking all the group photos and such. They're beautiful to look at, and you can just tell from the photos how much fun we all had! Everyone was so happy at the GTG! The only thing I worry about is of having my face plastered on a very public medium. I actually am very nosey and would love to SEE them! I just feel so darn guilty for "ruining" the group photos I was in since the other members obviously enjoy seeing them posted! Next year, I'll avoid group photos. So if you don't mind sharing, I'd love to admire :sun: Thank you so much for working at the GTG to get the photos, and then sorting and editing all the photos for us all to enjoy.

Kroshka, same to you, if you don't mind sharing in a more private manner, I'd love to see Mr. Kroshka's pictures!

I can be contacted through this old WTB listing:
http://loupetroop.com/listings/other/wtb-7-dot-5mm-setting-and-17-18-chain

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1370401431|3459185 said:
I think you guys all have some amazing super strong beer goggles on cuz I am far from beautiful! Haha!

YT I don't usually comment when people make comments like this because I feel like usually people are just saying it to get compliments or pretend to be humble. But somehow I think you actually believe this about yourself. So I will say: You are simply gorgeous. You are vivacious and your face and smile are amazing and you have a wonderful sense of style and other lovely assets. Don't buy into the usual female self-denigrating rap. Own your beauty and don't ever call yourself "far from beautiful" again.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Dreamer_D said:

YT I don't usually comment when people make comments like this because I feel like usually people are just saying it to get compliments or pretend to be humble. But somehow I think you actually believe this about yourself. So I will say: You are simply gorgeous. You are vivacious and your face and smile are amazing and you have a wonderful sense of style and other lovely assets. Don't buy into the usual female self-denigrating rap. Own your beauty and don't ever call yourself "far from beautiful" again.
Dreamer! It's very sweet of you to comment. It's because I've gained so much weight, I do feel very self conscious about myself when I see photos. I imagine myself to be back when I was thinner but then pictures are taken of me and I'm a bit taken aback you know?
I am trying to break out of my self consciousness that I grew up with as a child. Thank you so much for your kind words! I will take it to heart.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="kenny|1370385545|

Madelise, it was so nice to meet you.
I wish we had more time to talk, but I was 'working' taking pics all evening.
Maybe next year I'll leave the camera at home and just spend my time relaxing and getting to know people.
I'll certainly get there a day early to have more people time.

I fully understand your security concern and how it is at odds with wanting to join in the fun of sharing the camaraderie of the GTG with other members, especially those who could not join us.
Ironically I took the most pics, but don't want mine posted for your same security reasons.
Some are comfortable, some not, people vary and that's fine.

[/quote]

Don't worry about it Kenny.I have seen your pic at the post office many time... :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1370408611|3459235 said:
Dreamer_D said:

Dreamer! It's very sweet of you to comment. It's because I've gained so much weight, I do feel very self conscious about myself when I see photos. I imagine myself to be back when I was thinner but then pictures are taken of me and I'm a bit taken aback you know?
I am trying to break out of my self consciousness that I grew up with as a child. Thank you so much for your kind words! I will take it to heart.

I know what you mean and I know how you feel :)) Sure, you are curvy. And you are also beautiful. You can be both!

Kenny: amen. I agree. But I also think its a hard fight to actually disengage from appearance as a determinant of social value. I don't mean trying to embrace all type of appearances or campaigning to make everyone feel beautiful -- like that Dove ad campaign. Those types of thoughts still accept that beauty matters and just want to rewrite the rules of beauty or the breadth of the definition. I mean actually disengaging from appearance and beauty as a variable of concern - To do so is likely impossible. But the effort is laudable. Many a philosopher and religious guru has sought such freedom. It may be necessary for true enlightenment.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1370412257|3459248 said:
Kenny: amen. I agree. But I also think its a hard fight to actually disengage from appearance as a determinant of social value. I don't mean trying to embrace all type of appearances or campaigning to make everyone feel beautiful -- like that Dove ad campaign. Those types of thoughts still accept that beauty matters and just want to rewrite the rules of beauty or the breadth of the definition. I mean actually disengaging from appearance and beauty as a variable of concern - To do so is likely impossible. But the effort is laudable. Many a philosopher and religious guru has sought such freedom. It may be necessary for true enlightenment.

Since you brought up religion, nothing hinders free individual thought more.

All you need is a brain capable of original and independent thought, so you can let so of harmful social programing about the impossibility of clinging to looking younger than you are.

NiceSmile

Rough_Rock
ForteKitty|1370285628|3458287 said:
This is the only picture I have, curtesy of MissyDebby, taken on the balcony:
looks great!

NiceSmile

Rough_Rock
athena, who made your yellow pear ring with the melee? thanks!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1370408611|3459235 said:
Dreamer_D said:

YT-I just have to chime in here and say I wholeheartedly agree with Dreamer. You are gorgeous. Truly beautiful (inside and out) and embrace this now and don't believe the crap we are constantly fed about what beautiful is supposed to look like. This thread is about the GTG so I don't want to derail it and go on and on (though I could on this topic believe me) but I just had to add my support here. You are a real beauty!

(and I hope you are feeling better today!!!)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Finally back home from hot Vegas and want to give a HUGE thank you to Andrey and Erika for a phenomenal party!! The suite was beautiful, the views astounding, and the food was wonderful but meeting everyone was the best treat!! I also have to thank Singlestone for giving such a wonderful door prize that I won- can't wait to use it!! So sorry Sarahbear- I know you REALLY wanted it!

I can't possibly name everyone that I so enjoyed meeting, but Sarahbear-you're special!! You just light up a room with your energy and smile!! Diamondseeker- we need to plan a more local gtg later this summer. I do hope you decide to keep your beautiful AVR-it looked just perfect on you!! Kroshka- I loved talking with you and would someday love to see your collection!! I'm still talking about your bracelet-it's gorgeous!! Sorry we couldn't meet up the next day- dh's back was giving him some problems and he was in a bit of pain. Yssie- glad we had a chance to have breakfast! Once I have a chance to go through my pictures- I'll send you the RDG bling pics! Your ring is gorgeous!! Bright Ice- I love, love, love your Pad ring!!!!!!! So much beautiful jewelry and so many beautiful people!! My main regret is I didn't meet more people. I was so incredibly tired after my long flight in that day- that I just petered out!! Kenny- so glad I got to see your beautiful FCD collection.

And, of course, the BIG highlight of my trip was meeting Mike and Ken Robinson and picking up my beautiful RDG orchid ring. It was such a delight to sit and chat with them in the beautiful Bellagio piano bar. It truly was a spectacular trip!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really need to find a way to get there next year. I haven't got a collection that will work with the likes of this one but boy I'd like to see some of these in person.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire said:

YT, I can tell you are humble. I thought you were most likely beautiful before I saw the pictures based on your kind and witty posts. Now, the pictures confirm you are beautiful inside and out! :saint:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1370430610|3459292 said:
Finally back home from hot Vegas and want to give a HUGE thank you to Andrey and Erika for a phenomenal party!! The suite was beautiful, the views astounding, and the food was wonderful but meeting everyone was the best treat!! I also have to thank Singlestone for giving such a wonderful door prize that I won- can't wait to use it!! So sorry Sarahbear- I know you REALLY wanted it!

I can't possibly name everyone that I so enjoyed meeting, but Sarahbear-you're special!! You just light up a room with your energy and smile!! Diamondseeker- we need to plan a more local gtg later this summer. I do hope you decide to keep your beautiful AVR-it looked just perfect on you!! Kroshka- I loved talking with you and would someday love to see your collection!! I'm still talking about your bracelet-it's gorgeous!! Sorry we couldn't meet up the next day- dh's back was giving him some problems and he was in a bit of pain. Yssie- glad we had a chance to have breakfast! Once I have a chance to go through my pictures- I'll send you the RDG bling pics! Your ring is gorgeous!! Bright Ice- I love, love, love your Pad ring!!!!!!! So much beautiful jewelry and so many beautiful people!! My main regret is I didn't meet more people. I was so incredibly tired after my long flight in that day- that I just petered out!! Kenny- so glad I got to see your beautiful FCD collection.

And, of course, the BIG highlight of my trip was meeting Mike and Ken Robinson and picking up my beautiful RDG orchid ring. It was such a delight to sit and chat with them in the beautiful Bellagio piano bar. It truly was a spectacular trip!!

Darlin I'm thrilled you got the SS giftcard! Jealous as all get out but thrilled for you!!!!!!! My parter in crime! Responding to your email right now actually!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
PS - with regards to pics, perhaps we nix the candid shots and have a "photo area" set up in one spot, where people who wish to have group shots (for forum posting) can go and pose (and door prize winners can pose with their spoils if they're so inclined), and only hand/bling shots will be allowed elsewhere in the suite, with permission. Just an idea off the top of my head. We'd be on the honor system, since we all have cameras in our phones, etc.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ericad|1370441793|3459376 said:
PS - with regards to pics, perhaps we nix the candid shots and have a "photo area" set up in one spot, where people who wish to have group shots (for forum posting) can go and pose (and door prize winners can pose with their spoils if they're so inclined), and only hand/bling shots will be allowed elsewhere in the suite, with permission. Just an idea off the top of my head. We'd be on the honor system, since we all have cameras in our phones, etc.

that is a good idea!!!!

Oh and for the people who posted pics, thank you so much!!! It is great to see them :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1370386674|3459038 said:
A GIANT thank you to the Andrey and the PS administration for organizing a fabulous evening and a GIANT thank you to all the PSers and tradepeople who attended!!!! It was fantastic to meet so many of the wonderful people I've come to know on here over the years ::)

DS, finally! You and Dreamer are the reason I started posting in RT in the first place, and your real-world personality comes through so well in your posts - meeting you was like meeting an old friend ::)
::KEEP THAT AVR!!::

Yssie, it was a delight meeting you!!! You are one of my favorite RT friends! You are absolutely beautiful, too! I am glad the AVR has your approval! That means a lot to me!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire said:

Are you kidding? You have a beautiful face and smile and that gorgeous black hair! Hope you are feeling better!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ericad|1370441793|3459376 said:

I think this is the perfect answer! :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got to see diamondseeker's gorgeous avatar ring and I must say it's much more beautiful in real life! Just so you know DS, I in the camp of please keep the AVR!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1370443637|3459405 said:
I got to see diamondseeker's gorgeous avatar ring and I must say it's much more beautiful in real life! Just so you know DS, I in the camp of please keep the AVR!!!!!

Oh, thank you so much, Michelle!!! I am sorry we didn't have more time together, because I am such an admirer of your yellow and blue collections, and we'd have lots to talk about I am certain!!! Your jewelry was absolutely fantastic!

I appreciate all the encouragement about the AVR! I just hope everyone is being honest! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also need to say hi :wavey: back to Resonance of Life and Pink Jewel!!! It was my pleasure meeting both of you! And thanks PJ for guarding my food for the half hour it took me to refill my wine glass and make it back to the other side of the room!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1370444621|3459419 said:
I also need to say hi :wavey: back to Resonance of Life and Pink Jewel!!! It was my pleasure meeting both of you! And thanks PJ for guarding my food for the half hour it took me to refill my wine glass and make it back to the other side of the room!

YT and I were going through the moscato - the stuff is delightful :halo:
Every time I went back he poured a bit more in my glass - I'm sure that was supposed to be a sign of some sort!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results