shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Las Vegas GTG 2013....thoughts

D

Deactivated member 42515

diamondseeker2006 said:
YT, when did you leave Vegas? If you got sick Monday morning it probably was from the last thing you ate Sunday night unless it is a virus and not food poisoning.

I left Sunday afternoon. And I got sick Monday morning. Food poisoning takes about 24-48 hours to incubate so I tho k it was something I ate Saturday or so.... Cuz I am still... Yea... Barely slept last night.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi YT,

I think you could take something like imodium to help. Please call the pharmacy to help you thru this. They may have some suggestions.

I got sick once the day after coming home from Vegas. I attributed to the germs on the plane, so mine was a virus-lasted 2 days.

You also can get the runs from "the drink" if you are not used to it. Food poisioning is a bit more serious. If you think its that, call your DR.

Annette

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1370526935|3460072 said:
madelise said:
::snip::

After the meet, I want to change everyone's screen names. Matata is Mytatas, Enerchi is Enrique or Dory, and now I want to name you Holly.

madelise, I toyed with the idea of officially changing my SN to "vacuum" thanks to you! :lol:

I have to admit that's what I think in my head anytime I see your name. :lol:

:lol: ME TOO! As soon as I met her, I said, HEY! VACUUM!! :wavey: LOL!!!! It was a pleasure meeting you, VC!! :sun:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1370534872|3460162 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:
YT, when did you leave Vegas? If you got sick Monday morning it probably was from the last thing you ate Sunday night unless it is a virus and not food poisoning.

I left Sunday afternoon. And I got sick Monday morning. Food poisoning takes about 24-48 hours to incubate so I tho k it was something I ate Saturday or so.... Cuz I am still... Yea... Barely slept last night.

Hi YT, I am sorry you are ill. I do think if you follow the BRAT diet that should help your tummy. I know our Ped recommends it for the twins when they get stomach things going on and lots of fluids so you stay hydrated when you are losing fluids. Bananas. Rice. Applesauce and Toast/bread make up BRAT. hang in there, sometimes mint tea also soothes the tummy. Hope you feel better soon.

eta: I agree, Vegas is kind of germy you could of picked it up anywhere.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Skippy|1370540580|3460237 said:
YT|1370534872|3460162 said:
diamondseeker2006 said:

Hi YT, I am sorry you are ill. I do think if you follow the BRAT diet that should help your tummy. I know our Ped recommends it for the twins when they get stomach things going on and lots of fluids so you stay hydrated when you are losing fluids. Bananas. Rice. Applesauce and Toast/bread make up BRAT. hang in there, sometimes mint tea also soothes the tummy. Hope you feel better soon.

eta: I agree, Vegas is kind of germy you could of picked it up anywhere.

That's exactly what I did to stop my stomach flu. Try it, it really does work.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, sorry to hear that so many people got ill. I agree with some of the other posters in that it is very easy to mistake food poisoning with a viral bug. I hope y'all start feling better soon.

If there's any bright side to be had, you can stare at your bling when your head is over a bowl. :saint:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a lovely virus making the rounds that seems like food poisoning. Our whole family had is sequentially which is how we know it was not food. Lasted a few days.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could be norovirus? I had it last year, and the rest of my family had it a few months ago. My dad wound up in the hospital from dehydration! The most notable thing about norovirus was the total body weakness - legs just won't hold you up. I couldn't walk, wound up curling up on the landing halfway up my stairs and just slept there for a long time before being able to crawl slowly back to bed. That, plus the awful gastrointestinal stuff. Terrible.

Hope you feel better soon. :(

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How are you doing YT?? I'm worried about you!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thanks everyone! I've been eating the brat diet but it seems my body is not ready for it yet. Been taking sips of Gatorade tho. Hoping it'll replenish me. Today seems to be worst yet with dizzy spells and blacking out. I think I will really go to the doctor tomorrow if it continues.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1370566107|3460553 said:
Thanks everyone! I've been eating the brat diet but it seems my body is not ready for it yet. Been taking sips of Gatorade tho. Hoping it'll replenish me. Today seems to be worst yet with dizzy spells and blacking out. I think I will really go to the doctor tomorrow if it continues.
You get your butt to the hospital right now young lady. You need IV fluids STAT. Your body is depleted and you are endangering your health. Listen to momma Mytatas, don't make me come up there.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Matata said:
You get your butt to the hospital right now young lady. You need IV fluids STAT. Your body is depleted and you are endangering your health. Listen to momma Mytatas, don't make me come up there.
That might actually be fun. If I get sick enough, will you come hang with me?

I wanted to go today but the only time they had was when I couldn't get off work. I think I'll call them tomorrow and tell them I need them to see me. I don't really wanna go to the ER...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1370567190|3460564 said:

I agree! You have been sick too many days!!! Go to the dr ASAP!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How on earth are you working while you're dizzy and blacking out? What if you black out and hit your head and do some serious damage? At least go to bed and stay there until you can get a doctor to see you. Sheesh, you're making my hair turn gray with worry.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock

YT, I am chiming in here again! Metata and others are right on in that you are severely dehydrated and need fluids now! Your body is trying to tell you something with the dizzy spells and blackout! Go to the ER, please.

ClassyRocks

Brilliant_Rock
ClassyRocks|1370568554|3460589 said:

YT, I am chiming in here again! Metata and others are right on in that you are severely dehydrated and need fluids now! Your body is trying to tell you something with the dizzy spells and blackout! Go to the ER, please.

See.....DS and Matata both said you need to go now! :errrr:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm ok. I'm walking around and I'm not talking gibberish. I'm just a bit dizzy and dazed. I really appreciate everyone's input and I promise I won't be stubborn and not go see the doctor.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ClassyRocks|1370568763|3460593 said:
ClassyRocks|1370568554|3460589 said:

See.....DS and Matata both said you need to go now! :errrr:

Get to the hospital and DON'T drive yourself, it's not safe! Once you get done IV fluids and anti-vomiting meds, you should start to feel better. Keep us posted, as we worry....

D

Deactivated member 42515

I wasn't trying to make it sound worse than it was but I guess I did! It's hard to gauge online. But I really appreciate everyone's concern. I really do!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1370569481|3460605 said:
I'm ok. I'm walking around and I'm not talking gibberish. I'm just a bit dizzy and dazed. I really appreciate everyone's input and I promise I won't be stubborn and not go see the doctor.

GO-friend ... you've been talking gibberish for years. :lol:

Just kidding.
Get better, or we'll give you a forum-flogging. :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1370568492|3460588 said:
How on earth are you working while you're dizzy and blacking out? What if you black out and hit your head and do some serious damage? At least go to bed and stay there until you can get a doctor to see you. Sheesh, you're making my hair turn gray with worry.

This, exactly!

Go. To. Doctor. Now.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and update, please! I realize that the last of your comments were from yesterday...

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT I have been reading all this and I hope you are OK, your symptoms have lasted for quite awhile and could be very serious, hopefully you went to the doctor or ER, please let us know how you are doing!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in to see how you are, YT!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Thanks for checking up on me! Today is better than yesterday. I'm still super dizzy but that seems to be the only lingering symptom.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1370648882|3461218 said:
Thanks for checking up on me! Today is better than yesterday. I'm still super dizzy but that seems to be the only lingering symptom.

Doctor? :(sad

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to hear that you appear to be on the mend. Try to take it easy for the next few days -- get your hydration back up and get plenty of rest.

D

Deactivated member 42515

I'm contemplating on going to the doctor because I would have to go to the ER to get fluids... And it feels silly to go there just for my dizziness... I know everyone keeps telling me dehydration is a serious issue...

D

Deactivated member 42515

I guess what it is is that I feel silly going to the ER for something that could just resolve itself. You know?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
YT|1370650103|3461234 said:
I'm contemplating on going to the doctor because I would have to go to the ER to get fluids... And it feels silly to go there just for my dizziness... I know everyone keeps telling me dehydration is a serious issue...

are you still drinking lots of fluids? I don't think it is a bad idea to go to the ER if you are still feeling bad (dizzy).

I had the Norovirus and was sick awhile http://children.webmd.com/norovirus-symptoms-and-treatment

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results