shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Fairy Dust Please for my Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kim and Sweatpea. I really appreciate the support. I''m thinking the Dr''s office thinks I''m a PITA, but that''s just fine.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your Mom Gypsy.
emrose.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lorelei, much appreciated.

Although I have not been able to get accurate information about her coagulant levels... the doctor''s office just informed me that her surgery has been scheduled for TOMMORROW at afternoon. Anesthesia at 11
6.gif
o-- in operating room at 1:00- 1:30 and 5 hour surgery.

No news on whether or not Chief will be assisting. Or if they will be able to get her on the 14th floor. But I''m keeping tabs on that.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I just lost my post! Argh!
I''ll type it again. Gypsy, I am so glad things are working out. Good for you for sticking this out and getting results. Sometimes a tape recorder causes people to act more compassionate than they normally would I guess. This guy needed to be put in his place and understand that you won''t accept poor care for your mom.
Sending good vibes your way for a smooth, successful operation. You are a wonderful daughter for helping your mom through this tough situation. I hope that your mom is feeling much better very soon!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somehow I only just saw this. I am so sorry for your mom. My dad broke his spine when I was in highschool (car accident). They had to rebuild it with metal. It was a very hard recovery but 13 years later he walks with a slight limp (he can''t run or play sports like he used to) so he is *very* lucky that he lived and doesn''t have to use a wheel chair or arm braces. But it is so hard to see your parent in so much pain. Anyways, just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with your mom and your whole family.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry I missed this thread before. All I can say is that I''m sorry your mom had to go through so much pain, and how happy I am for the both of you that this terrible situation was resolved. I''m sure your mom appreciates how hard you fought to make things right. You are an incredibly strong woman and Dr Ego had better get outta your way!

Please keep coming back with updates on how your mom is doing. I hope they moved her to the 14th floor, far away from that awful doctor.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I hope her surgery goes well, I am sending your mom, you and your family my best wishes.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww. Thanks everyone.

Diamondrock-- maybe the tape recorder made him put on his human costume. Whatever it was... at least to the eye, things seem to have progressed better=-- although there have still been hiccups. We''re holding our breaths over here.

Tacori, I''m so sorry to hear about your dad''s and whole family''s pain. Something like this affects everyone. And I thank you for your kind thoughts.

Wolftress... thank you honey. I will update as I can. Most likely John will log in and post under my user name. I am in a mandatory work training tomorrow and Thursday, unfortunately. With no or limited (don''t know yet) access to internet. I''ll be using any breaks they give us for calls to his cell, and will ask him to post in my stead.

Thank you Marcy, I''m praying all goes well too.

((HUGSS)) everyone.

I will let you know that part of me is hoping that it doesn''t happen tomorrow, that her blood coagulant levels aren''t up to a safe level. The Chief of the department has 19 patients scheduled for a clinic that starts at 12:30. So she won''t be attending. I will be talking to her assistant who I BEGGED to find another good attending for tomorrows surgery instead of the resident that was scheduled (Mr. Hyde didn''t listen as closely as I thought. Maybe I should play that tape back for him where I said NO RESIDENTS, we want a full SURGEON attending).

SO if it doesn''t happen tomorrow and is rescheduled for Thursday, there is a good chance that the Chief herself will attend. Which, of course, I''d much prefer. But then, my mother suffers another day.

I have family members calling me adamant that we should sue him the second he fixes her for the suffering she''s endured these last months. I honestly wish, I didn''t have to take their calls. Don''t care about revenge. Just care about Mom.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 1:29:36 AM
Author: Gypsy
I will let you know that part of me is hoping that it doesn't happen tomorrow, that her blood coagulant levels aren't up to a safe level. The Chief of the department has 19 patients scheduled for a clinic that starts at 12:30. So she won't be attending. I will be talking to her assistant who I BEGGED to find another good attending for tomorrows surgery instead of the resident that was scheduled (Mr. Hyde didn't listen as closely as I thought. Maybe I should play that tape back for him where I said NO RESIDENTS, we want a full SURGEON attending).

SO if it doesn't happen tomorrow and is rescheduled for Thursday, there is a good chance that the Chief herself will attend. Which, of course, I'd much prefer. But then, my mother suffers another day.
Gypsy, I used to work at that hospital for surgeons so I have a little bit of insight I want share. Regarding no residents in your mom's surgery, I just want point out that it is a teaching hospital so I'm not sure if it's possible. I'm not sure what's allowed since I didn't schedule the surgeries. I totally understand why you want the chief surgeon in there or at least an attending and I know your mom deserves the best care. If I were in your shoes, I'd be pushing for the same thing! I just wanted to point that out in case a resident is present in the surgery. Know that your mom's case is helping a future attending surgeon learn a great deal.

*hugs* Keep us posted.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 1:56:33 AM
Author: snlee
Date: 9/12/2007 1:29:36 AM

I will let you know that part of me is hoping that it doesn't happen tomorrow, that her blood coagulant levels aren't up to a safe level. The Chief of the department has 19 patients scheduled for a clinic that starts at 12:30. So she won't be attending. I will be talking to her assistant who I BEGGED to find another good attending for tomorrows surgery instead of the resident that was scheduled (Mr. Hyde didn't listen as closely as I thought. Maybe I should play that tape back for him where I said NO RESIDENTS, we want a full SURGEON attending).

SO if it doesn't happen tomorrow and is rescheduled for Thursday, there is a good chance that the Chief herself will attend. Which, of course, I'd much prefer. But then, my mother suffers another day.

Gypsy, I used to work at that hospital for surgeons so I have a little bit of insight I want share. Regarding no residents in your mom's surgery, I just want point out that it is a teaching hospital so I'm not sure if it's possible. I'm not sure what's allowed since I didn't schedule the surgeries. I totally understand why you want the chief surgeon in there or at least an attending and I know your mom deserves the best care. If I were in your shoes, I'd be pushing for the same thing! I just wanted to point that out in case a resident is present in the surgery. Know that your mom's case is helping a future attending surgeon learn a great deal.

*hugs* Keep us posted.

Okay. That's fair. A resident can be there. As long as there is Dr. Jekyll AND another Attending Surgeon there as well. It will be even more educational for the resident that way. And honey, I understand the whole 'teaching a future attending a great deal' thing... but I hope you'll understand when I say I'm not caring in the least what anyone BUT MY MOTHER gains from this experience. And for her I want it to be a totally fixed back, lower back, neck, shoulders, and spine.

Thank you for the hugs honey. Much appreciated.

I don't want to fall apart, I want to stay strong. But I just don't know what I-we- she will do if she comes out of this paralyzed. Or, God forbid, worse. I've got to get to bed and take a sleeping pill. Keep the thoughts out of my head and the nightmares away. This train isn't a good one to be on.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers continue for your mom, you amd your family.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone . . . this is John, Layla''s fiancé. They just took her mom into surgery. She’s in good spirits and was laughing and joking with me right up until they took her in. She''ll probably be in surgery from four to six hours. There are three surgeons in with her, so she’s in good hands . . . including a neurosurgeon and the chief spinal orthopedic surgeon (thanks, mostly, to Layla calling the hospital every five minutes
1.gif
).

I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I know it helped Layla to have you all supporting her over the last few days, and it means a lot to me, personally. Nothing I could say would be thanks enough.

Amber, we wanted to thank you, specifically, for all your assistance. I’m not sure what we would have done without your information, and I’m glad we didn’t have to find out.

Layla is in a training seminar all day, and will update you all later this evening. Thanks again, to everyone.

John

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 5:25:16 PM
They just took her mom into surgery.
My thoughts are with you and your family Gypsy.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 5:25:16 PM
Hi, everyone . . . this is John, Layla''s fiancé. They just took her mom into surgery. She’s in good spirits and was laughing and joking with me right up until they took her in. She''ll probably be in surgery from four to six hours. There are three surgeons in with her, so she’s in good hands . . . including a neurosurgeon and the chief spinal orthopedic surgeon (thanks, mostly, to Layla calling the hospital every five minutes
1.gif
).

I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I know it helped Layla to have you all supporting her over the last few days, and it means a lot to me, personally. Nothing I could say would be thanks enough.

Amber, we wanted to thank you, specifically, for all your assistance. I’m not sure what we would have done without your information, and I’m glad we didn’t have to find out.

Layla is in a training seminar all day, and will update you all later this evening. Thanks again, to everyone.

John
John, thanks for the update and for being a wonderful supportive fiance to Layla! I am so glad to hear that three surgeons, including the chief will be in there. My thoughts are with your mom.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in with us John!! Sending lots of prayers her way!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Prayers continuing that the surgery goes well.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
John, thank you for updating us!

Please tell Layla we are thinking of she and her mom. Prayers continue.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update, John. You and Layla have been so strong throughout this whole ordeal. I''m sure her mother feels blessed to have such a caring daughter, and that will speed along her recovery.

Sending along prayers and thoughts to all of you...

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
I can''t believe I only just read this thread! Such an ordeal. I''m keeping Team Gypsy in my thoughts...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. It''s me.

Thank you everyone for the continued prayers, thoughts, fairy dust and support. We just went down and ''firmly'' requested an update on the surgery... and found out that though my mother was taken in at a little after 1 pm. Her actual surgery did not start until a little after four thirty.

Don''t know why, don''t know anything else. But it looks like it''s going to be a bit of a long night.

I''m worried about the doctors being tired. This could take till 11pm or so. And the doctor told John this morning that he was tired.

So... STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. But otherwise. Just here.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 9:37:46 PM
Hi everyone. It''s me.

Thank you everyone for the continued prayers, thoughts, fairy dust and support. We just went down and ''firmly'' requested an update on the surgery... and found out that though my mother was taken in at a little after 1 pm. Her actual surgery did not start until a little after four thirty.

Don''t know why, don''t know anything else. But it looks like it''s going to be a bit of a long night.

I''m worried about the doctors being tired. This could take till 11pm or so. And the doctor told John this morning that he was tired.

So... STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. But otherwise. Just here.
*hug* we''re all here for you, gypsy. Hang in there...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Wolftress. I really needed that.
5.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, I know it can''t possibly compare, but my brother''s shoulder surgery two weeks ago was supposed to start at 1pm and didn''t begin until after 9:30. He was in surgery until close to midnight, but everything went wonderfully. I hope for even better for your mother given the surgical team you worked so hard to organize! I''m keeping you in my thoughts.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just think of us ALL being in the waiting room with you Layla. Hugs to you and John. Hang in there!!!
I bet she comes through this just fine!!!!
12.gif

To add to this, remember when Angello had his last surgery?? Nan thought it would be done first thing in the morning, they got to the Hospital at the crack of dawn. Only to find out the surgeons had to do a long surgery before they could do Angello's. It was nerve wracking to say the least, but it all worked out!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 9:53:09 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Just think of us ALL being in the waiting room with you Layla. Hugs to you and John. Hang in there!!!
I bet she comes through this just fine!!!!
12.gif
yep yep just fine
finer than frog hair spit 8 ways

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2007 9:53:09 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Thank you all for being "here with us" I''m all teary eyed with the thought... nurse just called estimate for end of surgery reduced to 10pm and are saying that it''s going ''well.'' Don''t know what that means because according to the everyone at the hospital after the first surgery they said it went ''beautifully''. At this point I''m interpreting that to mean that she''s still alive.
20.gif

When she come out she''s going to be in a ''halo'' for 2-6 weeks. Which we are all pretty happy about, because it will stabilize everything and will increase the chance of success.

Thank you everyone for sharing your stories, and for reminding me of Nan and Angelo.

2.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
As we all know on PS, halos are always good
2.gif

I''m sure she will come through just fine. It''s really promising that they expect the surgery to end earlier than predicted. Gypsy, please don''t forget to take care of yourself too, during this time. It''s been a really stressful and exhausting time for you.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed the updates until now, but I''m so glad you broke bad on Dr. Hyde''s a$$. You are seriously awesome! Don''t mess with a baby cub when her Mama bear is sick...

I hope the surgery continues to go well and I''m sending another truck load of PS Fairy Dust your mom''s way!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for keeping us updated. I can''t imagine what you are going through. Lots of hugs and good thoughts. I''m sure your mom will be just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results