shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yep! Tina asks me a lot of I want another ring. I usually ignore her. I’m waiting for my second order from her which will be the last for a while but I expect the messages to continue. I agree that it must be a company sales strategy!

Must be! Excited to see your new ring though! :kiss2:

She also told me she was afraid she wouldn’t have enough time to make it because “jewelry takes time.” I guess because I said it was for my anniversary? Which I told her was in May? Lol. Who knows. I hate feeling pressured though. It gives me anxiety. :lol-2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Was anyone stalked by Provence after initial communication? :shock: I asked for a price and got a response from Tina. She’s asked me to talk to her on WhatsApp twice, keeps sending me pics, asking me if I’m ready to buy WHEN I ALREADY TOLD HER NOT YET, and this was last night. Now she’s messaging me tonight wanting to know if I want a loose stone. :confused2: I told her last night I wasn’t ready to place the order, and she said “Are you worried about something? You can tell me.” And then I explained it would be an anniversary gift and I needed to speak to my husband. Her response was “Wow.” Then she basically told me if I didn’t order now the price would be higher later, and I told her I understood.

I’m probably reading too much into it because of the language barrier, but geez. I’m laughing about it but she is blowing my Alibaba Messenger up! :lol:
If you are reading too much into it then so am I. Note to self. Never message them for a quote ever! When a customer says I am not ready yet it means NO. So awkward...

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I have had this as well. I've also had this from a few orger (less known) companies. I ignore them.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I hesitated saying this outright but maybe they don’t know we aren’t interested due to different cultural cues? I know here in the US we like to say things like, “I’ll think about it” or “Let me get back to you” as an indirect way of saying no or politely declining. Maybe they just need to hear a flat out “not interested”.

Not saying I did this with Flora, though. She kept messaging me until I told her I went with another vendor. But then she asked me who it was! :eek2: I told her Starsgem, although that was a lie since I actually bought from Mona. She finally left me alone and said, “Hope we do business next time.” :whistle: Gah!

I did read on Reddit that one of the Provence sales reps got banned a while back because they kept advertising on the moissanite sub forum. Not sure when, though.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I basically told her I was broke at the moment and she was STILL trying to pressure me into starting an order. :lol: I should’ve told her sure! If she wanted to just give it to me :twisted2:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I think they’ll get the hint eventually, and it’s because they’re fairly new to the game. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt because while incredibly annoying, she’s been helpful. :lol-2:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I basically told her I was broke at the moment and she was STILL trying to pressure me into starting an order. :lol: I should’ve told her sure! If she wanted to just give it to me :twisted2:
Lolololol :lol: I’d take jewelry any day! :lol-2:

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Because I have totally fed into my addiction, I bought another ring. I've got to stop but I would love an elongated omc ring as well!
These are the images, my ring should be here on Monday. The prongs didn't come out how I wanted. I'm going to take it to my local jeweler to see if he can fix them Screenshot_20190315-112140~2.png Screenshot_20190315-112148~2.png

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, this turned out beautiful!!
Because I have totally fed into my addiction, I bought another ring. I've got to stop but I would love an elongated omc ring as well!
These are the images, my ring should be here on Monday. The prongs didn't come out how I wanted. I'm going to take it to my local jeweler to see if he can fix them Screenshot_20190315-112140~2.png Screenshot_20190315-112148~2.png

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Oh my, this turned out beautiful!!
Thanks. I think it came out nice. I'm excited to get it! I've never seen an oec cut in person. The pictures I've seen look very pretty, although I've seen some that don't look great.

Did you get your order from Provence today? Flora gave me the wrong ups tracking #. It said my package was going to Georgia, had me worried!!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I did! It literally just came. About to upload some pics!
Thanks. I think it came out nice. I'm excited to get it! I've never seen an oec cut in person. The pictures I've seen look very pretty, although I've seen some that don't look great.

Did you get your order from Provence today? Flora gave me the wrong ups tracking #. It said my package was going to Georgia, had me worried!!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Despite the shipping mishap, my Provence band made it to me after all. I really, really like it!! It’s delicate looking and very comfortable! I have to say, it looks better in person than the pictures they sent me. It looks exactly as advertised in their Alibaba photos.
93F49C30-5E6C-4F47-B9C1-DFB49998D888.jpeg
90AADD56-AB8E-4232-8780-C85BD9CA1B2A.jpeg
The shipping issue was a bummer, but even so, seeing the final product, I would order from them again. It was an honest mistake, and it got corrected. A word of advice if this happens to anyone else (though I hope it doesn’t!)—you can call UPS and request an address change using the tracking number. The vendor does not have to do that. I didn’t realize that in the beginning, and if I had called UPS as my first move, I could have gotten the package a lot faster.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Despite the shipping mishap, my Provence band made it to me after all. I really, really like it!! It’s delicate looking and very comfortable! I have to say, it looks better in person than the pictures they sent me. It looks exactly as advertised in their Alibaba photos.
The shipping issue was a bummer, but even so, seeing the final product, I would order from them again. It was an honest mistake, and it got corrected. A word of advice if this happens to anyone else (though I hope it doesn’t!)—you can call UPS and request an address change using the tracking number. The vendor does not have to do that. I didn’t realize that in the beginning, and if I had called UPS as my first move, I could have gotten the package a lot faster.

Love this!!!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful! :love: I'm so glad you got it and it worked out. :kiss2:

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock

It looks great! Glad to hear that it's comfortable! My set that I had them make is very comfortable.

Yes, I had given ups a call and they said the tracking # that I had was a package head for Atlanta and it had a different name. Ups was very helpful!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It looks great! I’m glad that you were happy in the end.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I can't wait to see yours with the sapphires! :love: And your platinum band, too. I think I have a white gold version of that one on my wish list.
It looks great! I’m glad that you were happy in the end.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
What a scare with getting the wrong tracking number! Glad UPS was able to help out. Did Flora give you the correct tracking number now so you can keep an eye on it? I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your new ring--from the photos, I really like their OEC!
It looks great! Glad to hear that it's comfortable! My set that I had them make is very comfortable.

Yes, I had given ups a call and they said the tracking # that I had was a package head for Atlanta and it had a different name. Ups was very helpful!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
@bbk0885 it looks so pretty!!! Looks great stacked with your other rings. I’m trying decide what band I want to stack in between my e-ring and wedding band!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Got videos of my completed rings today. The platinum one is identical to a yellow gold one I have from Provence so I know I’ll like it. The faux sapphires look dark but I kind of expected that. I won’t be wearing it with another sapphire so it doesn’t need to match anything. Here are screenshots from the video:
8B7560AD-B336-4031-A5BB-AAC8156D70FD.png A725025F-5BA5-42F5-89B6-4FEA000075EB.png
If, upon arrival, they look close to the video, I’ll be super pleased. These pictures aren’t very good but I know how we all love pictures. :)

I wish they had faux emerald but they don’t so I’ll have to look elsewhere for the last band I’m looking for (at the moment, not forever ;-)).

Here are the videos and CADS https://imgur.com/a/mEX0rJL

Last edited:

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
There are so many choices! FWIW, I think this one would look great with your set. They might also be able to do it with a milgrain, too, and from what I have seen, I think their milgrain looks pretty good.
@bbk0885 it looks so pretty!!! Looks great stacked with your other rings. I’m trying decide what band I want to stack in between my e-ring and wedding band!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
These look amazing! The sapphire bezel band is like WOW! I’m not totally sure what their ability to do emeralds are, but they have an emerald target ring on their Instagram (I think I also saw a post about it on Reddit): https://www.instagram.com/p/BtpWkKJHkMn/
So maybe they can get some if requested?

ETA: There are actually 2 emerald rings from Provence on Reddit! So maybe they just don’t advertise it on Alibaba?
Got videos of my completed rings today. The platinum one is identical to a yellow gold one I have from Provence so I know I’ll like it. The faux sapphires look dark but I kind of expected that. I won’t be wearing it with another sapphire so it doesn’t need to match anything. Here are screenshots from the video:
8B7560AD-B336-4031-A5BB-AAC8156D70FD.png A725025F-5BA5-42F5-89B6-4FEA000075EB.png
If, upon arrival, they look close to the video, I’ll be super pleased. These pictures aren’t very good but I know how we all love pictures. :)

I wish they had faux emerald but they don’t so I’ll have to look elsewhere for the last band I’m looking for (at the moment, not forever ;-)).

Here are the videos and CADS https://imgur.com/a/mEX0rJL

Last edited:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These look amazing! The sapphire bezel band is like WOW! I’m not totally sure what their ability to do emeralds are, but they have an emerald target ring on their Instagram (I think I also saw a post about it on Reddit): https://www.instagram.com/p/BtpWkKJHkMn/
So maybe they can get some if requested?

ETA: There are actually 2 emerald rings from Provence on Reddit! So maybe they just don’t advertise it on Alibaba?

Hmmm - I asked about emerald and they told me they didn’t do it but I’ll ask again! Thanks for the tip!
Seeing your bezel band made me more confident in my order even though I hadn’t seen yours yet. :)

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Wow, how weird! That Instagram post was not too long ago...
I am loving the bezel band! I’m wearing it with a sapphire ring today, and it looks very pretty.
Hmmm - I asked about emerald and they told me they didn’t do it but I’ll ask again! Thanks for the tip!
Seeing your bezel band made me more confident in my order even though I hadn’t seen yours yet. :)

tonielle

Rough_Rock
There are so many choices! FWIW, I think this one would look great with your set. They might also be able to do it with a milgrain, too, and from what I have seen, I think their milgrain looks pretty good.

I’m debating... but I think I want something chunky to contrast with the daintiness of my set! I also want a RHR lol hubby thinks I’m crazy

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I’m debating... but I think I want something chunky to contrast with the daintiness of my set! I also want a RHR lol hubby thinks I’m crazy

I have a rhr but I'd love another!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
She did give me the correct tracking #. It's supposed to be here Monday:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results