shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

Discussion in 'Fabulous Fashion Jewelry' started by eapj, Jan 14, 2019.

1. jrzgrl1119
    Rough_Rock

by jrzgrl1119 » Aug 14, 2019 at 9:08 AM
    They set my stone twice without showing me. After I received my ring I was not happy with my stone. My replacement is gorgeous! I have an OEC from Starsgem but it's not nearly as pretty.

2. Staceyjan
    Shiny_Rock

by Staceyjan » Aug 14, 2019 at 12:49 PM
    So sorry to hear about your experience. So frustrating. I never seem to have a good eye to see what others see but this time I see everything you mentioned in the above esp the green tint!

lovedogs likes this.
  3. Megra_amazona
    Rough_Rock

by Megra_amazona » Aug 14, 2019 at 2:27 PM
    I specifically showed Flora your replacement stone and she said yes we will cut like that but apparently their cuts still aren’t consistent.

Talking to starsgem right now for replacement stones. Oh no. I dont want to have another bad experience! Can you kindly post a picture of your Starsgem OEC beside your Provence OEC?

4. jrzgrl1119
    Rough_Rock

by jrzgrl1119 » Aug 14, 2019 at 10:20 PM
    My starsgem cut is not bad. I asked for DEF, I should've asked for GH. It's hard to tell in the picture but my Provence stone reflects the light and it just looks prettier in person.
    Starsgem stone on top and Provence on bottom. I can try to take a video for you tomorrow
    Screenshot_20190814-220956.png

5. swaye2010
    Brilliant_Rock

by swaye2010 » Aug 15, 2019 at 12:23 AM
    I have to agree with everything you said. The 1st is green, the 2nd is the pizza pie and the 3rd...well those petals are huge! Not the usual flowery shape you get from the other two. I like Tianyu’s OEC the best but I would certainly take the SG over any of these. I would resell on ebay, LT or DB if you are not happy. Not sure what you paid but somewhere between $100-$150, depending on size sounds reasonable.

ETA: I just happened to download my Tianyu videos for someone else today with some still pic’s. You might want to try Ella at Tianyu. I still think their’s is the best and looks like JRZZZ’s 2nd one from Provence.

https://imgur.com/a/gerLEDC

6. Megra_amazona
    Rough_Rock

by Megra_amazona » Aug 15, 2019 at 10:40 AM
    The facets are clearer in the provence one...oh why oh why they couldn't cut me a stone like this?!?!? also is the cut of the provence sharper? The starsgem seems blurry, or is that just the picture?

I just got a quote from starsgem...the price of the OEC earrings are exactly the same as the price i paid for the Provence ones! Im still thinking whether or not to get new earrings from Stargem instead of loose stones then having to find a jeweler to set them. Might come out cheaper to make new ones

7. Megra_amazona
    Rough_Rock

by Megra_amazona » Aug 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM
    Oh my. I shall have to get a quote from tianyu. I hope their prices aren’t too far exorbitant...as i’m cutting my losses from my Provence purchase. Thank you for the tip!

8. swaye2010
    Brilliant_Rock

by swaye2010 » Aug 16, 2019 at 1:33 AM
    If you can live with them, I would just wear them. The last ones are not terrible, they are just not as good as the other ones shown. If you can’t live with them, I would just list them for sale for what you paid and see what happens for a week or two. I think they sell better when not worn in the beginning. Then maybe you can decide what to do. Facebook marketplace might also be another option depending on where you live.

I have 1/2 ACC’s but they are small enough when in my ear’s that they just look like round’s. I am not sure what size you have but from a distance, they are just going to look like diamond studs to most people.