shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I originally wanted 1/2 but didn’t like how it looked on the cad. I asked just for the wedding band to be made 3/4 as that would spin more, but they ended up making both 3/4 which I was pleasantly surprised about! It looks great, though my finger feels sore and bruised :( I didn’t think it’d be an issue because I am used to wear rings doing everything. Never had stones go past 1/2 the band though. Live and learn.

I wonder if there’s anything to be done to make the stones feel “smoother”
Hopefully it'll get better. Your rings are so pretty!

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
IMG_20190129_130757.jpg IMG_20190129_131011.jpg my rings came! think the two outer bands and too much for my have. I think I'll wear the e ring with one band. I'm very happy with them!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
IMG_20190129_130757.jpg IMG_20190129_131011.jpg my rings came! think the two outer bands and too much for my have. I think I'll wear the e ring with one band. I'm very happy with them!

Your rings look great!!! I love how The whole set looks together. The ring by itself is substantial also!

Do you love your H&A stone? I love how crisp and clear mine is lol and I was expecting way more fire from a moissy but I don’t see too much. I don’t have a diamond to compare to so i bet I’d notice it if I had one side by side

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Your rings look great!!! I love how The whole set looks together. The ring by itself is substantial also!

Do you love your H&A stone? I love how crisp and clear mine is lol and I was expecting way more fire from a moissy but I don’t see too much. I don’t have a diamond to compare to so i bet I’d notice it if I had one side by side
Thank you! The only diamond I have is very small. I am very happy with the H&A. It's very colorless, it sparkles but its hard to tell the fire since its so cloudy here (waiting for a snow storm). Wonder how it will look on a sunny day...

tonielle

Rough_Rock
@jrzgrl1119 Ha we just had a snow storm today! I keep staring at my ring!! I went to the mall and walked by the diamonds store and can see the difference in fire now. lol. it's not that big of a difference though, you'd only know if you held them side by side

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@tonielle and @jrzgrl1119

Hey ladies! Can y’all tell me how you feel about the H&A stones? Are you happy with the cut? I was considering a ring from Tianyu, but I agree that the shanks are flat and tall. I love their H&A cuts, but not their settings. Stars Gem produces a more balanced ring as far as shank proportions go (IMO) but I don’t love their H&A cut. I really think Tianyu is leading the pack in rounds.

Having said that, I don’t want to order stones from one and settings from another. Do either of you have clear close up pics, or a really good quality video that showcases the cut?

Also, what color range did you get? Colorless or near colorless? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

ETA: I went back and reread the thread and saw you had posted pics and videos. Sorry!!! If you have any more, feel free to share! I believe you both got DEF stones too, and I’d be ordering GH. Wondering how warm they’ll be in comparison. I prefer them not to be stark white. I had my mind made up on white gold but I’m really loving the yellow!

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
One more question. Does anyone know if they’re using the old 4H Moissanite or the new 6H? They had a listing that specified 4H in the title and that made me nervous. Would be good info for other potential customers as well!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
I ordered DEF and I have no other h&a to compare to but it looks very crisp and clear to me. I am not super picky about cut though and tbh I had a hard time really noticing what some of the posters were talking about in their SG stones.

https://i.imgur.com/66MNTzV.jpg This is my fave photo I’ve taken of my ring with my really old iPhone lol... I think you can see 7 of the arrows pretty clearly here

This is my first moissy so nothing to compare to. I will say that with all this talk of double refraction and fire, I was expecting to see a lot more fire. I honestly don’t see an obnoxious amount of fire, but maybe that’s because it’s h&a and not brilliant cut.

One of the first thing I asked Flora was if they use 6 or 4h sic and she said 4h. For some reason I thought that was the better one lol cuz I saw this article:

Guy told us during our chat, "One of the most fascinating aspects of the NEO 4H (SiC) poly-type is that it can be graded using the diamond grading scale. Never before has this been possible with moissanite, as prior to the patent expiration 6H (SiC) poly-types like the Forever Classic and Forever Brilliant were saturated with green and yellow color hues."

"The 4H Moissanite NEO will not change color under heat. The 6H Moissanite by Charles & Colvard will turn a bright yellow upon heating." From http://www.jhollywooddesigns.com/the-mad-scientist-of-moissanite/

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered DEF and I have no other h&a to compare to but it looks very crisp and clear to me. I am not super picky about cut though and tbh I had a hard time really noticing what some of the posters were talking about in their SG stones.

https://i.imgur.com/66MNTzV.jpg This is my fave photo I’ve taken of my ring with my really old iPhone lol... I think you can see 7 of the arrows pretty clearly here

This is my first moissy so nothing to compare to. I will say that with all this talk of double refraction and fire, I was expecting to see a lot more fire. I honestly don’t see an obnoxious amount of fire, but maybe that’s because it’s h&a and not brilliant cut.

One of the first thing I asked Flora was if they use 6 or 4h sic and she said 4h. For some reason I thought that was the better one lol cuz I saw this article:

Guy told us during our chat, "One of the most fascinating aspects of the NEO 4H (SiC) poly-type is that it can be graded using the diamond grading scale. Never before has this been possible with moissanite, as prior to the patent expiration 6H (SiC) poly-types like the Forever Classic and Forever Brilliant were saturated with green and yellow color hues."

"The 4H Moissanite NEO will not change color under heat. The 6H Moissanite by Charles & Colvard will turn a bright yellow upon heating." From http://www.jhollywooddesigns.com/the-mad-scientist-of-moissanite/

Omg I got it backwards :confused2: Now I feel really dumb. :lol-2: Thank you for the info!

I just love the prongs on your ring too. Something a lot of jewelers just can’t execute properly. I might email them for a quote! :geek2:

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
@tonielle How are you adjusting to the 3/4 eternity? Getting any more comfortable? I’m ordering a bezel band from Flora, and even though it is smooth, I still decided to go with 1/2 eternity just in case. How do you like the melee stones in your ring—are they sparkly? (They seem to be!) Flora recommended 2mm stones for my band, and even though that’s a little bigger than I was thinking, I’m going for it, lol.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Is everyone using Alibaba to contact Flora? Or direct email? Or WhatsApp?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
08AC20BA-7F5F-4245-B99F-499A6DA70559.jpeg 65958592-2B51-4C47-B4F6-E62A277D503D.jpeg 43333AA5-BAAD-4786-8ACD-FBA96436F710.jpeg
@tonielle How are you adjusting to the 3/4 eternity? Getting any more comfortable? I’m ordering a bezel band from Flora, and even though it is smooth, I still decided to go with 1/2 eternity just in case. How do you like the melee stones in your ring—are they sparkly? (They seem to be!) Flora recommended 2mm stones for my band, and even though that’s a little bigger than I was thinking, I’m going for it, lol.

I got an eternity bezel band off HSN just to see if I liked it. It’s SO COMFORTABLE so I think you’ll be fine regarding that. It’s also 2mm and it’s not as big as you’d think. I’m a 7.75 for reference. One pic is with an 8mm CZ in a stone holder because I was trying to get a visual, just FYI. Hope this helps!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Is everyone using Alibaba to contact Flora? Or direct email? Or WhatsApp?
I wish I had her email, but I have been communicating with Flora via Alibaba. She's super good about replying. I'm really impressed with that so I'm waiting to try Provence next!

tonielle

Rough_Rock
@michellelynn9175 I use mostly WhatsApp with Flora... it is +86 150 7745 2504

@bbk0885 it actually is more comfortable! I never considered it a production fault on their end. I was just upset and afraid I wouldn’t be able to wear my new rings after eyeing this style for so long lol. I think my skin needed to get used to the new “friction”. I was just surprised I had any irritation because I’ve worn rings since my teens. My fingers are definitely doing much better! I even sleep with one of them on every night =)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@michellelynn9175 I use mostly WhatsApp with Flora... it is +86 150 7745 2504

@bbk0885 it actually is more comfortable! I never considered it a production fault on their end. I was just upset and afraid I wouldn’t be able to wear my new rings after eyeing this style for so long lol. I think my skin needed to get used to the new “friction”. I was just surprised I had any irritation because I’ve worn rings since my teens. My fingers are definitely doing much better! I even sleep with one of them on every night =)2

Thanks for the info! I’m going to get a quote from at least them and SG. Maybe Tianyu too, just for comparison purposes.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info! I’m going to get a quote from at least them and SG. Maybe Tianyu too, just for comparison purposes.
I've been reading that tianyu is now even sometimes double the price! Some of the users on reddit are getting quotes everywhere too lol

tonielle

Rough_Rock

If you want to amp up the sparkle factor, def go with the 2mm lol! Mine are only 1.5, so I don't see as much "sparkle dancing" haha as the biggest stone. If I had to do side stones again, I'd go bigger for more bling for sure lol

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
63542552-0853-4542-A058-5A5597A63110.jpeg F26A2CA1-DDB8-4F46-9C41-8BB5F643CFFD.jpeg 515E79FF-A46D-4858-86EF-ADAD13B95DCB.jpeg 3E277636-E021-4F45-98A8-41F9D17499C6.jpeg A54351BD-80D2-4BCF-8DDA-131CECB39B89.jpeg

Totally sent the exact same message to all 3 vendors. :lol:

I will report my findings! It’s just a simple 3 stone design, and I’m debating on adding melee to the baskets where I’ve highlighted in red. o_O

I’ll go 14k, whether it be white or yellow gold. Currently leaning toward white.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
That is fantastic! That looks just like the one I’m ordering from them, thank you!
08AC20BA-7F5F-4245-B99F-499A6DA70559.jpeg 65958592-2B51-4C47-B4F6-E62A277D503D.jpeg 43333AA5-BAAD-4786-8ACD-FBA96436F710.jpeg

I got an eternity bezel band off HSN just to see if I liked it. It’s SO COMFORTABLE so I think you’ll be fine regarding that. It’s also 2mm and it’s not as big as you’d think. I’m a 7.75 for reference. One pic is with an 8mm CZ in a stone holder because I was trying to get a visual, just FYI. Hope this helps!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I have been communicating with her through the Alibaba app mostly, but I do have her email as well. It’s [email protected].

I wish I had her email, but I have been communicating with Flora via Alibaba. She's super good about replying. I'm really impressed with that so I'm waiting to try Provence next!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Let us know! I just made a purchase with Tianyu, so I am committed there, but I wanted an OEC and couldn’t find anyone who had one from Provence or really tell conclusively from their video, so I didn’t want to take a chance. But I am curious to know for the future!

I will say that what Tianyu quoted me was pretty much right on what others predicted they or SG would quote, so I felt okay about that. But it seems like a lot of people go to them to recreate intricate designs, and I stuck with something simple like you are. I imagine that factors in the price, too, though I definitely don’t doubt that Provence is still less expensive.

63542552-0853-4542-A058-5A5597A63110.jpeg F26A2CA1-DDB8-4F46-9C41-8BB5F643CFFD.jpeg 515E79FF-A46D-4858-86EF-ADAD13B95DCB.jpeg 3E277636-E021-4F45-98A8-41F9D17499C6.jpeg A54351BD-80D2-4BCF-8DDA-131CECB39B89.jpeg

Totally sent the exact same message to all 3 vendors. :lol:

I will report my findings! It’s just a simple 3 stone design, and I’m debating on adding melee to the baskets where I’ve highlighted in red. o_O

I’ll go 14k, whether it be white or yellow gold. Currently leaning toward white.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have been communicating with her through the Alibaba app mostly, but I do have her email as well. It’s [email protected].
OMG, thank you for this! I don't have Whatsapp (my SO made me paranoid about it), but I hate how Alibaba keeps opening new windows on desktop. I'll talk with her there; I have some ideas I'd like to send her. :love:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Flora already responded. That’s impressive! Quote is very reasonable too. I sent them 2 settings and they said either one would be the same price.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

Flora just sent me the pic you posted and said that was GH. :confused2: I’m confused. Either you got GH or she lied to me about the pic. Not cool :snooty:

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Flora just sent me the pic you posted and said that was GH. :confused2: I’m confused. Either you got GH or she lied to me about the pic. Not cool :snooty:
my order says DEF and it looks white to me? There may be some warmth sometimes but I know surroundings plus the yellow gold play into that. Either way, that’s not cool.

Looking over the vids and photos she sent me again right now, and the stone looks quite warm in them. It never really looks like this to me in real life.

I’m obviously not that picky with the stone... I think at that point I just wanted them to ship it

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
my order says DEF and it looks white to me? There may be some warmth sometimes but I know surroundings plus the yellow gold play into that. Either way, that’s not cool.

Looking over the vids and photos she sent me again right now, and the stone looks quite warm in them. It never really looks like this to me in real life.

I’m obviously not that picky with the stone... I think at that point I just wanted them to ship it

Well whatever you got, it looks perfect with your skin tone and the color of gold so I wouldn’t let it bother you one bit! It really does look amazing. I just don’t know what to order now because she’s got me confused, lol! I prefer a little warmth but she sent me a pic of their GH and it’s WHITE. They definitely look more like DEF.

Makes me really leery to order anything.

28E2478F-1CB1-4C17-A810-CF3983DE959D.jpeg

tonielle

Rough_Rock
Well whatever you got, it looks perfect with your skin tone and the color of gold so I wouldn’t let it bother you one bit! It really does look amazing. I just don’t know what to order now because she’s got me confused, lol! I prefer a little warmth but she sent me a pic of their GH and it’s WHITE. They definitely look more like DEF.

Makes me really leery to order anything.

28E2478F-1CB1-4C17-A810-CF3983DE959D.jpeg

This is why I was so hesitant to order from China for anything. If you aren’t getting a good vibe from Flora, see how you feel when talking to SG or Tianyu. I know there is more than one rep at Provence too.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
This is why I was so hesitant to order from China for anything. If you aren’t getting a good vibe from Flora, see how you feel when talking to SG or Tianyu. I know there is more than one rep at Provence too.

I’ve communicated with both SG and Tianyu in the past and they’ve been fine. I just don’t like the way Tianyu proportions their rings, but they cut an amazing H&A. Alternatively, SG does great settings but their cuts aren’t the best. I wish someone would just be a one stop shop!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
You were correct, Tianyu is nearly double what Provence quoted me. They’re getting a little too big for their britches if you ask me! They cut an amazing H&A but their settings are lacking more often than not these days. That’s only a couple hundred cheaper than if I went through David Klass, which is nuts IMO. SG won’t be getting me a quote until after the holiday, which isn’t for another couple of weeks.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings all look lovely. I’ll be really interested if anyone gets OECs, I’d really like a pair of earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results