shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

tonielle

Rough_Rock
@michellelynn9175 I tried to take a clear photo with my old iPhone of the arrows for you https://i.imgur.com/hdKa14A.jpg

I’m not quite sure what people look for when inspecting stones. I do see when people post about haziness/cloudiness but that’s about it lol. Tbh I think moissaniteco’s instagram videos make their stones look amazing. I also just saw the August vintage thread and that stone looks great to me too

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
That’s only a couple hundred cheaper than if I went through David Klass, which is nuts IMO.
Is DK really only a couple *hundred* dollars more than Tianyu for what you want? I have honestly been afraid to inquire about a setting from him. The know everyone says how reasonable his prices are, but a reasonable price for something nice could still be expensive, lol.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Is DK really only a couple *hundred* dollars more than Tianyu for what you want? I have honestly been afraid to inquire about a setting from him. The know everyone says how reasonable his prices are, but a reasonable price for something nice could still be expensive, lol.

If I went through Tianyu for the stones (7mm center and 5mm side stones, both GH color H&A) and had DK make my setting (which is plain 14K white gold with no pave. Something I designed myself if you want to go check out my other thread) it would be $729 vs $975. Tianyu must think they're really somethin' special to try to command those prices. Just my opinion! ;)2

ETA: He is wonderful to work with, but you have to have patience because he's so busy. These overseas companies have us spoiled because of their quick CAD time, but it took nearly 6 weeks to get my first set. Granted, I told him I was in no hurry and the holiday rush was approaching, but something to keep in mind. Shoot him an email - it doesn't hurt to ask!

Last edited:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
@michellelynn9175 I tried to take a clear photo with my old iPhone of the arrows for you https://i.imgur.com/hdKa14A.jpg

I’m not quite sure what people look for when inspecting stones. I do see when people post about haziness/cloudiness but that’s about it lol. Tbh I think moissaniteco’s instagram videos make their stones look amazing. I also just saw the August vintage thread and that stone looks great to me too

Thank you for doing this for me! My concern is that some moissanite can look flat or plastic-like and lack depth. That's my biggest concern, more than cut. If I had my choice, I'd be getting an Amora Gem or lab diamonds, but that's not in the budget for me at the moment. :(2

If you had a chance to take a video in natural light I wouldn't be sad. :geek2::lol::pray:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
https://i.imgur.com/FdmcNeH.mp4

I do find that videos and photos can’t really capture what stones look like in real life. I have yet to see a diamond sparkle the way it does on some of these Instagram pages lol

You are THE BEST!!! I agree that it’s super hard to capture anything in photos and videos. I ordered a Moissanite and a CZ and the pics were terrible. Made it look flat and hazy and not clear at all.

For the price, I might give them a shot! Worst case, I don’t love them and I swap them out later for either a different brand or lab diamonds.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I appreciate your willingness to share this info!
If I went through Tianyu for the stones (7mm center and 5mm side stones, both GH color H&A) and had DK make my setting (which is plain 14K white gold with no pave. Something I designed myself if you want to go check out my other thread) it would be $729 vs $975. Tianyu must think they're really somethin' special to try to command those prices. Just my opinion! ;)2

tonielle

Rough_Rock
I wonder if anyone’s bought a brilliant cut from these Chinese companies. I want to compare the brilliance between h&a and brilliant!

Is this an example of a “flat” looking moissy? https://www.instagram.com/p/BixS_okH8w5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=9uepq6amiceh

These shots from MCO are what made me fall in love and really want a moissy...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhokr2UHmbx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14yzf5ig9jv4w

I love how shiny and sparkly it is lol I need to know how they get these shots

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I appreciate your willingness to share this info!

No problem! I’m one of those people that doesn’t care about quoting prices or talking about things like this, because that’s what we’re all here for; to help each other! Maybe that’s not PC...oh well!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if anyone’s bought a brilliant cut from these Chinese companies. I want to compare the brilliance between h&a and brilliant!

Is this an example of a “flat” looking moissy? https://www.instagram.com/p/BixS_okH8w5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=9uepq6amiceh

These shots from MCO are what made me fall in love and really want a moissy...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhokr2UHmbx/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=14yzf5ig9jv4w

I love how shiny and sparkly it is lol I need to know how they get these shots

There are lots of videos out there that make them look flat, almost like plastic. If you do research on the Amora Gem, it has more depth, like you’re looking into a pool of water. It’s hard to describe.

I’ve talked to several people that have compared different brands, and Amora wins every time. I’d say the August Vintage Ideal Round and Moissanite Co’s New AGS 000 are in the same ballpark. I just can’t afford those options right now. Lol

MoCo uses a light ring and probably a special lens to get those shots. They say they don’t, but you can see the reflection of the light in some of their videos. They’re a shady company IMO. Wedding Bee has LOTS of threads on them. Lol

ETA: Round brilliant is more splintery because of the facet pattern. Google the differences and there are a ton of videos. For Moissanite, I think H&A is more “believable” because it doesn’t have as much of the fire and rainbow flashes as the RB. Everyone has their own opinion about that though. I thought I wanted a RB until I ordered one from StarsGem. Nope. Returned it. I also heard great things about NEO (from vendors) and then I talked to people who actually purchased them. Again, flat and plasticky. And those are RB. So it all depends on the cut. There’s a reason why they have the saying “cut is king.”

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your rings all look lovely. I’ll be really interested if anyone gets OECs, I’d really like a pair of earrings.

I’m looking to get an OEC pendant after their holiday.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I got a quote to have Provence make this ring with YG and their synthetic rubies. I only asked for half eternity, but they didn't mention that in the quote so I don't know if the quote was for full eternity or half. In any case, I thought the price was pretty good. Has anyone looked at their ruby selection? I don't know a lot about rubies, but I thought they looked nice. I have seen a couple of folks on Reddit get rings from them with colored stones, and they turned out great. Also another question (which is unrelated)--anyone here have a Provence OEC?
18K-Rose-Gold-bezel-set-moissanite-wedding.jpg

Just curious if you ordered this? I’m thinking about asking for a quote to do it in a platinum...

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I did order it! But it was just as the break was starting, so I'm waiting to pay and then it will go into production when they get back. I didn't end up going with the rubies, just a 1/2 eternity with moissanites in 14k yellow gold. Interestingly, it was a tad more expensive to get it made with moissanites than rubies. I believe the total cost with shipping was around $250-ish.
Just curious if you ordered this? I’m thinking about asking for a quote to do it in a platinum...

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have to be honest. I know this company is new and I’ve read some conflicting things on other message boards about the quality of their moissanites and cuts.

However, their customer service (particularly Flora) has been really good and I can’t deny that. I’ve been messaging her on alibaba without expecting her to reply as they are on break, but she always gets back to me within 24 hours and sometimes within minutes. I am hoping she sends me a video of their marquise cut and OEC they have in stock. When she does, I will share and hopefully get some feedback. :saint:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Update: no OEC or Marquise. I have asked twice for Flora to send me real time photos for both and she keeps sending me a stock video. It’s not one of those grainy videos the vendors will send, but a commercial video they use on their website showing all the stones together. I assume this is due to a language barrier and lack of understanding. Either way, I think I will pass on buying. :cry: Oh well, I tried!

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
The same thing happened to me with the OEC. I was only able to get the commercial video. I agree a language barrier could be at play. I’m in the process of ordering a customized version of one of their stock items, though, and the communication has been very good. Hopefully you can figure out the marquise with another vendor! I ordered the OEC from Tianyu because I was too afraid to jump with Provence without that video.
Update: no OEC or Marquise. I have asked twice for Flora to send me real time photos for both and she keeps sending me a stock video. It’s not one of those grainy videos the vendors will send, but a commercial video they use on their website showing all the stones together. I assume this is due to a language barrier and lack of understanding. Either way, I think I will pass on buying. :cry: Oh well, I tried!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
The same thing happened to me with the OEC. I was only able to get the commercial video. I agree a language barrier could be at play. I’m in the process of ordering a customized version of one of their stock items, though, and the communication has been very good. Hopefully you can figure out the marquise with another vendor! I ordered the OEC from Tianyu because I was too afraid to jump with Provence without that video.
Yes, I wanted to give Provence a chance because their prices are competitive and the communication (other than asking for pictures) has been very good. But like you, I need a real time video or photo. I saw a photo of someone’s H&A on Weddingbee from Provence and unless the poster took bad photos, the color and cut looked awful on her moissy. I felt bad but I didn’t want to say anything.

I think I will just order a marquise from a North American vendor. It’s just too much of a risk to get a fancy cut through one of the Chinese vendors because they’re too busy focusing on perfecting their rounds (understandably). I have emailed August Vintage and he said he could make one for me when I’m ready to buy. Or get a lab diamond in that shape as it’s not a popular cut and the prices aren’t as bad as the rounds.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I wanted to give Provence a chance because their prices are competitive and the communication (other than asking for pictures) has been very good. But like you, I need a real time video or photo. I saw a photo of someone’s H&A on Weddingbee from Provence and unless the poster took bad photos, the color and cut looked awful on her moissy. I felt bad but I didn’t want to say anything.

I think I will just order a marquise from a North American vendor. It’s just too much of a risk to get a fancy cut through one of the Chinese vendors because they’re too busy focusing on perfecting their rounds (understandably). I have emailed August Vintage and he said he could make one for me when I’m ready to buy. Or get a lab diamond in that shape as it’s not a popular cut and the prices aren’t as bad as the rounds.
I did want to clarify that I've seen some amazing Provence stones and rings (like on this thread), so I'm not saying that they're all bad. That particular person may have just gotten a dud. Even then, I'd like to see a sample of what I'm going to get before I actually give them money and have them ship it out. :(2

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
I'm no expert but I am happy with my stone. My cellphone camera takes the worst pictures. My picture is not the best.

tonielle

Rough_Rock
I love my ring!

Btw @jrzgrl1119 I sent you a private message on reddit! I found professional photos of our rings from Provence

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
How long did it take you to get the CAD for your band? It’s been a over a week since I paid, and I kind of thought it would be faster with a stock item. I wasn’t even truly expecting a CAD until Flora mentioned it.
I heard about Provence Gems on Reddit and decided to check them out. I have been really happy with Tianyu but thought I’d try something different. This was a standard piece for them so I figured it would be a good one to start with.

I have a platinum diamond band to go with my platinum moissanite solitaire but didn’t have a stone band to go with the yellow gold one. Enter this ring!

My order was placed with Tina on 12/28 and arrived on 1/14. We first communicated via Alibaba chat but then moved to wechat. I paid via Alibaba which wasn’t difficult. With shipping, it was under $200 USD. I love it!

Have others purchased from Provence? I know one PSer is waiting for a finished ring.

970F237F-57C0-4B60-A0A6-4908621AE83A.jpeg 966DCC6C-573F-476D-B37C-E639430C888B.jpeg 92109AB1-7973-4D8F-997A-84AF4A91CE16.jpeg
2F9322BD-D36A-4D35-89A9-3B7635B38FA9.jpeg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How long did it take you to get the CAD for your band? It’s been a over a week since I paid, and I kind of thought it would be faster with a stock item. I wasn’t even truly expecting a CAD until Flora mentioned it.

I paid on December 28 and got a CAD on January 2. I was also surprised to get one on a stock item but I guess then there are no surprises about measurements.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I think I will probably just drop a line to say hello then...
I paid on December 28 and got a CAD on January 2. I was also surprised to get one on a stock item but I guess then there are no surprises about measurements.

1amaN00b

Rough_Rock
@bbk0885 following to see your band since it's very similar to what I want (open bezel)

1amaN00b

Rough_Rock
I just got a quote from Flora for the ring I want. Open bezel H&A stones DEF color 3mm, 2.5mm and 2 mm (6 stones total)

Seems a bit high to me:
18k white gold - $325
Platinum - $365

Thoughts?

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I’m not too sure! It seems maybe a bit more than what I was expecting based on the quote they gave me, but not *too* much more. Mine was only in 14k, so it wonder if that could account for some of the difference?
I just got a quote from Flora for the ring I want. Open bezel H&A stones DEF color 3mm, 2.5mm and 2 mm (6 stones total)

Seems a bit high to me:
18k white gold - $325
Platinum - $365

Thoughts?

1amaN00b

Rough_Rock
I’m not too sure! It seems maybe a bit more than what I was expecting based on the quote they gave me, but not *too* much more. Mine was only in 14k, so it wonder if that could account for some of the difference?

Im thinking I only asked for 6 stones as opposed to eternity so expect the price to be less. I'll just shop around for now.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Right, that is true, too. My quote was for a half eternity with 9 2mm stones in 14k. I would definitely say it makes sense to shop around and see what other vendors offer you.
Im thinking I only asked for 6 stones as opposed to eternity so expect the price to be less. I'll just shop around for now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results