shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

olivepickle

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am thinking of ordering a 14k baguette cut moissanite eternity band with 2x4mm stones. I was quoted $458. Does this seem like a fair price or kind of high?

Anyone ordered a baguette band from them?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ordered platinum jewelry from Provence?

not_nerdy

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ordered platinum jewelry from Provence?
I have a CAD for platinum from Provence right now (other thread) and will hopefully be getting it in a couple of weeks once I give them the green light.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I was quoted $225 for a half eternity of 2mm rounds in 14k. I didn’t get a quote on the full eternity, so I’m not sure, but I don’t think I would have expected it to be fully twice the price? This is just my gut feeling, though, so take it for what it’s worth. Maybe baguettes are more difficult or have to be custom cut?

I have not seen any baguette moissanites, but I know someone had a baguette band from Starsgem and wasn’t totally thrilled with it. I believe it’s on the first page of the Starsgem thread—you should take a look at that.
Hi! I am thinking of ordering a 14k baguette cut moissanite eternity band with 2x4mm stones. I was quoted $458. Does this seem like a fair price or kind of high?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a CAD for platinum from Provence right now (other thread) and will hopefully be getting it in a couple of weeks once I give them the green light.

I just asked for a quote - we’ll see!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got a quote for a 6.5 mm Tiffany style solitaire in platinum. It’s $110 less than the same ring in 14k yellow gold from Tianyu (I purchased it in December). Just in case anyone is interested..

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

I bought one from Starsgem and I assume the Provence one would be much the same. The band was well made but baguette moissanites have zero sparkle. They actually just looked like plastic so I would go with round or cushion’s if you want something worth that price.

olivepickle

Rough_Rock
I bought one from Starsgem and I assume the Provence one would be much the same. The band was well made but baguette moissanites have zero sparkle. They actually just looked like plastic so I would go with round or cushion’s if you want something worth that price.
Thank you!!! Ok I will go with rounds instead.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was quoted $225 for a half eternity of 2mm rounds in 14k. I didn’t get a quote on the full eternity, so I’m not sure, but I don’t think I would have expected it to be fully twice the price? This is just my gut feeling, though, so take it for what it’s worth. Maybe baguettes are more difficult or have to be custom cut?

I received a quote for a full eternity in this bezel band and it was $262 for a size 4 in 14k gold. I’m going with alternating moissanite and synthetic blue sapphire, though. I’m taking a risk as I haven’t seen the synthetic sapphire but gotta live on the edge, right?

I’m also getting the first ring I ordered from Provence (first post) in platinum. I just love the ring so much and wanted it in a white metal, too. That’s costing me $210.

I provided prices just in case anyone is curious.

I need to be done now! I told my husband last night that I’m going to quit Chinese Moissanite cold turkey. :P2

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I cannot wait to see your bezel band with the sapphires! And your platinum band. I love that design and have very much been considering ordering it in white gold if I like the first one from them. I approved the CAD on the bezel band about a week ago, but I’m not sure what the lead time is exactly. Hoping it will be done in the next week or so.
I received a quote for a full eternity in this bezel band and it was $262 for a size 4 in 14k gold. I’m going with alternating moissanite and synthetic blue sapphire, though. I’m taking a risk as I haven’t seen the synthetic sapphire but gotta live on the edge, right?

I’m also getting the first ring I ordered from Provence (first post) in platinum. I just love the ring so much and wanted it in a white metal, too. That’s costing me $210.

I provided prices just in case anyone is curious.

I need to be done now! I told my husband last night that I’m going to quit Chinese Moissanite cold turkey. :P2

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I cannot wait to see your bezel band with the sapphires! And your platinum band. I love that design and have very much been considering ordering it in white gold if I like the first one from them. I approved the CAD on the bezel band about a week ago, but I’m not sure what the lead time is exactly. Hoping it will be done in the next week or so.

Can’t wait to see yours! I had planned to wait to order until you’d received yours but...;)2

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Flora said my band is finished! I think it’s going to ship on Monday. Obviously I will share pics when I get it!
Can’t wait to see yours! I had planned to wait to order until you’d received yours but...;)2

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Well, it looks like Provence sent my band to the wrong address. In a totally different state. When the ring was done, I asked if they had my shipping information, but now I realize Flora thought I was asking for the tracking number. I should have asked specifically if they had my address. I don’t know where they got the address it got shipped to. Flora is going to look into it tomorrow, so we will see how it gets resolved. Meanwhile, I think someone in Scottsdale is going to be receiving it tomorrow... :/

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, it looks like Provence sent my band to the wrong address. In a totally different state. When the ring was done, I asked if they had my shipping information, but now I realize Flora thought I was asking for the tracking number. I should have asked specifically if they had my address. I don’t know where they got the address it got shipped to. Flora is going to look into it tomorrow, so we will see how it gets resolved. Meanwhile, I think someone in Scottsdale is going to be receiving it tomorrow... :/

No!!! That’s awful. :sick:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
That’s awful. I’m so sorry. Did you pay by PayPal? I’m hoping they try to make things right and give you a refund for all that trouble. :(

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
I didn’t. I’m not sure they do PayPal? I paid through Alibaba. I couldn’t remember if I had to put in my address when I registered with Alibaba like you do when you sign up with PayPal. Perhaps it’s partially my fault for not verifying, but I also feel like you should confirm he address with someone before you ship it. Tianyu has already done this, and they haven’t even finished my ring yet. Anyway, I’m HOPING they just gave me the wrong tracking number. It doesn’t seem like it would be that easy to change the address on the package at this point, and if they have to remake it, I will be a bit frustrated.
That’s awful. I’m so sorry. Did you pay by PayPal? I’m hoping they try to make things right and give you a refund for all that trouble. :(

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t. I’m not sure they do PayPal? I paid through Alibaba. I couldn’t remember if I had to put in my address when I registered with Alibaba like you do when you sign up with PayPal. Perhaps it’s partially my fault for not verifying, but I also feel like you should confirm he address with someone before you ship it. Tianyu has already done this, and they haven’t even finished my ring yet. Anyway, I’m HOPING they just gave me the wrong tracking number. It doesn’t seem like it would be that easy to change the address on the package at this point, and if they have to remake it, I will be a bit frustrated.

Not your fault!!!! Totally on them.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I didn't know they didn't take paypal. And I agree with lovedogs, it's not your fault. THEY should have confirmed with YOU before THEY shipped. It's their responsibility to keep track of that. Like you, Tianyu did it for me and Mona (fr. Starsgems) even confirmed my address before she shipped out my stones.

Please keep us posted. I'm hoping that they resolve it, but your experience is turning me off from Provence even more.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support! I will definitely update when I hear back from Flora. I hate to report this mishap because things really had gone pretty smoothly up until now. :/
Oh, I didn't know they didn't take paypal. And I agree with lovedogs, it's not your fault. THEY should have confirmed with YOU before THEY shipped. It's their responsibility to keep track of that. Like you, Tianyu did it for me and Mona (fr. Starsgems) even confirmed my address before she shipped out my stones.

Please keep us posted. I'm hoping that they resolve it, but your experience is turning me off from Provence even more.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
So, Flora did confirm the package was shipped to the wrong address. She said she contacted the shipping company to change the address. She sent me a new tracking number, but UPS is showing it isn’t valid, so I need to follow up on that. Meanwhile, the original tracking number is still saying the package is going to be delivered in Scottsdale, AZ today. I live in Missouri, for reference... :/

I am getting a little nervous at this point. The language barrier has also been a bit of a challenge trying to navigate this issue. I guess I’m going to give it another few days, and if I don’t see that it is actually headed my way, I’ll probably apply for a refund through Alibaba. I’m not sure what else I can do.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
So, Flora did confirm the package was shipped to the wrong address. She said she contacted the shipping company to change the address. She sent me a new tracking number, but UPS is showing it isn’t valid, so I need to follow up on that. Meanwhile, the original tracking number is still saying the package is going to be delivered in Scottsdale, AZ today. I live in Missouri, for reference... :/

I am getting a little nervous at this point. The language barrier has also been a bit of a challenge trying to navigate this issue. I guess I’m going to give it another few days, and if I don’t see that it is actually headed my way, I’ll probably apply for a refund through Alibaba. I’m not sure what else I can do.
That's a bummer. :(sad I think you're doing the right thing, though. I am hoping that Alibaba sides with you and you get a full refund for all the trouble you went through.

I would like to think that they all have proper bookkeeping and have a spreadsheet of everyone's information with the orders associated. I have a very difficult time understanding how she was able to switch addresses, especially when they're in completely different states!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I hope it works out. I will say that I find communication to be more difficult with Provence vs. Tianyu. But as I don’t speak Chinese, I expect there to be some. But Tianyu was easier.

Mailing to the wrong address just seems like a slip up, though, not a language issue. I sure hope they make it right and you get your item soon!!! This whole thing must be so frustrating.

bbk0885

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I hope it works out, too, one way or another. I don’t think the language barrier contributed to the shipping mistake, but some of the discussion around “what happened” and “can it be fixed” has been a little challenging. Not Flora’s fault of course, just makes it a little tougher to sort everything out.
I hope it works out. I will say that I find communication to be more difficult with Provence vs. Tianyu. But as I don’t speak Chinese, I expect there to be some. But Tianyu was easier.

Mailing to the wrong address just seems like a slip up, though, not a language issue. I sure hope they make it right and you get your item soon!!! This whole thing must be so frustrating.

LittlePhi

Rough_Rock
Provence looked very good to me too! Since they have such competitive pricing I contacted them. They seem to be able to do nearly anything, but the one thing they don't do is silver! It's likely because at that point the work put in just isn't worth it for what they can get for silver gems. It's too bad because that would have been a fantastic budget option to still get something unique.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Was anyone stalked by Provence after initial communication? :shock: I asked for a price and got a response from Tina. She’s asked me to talk to her on WhatsApp twice, keeps sending me pics, asking me if I’m ready to buy WHEN I ALREADY TOLD HER NOT YET, and this was last night. Now she’s messaging me tonight wanting to know if I want a loose stone. :confused2: I told her last night I wasn’t ready to place the order, and she said “Are you worried about something? You can tell me.” And then I explained it would be an anniversary gift and I needed to speak to my husband. Her response was “Wow.” Then she basically told me if I didn’t order now the price would be higher later, and I told her I understood.

I’m probably reading too much into it because of the language barrier, but geez. I’m laughing about it but she is blowing my Alibaba Messenger up! :lol:

baileydare16

Shiny_Rock
Was anyone stalked by Provence after initial communication? :shock: I asked for a price and got a response from Tina. She’s asked me to talk to her on WhatsApp twice, keeps sending me pics, asking me if I’m ready to buy WHEN I ALREADY TOLD HER NOT YET, and this was last night. Now she’s messaging me tonight wanting to know if I want a loose stone. :confused2: I told her last night I wasn’t ready to place the order, and she said “Are you worried about something? You can tell me.” And then I explained it would be an anniversary gift and I needed to speak to my husband. Her response was “Wow.” Then she basically told me if I didn’t order now the price would be higher later, and I told her I understood.

I’m probably reading too much into it because of the language barrier, but geez. I’m laughing about it but she is blowing my Alibaba Messenger up! :lol:
Omg i had this exact same experience with flora! I messaged a month ago to get a quote but ultimately went with SG. Flora kept messaging me repeatedly asking if i wanted to buy and asking where i went. I didnt open or read them but she finally stopped sending me messages a week ago.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, this happened with me and Flora, although not to the same degree as your communications with Tina. :shock:

Provence must be really desperate to meet a quota or something. :lol:

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I think you ladies are right. If more than one rep is doing it, they’re obviously being told to.

She kept bothering me last night and finally I said “I don’t have the money right now.” And she tells me she can do it in 10k with a smaller stone and “It won’t cost that much money.” :x2 The funny thing is, she already quoted me in 10k. I was polite and told her I would save until I could get what I wanted. I thanked her for her help and that was the end of it.

I’m gonna do what @baileydare16 did and just stop opening or responding to them. I’ll be going with SG anyway. :P2

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yep! Tina asks me a lot of I want another ring. I usually ignore her. I’m waiting for my second order from her which will be the last for a while but I expect the messages to continue. I agree that it must be a company sales strategy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results