shape
carat
color
clarity

Protests To Trump's Anthem Slurs Grow To Nationwide Rebuke

plad25

Shiny_Rock
As one of the obvious few football fans in
this thread who's been a fan & watched my favorite sport for decades... I respectfully disagree. It absolutely is also about us. We're the ones funding them after all so I think our opinions count just as much as yours. I for one have tuned out all NFL games except the Pats in my home & I'll tune in after kickoff. I used to watch all day Sunday pretty much, Monday night, Thurs night. I've gone to countless games, spent a small fortune on merchandise but not anymore. Hopefully once their ratings go down they'll adjust. Boston sports teams just got together to fight racism which I applaud. Again, insulting 1/2 your fan base (justified or not) is not smart business. I'll spend my time & $ how I see fit. My friends who served & are all upset - that's what upsets me whether anyone else thinks they're justified or not - they are entitled to their feelings & opinions too. And don't confuse boycotting the NFL with being racist, they are far from it.

And don't confuse legal, peaceful protest with being unpatriotic, they are far from it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fixing typos :( sorry about that - age and not proofing. the parts in red are the corrected words adding NOT and fixing be to BET. sorry!

That is your right. I am a football fan, a Jets fan in NE, tough. I have bought myself and my sons new shirts! not a Pat fan at all after the Brady fiasco. I applaud any peaceful way to fight racism. My brother who served supports the players, two of my best buds from high school who served in Viet Nam seeing great (biggly ;-) ) action are on the forefront in their respective NY towns supporting the the players who take a knee.

After spending time in Texas - 17 years - and hearing from people: "I'm Texan first" (which I found very very insulting to our country) and hearing "leave our guns alone" ad infinitum, I watched an hour long procession of a funeral of a cop who was killed by a drug crazed computer programmer at the Walmart up the street from my job, vets from my job outside standing at attention saluting as though this cop doing his job was a hero. The FLAG! the flag everywhere, we are talking BIGLY flags, I started to feel (and so did my hubster) that the right had absconded with my flag, the flag has become a weapon of the right. I am patriotic, but I don't feel a police officer who was killed by a drug crazed idiot deserves a funeral fit for a national hero. I just don't. We have elevated cops and firefighters to a superior status, super hero, when in fact they are doing their job. When my husband and I walk around our subdivision or just about anywhere, we see a huge flag and we say - in unison - Trump voter. The flag is a symbol. The black players do not feel a part of that symbolism, they did not emigrate here, their forebears (most of them) were brought here against their will, and to this day they are not treated equally. So I'm sorry you and your friends (vets etc) don't like how the black players feel, but I would bet my whole retirement savings on this: If you were black you would feel similar.

I'd like to see a more unified America, I'd really like to see a land of opportunity for all, but it's not going to happen in my life.

I'm just glad my father (11 battlestars WWII) isn't alive to see the hate from the right out in full force in America, the one he fought for - kamikaze pilots coming at him. Holding one of his hometown friends in his arms as he died.. that is what a hero is.

plad25

Shiny_Rock
I want to thank MollyMalone and others that shared their stories of injustices. People are not treated equally and THIS is what we should be talking about and the original intent of the protest. Spark conversation and raise awareness of the issue to hopefully affect change.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
As one of the obvious few football fans in
this thread who's been a fan & watched my favorite sport for decades.
.. I respectfully disagree. It absolutely is also about us. We're the ones funding them after all so I think our opinions count just as much as yours. I for one have tuned out all NFL games except the Pats in my home & I'll tune in after kickoff. I used to watch all day Sunday pretty much, Monday night, Thurs night. I've gone to countless games, spent a small fortune on merchandise but not anymore. Hopefully once their ratings go down they'll adjust. Boston sports teams just got together to fight racism which I applaud. Again, insulting 1/2 your fan base (justified or not) is not smart business. I'll spend my time & $ how I see fit. My friends who served & are all upset - that's what upsets me whether anyone else thinks they're justified or not - they are entitled to their feelings & opinions too. And don't confuse boycotting the NFL with being racist, they are far from it.

49ers fan here. :wavey:have been watching for years.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what CK should be doing.

march-on-washington-banner.jpg

afd48538034bfd3d97bcf2caf9580f5bbe654a7c.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a group of black people were to organize like this today they would be run out of town by polo shirt wearing white supremacists wielding tikki torches with the permission currently being granted by the Supremacists in Chief. And then all of their Facebook accounts would be demanded so they could be tracked down and prosecuted for some bogus made up infraction.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If a group of black people were to organize like this today they would be run out of town by polo shirt wearing white supremacists wielding tikki torches with the permission currently being granted by the Supremacists in Chief. And then all of their Facebook accounts would be demanded so they could be tracked down and prosecuted for some bogus made up infraction.

I don't believe that is true at all. I have faith in humanity despite what I have seen.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disagree with that statement.. Don't forget we elected a AA Prez. just 8 yrs ago.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time for me to take another dose of Fukitol™

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time for me to take another dose of Fukitol™

I had a double dose earlier with the muscle relaxers. It's most effective with a goldfish bowl of prosecco but I don't want to risk having to get off the couch to pee in this condition so I'm skipping that part. Have a nice manhattan for me tonight Matata!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's most effective with a goldfish bowl of prosecco but I don't want to risk having to get off the couch to pee in this condition so I'm skipping that part.
To pee or to inebriate, the mother of moral dilemmas :kiss2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She'll probably add you to her A$$hole Club. I think I'm the first member so I'm more special than you :mrgreen2:
You're so sweet.:mrgreen2:

We're in each other's club aren't we?

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree if a group of Black Americans did this Fox, Town Caller, Brietbart etc would be all over it. Popping up in Facebook feeds would be memes and pictures of how great blacks have it today and worse (probably russian paid). That America in the 60s? gone. When White Americans cannot understand what white privilege is I wouldn't expect them to support something like DF's old picture.

I don't believe that is true at all. I have faith in humanity despite what I have seen.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ignorant person is ignorant
:roll:
(Funny enough the same one who thinks reporters getting lynched is funny 'it's just a joke guyyyzz')
Props to all you more patient (and less sweary) than I.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I disagree if a group of Black Americans did this Fox, Town Caller, Brietbart etc would be all over it. Popping up in Facebook feeds would be memes and pictures of how great blacks have it today and worse (probably russian paid). That America in the 60s? gone. When White Americans cannot understand what white privilege is I wouldn't expect them to support something like DF's old picture.

Most Americans would probably agree that they have it better today than in the 60's. Which does not mean that there are not problems. Not the same thing at all.

I don't know about the media you speak of because I don't watch them, except Fox.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She'll probably add you to her A$$hole Club. I think I'm the first member so I'm more special than you :mrgreen2:
i think I'm there already haha. But you are def more special :kiss2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if you compare the minimum wage in 1960 to today they are basically identical (or pretty close) so it's sort of a wash there BUT it's true that for many people life in better today in acceptance and in their ability to get a good education. Flying is cheaper. But life for blacks just went under ground. Hopefully things will become better when and if Trump leaves in 2020.

Most Americans would probably agree that they have it better today than in the 60's. Which does not mean that there are not problems. Not the same thing at all.

I don't know about the media you speak of because I don't watch them, except Fox.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If most American's feel they have it better now than they did in 1960, why is your President trying to take the country back to 1960?

I watched the movie "The Help" with a 26 year old neighbor when it was playing in theaters. When we were driving home she asked me if that was what really happened in the early 60's. When I said yes, she said it made her feel ashamed to be white. Here we are all these years later and one of the biggest racists In our country is the President. SAD

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results