shape
carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you can see, the above are both the same size, but here are some screen caps of what my edit screen looked like.

Screenshot_20191015-222201_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191015-222229_Chrome.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now if you want them to show up smaller, you just upload the file and DO NOT hit either the full size or thumbnail and you get this result.

It appears they are a true "attachment" and I like the pop up screen that happens when you click on them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191015-074559_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191015-074559_Chrome.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 58

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @sledge I will try that here and see how it goes when I hit ‘post reply’. Separately, dear God please put that device on a charger! I see the battery life dwindling down, and we can’t afford to have you not able to test/post things. :lol:

AHHH, it worked! Thank you! :appl:

Attachments

• EB6CBB95-D3AA-44A3-A9DD-B39FBDA6FDD1.jpeg
    EB6CBB95-D3AA-44A3-A9DD-B39FBDA6FDD1.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 61

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@psadmin My phone is a OnePlus 6T and it's using OxygenOS 9.0.17.

I'm going to use @the_mother_thing's post because those pictures are obscenely beautiful oh my gosh! :kiss2:

Sorry if this specific question/issue has already been posted, but a few pics I posted showed up really large, so I went back and changed them to ‘thumbnails’ while still in my edit window; yet, they still showed up large. Gonna test this again in here now so see if it still happens and/or show what I am seeing.

94C0DFA0-D1B7-4178-8030-0EDDF56DEBF7.jpeg

94C0DFA0-D1B7-4178-8030-0EDDF56DEBF7.jpeg

Ok interesting I can't screen shot it. When I screen shot it the keyboard disappears to do the screen shot, and it takes me to the place it jumps to even when the keyboard is there, if that makes sense. So it's like when when I click into the text box, the text disappears under the place where my keyboard is - like it doesn't realise my keyboard is there?

It's really annoying, as the last post is a picture I keep clicking on the picture instead when it jumps me up and then trying to get out of it, it takes me too far back and then I lose my post I'm trying to write. :lol-2: Thank god that these boxes save a draft! :lol-2:

Last edited:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to edit that... Wow edit and delete are close together! :oops2:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@psadmin My phone is a OnePlus 6T and it's using OxygenOS 9.0.17.

@psadmin it appears this is an Android phone based on Android Pie (Android OS 9).

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Still working on the images. Hope to resolve it soon.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
If everything goes well the images will work the same as before the update.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Apologies - this may have been covered but I must dash out the door right now and I keep forgetting to ask so I thought I'd post before I forget again... :lol:

Is there a way to choose mobile or desktop versions of the site?

I can read the mobile version on my mobile phone (which it seems to default to??) but there isn't, say, a dropdown box at the bottom of the forum where one can choose the version!

I mainly ask because my ancient phone won't load the reply box (either the quick reply box or the dedicated reply page) so I can't post on the phone :( lol

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Apologies - this may have been covered but I must dash out the door right now and I keep forgetting to ask so I thought I'd post before I forget again... :lol:

I can read the mobile version on my mobile phone (which it seems to default to??) but there isn't, say, a dropdown box at the bottom of the forum where one can choose the version!

I mainly ask because my ancient phone won't load the reply box (either the quick reply box or the dedicated reply page) so I can't post on the phone :( lol

If using Chrome on your mobile, click the 3 dots on the upper right and click the box that says desktop version.

Not exactly what you want, but a temp solution. ;)2

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hello!

What phone are you using?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL @the_mother_thing.

Who knew people would get so crazy about smilies. Jumping between devices quite a bit, on the bottom is my preference. But I'm going to keep saying it would be nice to leave where they are and make the area by My Favorites user customisable so myself and others like @Dancing Fire can put where we like and arrange that area to our own tastes.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If using Chrome on your mobile, click the 3 dots on the upper right and click the box that says desktop version.

Not exactly what you want, but a temp solution. ;)2
Thank you, kind sir! Will see if I have the dots :) lol

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An ancient Nokia thing running a Linux OS :lol:

Haha, I bet you still have the snake game and Fur Elise ringtone. :lol::lol:

Actually, probably a N900 or similar?

I am curious what lead you to that phone and OS, if you don't mind sharing.

Thank you, kind sir! Will see if I have the dots :) lol

You're welcome. Been awhile since I dabbled in Linux. I know you can install a desktop version of Chrome in various Linux distros. Just not sure about the mobile aspect.

Let me know if it worked!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Haha. It is all good. I enjoy the laughs.

Smiles might be here on Monday!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When did you make this your profile picture?!

:lol: :lol: I was testing/playing with it a little bit ago, but it didn’t appear to ‘take’. Now, some time later, there it is!

I think something weird it going on. :think: I have issues with the HCA, now this way-delayed av change finally showing up ... strange.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: :lol: I was testing/playing with it a little bit ago, but it didn’t appear to ‘take’. Now, some time later, there it is!

I think something weird it going on. :think: I have issues with the HCA, now this way-delayed av change finally showing up ... strange.
I think you should leave it like this :lol-2:

Good to know you can use gifs as profile pics...

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thats what I was testing ... to see if we could. ;-)

Sorry, we added caching to avatars to speed up page loads. So it may take time to update when making changes. We are still testing the caching timeframes.

Please be patient when making avatar changes.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, we added caching to avatars to speed up page loads. So it may take time to update when making changes. We are still testing the caching timeframes.

Please be patient when making avatar changes.
Oh it’s totally okay ... thank you! :wavey:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure if this is the best place to post this question, so please advise if I should move it elsewhere.

When I check the privacy settings on my account, I have unticked the ‘show online status’ and ‘show current activity’ boxes, which I thought meant that those details were therefore hidden from public view. When I click on my avatar (by the blank box at the top of a forum to open a new thread, say), the pop up box includes details of which page I was last seen viewing. Is this showing because I’m logged in as me (obviously!) and hence have full access to my own history despite my public account settings, or is this info showing publically despite my account settings?

Here’s a screen shot I took just after posting this comment to show what I mean. Shouldn’t the 2 last seen details boxes be blank given my account settings? Or am I being a muppet?!
A9EDBC18-4D75-4C4B-8694-05BEF26DFCF0.jpeg

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo, I see this:

Screenshot_20191020-105933.jpg

I haven't dug deeper but that looks reassuring?
Thanks @Lykame ! It must just be showing as I’m in my account. I only thought to re-check my settings after Mrs_B’s recent post on seeing historical threads - I love and have no issue with showing past threads/comments but don’t like the thought of leaving a live trail for some reason.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results