shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Presenting my 3.724ct Whiteflash ACA in modified VC Emilya Halo!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Blingalingaling! Capturing the arrows is incredibly challenging... I gave up trying in the end. Wasn't worth my sanity... :lol-2:
You did an awesome job!!! Your photos are fantastic and your ring...just perfect in every possible way!!! Enjoy it and wear it well!!! :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning! It’s perfect in every way and looks beautiful on your long finger! I am at a loss for words it is so gorgeous really...:love:
And your pup, well, Olaf is adorable. Reminds me of my apricot poodle’s color. So sweet and gentle he must be to allow you to rest your ring and take a pic!
Congratulations

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I asked for mine to be made with a 2-2.2mm band and I think it’s a 2.1mm band. The matching pave band is 2.1mm as well. I actually like a more substantial look. When I tried on Ritani halos then shanks were 1.8mm and they felt too thin between my fingers. On me rings spin less with a more substantial band.

Isn’t it interesting how these days, a 2.1mm band should be considered “substantial” or “wide”? I wonder if this is a PS view or a universal one?

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Aww....I completely understand about work not being conducive to wearing your beautiful ring :(2. Hopefully you have something you love to wear on a daily basis and then you will always have your gorgeous ring to pull out for when you want to feel extra special =)2.

For the time being, I’m getting my fix by wearing it at home in the evenings. My boyfriend is so easy going and amazing that he wants to see me enjoy it now, despite the fact that he hasn’t even proposed yet. He goes one step further and in fact has been encouraging me to wear it (at home). :lol:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
pb221355-jpg.660903

:love::appl:

Thanks @Ellen. This is definitely amongst my favorite pics, as you can really see the details of the setting in a magnified fashion. It helps to give a real appreciation for the level of detail and precision that went into the micro pave . :kiss2:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning! It’s perfect in every way and looks beautiful on your long finger! I am at a loss for words it is so gorgeous really...:love:
And your pup, well, Olaf is adorable. Reminds me of my apricot poodle’s color. So sweet and gentle he must be to allow you to rest your ring and take a pic!
Congratulations

Thanks @Sandeek for the compliments :mrgreen2:

As for Olaf, I wish he were sweet and gentle... unfortunately, he is temperamental and unpredictable. And that’s putting it kindly... :(2

But I’m a sucker and I love him anyways :kiss2:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Ohmy lordy!!! WOW.. COngrats!!! woo hoo!!! cant wait for hte actual day! LOL

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Ellen. This is definitely amongst my favorite pics, as you can really see the details of the setting in a magnified fashion. It helps to give a real appreciation for the level of detail and precision that went into the micro pave . :kiss2:
Not only does it give off the detail of the setting, it's just so "soft", in lighting, setting and color. Beautiful. Honestly, I think for me, it's one of the prettiest pics I've seen on here.
Uhhuh.gif

MZSushi

Rough_Rock
Isn’t it interesting how these days, a 2.1mm band should be considered “substantial” or “wide”? I wonder if this is a PS view or a universal one?
Ahahaha that’s true! I keep seeing pave bands that are thinner and thinner and while it looks pretty in pictures, I don’t like the feel on my fingers. I guess going so thin allows for more rings to fit to “stack” but I have a short finger lol, and not much space to my knuckle and even 3 rings looks weird on me I think.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Ohmy lordy!!! WOW.. COngrats!!! woo hoo!!! cant wait for hte actual day! LOL

Awe, thanks @gregchang35. Funny enough, now that I have the ring on my finger (albeit only in the privacy of our home since he hasn’t yet proposed), I feel no sense of urgency whatsoever. lol. My finger is adorned, and thus, I am happy. :lol:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Not only does it give off the detail of the setting, it's just so "soft", in lighting, setting and color. Beautiful. Honestly, I think for me, it's one of the prettiest pics I've seen on here.
Uhhuh.gif

Oh my. That’s a superb compliment, especially given that you’ve been a member for almost 13 years now! Thank you so much! I am most flattered and humbled. =)2

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a stunner, congratulations!:dance: The paw shots are too cute for words!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ice empress Your ring is absolutely STUNNING! Not only did the stone turn out more than 3.65, you got an extra 0.1mm with 60.6 depth! It is super rare to hit the 10mm mark with a 3.72ct! :love::love::love:
Did you ask VC to set the arrows in the N/S orientation? Or is VC setting it this way by default now? I remember there was an old thread discussing this topic.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
@ice empress Your ring is absolutely STUNNING! Not only did the stone turn out more than 3.65, you got an extra 0.1mm with 60.6 depth! It is super rare to hit the 10mm mark with a 3.72ct! :love::love::love:
Did you ask VC to set the arrows in the N/S orientation? Or is VC setting it this way by default now? I remember there was an old thread discussing this topic.

Thanks so much @CareBear :mrgreen2:

I wasn’t even trying to aim for 10+mm specifically, so it really came as a nice surprise when the stone was cut, measured, and revealed.

I didn’t ask VC to orient the arrows N/S. That was on his own accord. In retrospect, if he had set it any other way, I think it would have really bothered me, as I’m quite the stickler for symmetry and balance, and can become hyperaware and hypersensitive to details that seem off.

Did he used to do it some other way? Randomly or consistently?

My only request to him for orientation was that the AGS laser inscription on the girdle remain visible and exposed (rather than be hidden under a prong). He said this was usually his standard practice anyways, so I didn’t request anything more.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn’t ask VC to orient the arrows N/S. That was on his own accord. In retrospect, if he had set it any other way, I think it would have really bothered me, as I’m quite the stickler for symmetry and balance, and can become hyperaware and hypersensitive to details that seem off.

Did he used to do it some other way? Randomly or consistently?
Here is the thread that VC started earlier this year, discussing this topic.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-friends-set-their-diamond-off-center.239845/
Interesting, because back in 2011, VC used to set it E/W.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/

I really like the N/S orientation for 4 prong settings!

Last edited:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Here is the thread that VC started earlier this year, discussing this topic.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-friends-set-their-diamond-off-center.239845/
Interesting, because back in 2011, VC used to set it E/W.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-halo-ring-my-forever-setting-finally.164262/

I really like the N/S orientation for 4 prong settings!

Thanks for posting these links. I can see how some people might prefer not to have the arrows obscured by the prongs, but for me, durability and safety will always trump such a subtle detail.

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! ANd you take such beautiful photos! A huge congratulations.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! ANd you take such beautiful photos! A huge congratulations.

Thank you @Donnass117!

Taking the photos was lots of fun! It also gave me a better appreciation for the precision of detail and quality of craftsmanship that went into the setting.

I might experiment with a few more backgrounds but am running out of ideas. All I have left is flowers/bouquets and maybe a few books.

Any other suggestions?

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GASP! This is absolutely AMAZING!!! Doesn't get better than this beauty! The center stone is such a fantastic ball of bright white glory and the setting is perfection. The ring looks fantastic on your hand too. congrats and thanks for sharing. I love that little statue btw and you took some really great pics :)

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
GASP! This is absolutely AMAZING!!! Doesn't get better than this beauty! The center stone is such a fantastic ball of bright white glory and the setting is perfection. The ring looks fantastic on your hand too. congrats and thanks for sharing. I love that little statue btw and you took some really great pics :)

Thanks so much @goldenfire! I discovered yesterday that standing in front of a lighted Christmas tree gives off great scintillation! :mrgreen2:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW! What a drop dead gorgeous stunner! Congratulations!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results