shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Presenting my 3.724ct Whiteflash ACA in modified VC Emilya Halo!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Hello lovely ladies and gentlemen!

Allow me to introduce my soon-to-be engagement ring!

Center stone overview:
- Custom-cut Whiteflash 3.724ct G VS2 ACA
- Measurements: 10.03 x 10.07 x 6.09mm
- Cut grade, light performance, polish, symmetry: AGS Ideal 0
- Table 56.7%, Depth 60.6%, Crown 34.4°, Pavilion 40.8°
- HCA: 1.1

VC setting:
- Emilya halo with flush-fit stems (i.e. no donut) and cathedral band modifications
- 5.5 size ring on a 5.125-5.25 size finger

I just love everything about this ring!

The ACA center stone is absolutely ice-white and has such brilliance and fire! I am so mesmerized by its different personalities in various light settings... she basically looks spectacular in all environments! I can't wait to wear her out in public... and not just enjoy her beauty in the privacy of our home. lol.

The VC modified Emilya is executed to such absolute perfection. The setting is so delicate and elegant, and the halo defines and compliments the centre stone rather than overwhelms it. Victor has outdone himself yet again!

Now on to the pictures!!

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhhhh! It sounds amazing! :love:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Okay this is extremely exciting!!! I am meant to be going to bed but I may spend a bit of time clicking refresh!!!

Congratulations on receiving your ring, you've had a long wait so I'm delighted that it's arrived and that you sound so happy with it - even if you are still pending proposal!!!!!!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I know you're not technically engaged yet... but... hand shots?! :pray: And also side profile pictures!!! I'm almost certainly being too premature as you're only just posting these, so I suspect you're about to post them... but still...! Impatient me. :appl:Oooh oooh, and pretty please may you do a video!!! :Up_to_something:

Gosh, wow, holy moley. I don't know where to start! The central stone looks absolutely amazing, and the setting looks to have absolutely supreme craftsmanship!!! You must have hearts coming out of your eyes at that beauty!!! Awesome photography as well, very impressive.

Are you going to name it? A lot of people on here name their rings...

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congratulations!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
And now for a few obligatory hand shots..

C85198EE-2873-4264-9D8C-4A1DEB283F5D.jpeg

DA4DAEDC-BF6E-4B81-9B90-ACBBDE958043.jpeg

C65F60F3-B098-4FA1-922A-12301B16E9CF.jpeg

38B75D3C-E4CA-4B59-A097-72C5EBBF75F2.jpeg

EAF50DA8-DB07-4659-8671-8DB8FDE5735F.jpeg

B37A76F3-6B9F-45BB-884B-ECE949A8CFD3.jpeg

Attachments

• B281844F-A471-4CFE-BDD7-09F7D9BD048C.jpeg
    B281844F-A471-4CFE-BDD7-09F7D9BD048C.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 60
  • 600EF0E3-7E69-4360-86C8-0E68D28E372E.jpeg
    600EF0E3-7E69-4360-86C8-0E68D28E372E.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 54
  • C2912016-4EBD-4A3D-9638-03D44F6F4B4A.jpeg
    C2912016-4EBD-4A3D-9638-03D44F6F4B4A.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 58

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it's HUUUUGE! And you're so slim and have such long fingers... it looks amazing on you! Wow!!! Honestly it's so proportionate on you it's lovely. Congratulations.

Such a beautiful setting and you'll be able to have a band flush against it. You must be beside yourself with joy over this ring! Wow. How do you feel about it in comparison to your 2 carat E? You've had various concerns along the way to do with appropriate size etc... how are you feeling about all of those things too?

Awww it's just wonderful, very delighted for you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's gorgeous. congratulations.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Also it deserve its own post - your doggy is doing a beautiful photobomb in the background! He or She? He or she looks to be really enjoying something tasty and delicious!!! I really really really love dogs! Would love to know a little bit about your doggy if you're willing to share? I don't recommend trying to do a photoshoot with your dog and ring though, you can never get doggies to have pills, but things like cheese... and diamond rings... that would be a problem!!!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I know you're not technically engaged yet... but... hand shots?! :pray: And also side profile pictures!!! I'm almost certainly being too premature as you're only just posting these, so I suspect you're about to post them... but still...! Impatient me. :appl:Oooh oooh, and pretty please may you do a video!!! :Up_to_something:

Gosh, wow, holy moley. I don't know where to start! The central stone looks absolutely amazing, and the setting looks to have absolutely supreme craftsmanship!!! You must have hearts coming out of your eyes at that beauty!!! Awesome photography as well, very impressive.

Are you going to name it? A lot of people on here name their rings...

Thank you @Lykame for your kind words. I had a suspicion you/others would ask for hand shots, and so I was sure to follow with a barrage more.

I never thought to name her... I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Any suggestions?

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Lykame for your kind words. I had a suspicion you/others would ask for hand shots, and so I was sure to follow with a barrage more.

I never thought to name her... I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Any suggestions?

That was awesome foresight of you. :D

It would have to be a name with a meaning that was close to your heart. So you might choose a location name, or you might decide to give your ring a gender and then choose either a male or female name that meant something close to your heart, or close to a way of viewing the world you have. Some people name their rings a word based on the colour of the diamond. Until you have that narrowed down a bit it would be difficult for me at least to make any specific suggestions. :mrgreen2:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Wow it's HUUUUGE! And you're so slim and have such long fingers... it looks amazing on you! Wow!!! Honestly it's so proportionate on you it's lovely. Congratulations.

Such a beautiful setting and you'll be able to have a band flush against it. You must be beside yourself with joy over this ring! Wow. How do you feel about it in comparison to your 2 carat E? You've had various concerns along the way to do with appropriate size etc... how are you feeling about all of those things too?

Awww it's just wonderful, very delighted for you.

@Lykame you are just too sweet! There is no hint of colour at all to my eyes, even from the side.

Regarding size, it actually isn't as big as I thought it would be, and I don't think I will feel in the least bit uncomfortable wearing it out in public (my original concern). We shall see... Keep in mind that the pictures being 2D and magnified make the rings appear larger than IRL.

Prior to deciding on the size, I tried on various halos from not only brick and mortar stores, but also from Tiffany's, Cartier, and Harry Winston, and it's obvious to me now that their halos must have been chunkier/wider than VC's and/or their stones set higher. In fact, in doing a side-by-side comparison of the photos I had taken in those stores, their 3 carat halo MRBs appear to have almost the same overall width as my 3.724ct halo MRB... had I known this, I would have probably chosen to go a little larger still... I had chosen the 3.6+ size assuming that the final width/ring would appear larger than the 3 carat ones I was trying on in store. Anyhow....

Last edited:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
That was awesome foresight of you. :D

It would have to be a name with a meaning that was close to your heart. So you might choose a location name, or you might decide to give your ring a gender and then choose either a male or female name that meant something close to your heart, or close to a way of viewing the world you have. Some people name their rings a word based on the colour of the diamond. Until you have that narrowed down a bit it would be difficult for me at least to make any specific suggestions. :mrgreen2:

I'll give this some thought. It would indeed be fun to have a name for her.

Now off to bed you go... so you don't resent me tomorrow when you're nodding off. lol

But before you go... one more thing...

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
My pup is a beautiful/stubborn/strong-tempered/intelligent 4 year old cockapoo named Olaf.

He's a rescue who I adopted at the young age of 3 months, after he had been surrendered by a puppy mill for having puppy strangles (juvenile pyoderma). He thereafter contracted parvovirus and spent a month in quarantine at the animal hospital. Since then, he has been bomb-proof! Nothing phases him, and he is as strong as an ox.

I couldn't help but take a few photos with him and the ring!

It was a scary affair though... indeed, he usually holds the pose with a treat on his snout, then shoots his nose up upon hearing "ok" to snap the treat in his mouth!!

PB180995.JPG

PB181001.JPG

PB181003.JPG

Attachments

• PB180993.JPG
    PB180993.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 30

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my.... what a stunning ring! It looks so amazing on your delicate hands. Congratulations on your new masterpiece and impending engagement!!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My pup is a beautiful/stubborn/strong-tempered/intelligent 4 year old cockapoo named Olaf.

He's a rescue who I adopted at the young age of 3 months, after he had been surrendered by a puppy mill for having puppy strangles (juvenile pyoderma). He thereafter contracted parvovirus and spent a month in quarantine at the animal hospital. Since then, he has been bomb-proof! Nothing phases him, and he is as strong as an ox.

It was a scary affair though... indeed, he usually holds the pose with a treat on his snout, then shoots his nose up upon hearing "ok" to snap the treat in his mouth!!

PB180995.JPG

PB181001.JPG

PB181003.JPG

Olaf is adorable! He makes an excellent ring bearer too. :P2

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Oh my.... what a stunning ring! It looks so amazing on your delicate hands. Congratulations on your new masterpiece and impending engagement!!

Thank you so much @stonewell!

The engagement is pending my BF asking my parents for my hand in marriage... since they live in a different city, it will have to wait until after Christmas.

:eek2:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock

PB180995.JPG

PB181001.JPG

PB181003.JPG

Oh, Olaf! Those photos are hilarious! He is so so gorgeous and so fluffy! Look at those eyes and those feet! :love: That first one, oh my god, you are so brave! I hope there was an alternative treat for him! :lol::lol::lol: Could you imagine...! :eek2: Actually I could... That would be a lot of poo duty! :lol::lol::lol:

Aw honestly he is beautiful, and isn't he lucky to have been rescued! I feel like one of those should be your new avatar... :kiss2:

Thank you for sharing, I will sleep dreaming of diamonds and puppies. :roll2::sleep:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
awwwww puppy! AND HOLY BLING! Can't decide which I'm more excited about--the dog or the ring. It's a close call!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @stonewell!

The engagement is pending my BF asking my parents for my hand in marriage... since they live in a different city, it will have to wait until after Christmas.

:eek2:

After Christmas?! You’re a far more patient woman than me... I’d be booking his travel arrangements to go there next week. :lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is GORGEOUS!!!:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

And HUGE!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results