shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Presenting my 3.724ct Whiteflash ACA in modified VC Emilya Halo!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ice empress WOW! Just wow! Your ring is beyond stunning!! The diamond, the setting, the band, theway that it looks on you - so, so breathtakingly gorgeous!! Congratulations!:love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is sooooo absolutely jaw dropping!!! :love::love::love: Nothing like an icy white stone in an impeccably executed halo!!! It looks incredibly gorgeous and classic and huge! It's even making me wonder if I should halo Stellla!

And your pup is just the cutest, as well!! :kiss2:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s spectacular!!! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time to put this thread aside for a moment... work beckons. sigh. :lol-2:

How in the world are you going to be able to focus on work with this beauty on your finger? :P2 It's stunning, could not look more beautiful on your hand, diamond and setting are the perfect combination! Congrats!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pb211244-jpg.660906

OH. MY. G-D. THIS!!! <3

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Love the puppy too! I think the ring is perfect and looks amazing on your hand. VC does beautiful work and his proportions are spot on.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like a dream :roll2:. What a stunner of a stone and ring, I'm sure you are dying to wear her permanently!!!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is absolutely stunning and Olaf is a real cutie!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is spectacular!! Gorgeous stone and setting. And your hands are jewels too. So slim and elegant.

Congrats with your ring (and super cute dog) and enjoy wearing it once you are officially engaged

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
@ice empress WOW! Just wow! Your ring is beyond stunning!! The diamond, the setting, the band, theway that it looks on you - so, so breathtakingly gorgeous!! Congratulations!:love:

Thank you @SimoneDi for your very kind words.

This may be a good time to mention that I asked VC to make the band "thicker" than his usual dimensions. He would normally make an Emilya band ~1.8mm (probably 1.9mm for the weight of my center stone), but I requested at least 2.0mm. I'm not sure what the exact width turned out to be in the end, but VC estimates 2.05mm (maybe 2.1mm).

I personally value durability and longevity over an exaggeratedly super thin look, and find 2mm to be very thin still (especially given the weight of the center stone and spread of the halo). I would much sooner choose a 2.05mm band over a 1.7-1.8mm band that eventually goes out of round or has melees fall out over the years.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
:geek2:
This is sooooo absolutely jaw dropping!!! :love::love::love: Nothing like an icy white stone in an impeccably executed halo!!! It looks incredibly gorgeous and classic and huge! It's even making me wonder if I should halo Stellla!

And your pup is just the cutest, as well!! :kiss2:

Thanks @ac117! I am so happy that this creation and thread are inspiring a few of you to halo your stones!! I have always loved thin halos for their ability to define and showcase the center stone. Though many get halos for extra spread and finger coverage, I got mine for extra definition and texture, which a very thin and delicate halo achieves.

I personally find solitaires somewhat underwhelming in that they seem, to me anyways, unfinished (unless in a unique setting or one with a little something "extra"). Interestingly, I never think that when admiring someone else's solitaire on their finger, but for some reason, my perception shifts when the solitaire ring sits on my own finger.

With regards to the width of my halo, I would estimate it to be 1.23mm when viewed top down. I don't have a digital caliiper and didn't get that information from VC, but calculated that from my top-down photos blown up on my computer. :geek2:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Right?! I’m a 100% soli girl, but this ring has me thinking about getting VC to halo my diamond!

You may just have to get another ring altogether, rather than reset your solitaire.
LOL. Yes, I'm an enabler... :lol::lol::lol:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
How in the world are you going to be able to focus on work with this beauty on your finger? :P2 It's stunning, could not look more beautiful on your hand, diamond and setting are the perfect combination! Congrats!

Thanks @junebug17!

Lucky (or unlucky) for me, my line of work isn't conducive to wearing rings, 90% of the time anyways... :eek2:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Love the puppy too! I think the ring is perfect and looks amazing on your hand. VC does beautiful work and his proportions are spot on.

Thanks @caf! VC certainly is a master at what he does. It's refreshing to not have to micromanage someone, who you can 100% trust to execute his craft with such detail and precision! He certainly has a reputation well deserved.

:appl:

Reactions: caf

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Like a dream :roll2:. What a stunner of a stone and ring, I'm sure you are dying to wear her permanently!!!!

Thanks @JDDN! Unfortunately, it'll be a while still... :cry2:

Even in the end, I will be wearing the ring to the occasional dinner and event, but not on a daily basis. My work just doesn't really make daily wear possible. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning and Olaf is a real cutie!

Thanks so much @kgizo!

I keep telling my boyfriend that Olaf is the cutest doggie in the world, but he seems to think that's not the case, and that I have a warped perception only cuz I love him so much. Nonsense I say! :lol-2:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is spectacular!! Gorgeous stone and setting. And your hands are jewels too. So slim and elegant.

Congrats with your ring (and super cute dog) and enjoy wearing it once you are officially engaged

Thanks so much @Acinom!

When that day comes, I'll be sure to come back with updated pics of the ring flaunting her fabulosity out in the real world!! =)2

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and photography, and Victor did an amazing job as always!!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
W
O
WOW!! :-o
:-o

Your photos are spectacular! Congrats!

Thanks @Bonfire! It was fun pretending to be a product photographer for a few hours... lemme just say, diamonds are quite challenging to photograph nicely. :confused2:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @carbonfan! Victor was such a pleasure to meet IRL... a true gentleman. Polite, communicative, kind and patient. A true gem!
Victor really, truly is a gem in his own right. His craftsmanship is exquisite and he is truly delightful to work with, and that combination of qualities is priceless IMHO!

MZSushi

Rough_Rock
Thank you @SimoneDi for your very kind words.

This may be a good time to mention that I asked VC to make the band "thicker" than his usual dimensions. He would normally make an Emilya band ~1.8mm (probably 1.9mm for the weight of my center stone), but I requested at least 2.0mm. I'm not sure what the exact width turned out to be in the end, but VC estimates 2.05mm (maybe 2.1mm).

I personally value durability and longevity over an exaggeratedly super thin look, and find 2mm to be very thin still (especially given the weight of the center stone and spread of the halo). I would much sooner choose a 2.05mm band over a 1.7-1.8mm band that eventually goes out of round or has melees fall out over the years.

I asked for mine to be made with a 2-2.2mm band and I think it’s a 2.1mm band. The matching pave band is 2.1mm as well. I actually like a more substantial look. When I tried on Ritani halos then shanks were 1.8mm and they felt too thin between my fingers. On me rings spin less with a more substantial band.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @JDDN! Unfortunately, it'll be a while still... :cry2:

Even in the end, I will be wearing the ring to the occasional dinner and event, but not on a daily basis. My work just doesn't really make daily wear possible. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Aww....I completely understand about work not being conducive to wearing your beautiful ring :(2. Hopefully you have something you love to wear on a daily basis and then you will always have your gorgeous ring to pull out for when you want to feel extra special =)2.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
pb221355-jpg.660903

:love::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results