shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Presenting my 3.724ct Whiteflash ACA in modified VC Emilya Halo!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay indeed!! :appl::appl::appl:

I’m curious, what was the deciding factor?

Well, I've been thinking about it for a while. But seeing your amazingly beautiful ring on your finger cinched the deal, lol. It looks big but elegant and super eye-catching...everything I want in my bling.:D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Just gorgeous. :love::love::love: And your super sweet puppy too. What an obliging model he was. So considerate not to eat the product. ;)2

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is perfection! I love the diamond, halo is impeccable. I love your light grey, herringbone hardwood floors as well=)2 curious how your custom cutting process went? I was so close to having Brian Gavin cut me an EC until I found mine. How close were they in color, clarity, size etc?

Congrats, simply breathtaking!

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Well, I've been thinking about it for a while. But seeing your amazingly beautiful ring on your finger cinched the deal, lol. It looks big but elegant and super eye-catching...everything I want in my bling.:D

I think you’ll love it!! It really is quite elegant and refined, and it will (hopefully) quiesce your DSS for at least a little while longer :lol:

Would you go with VC? LM? SK? DK? other? So many good options!

For me personally, VC was a no-brainer and I couldn’t be happier with the end result. Three thumbs up from me!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you’ll love it!! It really is quite elegant and refined, and it will (hopefully) quiesce your DSS for at least a little while longer :lol:

Would you go with VC? LM? SK? DK? other? So many good options!

For me personally, VC was a no-brainer and I couldn’t be happier with the end result. Three thumbs up from me!

Lol:lol:.

I'd def go with VC. I loved my previous Emilya, so this is a no brainer for me also.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The VC modified Emilya is executed to such absolute perfection. The setting is so delicate and elegant, and the halo defines and compliments the centre stone rather than overwhelms it. Victor has outdone himself yet again!

This!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! I love it!!!!!:appl::appl::appl::appl:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
This is perfection! I love the diamond, halo is impeccable. I love your light grey, herringbone hardwood floors as well=)2 curious how your custom cutting process went? I was so close to having Brian Gavin cut me an EC until I found mine. How close were they in color, clarity, size etc?

Congrats, simply breathtaking!

Thanks @Emeraldsaremyfavorite! Leave it to a PSer to notice the floor in the background! Such attention to detail ;)2

The Whiteflash custom cutting process was excellent and seamless, and I would have no qualms recommending it to anyone else! Whiteflash has an undeniably excellent custom cutting policy, whereby they guarantee cut, carat, colour and clarity.

If even just one of the 4 C’s fall short of the estimate, you are entitled to a full refund. However, if any of the 4C’s comes up higher/better than expected, you get that bonus upgrade at no additional cost!! :mrgreen2:

Basically, it’s a great deal without any downsides!

In my case, I commissioned a 3.60-3.65 G VS2 ACA and was lucky enough to get a 3.724 G VS2 ACA! :lol-2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Emeraldsaremyfavorite! Leave it to a PSer to notice the floor in the background! Such attention to detail ;)2

The Whiteflash custom cutting process was excellent and seamless, and I would have no qualms recommending it to anyone else! Whiteflash has an undeniably excellent custom cutting policy, whereby they guarantee cut, carat, colour and clarity.

If even just one of the 4 C’s fall short of the estimate, you are entitled to a full refund. However, if any of the 4C’s comes up higher/better than expected, you get that bonus upgrade at no additional cost!! :mrgreen2:

Basically, it’s a great deal without any downsides!

In my case, I commissioned a 3.60-3.65 G VS2 ACA and was lucky enough to get a 3.724 G VS2 ACA! :lol-2:
That’s amazing! I know a lot of PSers don’t recommend custom cutting but I always thought it was a great option. Especially for fancy cuts like ECs when you may want one more square/different shapes and the hunt is harder. Brian would guanratee a color range but would not guarantee an exact color. And then I waited 6 months and he still had not found a rough for a 4ct EC. So I gave up, ugh. Next time! Hope custom cutting becomes more common and I am so happy your story was a success!!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow! There are rings, and then there are rings.

Congratulations! Here's to hoping that someday I find myself able to get a significant other a ring like this.

MZSushi

Rough_Rock
Hello lovely ladies and gentlemen!

Allow me to introduce my soon-to-be engagement ring!

Center stone overview:
- Custom-cut Whiteflash 3.724ct G VS2 ACA
- Measurements: 10.03 x 10.07 x 6.09mm
- Cut grade, light performance, polish, symmetry: AGS Ideal 0
- Table 56.7%, Depth 60.6%, Crown 34.4°, Pavilion 40.8°
- HCA: 1.1

VC setting:
- Emilya halo with flush-fit stems (i.e. no donut) and cathedral band modifications
- 5.5 size ring on a 5.125-5.25 size finger

I just love everything about this ring!

The ACA center stone is absolutely ice-white and has such brilliance and fire! I am so mesmerized by its different personalities in various light settings... she basically looks spectacular in all environments! I can't wait to wear her out in public... and not just enjoy her beauty in the privacy of our home. lol.

The VC modified Emilya is executed to such absolute perfection. The setting is so delicate and elegant, and the halo defines and compliments the centre stone rather than overwhelms it. Victor has outdone himself yet again!

Now on to the pictures!!

I have the exact same cathedral VC Emilya that I customized to sit flush with the matching band, pave on the stems as well! I particularly wanted mine to have no donut and I love seeing the cathedral from the side view. I just received it in October. I love mine, and yours looks absolutely gorgeous! My stone is a 1.9 ct, but to me it looks huge on my size 3.75 finger! I just wish I had better photography skills. I can never get such clear and crisp close ups!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fab-u-lous :love:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I’ve been waiting for this :appl: Your ring is absolutely divine; such a work of art :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply stunning! The stone and the setting are just exquisite! So glad this turned out so well for you - the ring looks amazing on your hand. Congrats on such a gorgeous ring!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It all turned out so beautifully!:appl: I love ACA's in VC Emilya halos!:love:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is perfection! Congratulations on your impending engagement, hope it’s soon so you can show off that stunning ring :love:.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and PS, this has really helped me to decide to halo Holly! Yay!!

Oooh cannot wait to see Holly in her halo...I bet she will look amazbling!!!! Congrats on figuring it out @Phoenix. I know she will be TDF stunning.

Sorry @ice empress for the mini threadjack...but lots of happy news in your thread!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And your photography skills are incredible. Super impressed. Gorgeous ring and gorgeous photos to boot.:kiss2:
I'm drooling all over your thread. TDF ring!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowwwwwww:love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! The finger coverage is to die for!!!:love:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
That’s amazing! I know a lot of PSers don’t recommend custom cutting but I always thought it was a great option. Especially for fancy cuts like ECs when you may want one more square/different shapes and the hunt is harder. Brian would guanratee a color range but would not guarantee an exact color. And then I waited 6 months and he still had not found a rough for a 4ct EC. So I gave up, ugh. Next time! Hope custom cutting becomes more common and I am so happy your story was a success!!

I assume custom cutting isn't usually recommended for fear of the unknown, and want for very specific parameters even within the super-ideal range. I trusted that an ACA stone would be amazing regardless of the minutia, and I wasn't keen on waiting 6+ months for a stone in the 3.5-4ct G VS2 range to materialize. I also saw a few stones come and go that were either 1 colour grade above or below G, or 1 clarity grade above or below VS2.

Given that I knew I wanted a G VS2 stone specifically, the custom cutting option was perfect for me. I have no regrets, and hope that my excellent experience and outcome will inspire a few others to at least consider going this route. ;)2

I was very lucky too that there were zero delays in sourcing the stone. In fact, Whiteflash offered me the option of a G VS2 ACA stone in the 3.40-3.45 range, 3.50-3.55 range, and 3.60-3.65 range. So many options!

:appl:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow! There are rings, and then there are rings.

Congratulations! Here's to hoping that someday I find myself able to get a significant other a ring like this.

Thank you @amoline! Your SO would be so lucky (as am I)! :mrgreen2:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
I have the exact same cathedral VC Emilya that I customized to sit flush with the matching band, pave on the stems as well! I particularly wanted mine to have no donut and I love seeing the cathedral from the side view. I just received it in October. I love mine, and yours looks absolutely gorgeous! My stone is a 1.9 ct, but to me it looks huge on my size 3.75 finger! I just wish I had better photography skills. I can never get such clear and crisp close ups!

Hello @MZSushi a.k.a. ring twin!

I absolutely love every detail of this setting, and like you, knew I wanted flush stems and cathedral bands. For so many cosmetic reasons, but also for stability, durability, balance and flow.

I know I have no rights to complain about the size of my finger (it's probably a 5 at most where the ring itself sits at the base, it just needs to be 5.5 to get over the joint in the summer) but OMG... a size 3.75 finger!! TDF!! So jealous! :clap:

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Time to put this thread aside for a moment... work beckons. sigh. :lol-2:

MZSushi

Rough_Rock
Hello @MZSushi a.k.a. ring twin!

I absolutely love every detail of this setting, and like you, knew I wanted flush stems and cathedral bands. For so many cosmetic reasons, but also for stability, durability, balance and flow.

I know I have no rights to complain about the size of my finger (it's probably a 5 at most where the ring itself sits at the base, it just needs to be 5.5 to get over the joint in the summer) but OMG... a size 3.75 finger!! TDF!! So jealous! :clap:

I completely agree with the stability, balance, and flow. Even when my hand is cold, this ring does not spin, and the curves are just beautiful! It also feels very well made compared to even all the higher end halos we looked at in stores. This is a reset for me, so my husband and I took a lot of time to look at many halos, but none of them compared to this one once I put it on. I was very nervous buying online by the pictures alone, however extremely happy that we did!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results