shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your GOG new cushion video and diamond pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[/quote]
Can you believe this thing''s an L? I love the warmer colours, will never go back!
36.gif

And is it just me, or do these guys look quite big for their sizes? When I saw my video of the OEC and OMC, coming from my 1.25 H&A, I was worried I would think they look small - but personally I think they both look great for one caraters!

I would also like to chat about settings..most likely I will go with JM, but there are soooo many decisions to make on which style and all the details...*sigh* I''m also digging a ton of Caleb Meyer''s settings too.

I might start a new thread for that I think
2.gif
[/quote]

Your stone is smashing! I already have diamond shrinkage syndrome and I don''t even have it in my possession yet which makes me the wrong person to talk about size. I checked out the Caleb Meyer site and found a setting I like. Startng a setting thread is a great idea. Unless I find The One, I''ll probably end up sending a bunch of pics to Brian Gavin or my local jeweler noting the elements I like about each and see what he dreams up. I would like something with a vintage feel.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi matata,
I'm glad you liked looking through CM's site - was there anything is particular you really liked?
He has quite a few different versions of this up,
but this design is the one I am leaning toward..(except I would have the shank in YG).
what do you think?

2128 CM.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 9:51:09 PM
Author: Chrono
Dani, Matata, Diamond Flame, Ellen, IceKid, Cachette and Starshine,
Thank you. You all need to follow the example of AJ and Matata. These OMCs are just too gorgeous to resist.
9.gif
Believe me, I wish I could. But, my son starts college this fall... I don''t really see why he needs to go though, do you??
9.gif
2.gif

You all are such lucky ducks!!
5.gif

luckyducks.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 6:15:39 AM
Author: arjunajane
Hi matata,
I''m glad you liked looking through CM''s site - was there anything is particular you really liked?
but this design is the one I am leaning toward..(except I would have the shank in YG).
what do you think?
I''m not Matata, but I love that setting aj!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Thank you. You all need to follow the example of AJ and Matata. These OMCs are just too gorgeous to resist.
9.gif

Seriously, if my RB had been from GOG, I would have blown my gem fund on a new OMC. They are truly incredible. Eventually...
11.gif
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 8:28:35 AM
Author: icekid

9.gif

Seriously, if my RB had been from GOG, I would have blown my gem fund on a new OMC. They are truly incredible. Eventually...
11.gif
11.gif
You know, mine is, and I have briefly entertained trading her in. But, I just can''t. As beautiful as the cushions are, I know I''d miss my round. I simply need one of each.
11.gif

And if I ever do get one, I will be following Matata''s lead in the "go big or go home" camp.
9.gif
I''m thinking the 3 ct. (ish) range...
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 8:44:13 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 6/14/2009 8:28:35 AM

9.gif

11.gif
11.gif
You know, mine is, and I have briefly entertained trading her in. But, I just can''t. As beautiful as the cushions are, I know I''d miss my round. I simply need one of each.
11.gif

And if I ever do get one, I will be following Matata''s lead in the ''go big or go home'' camp.
9.gif
I''m thinking the 3 ct. (ish) range...
30.gif

The fact is that you DO need one of each! Though I think I would get over my (.72) RB if I was sporting a 3 ct phenomenal OMC. Going big sounds about right to me
9.gif
9.gif
Tough decision, though. Your RB is exceptional!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi matata,

I'm glad you liked looking through CM's site - was there anything is particular you really liked?

what do you think?

Oh your ring is going to be beautiful! I got a quote from JM as well, I was shocked that his work was so reasonable! Right now I'm leaning towards the setting in
the link below, and having it re-made my BGD.

What do you think? Its as *close* to my dream setting as I've found. I can't pinpoint what I want because I love them all!
20.gif

LINKY

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 9:07:39 AM

The fact is that you DO need one of each! Though I think I would get over my (.72) RB if I was sporting a 3 ct phenomenal OMC. Going big sounds about right to me
9.gif
9.gif
Tough decision, though. Your RB is exceptional!
Aw, thank you mam! I sure think so!
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 8:24:38 AM

Hi matata,

I''m glad you liked looking through CM''s site - was there anything is particular you really liked?

what do you think?

Thankyou Ellen! I''m glad you like it as I know you have great taste.
And anyway, college? pffttttt...
11.gif
9.gif

Call yourself a true PS''er..?
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 9:54:08 AM

11.gif
9.gif

25.gif
lol.gif

And thank you !
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 9:17:44 AM
Author: redrose229

Hi matata,

what do you think?

Oh your ring is going to be beautiful! I got a quote from JM as well, I was shocked that his work was so reasonable! Right now I''m leaning towards the setting in

the link below, and having it re-made my BGD.

What do you think? Its as *close* to my dream setting as I''ve found. I can''t pinpoint what I want because I love them all!
20.gif

LINKY

Stephanie,
with that ring you linked - well, if its a vintage feel you''re going for, personally I would keep looking.
That is a really pretty ring - but there are nicer ones, in my very humble opinion.
Of course, this is your ring and not mine, so take my comments for whatever they are worth (not much, lol)..

I think that BGD are capable of achieving really original and great things - I would basically give them a design brief and have them create something especially for you and your great rock from scratch, rather than copy a stock setting, kwim?
But thats just me though..You did say it was only "close" to your dream setting, so why shouldn''t you have your actual dream one right?

May I ask what JM setting you were interested in..? Just because his work is really different from that look, I''m curious
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi matata,

what do you think?

11.gif
9.gif

25.gif
We will have to revoke her badge!
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 9:55:54 AM

I'm not Matata, but I love that setting aj!

Thankyou Ellen! I'm glad you like it as I know you have great taste.

11.gif
9.gif

Call yourself a true PS'er..?
25.gif
lol.gif

And thank you !
2.gif

lol, yanno I'm just joshing you..good to hear you have your priorities straight love!
I'm the same as you though - I am concerned I will miss my arrows..but I'm hoping the chunky fire and sparkle make up for it

this may seem all of a sudden with me, but I've actually been communicating with Jon about this for over 2months now..
it's a big decision as I *love* my current diamond....but I'm sure I'll grow to love the new one just as much.
9.gif
5.gif

ETA: Rofl, Lozza - are there any tattoos that need burning off?
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 10:01:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

11.gif
9.gif

25.gif
31.gif
6.gif
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Wahhhhh.gif

25.gif

aj, believe me, I know how enticing these cushions are!
30.gif
I will be really anxious to hear your thoughts on them after having a H&A round.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 10:11:48 AM
Date: 6/14/2009 10:01:58 AM

Author: Lorelei

11.gif
9.gif

25.gif

31.gif
6.gif
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Wahhhhh.gif

25.gif

aj, believe me, I know how enticing these cushions are!
30.gif
I will be really anxious to hear your thoughts on them after having a H&A round.

oh, don''t cry! You can keep your PS tattoos
3.gif

Yep, you know I will post a full report and millions of photos when its all said and done..
I do have a couple queries for you over in my setting thread (if you have the time).

Ok, gotta go for now..
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 10:28:53 AM

oh, don''t cry! You can keep your PS tattoos
3.gif

Yep, you know I will post a full report and millions of photos when its all said and done..
I do have a couple queries for you over in my setting thread (if you have the time).

Ok, gotta go for now..
35.gif
Oh thank you!!!
yippee10.gif

And I''ve answered! See you later!
35.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi matata,

what do you think?

I love your choice. This is the one I like -- everything but the bezel, I don''t want a bezel.

resized cmeyer.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another one. I''m trying to find a way to marry edwardian with a wee bit of filagree and some side stones, preferably bullets. Choosing a setting design is a gazillion times more difficult than buying the diamond.

edwardian.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 6:48:11 PM
Author:redrose229
So!

I reserved mine today!
36.gif
Yippee! Here is my beautiful baby! I shipped my ring off to GOG today!

http://www.vimeo.com/5099423

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6011/

GORGEOUS!!!

I know a few of us got good news yesterday and today
31.gif

Post your links so we can all enjoy!
36.gif

ETA: Watching the video again and have to add...gotta love jonathans man hands! LOL! They just add to it!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 11:18:38 PM
Author: Matata
I am so so bad. But, in the meantime, I passed on the 2.02 N -- a bit too warm for me -- and just bought a 1.53 K that Jon emailed me about earlier today. The stone had been on hold but the client passed it up and now it''s mine, allllllll mine, bwaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Now on to obsessing about settings. I''m thinking something along the lines of the Mege ''Karen'' which Harriet set one of her tsavs in.

I was looking at that beauty online yesterday! Leon''s Karen is one of my faves, also!
36.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2009 2:01:50 PM
Here''s another one. I''m trying to find a way to marry edwardian with a wee bit of filagree and some side stones, preferably bullets. Choosing a setting design is a gazillion times more difficult than buying the diamond.

This is beautiful! I want something like this now! LOL! I can''t wait to see everyones!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2009 2:01:50 PM

Ha ha, I hear ya on the setting design.
I think you should go to single stone Mat, they would do wonderful things with your diamond. Or even VC - that would be an awesome marriage. I wish I had the budget for that, lol!
How about something like this (I realize you don''t want a bezel, but the other details)..

If you haven''t seen it, there are some wonderful examples of vintage ring styles in this thread from a lil while ago - redrose, you may also like to check it out:

favourite vintage pieces

L bezel1.1.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh...hold one..Matata - forget that one above..
This One, from SS -
30.gif
30.gif

SS vintage engraved1.2.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the club....I''m watching to see what y''all do with your new cushions....I want one, too!!!
30.gif

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think something from VC and SS would be great too. The delicacy is suited to the cushion outline and chunky faceting. A word of caution to those who are considering an upgrade in the future – bezels are not a good idea because the setting usually has to be scraped afterwards. Many bezeled settings cannot be reused once the stone is removed. I really want a JM bezel but with an upgrade being very probably, I’ll have to wait on it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 8:07:52 AM
I think something from VC and SS would be great too. The delicacy is suited to the cushion outline and chunky faceting. A word of caution to those who are considering an upgrade in the future – bezels are not a good idea because the setting usually has to be scraped afterwards. Many bezeled settings cannot be reused once the stone is removed. I really want a JM bezel but with an upgrade being very probably, I’ll have to wait on it.

C, do you think this would be the case even with JM and CM, for who bezels is all they do? (and JM has been perfecting that one style for so long)?.
I haven''t worked with Caleb so can''t comment on his work specifically, but I am inclined to think Jim would be capable of removing a diamond from one of his settings and replacing it with a coloured gem (with a bit of work, of course). At the worst, they could just remove the head and create a new bezel - which is pretty much the same as what needs to happen with most prong settings when going up/down alot in size or changing shape, correct?

If we are just generally talking bezels from B&M''s or various online stores, etc, than I def. agree with you, the skill/experience likely won''t be there.

I won''t be upgrading again for many years after this, so for me it''s not an issue either way, but
I just wouldn''t want others not to get the style they really love, *incase* kwim?

I''d be happy to ask Jim next time I email him if we''d like a definate answer?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So...I really love bezel settings, but I''m going to save those for a beautiful colored stone...like a sapphire or a spinel. Someone posted on ur other thread a beautiful GL setting. I have LOVED that setting for over the last year. I''ve decided if this 1.31 is big enough for me (here''s hoping!) then I''m going to have BGD make me a modified version of it. Here is a picture of the profile in which I''m madly in love with!

I''m having a hard time getting the pics to attach. But I want a cross between 3 rings. I want the profile of
THIS ring. I want the details of the Leon I''m attaching, and I''m leaning towards getting pear side stones as well. What do you think of that combo?

LMR543.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With pear side stones (no knife edge though)

pearside543.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I just have to ask, as I''m so surprised -
why has nobody snapped up this diamond yet?? link

1.21 L VS1, 4k on wire ..

4k for a 1.2ct ? that is awesome right?! This would have absolutely been my choice if I were not going
smaller..
36.gif

1.21 L VS1 gog.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results