shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your GOG new cushion video and diamond pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2009 8:19:41 AM
Author: arjunajane

C, do you think this would be the case even with JM and CM, for who bezels is all they do? (and JM has been perfecting that one style for so long)?.
I haven''t worked with Caleb so can''t comment on his work specifically, but I am inclined to think Jim would be capable of removing a diamond from one of his settings and replacing it with a coloured gem (with a bit of work, of course). At the worst, they could just remove the head and create a new bezel - which is pretty much the same as what needs to happen with most prong settings when going up/down alot in size or changing shape, correct?

If we are just generally talking bezels from B&M''s or various online stores, etc, than I def. agree with you, the skill/experience likely won''t be there.

I won''t be upgrading again for many years after this, so for me it''s not an issue either way, but
I just wouldn''t want others not to get the style they really love, *incase* kwim?

I''d be happy to ask Jim next time I email him if we''d like a definate answer?
AJ,
I appreciate an answer to that question if you have the opportunity to work with him again. it would be helpful to me, and I''m sure, many others.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2009 9:38:30 AM
I just have to ask, as I''m so surprised -
why has nobody snapped up this diamond yet?? link

1.21 L VS1, 4k on wire ..

4k for a 1.2ct ? that is awesome right?! This would have absolutely been my choice if I were not going
smaller..
36.gif
Very pretty OMC, square and reasonably priced. Perhaps, it is because we all want to get something as large as possible?
11.gif
Well, I''m sure that beauty won''t be warming the bench for long.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono:

Do u think my setting idea is to much all together? I just feel like the pears might be to much...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2009 11:48:57 AM
Author: redrose229
Chrono:

Do u think my setting idea is to much all together? I just feel like the pears might be to much...
If you like it, I don’t see why not. Just because I have not see any OMCs with a pear doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
31.gif
Personally, it’s a lot of bling for me, especially since your OMC is fairly large. If you really want pear sidestones, maybe something a little smaller?

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 6:40:58 PM
Here is my old cushette compared with my new chunky cushion! i can see the size difference, but the sparkling difference is amazing to me! I love the chunky look!

http://www.vimeo.com/5144782

HOLY CRUD!!!
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 11:46:37 AM
Author: Chrono
Date: 6/15/2009 8:19:41 AM

C, do you think this would be the case even with JM and CM, for who bezels is all they do? (and JM has been perfecting that one style for so long)?.

I haven''t worked with Caleb so can''t comment on his work specifically, but I am inclined to think Jim would be capable of removing a diamond from one of his settings and replacing it with a coloured gem (with a bit of work, of course). At the worst, they could just remove the head and create a new bezel - which is pretty much the same as what needs to happen with most prong settings when going up/down alot in size or changing shape, correct?

If we are just generally talking bezels from B&M''s or various online stores, etc, than I def. agree with you, the skill/experience likely won''t be there.

I won''t be upgrading again for many years after this, so for me it''s not an issue either way, but

I just wouldn''t want others not to get the style they really love, *incase* kwim?

I''d be happy to ask Jim next time I email him if we''d like a definate answer?

AJ,

I appreciate an answer to that question if you have the opportunity to work with him again. it would be helpful to me, and I''m sure, many others.

Absolutely - I chat to him now and then and will be speaking about this cushion setting, so I will be sure to remember and ask (and report back)
5.gif

Oh boy, now I''m tempting myself with that 1.2ct L, rofl! It is such a lovely square one...I like the square ones heaps more. I think mine is pretty square..

C, have you decided on a setting for yours? And you can pls remind me, is this an ering upgrade or a rhr?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
Mine''s a RHR upgrade. I''m having it in a temporary setting for now until I can think up a decent setting design. I love perfect squares and mine is almost but not quite a perfect square.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2009 11:55:22 AM
Date: 6/15/2009 11:48:57 AM

Chrono:

If you like it, I don’t see why not. Just because I have not see any OMCs with a pear doesn’t mean you can’t do it.
31.gif
Personally, it’s a lot of bling for me, especially since your OMC is fairly large. If you really want pear sidestones, maybe something a little smaller?

That is what I was thinking. If you go to the link of the profile I want, well her ring cushion center stone is 1.5 carats and she doesnt have any side stones except for the ones in the shank of the ring. I was thinking it might be a little to much, esp. bc of the detailing of the profile. hmmm...idk though!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Stephanie, *for me*, that setting idea is a lil too busy - you''ve got alot going on - pears, engraving, prongs, open profile... I personally feel it would be too busy, sorry..
To me, I think these cushions deserve to be the clear centre of attention, kwim?
I would actually do away with the pears, and go with something alot simpler like the Leon pic you showed (and alter the profile if you wish).

Imho, a simple solitaire (LM), or a JM/CM bezel, or an elegant pave band suit these guys to a tee.
Also, of course the vintage pierced/chased styles of VC and SS too.

It seems like you still have alot of ideas/elements for your ring (don''t we all!). I know how hard it is to pin down one style, which is why I may try wearing my cushion in my Legato for awhile before I decide on its permanent home...we''ll see..

I don''t know your timeframe, but I would take a bit longer and refine your ideas down a little..
(or, you could always give the elements to BGD and see what they come up with in a more functional way/using a designers eye).

Either way, its lots of fun!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 12:25:16 PM
AJ,

Mine's a RHR upgrade. I'm having it in a temporary setting for now until I can think up a decent setting design. I love perfect squares and mine is almost but not quite a perfect square.

Sounds good...I don't have the ratio on mine yet, but Jon did confirm its a square one (I don't mind it a lil off).

Do you have any ideas yet? Solitaire, three stone etc?
Designer?

I would love to see one of these cushions in something like this (obviously with coloured gem sides)
5.gif

ETA: oh, and I forgot to ask, does that mean you've received yours already C?

LM 3 stone red.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine has a 1.02 ratio. I''m debating a toss up between the LM Rachael (double prong with "w" swoop) in platinum or a simple 3 stone with 2 red spinels in yellow gold (like the one you posted but the red are the sidestones and the diamond in the center stone).

LMRachaelswoop.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another contender for mine. I would swap out the diamonds on the top and bottom for engraving, maybe add milgrain.

nlane.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
I forgot to add that I haven’t received mine yet. GOG received the payment last Friday so they said they’ll get working on setting the OMC in the temporary setting ASAP. As soon as they receive my original cushion, they will overnight the new OMC to me.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/15/2009 12:30:00 PM
Hey Stephanie, *for me*, that setting idea is a lil too busy - you''ve got alot going on - pears, engraving, prongs, open profile... I personally feel it would be too busy, sorry..

To me, I think these cushions deserve to be the clear centre of attention, kwim?

I would actually do away with the pears, and go with something alot simpler like the Leon pic you showed (and alter the profile if you wish).

Imho, a simple solitaire (LM), or a JM/CM bezel, or an elegant pave band suit these guys to a tee.

Also, of course the vintage pierced/chased styles of VC and SS too.

It seems like you still have alot of ideas/elements for your ring (don''t we all!). I know how hard it is to pin down one style, which is why I may try wearing my cushion in my Legato for awhile before I decide on its permanent home...we''ll see..

I don''t know your timeframe, but I would take a bit longer and refine your ideas down a little..

(or, you could always give the elements to BGD and see what they come up with in a more functional way/using a designers eye).

Either way, its lots of fun!

I dont really have a time frame (when the funds are there...which could be a while!)

I''m thinking I''ll do away with the pear side stones and stick with everything else though. I''m going to get preggers soon, and get a nice sapphire for a push present, and that will have some nice pear side stones or a JM bezel! Not sure yet!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 1:04:15 PM
AJ,

I forgot to add that I haven’t received mine yet. GOG received the payment last Friday so they said they’ll get working on setting the OMC in the temporary setting ASAP. As soon as they receive my original cushion, they will overnight the new OMC to me.

Awesome! I''m jealous, it will be months still until I get to meet mine
7.gif

Your idea above of the red spinel sides is exactly what I had in mind..But I too really like those W prongs.
I can see why your going temp, too many great options, lol!.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
Why a few months? I thought your stone is here?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 1:54:32 PM
AJ,

Why a few months? I thought your stone is here?

Hey C -
just because of shipping - I need to send my ring there, have all the details of the trade in sorted out,
have the new diamond set, and sent back to me. Regular shipping is usually ~2 weeks either way, so that was
just an estimate. Plus my diamond hasn''t been to GIA yet, thats'' happening this week.
I may still get lucky and be able to use FedEx with GOG''s help (which than makes transit a couple days each way), so that would be alot quicker.
*fingers crossed*

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring arrives tomorrow! I''ll post pics asap but I''ll be at work for most of the weekend (well...next 2 weeks really) and I dont have a day off for 2 weeks, but I''ll post a few teaser pics!
36.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous stones! Can''t wait to see the finished products
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results