shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your GOG new cushion video and diamond pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 4:51:01 PM
Author: sonomacounty
Spectacular !!

Big congrats to Chrono & Red Rose. They are both beyond words.

How are you all setting them? An ''L'' - how fun !

10.gif
36.gif
10.gif
I''m setting mine in the same WG cathedral setting that I have. Its my upgrade e-ring stone. I was planning on saving up for a new setting...but I bought this fab. Liz c pave diamond band that just completes the look and I''m now happy with my current setting (thanks to a blingy band!) I''ll post pics of BOTH when I get my upgrade back!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was leaning very strongly towards getting Leon''s Rachael setting but then again, the upgrade never seems to end, so maybe a temporary setting until I settle on a final size.
11.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/11/2009 9:02:40 AM
Author: redrose229
Date: 6/11/2009 8:14:51 AM

Author: Chrono

I just reserved mine last night too.
30.gif

I watched the video of yours! You need to post it so others can enjoy it! They are beautiful! I want to say THANK YOU for upgrading your budget and getting the bigger one! I LOVE the more square shape, and the 1.31 J SI1 was JUST what I was looking for! Jonathan should get my ring this week, and so I''ll post pics when I get it!

Is it going to look that much bigger though?!?!?

Post pics women before I come over there and whip you with a wet noodle!
9.gif

I sense a vid in the works to demonstrate a size/optics compare.
18.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2009 12:19:32 AM
Author: Rhino
Date: 6/11/2009 9:02:40 AM

Date: 6/11/2009 8:14:51 AM

I just reserved mine last night too.
30.gif

I watched the video of yours! You need to post it so others can enjoy it! They are beautiful! I want to say THANK YOU for upgrading your budget and getting the bigger one! I LOVE the more square shape, and the 1.31 J SI1 was JUST what I was looking for! Jonathan should get my ring this week, and so I''ll post pics when I get it!

Is it going to look that much bigger though?!?!?

Post pics women before I come over there and whip you with a wet noodle!
9.gif

I sense a vid in the works to demonstrate a size/optics compare.

18.gif
36.gif
Sounds good to me! How can I say no to more videos of that beauty? My husband said yesterday...your watching that thing AGAIN!?!?!
20.gif
Thank you so much for creating these Jonathan! I was SO TORN when I kept seeing beautiful vintage stone pop up on PS. I didnt know what to do with myself!
5.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/11/2009 11:11:20 PM
I was leaning very strongly towards getting Leon''s Rachael setting but then again, the upgrade never seems to end, so maybe a temporary setting until I settle on a final size.
11.gif

I''m in the same boat as you. I''d LOVE a Leon or have Ari make me a setting. However, I really love Brian and Lesley, and want to buy something from them...so I''ll probably end up going with them. However...I''m hoping for as close to 2carats as possible. I dont know when I''ll get it, but I dont want to spend a few thousand $$$ on a setting that wont fit my dream size. I''ll just wait a while to do any setting work. Besides...there are WAY to many to choose from! I love so many things...I''ll probably have Leon do it so that way I can show him a few things of what I like...and he''ll work his magic!
30.gif

This is YEARS down the road of course!
5.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Im so IN LOVE with these stones!! CONGRATS LADIES!!! Cant wait to see you new rings!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/12/2009 9:33:04 AM
Date: 6/11/2009 11:11:20 PM

11.gif

I''m in the same boat as you. I''d LOVE a Leon or have Ari make me a setting. However, I really love Brian and Lesley, and want to buy something from them...so I''ll probably end up going with them. However...I''m hoping for as close to 2carats as possible. I dont know when I''ll get it, but I dont want to spend a few thousand $$$ on a setting that wont fit my dream size. I''ll just wait a while to do any setting work. Besides...there are WAY to many to choose from! I love so many things...I''ll probably have Leon do it so that way I can show him a few things of what I like...and he''ll work his magic!
30.gif

This is YEARS down the road of course!
5.gif

So, THIS seals the deal for me. When I am ready to get my vintage setting made, Brian and Lesley are the ones I''m going to!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladies -- congratulations on these stunning stones. Jonathan -- THANK YOU -- for offering them. I am going to count to 100 and if my pulse rate doesn''t slow down by then, it''s a sure sign that I need one of these beauties.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys.. for the seizures.
2.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/12/2009 1:22:36 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
Thanks, guys.. for the seizures.
2.gif
9.gif
I was wondering if anyone caught that.
10.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Somebody *might* be getting a ~1ct...
11.gif
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif

11.gif

39.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 2:22:09 AM
Author: arjunajane
11.gif
2.gif

LOL! I''ve got a 2.02 on hold. We need to get T-shirts that say "enablers are us".
9.gif
But, since I last spoke with Jonathan yesterday, I''ve been thinking that 3ish carats can only be prettier than 2
11.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 2:22:09 AM
11.gif
2.gif
On yeah!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 12:45:56 PM
Author: Matata

LOL! I''ve got a 2.02 on hold. We need to get T-shirts that say ''enablers are us''.
9.gif
But, since I last spoke with Jonathan yesterday, I''ve been thinking that 3ish carats can only be prettier than 2
11.gif
Matata,
That''s why I love GOG''s upgrade policy and why I''m not getting my dream setting yet. I plan on finally hitting possibly the 2.5 ct mark.
31.gif

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I love these cushions!!
30.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my old cushette compared with my new chunky cushion! i can see the size difference, but the sparkling difference is amazing to me! I love the chunky look!

http://www.vimeo.com/5144782

icekid

Ideal_Rock
This thread made my day......
30.gif
30.gif

redrose- thanks for starting this up
9.gif

Chrono- I will continue to be way jealous of your (increasingly!) fab collection.

I must admit, I wish my original RB was from GOG so I could upgrade with them
39.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
So many of these beauties are being scooped up!! I hope there will be many more... They are my dream stone.
30.gif

Congratulations Redrose, Chrono et al!

Redrose, the size difference is very noticeable! I''m sure you''ll be very pleased!!!!
9.gif

Cachette
1.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 8:45:40 PM
Author: Cachette
So many of these beauties are being scooped up!! I hope there will be many more... They are my dream stone.
30.gif

Congratulations Redrose, Chrono et al!

Redrose, the size difference is very noticeable! I''m sure you''ll be very pleased!!!!
9.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Thanks! I LOVE IT! I get it next week....
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 6:40:58 PM
Here is my old cushette compared with my new chunky cushion! i can see the size difference, but the sparkling difference is amazing to me! I love the chunky look!

http://www.vimeo.com/5144782
Fantastic. See, the difference in size is obvious and the chunky sparkle is unbelievable!
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 9:34:33 PM

Thanks! I LOVE IT! I get it next week....
31.gif
This coming week? You lucky gal.
36.gif
Mine will be the week after this.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani, Matata, Diamond Flame, Ellen, IceKid, Cachette and Starshine,
Thank you. You all need to follow the example of AJ and Matata. These OMCs are just too gorgeous to resist.
9.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 9:51:09 PM
Dani, Matata, Diamond Flame, Ellen, IceKid, Cachette and Starshine,

Thank you. You all need to follow the example of AJ and Matata. These OMCs are just too gorgeous to resist.
9.gif

I agree...I''m dying for an OEC now though....someone see''s a bezel pendant in her future!
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s finalized - a 1.08 L SI1 - *exactly* where I wanted to be with all three C''s
36.gif
(and its square
36.gif
)
I''m so stoked - I was all set to be upset because there wasn''t anything suitable for me on Jon''s list of stones he was receiving in this batch from the cutters.
Than, once the stones showed up - so did this one (wasn''t listed), so I figured it was too good to pass up.
1.gif

Mine will be awhile though as it still has to go to GIA etc.

Matata, you''re bad, a 3ct?! Yes, Chrono and Stephanie should be wearing those tee shirts, lol!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2009 10:19:44 PM
Matata, you''re bad, a 3ct?! Yes, Chrono and Stephanie should be wearing those tee shirts, lol!

I am so so bad. But, in the meantime, I passed on the 2.02 N -- a bit too warm for me -- and just bought a 1.53 K that Jon emailed me about earlier today. The stone had been on hold but the client passed it up and now it''s mine, allllllll mine, bwaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Now on to obsessing about settings. I''m thinking something along the lines of the Mege "Karen" which Harriet set one of her tsavs in.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it''s finalized - a 1.08 L SI1 - *exactly* where I wanted to be with all three C''s
36.gif
(and its square
36.gif
)

I''m so stoked - I was all set to be upset because there wasn''t anything suitable for me on Jon''s list of stones he was receiving in this batch from the cutters.

Than, once the stones showed up - so did this one (wasn''t listed), so I figured it was too good to pass up.
1.gif

YAY! I can''t wait to see everyones stones! We should have G2G after they are all set and take "family pics!"

31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 11:28:04 PM

36.gif
(and its square
36.gif
)

1.gif

YAY! I can''t wait to see everyones stones! We should have G2G after they are all set and take ''family pics!''

31.gif

I''d love to..will you pay for my ticket from Oz..?
31.gif
11.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 11:18:38 PM
Author: Matata

Matata, you're bad, a 3ct?! Yes, Chrono and Stephanie should be wearing those tee shirts, lol!

I am so so bad. But, in the meantime, I passed on the 2.02 N -- a bit too warm for me -- and just bought a 1.53 K that Jon emailed me about earlier today. The stone had been on hold but the client passed it up and now it's mine, allllllll mine, bwaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Now on to obsessing about settings. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Mege 'Karen' which Harriet set one of her tsavs in.

Thats awesome M (love the evil laugh too). I also admired that K - great score!
I don't have any pics of mine as it doesn't have a page yet, but here's a still from the video - mine's the vid comparing the OMC to OEC on the hand (thanks Jon!)..
Can you believe this thing's an L? I love the warmer colours, will never go back!
36.gif

And is it just me, or do these guys look quite big for their sizes? When I saw my video of the OEC and OMC, coming from my 1.25 H&A, I was worried I would think they look small - but personally I think they both look great for one caraters!

I would also like to chat about settings..most likely I will go with JM, but there are soooo many decisions to make on which style and all the details...*sigh* I'm also digging a ton of Caleb Meyer's settings too.
I might start a new thread for that I think
2.gif

my omc10 1.08.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results