I could not think of anything
just panic

Although we have never found the hair dryer after our move
we still have moving boxes in the garage unopened

Mind you we could also plug in the heated towel rail that is still in its box
I used to use one of those to dry work shirts and cat blankets over night

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You've probably already thought of this but if you need an outfit for work soon, you could wring it out the best you can, then iron it dry. Good luck!

@Daisys and Diamonds, do you have (or can you borrow), a folding shopping cart, or even a child's wagon? Anything with wheels you can use to take the wet clothes to the laundromat, instead of lugging them?

We bought a folding shopping cart when I was having to take groceries to my mother, and then bought a second one when we had to move our daughter into her college dorm-- saved our arms and backs! Indispensible. And not very costly.

Thank you
Thats a great idea too
i think ill be ok
i think it'll only be towels i take down there
i can manage to hand wash most of it till we deside what we are going to do
These things never have good timing

i do have a lot of free time only working part time
its just last night it was all just in the dark and sitting in the machine still full of water and i felt overwelmed

Iin the middle of the night i checked the weather
A pitiful 8km/h wind but 17 degrees so maybe a miracle has happened
I havn't been outside yet, its only just 8am but i better go out there and get the iron

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a new ring from DK that was to be delivered today. UPS said between 5:30 and 7:30 pm. So I took the dog out into the yard around 2:00 for 15 minutes and missed the UPS guy. Now he's supposed to come tomorrow and I was planning on going into my office......I guess I'll stay home and not move away from the front door :(2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So after 6 months of being hot with swollen fingers and feet it was 4 degrees over night
my rings fit again
And i realize my work shoes are now too big as i have black toenails from where my feet have been sliding in my shoes in all the extra room
Yes it hurts

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I am extremely color sensitive.
My tennis bracelet has all certified E while my new half eternity bangle has D...... I planned to have all in E just in case I might stack them but Jeweler said his supplier had a parcel of newly cut D.....

I could see the difference :???:
All my E suddenly became not as white as before :confused:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Worksafe just denied my claim for Achilles tendinitis. I just paid a 1000 dollar physio bill. Benefits will cover some.
Guess I'm gonna be working a lot more slowly @$$holes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So after 6 months of being hot with swollen fingers and feet it was 4 degrees over night
my rings fit again
And i realize my work shoes are now too big as i have black toenails from where my feet have been sliding in my shoes in all the extra room
Yes it hurts

Ouch @Daisys and Diamonds! Wear some
thick socks! I hope they feel better soon!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession: I hate graduation ceremonies. I’m a high school teacher and year after year I struggle to accept that I’m too lazy to
Show up and cheer my kids on. I’m always tired at the end of the year. Hate the 4 hour process. No restroom for 3 hours. And mostly. I don’t think kids would notice if I wasn’t there. Lol. I tell them I’ll be there and never show up and if they ever come back to visit me, not one kid has said that I wasn’t at graduation. Ok. Thanks for letting me unload. Back to feeling guilty but ready to indulge in my well deserved summer vacation.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to call the Speed Queen repair guy again-- my dryer is doing the same thing for which I had to have 2 parts replaced just this past November.
It's still under warranty but if we're going to be doing this every 6 months I'm not going to be happy.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have to call the Speed Queen repair guy again-- my dryer is doing the same thing for which I had to have 2 parts replaced just this past November.
It's still under warranty but if we're going to be doing this every 6 months I'm not going to be happy.
What is it doing and what were the parts if you dont mind me asking?
edit: model number also please.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My car is an old ( 10 y old) minivan type mama - mobile

I have a 2 k ( 600 -900 parts, depending if you buy brand name, the rest labour) repair to do on it.
It was worth around 3.5 k a year ago.

Now, with the recent car shortage it's worth about 8 k.

Guess what, 3 garages told me the repair is 4 k and they'd take the car and trash it free of charge for me ... Go figure....

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is it doing and what were the parts if you dont mind me asking?
edit: model number also please.

DR5000WE
When using the automatic cycles, the dryer doesn't stop when the clothes are dry. It just keeps heating and tumbling, for hours if I don't go and stop it manually.

He replaced the timer and the temperature or moisture sensor (I think.)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Put in an offer on a house - at the worst time to buy.

And yet... someone will get the property, why not me?

Waiting is hell - and if I lose out, it will be a significant loss.

I'm asking the universe to make it happen, so I can finally "live alone in the bee-loud glade" as the poet said. If anyone wants to send positive vibes/prayers/kind thoughts, please envision me in Maine, in the woods, traipsing along the path from my bee hives back to the house, with a plate of honeycomb, and maybe a few wildflowers for the kitchen table.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

I'm asking the universe to make it happen, so I can finally "live alone in the bee-loud glade" as the poet said. If anyone wants to send positive vibes/prayers/kind thoughts, please envision me in Maine, in the woods, traipsing along the path from my bee hives back to the house, with a plate of honeycomb, and maybe a few wildflowers for the kitchen table.
While dodging the state bird, the blackfly, watching for the damnpuckerbushes (said as one word always) and picking off the ticks. :lol:
It's still totally worth it.
All the good luck dust!
I can envision it for you.

I hope you get that house! We'd love to have you.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
DR5000WE
When using the automatic cycles, the dryer doesn't stop when the clothes are dry. It just keeps heating and tumbling, for hours if I don't go and stop it manually.

He replaced the timer and the temperature or moisture sensor (I think.)
Asked someone, they dont work on SQs but its a common issue.
It can often be a venting problem and trying different settings sometimes help.
In manual mode are clothes taking longer than expected to dry?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

I was just in Maine today for a celebration of life. Sending positive vibes-Good luck!

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
While dodging the state bird, the blackfly, watching for the damnpuckerbushes (said as one word always) and picking off the ticks. :lol:
It's still totally worth it.
All the good luck dust!
I can envision it for you.

I hope you get that house! We'd love to have you.

By "state bird" I can only assume you would also include the Mosquito! Ha!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, when I use the manual ("Timed") cycle the clothes dry normally.
But I don't like using this as there is no extended tumble and clothes wrinkle more.

The venting is good. We checked that first.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No, when I use the manual ("Timed") cycle the clothes dry normally.
But I don't like using this as there is no extended tumble and clothes wrinkle more.

The venting is good. We checked that first.
ah ok,
Wishing you all the best with it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AHA! Thanks for connecting the dots for me, Karl!

We’ve been having similar problems with our dryer - it shuts off almost way too early when using the moisture sensor on the low heat setting. I got around it by using the timer, or higher settings. (The dryer is just this side of ancient, so glitches are not unexpected, and replacement parts are getting harder to come by.) A few days ago I discovered that the vent was clogged, and cleaned out a huge amount of lint and dust. In retrospect… I have used the low heat setting since then, and it does seem to be working now!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pine pollen is so bad I can't sit outside, even though I wash the deck and outdoor furniture down twice a day.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pine pollen is so bad I can't sit outside, even though I wash the deck and outdoor furniture down twice a day.

Pollen counts high here also. I've bought OTC antihistamines for the first time in ... And fuggettt about the dusting.... Must be intolerable if I saw my DH with a rag in his hands....

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered groceries for pick up but selected the wrong location. I really needed them, but the other location was truly inconveniently far away so I had to cancel AND GO INSIDE A CLOSER GROCERY STORE TO GET THEM MYSELF!
Sundays are just really busy at the grocery stores and I didn’t want to go in, however, I promised my kiddo certain things for breakfast and lunch this week and I don’t like to break those promises.
Oh, and I found a loose diamond on my platinum band yesterday so I’m too nervous to wear it. It’s under warranty but I’d have to send it in so I’m going to try to find someone local. Until then I have to wear a white gold diamond band with it instead and I don’t think it looks as good with my solitaire.

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

I have always pictured you this way. Stopping on the side of the road to hold your hand up next to some moss or a flower you found enchanting to snap the sparkle of your old cuts facets next to your newly found beauty.

Collecting beautiful things with age & meaning to you. Wearing olive & cream colors that are wonderful backdrops for your free-flowing amber strands of hair....

My Virgo is in Pisces + I'm pregnant so everything is romanticized for me rn lol ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results