shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your 1st world problem today

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first world problem is differentiating between this thread and the “let it all hangout—post your grumpies,..” thread :lol:

2nd and 3rd world people can post in that other thread. :mrgreen:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting a blood stain out of a silk pillow case. Google to the rescue!

Ammonia takes blood out. Let stain soak (pour capful on stain) and it will bleed through so make sure the other side of the pillowcase isn’t below it. I usually place a towel / paper towel between. Then wash. Good luck.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a dry cleaner in the family for many years and we never had a problem with ammonia and fabric @MaisOuiMadame . I’ve used it myself many times. Water alone will not break down the iron in blood, I think I remember.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a dry cleaner in the family for many years and we never had a problem with ammonia and fabric @MaisOuiMadame . I’ve used it myself many times. Water alone will not break down the iron in blood, I think I remember.
Ok, I'll elaborate a bit, I think I wasn't detailed enough.

Blood won't come out completely by just washing in cold water. One has to soak the stain in cold water for a longer time. This sufficiently loosens the proteins clinging to the fabric enough so that the normal mild silk approved laundry detergent will wash away the rest without any trace. Washing in hot water will "set" the stain and then it's baked into the fabric and nothing will help but bleach. But bleach will dissolve silk. Yep, done that too...

If ammonia is used to spot clean it should be diluted and used carefully... I've failed to dilute and it damages the threads of the fabric left on too long.
The cold water soaking method works like a miracle every time for all washable fabrics. And no risk involved and no chemicals

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my - thank you all for the suggestions! I ended up combining two techniques. For reference, we noticed the blood (fortunately fairly small spots) while making the bed in the morning and the spots had dried, but it were still fairly fresh. I put the pillowcases in cold water immediately - force of habit - and then consulted Dr. Google. Per Dr. Google, dabbed at the stains with a salt water mixture (1 tsp salt in one cup of water). That took care of a lot of it but still left faint marks. Dabbing with a bit of h202 (hydrogen peroxide) took care of that, after which of course I washed the case with a bit of soap and hung it to dry.

The real problem is that due to a combination of bad genetics (a condition that leaves his skin more susceptible to damage of all sorts) and lifestyle choices, my husband has standing semi-annual appointments with his dermatologist. But suspicious things crop up so often that he ends up seeing the dermatologist every other month or so to get something biopsied, excised, or chemically treated - it was a scab from a chemically treated spot that caused the bloodstain. All of which is still a first-world problem but potentially much more serious, so I’ll focus on the pillowcase for this thread. ;-)

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Where do I sell all my old apple products? Two iPads and an iTouch.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my - thank you all for the suggestions! I ended up combining two techniques. For reference, we noticed the blood (fortunately fairly small spots) while making the bed in the morning and the spots had dried, but it were still fairly fresh. I put the pillowcases in cold water immediately - force of habit - and then consulted Dr. Google. Per Dr. Google, dabbed at the stains with a salt water mixture (1 tsp salt in one cup of water). That took care of a lot of it but still left faint marks. Dabbing with a bit of h202 (hydrogen peroxide) took care of that, after which of course I washed the case with a bit of soap and hung it to dry.

The real problem is that due to a combination of bad genetics (a condition that leaves his skin more susceptible to damage of all sorts) and lifestyle choices, my husband has standing semi-annual appointments with his dermatologist. But suspicious things crop up so often that he ends up seeing the dermatologist every other month or so to get something biopsied, excised, or chemically treated - it was a scab from a chemically treated spot that caused the bloodstain. All of which is still a first-world problem but potentially much more serious, so I’ll focus on the pillowcase for this thread. ;-)

I had a 1st world nervous breakdown over white cotton sheets this week
Gary got his covid jab and the took a tumble off a traffic island and took some bark off his knee
he has dept perception trouble till his other cataract is fixed
they are very new very white very nice sheets
We got home to some dettol and all was well but it looked awful
lucky by bedtime it was all dry (although stiff and sore looking)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our cat Borris' says this is waaay more than a first world problems
and no! She does not want to try this even if this is the only option available for dry food Screenshot_20220317-164742.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Back to regular problems
Im still waiting on my refund from my undelivered meat from box two weeks ago :angryfire:
You know $109 is a $109 and that is quite a bit of grocery money

today i rang and they took my number ...no one has rung back yet (its now 6.30pm)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, wanted to distract myself by shopping. Wanted a long broderie anglaise dress. Found one. Didn't buy it because I actually wanted to see how it falls on the body.... Reasonable, or not? When the white on white full shot didn't show enough details I found the green version.
(Thanks for the portrait shot - NOT. Wasn't looking for sunglasses)
IMG_20220317_090407.jpg
I mean why not hire a real contortionist if the goal is to try to hide the form of a dress as efficiently as one can? IMG_20220317_090351.jpg

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Are we allowed to reply? ::)
The JUC. Because if what you really want is the regular clover bracelet, then you’ll always feel that pang when you look at the sweet!

Finally made up my mind to bite the bullet going for the reg Perlee instead of Sweet or JUC but it is OOS currently, not just in Paris where I am currently in but in whole Europe :cry2::cry2::cry2:

I thought I could save a couple of thousands buying here (tax refund) :(:(:(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I buying the governors on line
already the next available spot is Sunday
I will have to buy cat biscuits somewhere else because they have none
Anyway the little 3 didget number on my bank card is a bit faded
i put the wrong number in and now im locked out with about $2 in cash in my wallet
Will have to ring the stupid bank tomorrow
used Gary's card to buy the groceries

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally made up my mind to bite the bullet going for the reg Perlee instead of Sweet or JUC but it is OOS currently, not just in Paris where I am currently in but in whole Europe :cry2::cry2::cry2:

I thought I could save a couple of thousands buying here (tax refund) :(:(:(
Could you place an order and pick it up in a few months when it comes in? European pricing is definitely favourable compared to US, even without the tax refund :(sad

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to finish a review today before my kids take their test tomorrow but half the class and school body is absent bc of a note circulating in social media that states “we will burn the school down on March 17th.” This should not be a first world problem.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t decide whose collection I want… too many choices! :confused::lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can’t decide whose collection I want… too many choices! :confused::lol:

Thats the kind of first world problem i would be happy to wish on everyone =)2

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Could you place an order and pick it up in a few months when it comes in? European pricing is definitely favourable compared to US, even without the tax refund :(sad

The problem is I don’t know when will be my next trip here since I am based in Asia :confused:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So im feeling lazy :lol-2:
I should leave for work an hour earlier to walk into town to get my repairs from the jewler
but im feeling lazy
And i need to deside what to take it for the next round of repairs

jenzgemz

Rough_Rock
FWP #1
During lunch, had to sneeze. Blew my nose with the same napkin that I had used while eating bacon. Now, all I can smell is bacon

FWP #2
Was interested in a diamond solitaire necklace from Poshmark and seller keeps deleting my questions when I ask if it's a genuine earth mined diamond And she blocked me. I guess I will settle for more bacon.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
I am starting to get annoyed that our iRobot, Roomba gets stuck under the same exact table every time it gos out to clean.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Was trying to watch reruns of the original Magnum PI. Kept stalling--to be deprived of Hawaiian scenery and Tom Selleck is a PROBLEM.

cheers--Sharon

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Found out I owe so much in taxes (sold some stock last year), all my fun money is gone for this year. Darn Uncle Sam.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results