shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your 1st world problem today

P

Petalouda

My family of four is shacking up in a 5 star hotel for a few days as the trim in my house is painted. Trying to make it somewhat fun for the kids since it’s spring break. No double beds available so we are all four in a king. Last night the alarm randomly goes off at 2am. At 3:30 am my daughter wet the bed. I think I had someone’s foot in my face the rest of the night.

I am starting to get annoyed that our iRobot, Roomba gets stuck under the same exact table every time it gos out to clean.

Yours too? Mine kept getting stuck under the same chair over and over. So it was either get rid of the chair or get rid of the Roomba. Guess who stayed?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My online groceries order is due any minute
I shouldn't complaint too much even thought i had to order 4 days out :(2 as we are getting cat foot and most of the things we ordered
But no kumera (sweet potato) rosti :(2

I havn't brought them since i was working full time because they are a bit expensive but i really felt like a change this week from cooking spuds/ kumera and im not in love with pasta and Gary has gone off hash browns even with bacon & eggs :angryfire:

Also my hazlenut coffee got subbed :boohoo: :boohoo:

but we got cat food :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
Although not the cat biscuits - i had to lug them home an hour's walk after work :lol-2: as thankfully the grocery shop next to work had some (slightly more expensive but then the supermarket had nothing :angryfire: - not even the expensive ones) :boohoo:

And we did get easter eggs ;)2

Last edited:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
My cars engine started overheating so it’s been in the shop- unfortunately we live in an area without good public transportation so it’s been a juggle trying to get everyone where they need to be for school and work. Cross your fingers for me that the mechanic can figure out the problem and that it won’t be too $$$ :)
Update: it’s an engine defect and needs to be completely replaced! Thank goodness I’m covered by the extended warranty and took it in before it broke down on the side of the highway. I have a “loaner” for now but it may take up to a month due to stock delays and challenges with staff shortages.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a KIND bar in my car's glove box.
Today I opened the glove box to get something, and discovered an empty wrapper, and a lot of mouse poops.

Yup..Those KIND bars definitely do that! They’re evil like Fiber 1 bars!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My family of four is shacking up in a 5 star hotel for a few days as the trim in my house is painted. Trying to make it somewhat fun for the kids since it’s spring break. No double beds available so we are all four in a king. Last night the alarm randomly goes off at 2am. At 3:30 am my daughter wet the bed. I think I had someone’s foot in my face the rest of the night.

What did a 5* hotel do for a wet bed with 4 sleepyheads at 4 AM?
Immediately deliver a new mattress and linens?
New room?

Did they charge you extra for the 'damage' or give you get a free night for your inconvenience?

P

Petalouda

What did a 5* hotel do for a wet bed with 4 sleepyheads at 4 AM?
Immediately deliver a new mattress and linens?
New room?

Did they charge you extra for the 'damage' or give you get a free night for your inconvenience?

This is bad to admit but we were so tired that we changed my daughter into dry clothes and then laid the hotel robe and a towel on the wet spot on the bed and went right back to sleep. The next day I asked the staff to change the linens and gave them a nice tip. The damage that was done was to my bill when the kids raided the snack tray thinking the snacks were free.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My white south sea Supearl is here but I still have to wait for my custom net necklace to be made and mailed so I can wear it. Still glad I didn’t drill it at all even though it means waiting.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
One scrambled egg or two scrambled eggs for breakfast :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So not last Friday but the one before i said to Gary
Its going to rain all next week
do you have anything that needs washing that can't go in the dryer

No

so by the following Tuesday its p*ssing down and he gives me 3 jerseys all covered in dust :angryfire:
i don't know where they came from ? One still had its price ticket on

so a week latter ive been doing washing all day
Which i normally don't mind
but ive got a week's worth to catch up on

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a glass sculpture and it broke in transit so now I have to ship it back and wait . Also waiting for my latest pearl order. I just don’t like waiting.

Also. It snowed this week. Grrrrr

Here’s the glass sculpture in case there’s any glass art fans. The drop broke off. Not surprising since it is solid and weighed like 2 lbs

5390E7E3-6D75-428A-9B76-5E006F519DB2.jpeg E870A012-A1CC-447E-B0E0-83902E56B523.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: CMN

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup..Those KIND bars definitely do that! They’re evil like Fiber 1 bars!!

This is bad to admit but we were so tired that we changed my daughter into dry clothes and then laid the hotel robe and a towel on the wet spot on the bed and went right back to sleep. The next day I asked the staff to change the linens and gave them a nice tip. The damage that was done was to my bill when the kids raided the snack tray thinking the snacks were free.

I mean, they *were* free… for your kids!! ;-)

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've recently discovered that the problems I had with finding a suit when I was 220lb has only gotten worst since I've dropped to 165lb. My neck is the exact same measurement it was before the weight loss.

I can't believe that I still need to wear an XL suit shirt when I wear a small or medium t shirt ;(

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've recently discovered that the problems I had with finding a suit when I was 220lb has only gotten worst since I've dropped to 165lb. My neck is the exact same measurement it was before the weight loss.

I can't believe that I still need to wear an XL suit shirt when I wear a small or medium t shirt ;(

Congratulations on your weight loss! Did you try fitted shirts? My sons have broad shoulders but thin waists. They have to get fitted shirts otherwise they had to fold the bottoms back to tuck in their pants. My husband has a thick neck, short arms, and takes a large. He does look normal..haha He really needed a custom shirt but now that he just retired it’s not worth it. He’s a no frills guy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's just not fare one little bit :(2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im having a woe is me moment so i guess this is the right place :lol-2: :boohoo:

So i just got a pay rise because the minimum wage just went up by $1.40
but due to secondary tax and what im allowed to earn while piggy backing on Gary's pension ill be lucky to see 30c of it

I walk an hour to work and an hour home again (because i want to go to work but the bus service is cr*p) for 3x 3 hour days for 3 of my 4 days (the other day is 6.5 and it kills me because we don't get a break and its standing on a concrete floor the whole time
And now i think i didn't work out my entitlements correctly and i owe the govt 2.5K :(2

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your weight loss! Did you try fitted shirts? My sons have broad shoulders but thin waists. They have to get fitted shirts otherwise they had to fold the bottoms back to tuck in their pants. My husband has a thick neck, short arms, and takes a large. He does look normal..haha He really needed a custom shirt but now that he just retired it’s not worth it. He’s a no frills guy.

We tried but there just isn't really a cut out there that fits me and custom is a bit too much for me to spend since it's a one-off event.

I have the same issue as well, little T-Rex arms - but my rib cage is larger than it should be thanks to my oversized lungs (average person is 6L or so, mine are 8.5L). But my neck is still like a tree trunk and when I need to do up a top button for a tie, then neck size is what I need to go by so I still need an XL. Slim fit shirts are like an oversized parachute on me.

I'm a size small at the waist and hips, medium arms, medium to large in the upper body but an XL at the neck. So I literally fit somewhere between a small and an XL.
This is why I just wear t shirts or polo shirts with all the buttons undone...

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im having a woe is me moment so i guess this is the right place :lol-2: :boohoo:

So i just got a pay rise because the minimum wage just went up by $1.40
but due to secondary tax and what im allowed to earn while piggy backing on Gary's pension ill be lucky to see 30c of it

I walk an hour to work and an hour home again (because i want to go to work but the bus service is cr*p) for 3x 3 hour days for 3 of my 4 days (the other day is 6.5 and it kills me because we don't get a break and its standing on a concrete floor the whole time
And now i think i didn't work out my entitlements correctly and i owe the govt 2.5K :(2

I wish we had a hug emoji-- this definitely calls for a hug!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish we had a hug emoji-- this definitely calls for a hug!

Thank you =)2

I just really want a full time job
Everywhere everyone just seems to want part timers
Part time just doesn't work or is financially visble when im still relatively young and have a morgage

And i want a nice job and of course one i can do competently

I don't dislike my present job - but the afternoon shift is all the cleaning :boohoo:
I work for and with nice people :kiss2: plus i never have to pay for bread :appl: - not that Gary will eat it :angryfire:
he calls it pig food (it is not pig food till i personality put it in the pig bucket at the end of the day)
the bread he demands is getting close to $5 a loaf - so i buy him the cheapest multi grain i can find- even that is now $2.50 up from $1.90
But the bread from work is so lovelly and fresh, i know it was baked like early this morning (well nor actually this morning as we are closed sunday thank goodness)
Im just having a tin of tuna on a couple of bits of toast made from a garlic loaf that has pesto swirled through it (thats bread for free :appl: ) - you can imangine how good that smells straight from the toaster ? :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Dont start me on hot cross buns
ours are twice the price of the supermarket because they are totally worth it
Gary used to love a hot cross bun
but he won't eat these ones :angryfire:
They are so fresh its me who puts them in their bag !
You can even smell the spice once they are in the bag !
People are happily spending $7 a half doz but Gary won't eat a free one :angryfire:
....well i am not buying him ones from the supermarket because i now know they taste yuck :lol: ( to put it into context for PS - its like mall jewlery but buns, at Easter :lol: )

seafarm

Shiny_Rock
We tried but there just isn't really a cut out there that fits me and custom is a bit too much for me to spend since it's a one-off event.

I have the same issue as well, little T-Rex arms - but my rib cage is larger than it should be thanks to my oversized lungs (average person is 6L or so, mine are 8.5L). But my neck is still like a tree trunk and when I need to do up a top button for a tie, then neck size is what I need to go by so I still need an XL. Slim fit shirts are like an oversized parachute on me.

I'm a size small at the waist and hips, medium arms, medium to large in the upper body but an XL at the neck. So I literally fit somewhere between a small and an XL.
This is why I just wear t shirts or polo shirts with all the buttons undone...
Do you know anyone that sews or a local seamstress?

It’s reasonably easy to remove a shirts cuff, cut off the excess and replace it. I’ve done this on my partners more formal shirts as he has shortish arms.

Mens shirts usually have double stitched seams making it a little more difficult to take them in, so an easier solution could be to put darts in the back/and or front - depending on the fabrics pattern of course.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you know anyone that sews or a local seamstress?

It’s reasonably easy to remove a shirts cuff, cut off the excess and replace it. I’ve done this on my partners more formal shirts as he has shortish arms.

Mens shirts usually have double stitched seams making it a little more difficult to take them in, so an easier solution could be to put darts in the back/and or front - depending on the fabrics pattern of course.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Thats a great idea @jordyonbass .

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My washing machine wont spin or drain
very bad timing financially
Have hung up a wet load
I don't have much strength in my fingers and hands
Its dripping wet
this would have been ok back in windy Wellington but we get endless still days here and trees don't grow on a lean

It can't go in the dryer that wet and both my work shirts are now wet

there are these new fangled laundromats around the place
I might just have to lug what i can down there -like our clothes
Its 20min walk away

I could hand wash in the bath but its the wringing it out that i cant do very well and washing that takes too long to dry smells
Maybe i need to get some dryer sheets
i havn't used those in years

Im not sure how many damp used towels i can carry down the road :(2

I have never even been inside a laundromat- i'll poke my head in the door on the way home from work tomorrow

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, do you have (or can you borrow), a folding shopping cart, or even a child's wagon? Anything with wheels you can use to take the wet clothes to the laundromat, instead of lugging them?

We bought a folding shopping cart when I was having to take groceries to my mother, and then bought a second one when we had to move our daughter into her college dorm-- saved our arms and backs! Indispensible. And not very costly.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My washing machine wont spin or drain
very bad timing financially
Have hung up a wet load
I don't have much strength in my fingers and hands
Its dripping wet
this would have been ok back in windy Wellington but we get endless still days here and trees don't grow on a lean

It can't go in the dryer that wet and both my work shirts are now wet

there are these new fangled laundromats around the place
I might just have to lug what i can down there -like our clothes
Its 20min walk away

I could hand wash in the bath but its the wringing it out that i cant do very well and washing that takes too long to dry smells
Maybe i need to get some dryer sheets
i havn't used those in years

Im not sure how many damp used towels i can carry down the road :(2

I have never even been inside a laundromat- i'll poke my head in the door on the way home from work tomorrow

You've probably already thought of this but if you need an outfit for work soon, you could wring it out the best you can, then iron it dry. Good luck!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can also lay the work shirt on a bath towel and roll it up to absorb as much water as possible before ironing.
Of course then you'd have a damp towel to hang up to dry, but at least you'd have your work shirt faster.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can also dry it with a hairdryer after getting as much water out after rolling it with a towel.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You've probably already thought of this but if you need an outfit for work soon, you could wring it out the best you can, then iron it dry. Good luck!

No
i didn't think of that
thank you

its just a very unsexy polyester coke a cola sponsored black Bob Charles (golf shirt) but i only have 2 because i only work part time and i work Mon Tues then Fri Sat

That's a great idea
thank you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results