shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your 1st world problem today

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I bought some chocolates from trader joe because it had the word "truffle" in it. Stupid me thought it was flavored with mushrooms and got really excited because I've never had truffles. I love mushrooms and I love chocolates, so should be a winner! Turns out they're just plain chocolates. I forgot chocolate truffles meant something else. Took a few days to get over my disappointment and then found out my husband ate them all :(2
My I first tasted truffles in a truffle and white cheddar popcorn. Just one taste - and the rest is history. Popcorn is a great way to experience the taste of truffles because it’s such a neutral Carrier. I got that first, totally extravagant bag of popcorn at Cost plus. Unfortunately they no longer carry that product, but there are other brands out there. Or, you could buy a bottle of truffle oil and make your own using one of the many recipes available online.

Truffle oil is also the secret ingredient in this, one of my favorite Mac and cheese recipe. The only adjustment I’d make to this recipe is to either decrease the amount of noodles, or to increase the sauce by about 50% (especially if you’re making more than one meal’s worth.). Oh, and the bread crumb topping is totally optional.

Truffle oil is usually available at higher-end grocery stores like Whole Foods, or specialty stores like William Sonoma - but I usually find mine at discount stores like Marshall’s and TJ Maxx and such!

Last edited:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
Seriously considering subscribing to a calorie-controlled, macros-controlled meal delivery service to get my eating in order and lose some weight. I work out 4-5 days a week (intense tennis sessions on 2-3 of those days) and yet I haven't lost a single bit... because of food! I indulge too much. I'm quite frankly getting irritated. I need to lose weight! The world is opening up! People are making plans! I don't want to show up looking like a whale... I've cleared my skin (had bad acne) but now I'm fat. What a trip!!!

ETA cos I realised I wasn't done with my rant:
The meal delivery service is EXPENSIVE! I'm looking at either a low-carb or Paleo plan at 1500-1700 cals/day. I wouldn't even know how long I'd need to do it for before I start seeing results. I'm burning on average 1800-2300 calories a day (depending on activity) but it feels like I eat twice that in one meal. I'm upset!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Seriously considering subscribing to a calorie-controlled, macros-controlled meal delivery service to get my eating in order and lose some weight. I work out 4-5 days a week (intense tennis sessions on 2-3 of those days) and yet I haven't lost a single bit... because of food! I indulge too much. I'm quite frankly getting irritated. I need to lose weight! The world is opening up! People are making plans! I don't want to show up looking like a whale... I've cleared my skin (had bad acne) but now I'm fat. What a trip!!!

The meal delivery service is EXPENSIVE! I'm looking at either a low-carb or Paleo plan at 1500-1700 cals/day. I wouldn't even know how long I'd need to do it for before I start seeing results. I'm burning on average 1800-2300 calories a day (depending on activity) but it feels like I eat twice that in one meal. I'm upset!

Honestly, food intake is the main thing when it comes to weight loss. Exercise is icing on the proverbial cake! Maybe try and app first and count calories if you’re reluctant to spend on the meal plan!

I’m joking about ice cream in my other posts of course, but I’ve successfully lost a massive amount of weight before. I’m just in my I-will-live-with-my-spare-tire phase :lol:

Anyways…weight loss sucks. It’s hard and horrible and takes endless self control, while others can eat what they want and stay thin!

Godspeed!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
My first world problem is that I posted a dissenting opinion on another thread.

Ive been reading that thread and I thought you were respectful in your responses. I can appreciate wanting to have a conversation. I won’t be wading in with my opinion. I would rather have the discussions face to face than on line.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
One of the systems at work is archaic. It takes a whole 10 seconds to run a report and it drives me batty. I can't believe I got high speed internet only to be mired in this crap. It's such bull. They need to spring for more hamsters or whatever they have running that thing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I bought some chocolates from trader joe because it had the word "truffle" in it. Stupid me thought it was flavored with mushrooms and got really excited because I've never had truffles. I love mushrooms and I love chocolates, so should be a winner! Turns out they're just plain chocolates. I forgot chocolate truffles meant something else. Took a few days to get over my disappointment and then found out my husband ate them all :(2

give them to me
ill eat them

ive never had mushroomy truffles either

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i walk over an hour to work and then home again 4 days a week
including a very steep bi*ch of a hill at the end
im on my feet at work the whole time

but we sell donoughts, sandwiches and pies and the owner - he bakes the most delicouse bread
we can have what we want for lunch but we don't get propper breaks so grabbing something to eat keeps me going
i may enjoy the odd custard bun ....
and we can take home leftovers
its the bread that gets me
its sooooooooooo good
i take it home and eat it with cream cheese

anyway have this fat neck problem where my beaded necklaces dont fit

if i knocked off the pastry I'd loose a few pounds and i usually loose weight off my face first (and hopefully neck)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
...so in the summer i make the beds in our house look really pretty and matchy matchy, no patterns, plain coloured sheets only, always matching
even the cat blankets are pretty

come the winter i just grab what ever is clean and dry
so ugly
last year we got cold with just regular flannel so i brought some of those polarfleese type ones they call polarflannel - but it was too late in the season for the shops and all they had left were the ugly as sin ones

I don't care so much at night when its dark and cold but toasty warm in bed
but i hate walking past a badroom in the daylight
our guest bed currently has black polar flannel sheets
my bed has mustard-blue-white blocks and Gary's is grey camo on the top with black with a white grid pattern on the bottom

it doesn't help the fitted bottom sheets dont bl**dy well fit so we have to mix and match the flat sheets and it seems to be impossible to buy flat winter sheets not in a packet with a stupid fitted one

the matching pillowcases are too hot but the cats like them for snuggling under

mixing matching jewlery is ok in my book
mixing and matching sheets is just ugly

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my cushion diamond with David getting set in a new setting. I always get 18k white gold. I decided I wanted yellow gold this time. I went with 18k yellow gold. I didn’t realize it would be more yellow. I emailed David too late to ask if he could switch it to 14k yellow gold. He asked me if it would bother me but I told him no because I knew he had it made already by his question. There was no way I would ask him to redo it. I hope I like it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so a week ago i got notification that my tiny lamair fascated beads had arrived ?
hello ?
really ?
where ?

the day before my green lamair beads had arrived but they were from a completly different etsy vendor and from a different country
oddly etsy says they havn't even left yet

anyway it was a tiny purchase but money is still money but i tried not to worry, it hardly seemed worth the trouble to bother the vendor (yet)
anyway they came today - 7 days latter

im just relived they arrived and glad i stayed calm which is a lot eaiser to do with such a modest purchase

but odd
just odd
i would hate to be waiting on something more valuable

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally buying a totally spanking new car for the first time. It's a hybrid (we don't have the infrastructure for full EV) Good luck even finding a physical car to look at. We can't get this car as we want ordered for at least 3 months best case scenario, apparently, if we're lucky. It was cheaper to order it with more features new than to buy the one 'newly' used we found on the one lot that has one?! Prices just don't make sense right now. There must be quite a few of us is in the same weird situation for this very common car. We've been chasing the combos. we want even for preorder all over two states.
There is some humor though in the weird confluence of absurd manufactured exclusivity...for a Honda.
This whole weekend was a ridiculous adventure of phone tag and drive time all to the sound track of Benny Hill.
Yes, you have to listen to it :lol:

I feel your pain, it took us forever to find our Honda Accord Hybrid, they kept getting sold before they hit the lot.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain, it took us forever to find our Honda Accord Hybrid, they kept getting sold before they hit the lot.
We couldn't even find one with our package to test drive, then they had to swap cars with another dealer in Michigan or something just to get an order in before January. We ordered it with all the bells and whistles and well, still waiting.
Hopefully September. Maybe.
The crappy thing is I really like the 2023 body style and now they're talking summer release-but the hybrid will be later this year(?) Ours is already ordered and we do need a car now. We just gave the family car (AWD Crosstour- I loved this car) to my oldest for school after the old Accord finally just gave up. So, I gots no wheels of my own and out here in the woods that's no good.
All this PIA and I don't even like the way it looks. It's a bit goofy with the over rounded front end. I would rather have the Accord Hybrid. That's a nice looking car. DH wants the space and the AWD. Puts a little damper on feeling excited about finally getting a new, new car.

I'm just going to be secret salty about it forever.
I feel like a brat, getting all petulant about it.
Thbbbpt! Boo.

Alright there Veruca, pipe down.

Kay, I'm done crying about it now.:lol:

GK2

Rough_Rock
I’m in the UK. It’s too hot. I’m melting. It’s going to be hotter tomorrow. us Brits are not used to this.

my fingers are too swollen for my rings and the thought of putting a necklace on makes me sweat even more :cry2:

roll on Wednesday when this will all be over:lol-2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a delivery, either Friday evening, or Saturday morning, don’t know when because they didn’t bother to knock, just dumped it on the drive. The exterior packaging was gouged, and of course, so was the item inside. Rang this morning to report the damage, was sent a link to upload photos, great, except it wouldn’t accept the photos as JPEGs or PDFs. Wasted 1 1/2 hrs in total trying to sort it out, to be told by Customer Services that other people were having a problem using the link, so they’d email me and I could reply directly to the email with photos. No email :x2 Then another item we ordered arrived damaged, and they charged us for delivery again on the replacement item. NOT happening, more time on the phone trying to sort it out.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so cold!!!! I'm at swimming with DS and granted I'm not the one swimming but air temperature is 11 degrees C and I'm freezing waiting for him.

Seriously regretting winter swimming training

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Bluetooth headphones which connect to both laptop and phone lost my laptop when a phone call came in then refused to find it again. Of course it was in the middle of a meeting where I was about to update on something.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
My dear little baby banana plant is wilting & drooping in this UK heatwave. I've moved it into the shade & added a mulch to the soil. I just hope I can nurse it through this intense, blistering heat. I know it's only a plant but I love this little guy:cool2:

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
We are buying a vacation house….at the height of the real estate bubble. Worst timing ever.

Vacay house is in another state so we packed our vehicles to stay the weekend at settlement. My SUV was really full and the push button latch wouldn’t shut. So my husband pushes it down even though I was standing there telling him not to. He bent the hinge and now it won’t open properly ( opens but you have to push button and pull it ) and since it’s a Mercedes, it’s going to cost $4000 to fix. I keep cars for 10 plus years normally so my choices are pay to have it fixed or be mad at him every time I have to use it ( it’s only 1.5 years old ).

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
9:30 in the evening, probably 30 degrees inside and I'm working out sweating like a pig cause I wanna stay fit.
I'm on a break now, giving myself 5...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m in the UK. It’s too hot. I’m melting. It’s going to be hotter tomorrow. us Brits are not used to this.

my fingers are too swollen for my rings and the thought of putting a necklace on makes me sweat even more :cry2:

roll on Wednesday when this will all be over:lol-2:

its winter here but we have been watching your heat wave on the news and hope you all somehow manage to keep cool somehow
do you have air cons in your homes ?
lucky heat pumps are common here and they do cold in summer otherwise we would just wilt and die we had a 5 month summer here in Wanganui this year

Reactions: Kya

GK2

Rough_Rock
its winter here but we have been watching your heat wave on the news and hope you all somehow manage to keep cool somehow
do you have air cons in your homes ?
lucky heat pumps are common here and they do cold in summer otherwise we would just wilt and die we had a 5 month summer here in Wanganui this year

No, very few homes in the UK have air con as we don’t get the extreme temperatures.

It looks like the heat has broken, but the fires it has triggered across the country are a reminder of what other countries routinely face.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So I went to buy a new Bass guitar today, I figured out a way to protect my dodgy finger and have been playing Bass again lately and decided it was time to get a 5 string Bass again. I wanted an Ibanez SR305EB-WK, doesn't sound like much of a name but it is a tastefully done satin black Bass with the kind of 'clanky' sound I like for playing the heavy music I play. I check with the local music shop and they confirm they are available.
I go down there, well they're available to purchase but I would have to wait for one to be shipped from the distributor. So instead I went with just the standard SR305EB, same configuration but with a Cerulean Blue finish that looks more like an Emerald bluish-green than anything. I've always had Black, White or natural wood grain finishes so something a bit sparkly in a green like this this very new for me and I quite like it. But damn I really wanted that satin Black so badly ;(

A pic of me new toy, @kenny might even like this one! 20220720_124845.jpg

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I have come to the realization that I don't like my stud earrings but I like having diamonds (shocker) so I really should find a way to re-use them. A rhr and a pendant would make me so much happier.

I don't know why it took me so long to admit that I hate how they look on me. They look so pretty on everyone else but I'm a hoop girl at heart.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jordy, your new bass is beautiful.
It looks very 'fluid', like an amoeba blob oozing under a microscope.

Do each of those two pickups have two rows of elements?
Then, does each string have two pair of elements on each of the two rows?
That would be 4 elements per string.
How does that affect the tone?
Are there electronics to manipulate how much of each of those 4 elements we hear, and are there electronics to manipulate the phase of each of the four?

54.png

Usually, here in the US, we can get almost everything immediately.
But during COVID we too have to wait for many things, especially guitars.
So we are getting a taste of what much of world has always had to settle for.

The usual 4 bass strings are tuned to an octave below the lowest-pitch 4 guitar stings, E A D G.
Does your bass add one higher-pitched or lower-pitched note?
And what IS that pitch?

Same question for the 6 string basses.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jordy, your new bass is beautiful.
It looks very 'fluid', like an amoeba blob oozing under a microscope.

Do each of those two pickups have two rows of elements?
Then, does each string have two pair of elements on each of the two rows?
That would be 4 elements per string.
How does that affect the tone?
Are there electronics to manipulate how much of each of those 4 elements we hear, and are there electronics to manipulate the phase of each of the four?

54.png

Usually, here in the US, we can get almost everything immediately.
But during COVID we too have to wait for many things, especially guitars.
So we are getting a taste of what much of world has always had to settle for.

The usual 4 bass strings are tuned to an octave below the lowest-pitch 4 guitar stings, E A D G.
Does your bass add one higher-pitched or lower-pitched note?
And what IS that pitch?

Same question for the 6 string basses.

I'm not exactly sure what the electronic geek explanation is for the difference - however this Bass has a whole lot of clank and zingy tone which is what I currently love. The more clanky, the better.

The 5th string is a lower pitched string, tuned to B. On a 6 string you get an additional high pitch string tuned to C. I've never had the need for a 6 string but there's been plenty of times on a 4 string where I've wished to have some of those lower notes so a 5 string is quite a good option for me.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so its freezing cold here
im not complaing because most of the country is having winter storms with major disruptions and we just have rain and a bit of wind
so the heat pump is blasting
now in NZ most people only heat the room they are in
every time i look up the lounge door is open a cat width ...
they are both very good at opening the door but they never close it after themselves

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results