shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your 1st world problem today

I can see this becoming my next most visited thread.

My latest gripe: I just sold off a large jewelry box bc I had downsized my collection so I didn't think I needed it anymore. Well since then, my collection has slowly started ticking up. So now I'm tossing around the idea of possibly needing a larger box after all. Le sigh.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Cinders I understand…I‘m getting braces tomorrow. I’m not young so I’m going to look ridiculous. They’re not Invisaligns…They’re the full metal teeny bopper ones…ugh

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I do not want to go to my dental appointment today. And, I have to leave soon. I should not even be online but I'm procrastinating.
I am so ridiculous. I'm back from my appointment and am now a teeny bit irritated that the dentist did not do enough. :eek-2::boohoo::roll::roll2: So, I guess being ridiculous is my current first-world problem.

@Cinders I understand…I‘m getting braces tomorrow. I’m not young so I’m going to look ridiculous. They’re not Invisaligns…They’re the full metal teeny bopper ones…ugh

Braces are only temporary and your teeth will look fabulous when you are finished. I've been toying with that idea, too because my bottom teeth have moved so much since I had braces. It would be nice to have perfectly straight teeth again.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so ridiculous. I'm back from my appointment and am now a teeny bit irritated that the dentist did not do enough. :eek-2::boohoo::roll::roll2: So, I guess being ridiculous is my current first-world problem.

Braces are only temporary and your teeth will look fabulous when you are finished. I've been toying with that idea, too because my bottom teeth have moved so much since I had braces. It would be nice to have perfectly straight teeth again.

Thanks..I never had braces when I was young. I guess that’s why I need the heavy duty ones. Only my bottom teeth have shifted. The tops are fine..but she said I needed them there too.
Maybe you can get the Invisaligns..

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Thanks..I never had braces when I was young. I guess that’s why I need the heavy duty ones. Only my bottom teeth have shifted. The tops are fine..but she said I needed them there too.
Maybe you can get the Invisaligns..

I have thought about it. It's hard for me to justify since we have a kiddo going to college who also recently had his braces removed. Plus, I'm bordering on shut-in status with regard to actual social interactions. :lol:;));))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have thought about it. It's hard for me to justify since we have a kiddo going to college who also recently had his braces removed. Plus, I'm bordering on shut-in status with regard to actual social interactions. :lol:;));))

I’m the same..I decline every invitation except for my close family. Actually I’m meeting my friends for lunch outside the end of the month. It’s the first time in over a year.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see this becoming my next most visited thread.

My latest gripe: I just sold off a large jewelry box bc I had downsized my collection so I didn't think I needed it anymore. Well since then, my collection has slowly started ticking up. So now I'm tossing around the idea of possibly needing a larger box after all. Le sigh.

Oooohhh - that's a good one! VERY first world!

Our air conditioner has gone on the fritz, won't be replaced for 3 weeks, and I'm in Southern California and the temps every day are in the 90's. Why is this so first world? Because I could just get on a plane and go back to my house in Boston, but I like being in Cali for the summer because Boston is so humid.

Alternately, I could just get in the pool here, but I don't want to get burnt.

Normally I'd go over to my best friend's house, but his son (my god son) has covid, so I can't.

So this is all just VERY INCONVENIENT!! And I'm HOT. And not in a good way.

:roll2:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
[DF MODE] Post Pics! :evil2: [/DF MODE]
Sorry, but it was just sitting there. ;)2

Would someone please tell me why I can't see Kenny's gif (or whatever it is?)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When did my husband become incapable of following simple directions that have resulted in late fees for: parking, registration, parking tickets … like. Wtf. In the last month—hubby has lost all sense of responsibility. These are his—not mine. And every single one of them has a late fee attached bc he didn’t deal with them. No excuses. Oh. And forget about convincing him to schedule his own doctor’s appointments! Seriously. I’m fed up. I will not be responsible for a grown man!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
It takes my roomba all day to vacuum my house. The pets don’t go in 2 bedrooms and 3 others have been mostly unused (and closed off to the pets) since I had my baby so I’m not even asking it to clean the entire house. I have a friend flying in soon who’s mildly allergic to the cat. I usually try to vacuum and shampoo the carpets before she comes but with the baby I’ll just have to remember to run the roomba everyday. I wish it were faster so it could vacuum everything maybe 2-3x/ day.

I also didn’t buy the one that empties itself and I wish I did. My dogs are double coated so there are clumps of fur everywhere and the bin fills up fast, which also gets on my nerves.

At some point my husband and I are going to agree on a flooring to replace our floors… it’s been 3 years of back and forth. I hate carpet.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooohhh - that's a good one! VERY first world!

Our air conditioner has gone on the fritz, won't be replaced for 3 weeks, and I'm in Southern California and the temps every day are in the 90's. Why is this so first world? Because I could just get on a plane and go back to my house in Boston, but I like being in Cali for the summer because Boston is so humid.

Alternately, I could just get in the pool here, but I don't want to get burnt.

Normally I'd go over to my best friend's house, but his son (my god son) has covid, so I can't.

So this is all just VERY INCONVENIENT!! And I'm HOT. And not in a good way.

:roll2:
:lol: I grew up without air conditioning..I have no idea how I survived that. I would go to a hotel @mrs-b..but I’m a wimp. We would draw a cold bath and just soak for hours..lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lime scale
i hate it
the laundry tub hot tap is frozen solid
i probably havn't used it in two years
because i don't use the tub
but just now i wanted to and the tap will not budge even 1 mm
it hurt my hand and still wont budge
i had to use a bucket and card water from the kitchen sink
and Gary is being very unhelpful

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Noooooo! When I say - not in a good way - I MEAN not in a good way! I'm a big puddle of sweat. NOT good.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first world problem is that I posted a dissenting opinion on another thread.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first world problem is that I posted a dissenting opinion on another thread.

just remember is regular face to face life we dont agree 100% with everything even our partner or best friend thinks
so why should the internet be any different ? =)2

And even if we all liked the same sort of jewlery it would get borring quickly

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love this..I hope you’re watching us DF..❤️

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
just remember is regular face to face life we dont agree 100% with everything even our partner or best friend thinks
so why should the internet be any different ? =)2

And even if we all liked the same sort of jewlery it would get borring quickly

Awww. That’s very true. Thanks for the reminder.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im feeling really bummed out
i thought i could fix the washing machine with a deep hot clean and a bottle of stuff
last time this happened it worked but we didn't have hard water before

ill come right in about 6 weeks but right now im swamped with bills

now that its winter it takes me more than an hour to walk home from work (i now walk on a better lit street but its a bit further)
i feel like i work really hard for my wages, its depressing it all going on bills
sigh

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I bought some chocolates from trader joe because it had the word "truffle" in it. Stupid me thought it was flavored with mushrooms and got really excited because I've never had truffles. I love mushrooms and I love chocolates, so should be a winner! Turns out they're just plain chocolates. I forgot chocolate truffles meant something else. Took a few days to get over my disappointment and then found out my husband ate them all :(2

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
We want to go to Yosemite this weekend but the National Park's peak hour (6 am - 4 pm) reservations are all booked up. Now we don't know what to do.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, that sux!
Hope you're okay.
I assume you were driving your classic & vintage Buick ............... wait for it ..................... OPAL. :mrgreen: :doh: :mrgreen:

Opal GT.jpg

I had one of those! It was my first car, passed down to me from my brother via my father. My father actually bought another, more vintage Opel after he retired. The guy who bought it after my father passed away had wanted an Opel since back when he was in high school, and was looking around to fixing it up and tooling around town in it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m out of coffee beans and was too lazy to go to the store.

Now I’m stuck with tea tomorrow :geek:

That would be a nightmare!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't row on the rowing machine today and I feel fat. Now I want to eat a Madeleine but it's 12.31 am and I'm too lazy to go heat one up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results