shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your 1st world problem today

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'm pregnant & quite hormonal so I've amassed quite the list of meaningless 1st world gripes. For sheer amusement, I'll share, oh & also keep in mind each bullet is something that I've had a mini breakdown over or have literally cried about :lol-2:

- One of my blooming iris stalks got knocked over by the weight of the blooms & the rain. I wouldn't care as much if she wasn't right in front of our home, plus there's two of them & now one is up, the other down & it's bothering my OCD to no end. I'm tempted to cut it off but it's still kicking, it's just laying horizontally on the lavender shrub next to it.

- My MIL just tested + for covid & my FIL came over. We told him he could (before he could get an accurate reading on a test as it's too early) come to visit as long as we all stayed outside & he wore a mask. My MIL is young & extremely healthy & covid is kicking her butt, so imagine my surprise when I walked out of our bedroom Saturday to discover my FIL in our kitchen without a mask on. Ensue hormonal rage...

- I'm quite young but I enjoy & have always enjoyed writing letters to family & loved ones. I rarely get one back but the joy is in sending them. We moved to another state, across the U.S. last year so I had quite a few handwritten letters I had made & planned on sending out to update others on the goings on of life up here. It was 5:30pm when I finished sealing the back of my last one & I was about to go put them in the mailbox. I didn't rush as I assumed the mailman had already came that day. I then look out the window and see he was already there & now the tires were moving! I had missed him that day by a hair! Idk what it was, (well I do, the hormones dear!!) But lord was that upsetting! It felt as if my life depended on getting those puppies out & I had failed!! So so silly in hindsight...

There's many many more but let's not share my delicate disposition at the moment with the world via permanent online record! Lol

At least I can say that for every gripe there's 10 things that I am excited & grateful for & I feel truly blessed ❤️

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Finally buying a totally spanking new car for the first time. It's a hybrid (we don't have the infrastructure for full EV) Good luck even finding a physical car to look at. We can't get this car as we want ordered for at least 3 months best case scenario, apparently, if we're lucky. It was cheaper to order it with more features new than to buy the one 'newly' used we found on the one lot that has one?! Prices just don't make sense right now. There must be quite a few of us is in the same weird situation for this very common car. We've been chasing the combos. we want even for preorder all over two states.
There is some humor though in the weird confluence of absurd manufactured exclusivity...for a Honda.
This whole weekend was a ridiculous adventure of phone tag and drive time all to the sound track of Benny Hill.
Yes, you have to listen to it :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re-joined gym for about 1 month, working out at least 3x a week plus 2 hiking days….so 5 active days a week, have not lost any Covid pounds

Muscle is heavier than fat
get off the scales and see how your clothes fit nicer
(Says the porker who walks 5km twice a day 4 days a week to and from work and then eats / i mean sells donoughts and pies and just the most delicouse soft white fluffy cheesey freshly baked bread for a living) who's necklaces are all too tight and so bores PS with my never ending quest to lengthen said too tight necklaces

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Online groceries arrived last night (it was dark, i left the porch light on)
They thankfully come contactles and we hear them because our front door opens into our living room
Anyway was looking forward to a fresh green shrimp salad
i already had the lettuce and the tomatoes and the red onion all waiting and my mouth was watering in anticipation
Its winter here and i need green !

Anyway my frozens got left on the truck
frozen chicken, my shrimps, potato gratin and frozen oven chips
Over $30

Just took me half an hour to request the refund by email because the paperwork type is miniscule on their invoices

They are usually pretty good with refunds but i was really looking forward to that shrimp cocktail (Gary's 1000 island dressing arrived of course)
Grrrrrrrrrrr ! Snap !:x2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to be fare to countdown (that's what we call Woolworths) because they get a bad rap from every quarter right now and despite yesterday being a public holiday i got an email first thing and a $50 credit back to my band account by the time i checked about lunch time.
I had taken the opertunity to also complain about leaky milk from the week before and a missing roll of cat food (the one i use to put out for the strays) and $50 more than covers it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not happy
But at least its now in my mind reduced to just a 1st works problem so i guess that's progress

my larimar beads i was so excitted about (with the intention of stringing them with my Whitby jet) are 98% probably dyed quartz, 2 % possibly dyed pectolite, 0 % larimar
Sigh

i thought i had done my dew diligence reading up on lairma and its fakes before i purchased but i was drooped by laungage (Italian larmair anyone? *)- i should have just known the price was too good to be true

* i thought that just ment that the beads were cut/ made whatever in Italy
Look how pretty they were ?
Year i can see now they are fakes :(2

Attachments

• 20220607_201752.jpg
    20220607_201752.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220608_003543.jpg
    20220608_003543.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 53

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is your right foot feeling any lighter?

Nope! But my wallet certainly is! :cheeky:

As I remind myself, no one ever bought a 911 to save money! But geez... between that and the the $525 annual oil change, I'm driving a lot of bling at 100 MPH...

GK2

Rough_Rock
I’m on holiday in Sweden - finally after two years we got away - but the car rental company thought they were doing me a favour by upgrading the rental to the biggest Volvo estate they have. I requested the smallest car on the reservation form as I drive a fiesta in the uk and am very happy in a smaller car!

I manage to navigate out of an unfamiliar city, driving what feels like a tank on the ‘wrong side’ of the road, only to find that the hotel garage entrance is narrowed due to roadworks and I have to do a fifty point turn to get into it, watched by 15 workmen. Aaaargh

And now I have to get the car out this morning and they are still there
:cry2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got T boned by someone who ran a red light last week, now dealing with threats and intimidation tactics to try make me get my insurer to pay out their vehicle.

Told them have fun dealing with the investigators, slightly annoying but nothing major.
Aw, that sux!
Hope you're okay.
I assume you were driving your classic & vintage Buick ............... wait for it ..................... OPAL. :mrgreen: :doh: :mrgreen:

Opal GT.jpg

Last edited:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aw, that sux!
Hope you're okay.
I assume you were driving your classic & vintage Buick ............... wait for it ..................... OPAL. :mrgreen: :doh: :mrgreen:

Opal GT.jpg

Hahaha!!
I'm all good and it was a GM Colorado, second one totalled at this company now. Can definitely vouch for their structural safety, both times I've walked away unhurt thankfully.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't find anyone to mow Mil's lawn

They keep saying they'll show up but they won't! She's had some challenges and we didn't realize until it was a million miles high. And they keep lying and promising and then don't show up! Just tell me you don't want the ffing job so I can ring someone else ffs!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Received news my father is going downhill fast. He laid down to change the oil but couldn't get up. Couldn't reach the mobile to call anyone. My mum found him and helped him up. It seems it is in the family genes on the male side. His older brother has full blown dementia and is wheelchair bound. My father is sure to follow within the next 2 years as he is already exhibiting similar symptoms of memory loss and muscle weakness.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry Chrono.:blackeye:
Sending an E-hug to you.

Even though it's natural it's still hard to face old age and the inevitable, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
Life is precious.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
There's a large crack in my stamped concrete driveway, and the hinges are wonky on the custom door that hides my smaller fridge. Now the door won't close properly. But I live in the 3rd world, so I don't know if this counts.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sick. I’ve been sick for a week and half. Started with an ear ache. Turned into an ear infection, then a double ear infection. Progressed to head, throat, and nose. Now hubby is sick.

*sigh* It could be worse. But I’m just having cabin fever. I am ready to feel normal again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't find anyone to mow Mil's lawn

They keep saying they'll show up but they won't! She's had some challenges and we didn't realize until it was a million miles high. And they keep lying and promising and then don't show up! Just tell me you don't want the ffing job so I can ring someone else ffs!!!!!

Do you have student job search over there ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you weren’t so young I would say you were in Menopause! :lol-2:

I gotta say im not looking forward to that !
My lady boss assures me its not worth the trade off of saving $10 a month

I forgot to get my parking validated and didn't have time/too lazy to go back and get it done. So I had to pay the full fee.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ouch
just brought something for a birthday present on etsy using paypal which is in US$$$$
Ouch getting about 59 US cents to a NZ$
Ouch ouch ouch
a few years back it was like 91c US

Usually i have etsy set to NZ$
This alternative is way too depressing

Then i have shipping
Sigh

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too many pairs of shoes.

Can’t decide between 2 bracelets to purchase, Vca Perlee Sweet Clover vs Cartier JUC. I wish I have a much bigger budget for Perlee Clover instead :(

Oo, did you purchase something yet... bc a PSer is selling a perlee clover!

ETA - I admire the VCA pieces and thread, however I am *not* well-versed in their lines. This isn't a sweet, and reading back I don't think it's what you were after... but just in case! :)

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock

ETA - I admire the VCA pieces and thread, however I am *not* well-versed in their lines. This isn't a sweet, and reading back I don't think it's what you were after... but just in case! :)

https://loupetroop.com/listings/bra...w someone paid attention to what I wrote here

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
What’s wrong with my reply above?

Hi @rainydaze, yes yes I didn’t wait long to bite the bullet to go straight for a RG Perlee Clover instead. A really kind SA went extra miles to source for me within days when I visited Paris.

Thanks so much for the heads-up, really nice to know someone pays attention to what I wrote here

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results