shape
carat
color
clarity

P.S members whats your occupation ?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2005 9:38:23 AM
Author: mary
Hello,

I am a nurse administrator. Love my rings. I can now wear them to work since I no longer do physical patient care.

m

I think that''s one of the reasons I''m so reluctant to go back to work...I have become so used to wearing my jewelry everyday! And you are right, you can''t wear much when you are doing patient care. The couple of years that I worked in administration, I loved being able to wear my jewelry and something other than scrubs to work!

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
Hey Jellybean I''m a pharmacy student, only a first year. I have 3 more years to go and finals(for this year obviously) are done next week. I cant wait for the summer. Been a pharmacy technician for 5 years. Love my job, and I cant wait to be a pharmacist!

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Qualified as a junior Architect a couple of years back... work in a local gov. practice for the last couple of years since Grad. now moving on to private practice.

Still get a buzz when i have a project complete
1.gif

Tho i would, if i could - go back to working at Theme Parks working the rides as an op - twas the most fun job ive had so far, specially looking after the wooden coaster we had at the park - fulfills my sadistic streak really
31.gif
(my fave trick was to hide one of the old wheels, or spare bolts under the train, and ''find'' it as i was about the train depart... oooo the face''s!! heh heh heh.
11.gif
)

Shay

Shiny_Rock
I am a researcher and writer for an educational radio training and production NGO. (phew how''s that for a title?
9.gif
)

I am at the moment in the running for a job as as commissioning editor at a major publishing house, I''ll find out if I got it in a few weeks. Hold thumbs for me Pricecopers.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2005 4:53
6.gif
2 AM
Author: Lord Summerisle

Tho i would, if i could - go back to working at Theme Parks working the rides as an op - twas the most fun job ive had so far, specially looking after the wooden coaster we had at the park - fulfills my sadistic streak really
31.gif
(my fave trick was to hide one of the old wheels, or spare bolts under the train, and ''find'' it as i was about the train depart... oooo the face''s!! heh heh heh.
11.gif
)
6.gif
You are bad, Lord Summerisle.

Have you ever read The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand? That is one of my favorites, and the main character is an architect with very high personal standards.

nutty

Rough_Rock
I currently sell computer software full-time and work part-time as a youth hockey program director. Not completely thrilled with either job at the moment. I''m on the search for what I want to be when I grow up.
1.gif

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
I have been a nurse for the past 7 years, working in the ER and ICU''s, but graduated last May with my Masters degree and am now a Nurse Practitioner....no more school, ever!!!! Woo hoo!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I'm an executive assistant at a financial company. I have a bachelor's degree in Social Work but can't really afford to be a social worker right now.
7.gif

My job is not the most mentally stimulating but I work with really great people who treat me very well. The pay is nice, and the thought of taking a 20K pay cut right now just does not appeal to me right now. (Even though I'd rather be doing social work)
7.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I majored in "poverty" according to my father - aka Art History
1.gif

I currently work at a museum in an administrative position, but am looking for something new and plan to head back next spring to start a dual masters -- one in public relations (my previous minor, 6 credits short of a double major) and the second masters in public services management with a concentration on fundraising and philanthropy.

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
I''m thrilled to say, that after 3 years of telecommuting part time, I''m finally a full fledged web designer with my own office and everything ;-) !!

Throughout a majority of my childhood I expected to someday become a teacher. After getting hooked on AOL in April of 1996 however, my parents steered me towards the wonderful world of computers. Although the dotcom bubble burst before my introduction to the real world, I''ve been fortunate enough to find gainful employment with the great state of TX. I now get paid to spend every day coding websites in HTML and Cold Fusion and making my own graphics. It allows me to utilize my love of planning, problem solving, and creativity.

After 9 months here I still can''t believe I''ve got such a fun job!

Working for a living isn''t quite as bad as I thought it would be ;-)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I’m a Technical Information Representative in the food and beverage industry by day, and a super-mom to 2 toddlers (3 and almost 1) by night. For those of you not in the food industry, what I do is basically labeling. All that nutrition mumbo-jumbo that you see on the side of cereal boxes etc. If you’ve had Border’s Chai, Big Train Chai, Mystic Chai, (Sam’s and Costco), or Juice it Up Smoothies, Hansen’s Sodas etc. you’ve probably tasted a product made by my company, and nutritionally labeled by yours truly.

I used to be a nutrition consultant before the kids came along (my graduate degree is in Human Nutrition), but after I had kids, my priority was to something SOMEWHAT related to nutrition, and have a job close to home. I work only 1 mile away! Although I don’t absolutely LOVE my job, I don’t hate it either. My husband’s job pays the bills, and mine pays for our toys.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I LOVE LOVE LOVE
emlove.gif
My job!!!
emteeth.gif
I have had some pretty BLAH jobs, but I am sure glad I found this one!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

After reading all the bio''s, I just have to say--what a clever and accomplished bunch!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

deny

Rough_Rock
Wow, great to see so many nurses here! I am also a registered nurse. Right now I am working in oncology doing chemotherapy infusions. I have worked in telemetry, ortho, high risk cardiology and ICU.

I don''t know if I would say I LOVE my job, but I can say I love cancer patients. They seem to be the most appreciative and kind hearted people of all the different types of patients I have cared for. There is a different type of bond with these patients since we see them through their whole treatment process for many months or even years. I would say 90% of them have such hope for the future and appreciate every day they have on this earth. It really is amazing.

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
I am an accountant for a law firm.

I wouldn''t say I LOVE my job, but I''m very satisfied here. It''s a bit on the mundane side, but very secure, pays well, has room for advancement, I get to work with some really fun people, and there are times it''s challenging/stimulating.

Since I don''t have the most exciting job on the planet, I have a very full social life outside of work. :)

I race bicycles, triathlons, I have a Harley Davidson (no, I don''t race it, just ride for fun), and I''m super-involved in the community (Habitat for Humanity, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and both state and local bicycle organizations).

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
2 AM
31.gif
11.gif
)

so to give you an idea... this was the Woodie i looked after for a time.

antelope1.jpg

No bad for a in house design, and built by the park staff over a winter off season.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love wooden roller coasters, we used to have one near us growing up called the thunderbolt!! It was awesome!!!

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
I am a Safety Officer/Coordinator for a multi-billion dollar company, mother to Ripley (4) and almost stepmom to Joelee (7), a R&B singer and working towards the title "author".
I LOVE my job something sick. I kind of fell into this industry. I had about 15 years sales experience and 10 years of management. I also have my Graphic Arts degree and my Business Management degree. So now...I work 8-5 Mon-Fri and spend every weekend fishing or at the race track.

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
Aye godda love wood :)

Which thunderbolt? i know of at least 2 or 3 Woodies called Thunderbolt in the US.

That coaster is fun, its only aimed at kids, but gives em a 2x 60ft drops & a speed hill for some air time
Operating is simple.. turn a key, press the green button. wait for the train to return, then operate the manual brakes. - only other thing you had to listen out for was the train triggering the switch to shut off the lift chain and close the station brake (other wise it could go straight through for a second run!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was outside Philadelphia and it was Willow Grove park. We would ride on it time after time. They don't make them like they used to, god do I miss it. Thanks for bringing up a great childhood memory, hadn't thought of it in years!!!!
1.gif

ETA: They shut the park down many years ago I'm sorry to say.
15.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
thunderbolt1.jpg

This bring back any more?
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, YES!!! That's it how in the world did you find that??? Oh thanks, memories flooding back now, you made my night!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

ETA: If I close my eyes I can still hear the wonderful noise of that roller coaster!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2005 6
6.gif
2:55 PM
6.gif
2 AM

31.gif
11.gif
)

so to give you an idea... this was the Woodie i looked after for a time.

antelope1.jpg

No bad for a in house design, and built by the park staff over a winter off season.
1.gif

Lord S - Ever get a chance to Ride The Beast at Kings Island? or the newer Son of the Beast?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo,
I love Kings Island and well remember the beast!!
36.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
MrsS.

Unfortunatly no. Tho i do plan a coaster riding trip one day. The coaster clubs over here plan a trip every other year - normally a week long trip each day a different park

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Morticia I am an MSW...consider getting your masters, there is a definite pay increase. You live in NYC right? You could make pretty good money working for the state. I know we will never be rich as social workers but I too enjoy it immensly!

Bikergirl

Shiny_Rock
Lord S, that is so cool! I grew up in Denver (CO) and my birthday present each year was a trip to the theme park. I can''t remember if it was Elitch''s or LakeSide, but one of them had a wooden rollercoaster. It was so much FUN! Added something that steel coasters just don''t have.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Lord S -- have you ever seen the American Eagle at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL? The park is half-way between Chicago and Milwaukee. That was always my favorite roller coaster as a kid. Got to love all the creaking sounds a wooden coaster gives!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
MOM is my occupation!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
actually my dh told me the other day my only job right now is to cook the baby.......................I told him great then he can do the dishes and the laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results