shape
carat
color
clarity

P.S members whats your occupation ?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you love your job ?

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
My occupation is full-time student/part-time insurance agent. My pre-occupation is diamonds and Pricescope. Do I love my occupation? Not particularly. My preocuppation? Very much!
5.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I make jewellery,

I have no inherant love for jewellery, but I enjoy it when I go home with vivid recollections of something I enjoyed making, (generally with diamonds sparkling in my eyes).

However, I get as much pleasure from welding up a platform meant for walking on (because it is so straight) or making a piece of furniture out of wood then making a fine jewellery piece.

I know the money is in the more common trades, but I have invested too much time and effort to want to change (even though most trades are easy). My jewellery skills have made me less money as the work I have found myself doing as a tiler or carpenter, than as a designer of fine jewwllery pieces - but such is the trade, in general...

I would prefer to be at the farm, marking calves and buildinmg fences (always straight), but something keeps bringing me back...

The rewards of making that special ring are incomparable - maybe that is it

Cheers,

PS

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Could take it or leave it. Don''t plan on working my entire life. I''m an attorney. (probably can''t tell from my poor spelling LOL)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m an Art & Antique dealer & I love it!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 9:41:17 AM
Author: fire&ice
I''m an Art & Antique dealer & I love it!
That''s what I want to do when I retire!!!
9.gif

Right now I am a real estate broker and owner/operator of my own firm...and a loan officer. I should probably be working right now.....gotta go
6.gif
Oh, and I do love it. But ask me again tomorrow and it may be different
2.gif

Carey

Shiny_Rock
New member, longtime lurker... absolutely POSSESSED by this site (I will not even disclose how often/long I am here!).

I''m an artist, doing oil paintings. Landscapes, figures, still life... whatever. I love the visual. (Is that why I love diamonds?) Just got my 1.25 ct anniversary ring in June and my DH has promised an ''engagement'' ring within a year or so (we''ve been married 27 years!), so I''m on a hunt for the perfect ring!

Ad YES I love my job - I feel so lucky to be able to make art every day!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
at-home-mom, artist(painting, jewelery) love it though it''s really hard to be an at home in here France(*sigh*). Everyone I''ve met so far works and uses the public daycare/creches or nannies...Not my thing at all. So, yah, love it but it can be reeally lonely.(still campaigning for a move to California!)

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m an admin at a Childrren''s Hospital, and I also just got my REAL ESTATE LICENSE!! (Anyone buying or selling in Westchester County in NY, feel free to PM me, I''m here to help!)

I hope to rival Trump by the time I''m thirty - that''s only 11 months away - I think I have a good chance....

:)

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 10:16:36 AM
Author: treysar
I''m an admin at a Childrren''s Hospital, and I also just got my REAL ESTATE LICENSE!! (Anyone buying or selling in Westchester County in NY, feel free to PM me, I''m here to help!)

I hope to rival Trump by the time I''m thirty - that''s only 11 months away - I think I have a good chance....

:)
Congratulations!!! Having a real estate license is a lot of fun. You get to meet so many people all the time. Only drawback is you can''t wear you''re pretty baubles..at least not around here
15.gif
I wish you all the best with it! Oh, and if you ever need a loan package with no mortgage insurance for a client or someone is relocating to NC, just give me a shout
9.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Im a graphic designer concentrated mostly in print... LOVE my career/job choice, cant imagine doing ANYTHING else, except for maybe pottery but i got a looooooong way to go before i could make a living at that!
9.gif

Cant say my current job is my dream job, but i find it very satisfying and love the people whom i am helping. Im part of a marketing team that works with the Armed Services Blood Program (ASBP)... its the military version of the Red Cross. I create all sorts of things to help attract blood donors (flyers, posters, tshirts, playing cards, brochures, etc). The ASBP supplies most (80-90%) of the blood that is being used by the military community (includes retirees and families as well as those state-side and abroad) all over the world. When you hear about our brave service men and women receiving treatment at Walter Reed in DC or Landstuhl, Germany (to name a few locations), ive played a small part in ensuring the blood they needed was there waiting for them!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I am a Nail Technician. I love my job!!!!

I JUST HATE CRAPPY TIPPERS ;-)

zdrastvootya

Shiny_Rock
I''m an I.T. guy. I like my job. Recently started commuting (drive everyday). Don''t like that - used to ride my bike to work.

Z.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been a stay at home mom for the last 16 years- love it and wouldn''t have traded it for anything! I also volunteer a lot. For the last year +, I''ve been visiting shut ins with a group from my church, and I love that too. All "my ladies" are so wonderful and I love spending time with them!

However, in 3.5 years, I''ll be out of a "job", since my son will then be graduating from high school. So, recently I took the LSAT (got a 158), applied to law school (got accepted), and will be starting in August. I will graduate at the same time my son does from high school, so when both kids are off in college, I will have a new challlenge to look forward to!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
NJC, how wonderful that you do that to help so many people. I almost went to school to be a nurse but soon found out that I wasn''t very good with blood...Now when I see it on the news I''ll think of you!
2.gif

Treysar, I also think that it''s wonderful that you work with children. They are so sweet and innocent..it''s so sad to see them hurting and in pain. It''s sad to see anyone in pain...but little kids...
8.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m an unpaid chef, counselor, taxi driver, financial advisor,teacher, nurse, house cleaner,referee, landscaper,party planner, fashion consultant, financial institution (or so it seems), AND finder of lost items!!!!

AND my kids'' biggest fan!
31.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I have a really short commute....down the hallway, coffee in hand and PJs still on
25.gif
God help me if the video phone becomes a mainstay! I''m a financial analyst for a healthcare company and assist Hospital CFOs nationwide. Have to admit that sometimes I miss going to an office everyday.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been in higher education since 1976 and now oversee nonacademic departments such as security, safety, business affairs etc. I like the work because change is a constant and I''m never bored. However, my passion is animals and for a few years I was a licensed wildlife rehabilitator and worked for a number of nonprofits. I specialized in endangered species, particularly birds of prey, and got to work with mammals too -- beaver, fox, cougar, bobcat, peccary. Only trouble with my passion is that it''s hard to make a living wage and nonprofit wildlife rehab organizations survive day-today -- no security.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 11:57:46 AM
Author: Libster
I have a really short commute....down the hallway, coffee in hand and PJs still on; God help me if the video phone becomes a mainstay! I''m a financial analyst ...

Sounds very close ! I am finishing a PhD (no more clasees) and working as a consultant in the same area - financial economics.

Bar the odd meeting, it''s me and the computer most of the time.

Dying for an office! I''ll have a new one next year though - all my own
2.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I''m an accountant... Terrifically exciting work and even more exciting to discuss with non-accountants! I do like it though, as nerdy as that may be...

full-time student, part-time working in a shop for minimum wage

I am doing my Masters in Politics and Mass Media, and working 23hrs a week to pay for presents for my gf, and flights to America to see her, and of course, for a beautiful e-ring by next October/November
9.gif

oh, and I have an essay due Monday, so of course, I am on PS!!!
9.gif

dancinbaby

Rough_Rock
I teach Ballroom & Latin dance. From the asolute beginners to students who do competitions, teaching dance is very rewarding.

I also work with couples preparing for their first dance...sometimes I feel more like a couples counseler than a dance teacher
1.gif

But, luv my job!
9.gif

~slow, quick, quick. slow, quick, quick~

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 12:28:21 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 12/10/2004 11:57:46 AM
Author: Libster
I have a really short commute....down the hallway, coffee in hand and PJs still on; God help me if the video phone becomes a mainstay! I''m a financial analyst ...
Sounds very close ! I am finishing a PhD (no more clasees) and working as a consultant in the same area - financial economics.
HI Ana:

Good for you!! I guess by now you have completed your candidacy exams and have long begun your dissertation.
I stopped short of that myself and am presently thoroughly enjoying my role as chief cook and bottle washer.....................

cheers--Sharon

Bethanying

Shiny_Rock
I am a speech-langauge pathologist. I diagnose and treat speech and language disorders. I work with a myriad of kids- ranging from a simple ''r'' problem to those with Down Syndrome, Cerebral palsy, autism, etc.

Love the kids. I am getting a little bored with my current occupational situation. Would soon like to move to work with birth- age 3. I have kids from 3-22 now.

B :)

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I''m an evaluation analyst for the U.S. Department of Labor here in Washington, DC. Basically, I oversee evaluation contracts and projects that my agency (the Employment and Training Administration) undertakes. While I can''t say that I''m thrilled with employment and training issues, I like what my job does (only wish it was in a different field) and I do get to use my graduate degree all the time.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 10:37
6.gif
8 AM
Author: Amethyste
I am a Nail Technician. I love my job!!!!

I JUST HATE CRAPPY TIPPERS ;-)

mycutenails.jpg

Look at my crazy cute nails! I get them done by this Japanese lady by my office...and I usually tip her 20% she does such a great job. Guys all seem to hate my nails and girls all seem to love them. My bf thinks they''re ghetto - says he''s going to drop me off at the Fox Hills Shopping Center which is a ghetto mall in LA. It''s funny.

I''m a Graphic Designer. I started off in web (eToys, eLogic, Georges Marciano), but missed the dotcom boom by a few years and left the industry to do print work. My last print company got pretty shady (paychecks bouncing & not getting paid on time) so I quit & started working at a friend''s medical billing co & freelancing on the side. I do a lot of branding for small companies as well as marketing material. And it''s all been word of mouth so far which is great.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I teach 4 year olds. I just work until noon each day. It''s great and yes, I love my job.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I recently changed jobs again, and this time it has nothing to do with my degree. I''m currently working for the L.A. County, and I hate my job. You see all sort of things our taxes should not be spent on. Like lazy workers who spend a whole day doing an hour''s work, and a $3 million imputing error that can''t be corrected because someone mistakenly erased the data from the archives!! Grr!!!
29.gif

Good thing the pay and benefits are great!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I''m a court reporter. I work for an agency instead of in the courtroom. Yes, I love my job!!!!

Shay

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm educated in accounting but right now am a stay-at-home mom and soon to be the accountant for my husband's and my business. Also, I'll be doing some remodeling projects on the side. I suck at hanging wallpaper but enjoy painting & spacing out at the texture on the walls, so these tasks willl be fun as PT (like 10-20 hours a week) "jobs." The accounting part I'm not so sure about as this isn't really my thing, but my husband agreed that I could be paid in diamonds and clothes, so how in any right mind can a girl refuse THESE sorts of job perks?
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results