shape
carat
color
clarity

P.S members whats your occupation ?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am a part-time teller. But according to my fi, I am retired and hardly work. So I tell him that I am only partly retired, but will plan for retirement when we have kids in a few years.
emotion-5.gif
Before being a teller, I was a part-time sales/floral designer at a flower shop (basically running the whole shop by myself). OH yeah, I am also a freelance florist. I had done a few weddings this years. I am going to do my own wedding too.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am not doing anything related my Chemistry degree...

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
i''m retired for now, and keeping myself busy with golf, charity work, investing, and all those other things I never had time to do before. I used to run high-tech marketing and sales groups. I loved it, but not the 80 hour weeks and non-stop travel. This is a much more civilized life. I''m lucky to be able to retire (or at least take some serious time off) at my age, so I try to make it worth while.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a dental hygienist. Don''t love it but it works well with my family schedule.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I''m a legal assistant/paralegal. Do I love my job?
emembarrassed.gif
Well not really! I really like being paralegal, but I need a better work environment. The good thing is that it pays the bills.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a Registered Nurse and a licensed nail technician!!!
I loved being a manicurist, but after graduating from nursing school, I never went back to it. Maybe one day I will open up a salon.

In the meantime, I work as a neonatal ICU nurse and I absolutely love my job.
It''s rewarding because I really feel I make a difference.
I get to take care of some very tiny infants and watch them overcome so many obstacles and make it out there!!
My job really is a blessing and I wouldn''t trade it for any other!
9.gif
12.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla,

My twins were born at 28w5d. They spent 8 and 10 weeks in the NICU. I have the utmost respect for how stressful your job is. I don''t know how you all do it.

Thanks to the wonderful care they received, they graduated the NICU with no long term problems and today are healthy, bright 4 and a half year olds who''ll be eagerly starting kindergarten next fall.

Thanks for all you do for those wee ones!!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire (aka Vtigger),

What is your occupation? Do you love what you do???

This is an interesting thread!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m finishing up my Ph.D. (I have over 800 pages of my dissertation complete and finished all coursework and exams!) and am an independent Industrial/Organizational Psychologist (aka business consultant). I''m currently applying for jobs at large consulting firms, so if there are any consultants out there with job openings please hire me!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 4:40:59 PM
Author: kayla17
I loved being a manicurist, but after graduating from nursing school, I never went back to it. Maybe one day I will open up a salon.

It''s rewarding because I really feel I make a difference.
I get to take care of some very tiny infants and watch them overcome so many obstacles and make it out there!!
My job really is a blessing and I wouldn''t trade it for any other!
9.gif
12.gif
HI:

My first diploma then degree was in nursing and I worked at the bedside for twenty years--teaching, researching and studying in between. Always in a surgical portfolio, I worked at the bedside in Ophthalmology (medical research as well), Burns and Plastic + Head and Neck Oncology. Besides studying & researching, looking after patients/families at the bedside were the most rewarding professional years I ever spent. I loved it!

When my sister (10 yrs my junior) had her first baby a year ago, she ran into a former classmate who works in NICU and has since we graduated in 1982. This gal also flies with the air ambulance with preemies and simply LOVES her job, still! I admire you and her for taking care of babies, because I never could!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Civil Engineer, mostly dealing with highway transportation

I like what I do, but hate having to deal with some of the people. Has anyone near Washington D.C or Baltimore heard of the ICC (Intercounty Connector) ?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 5:52:37 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 12/10/2004 4:40:59 PM
Author: kayla17

It's rewarding because I really feel I make a difference.
My job really is a blessing and I wouldn't trade it for any other!
9.gif
12.gif
HI:

My first diploma then degree was in nursing and I worked at the bedside for twenty years--teaching, researching and studying in between. Always in a surgical portfolio, I worked at the bedside in Ophthalmology (medical research as well), Burns and Plastic + Head and Neck Oncology. Besides studying & researching, looking after patients/families at the bedside were the most rewarding professional years I ever spent. I loved it!

When my sister (10 yrs my junior) had her first baby a year ago, she ran into a former classmate who works in NICU and has since we graduated in 1982. This gal also flies with the air ambulance with preemies and simply LOVES her job, still! I admire you and her for taking care of babies, because I never could!!!!

cheers--Sharon

my first job after graduation from nursing school was in the nicu. i spent 4yrs there before deciding that i wanted to take care of "well" people. that led me to cosmetic surgery, where i've been for the last 5yrs. i know this is not the area that i want to stay in long term, but that is the best part about being a nurse, there are so many choices!! ...........still deciding what to do next..........

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 5:44:58 PM
Author: icelady
Dancing Fire (aka Vtigger),

What is your occupation? Do you love what you do???

This is an interesting thread!
I''am a numismatist it sure was fun until the market crash 10 yrs ago. i''am retired for now ,wife is supporting me...lol

icelady, what do you do for a living ? i mean besides cruising and getting a sun tan
10.gif
on your yacht.
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''am a numismatist

what are you keeping hidden away as a favorite(s)?

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 5:18:46 PM
Author: pearcrazy
Kayla,

My twins were born at 28w5d. They spent 8 and 10 weeks in the NICU. I have the utmost respect for how stressful your job is. I don''t know how you all do it.

Thanks to the wonderful care they received, they graduated the NICU with no long term problems and today are healthy, bright 4 and a half year olds who''ll be eagerly starting kindergarten next fall.

Thanks for all you do for those wee ones!!

I''m a twin! My brother and I were expected in January, but made our grande entrance in early November. I weighed a whopping 2.5 lbs and my brother was 3.5 lbs. They actually told my parents that I wouldn''t make it. But I showed them!!

My grandma says we looked really gross when we were born. LOL

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 7:39
6.gif
3 PM
Author: belle
I''am a numismatist

what are you keeping hidden away as a favorite(s)?
belle
my favorites are 19 th & 20 th century silver u.s. type coins & gold pieces.

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 10:22:58 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Date: 12/10/2004 10:16:36 AM
Author: treysar
I'm an admin at a Childrren's Hospital, and I also just got my REAL ESTATE LICENSE!! (Anyone buying or selling in Westchester County in NY, feel free to PM me, I'm here to help!)

I hope to rival Trump by the time I'm thirty - that's only 11 months away - I think I have a good chance....

:)
Congratulations!!! Having a real estate license is a lot of fun. You get to meet so many people all the time. Only drawback is you can't wear you're pretty baubles..at least not around here
15.gif
I wish you all the best with it! Oh, and if you ever need a loan package with no mortgage insurance for a client or someone is relocating to NC, just give me a shout
9.gif
I am a City Planner.

Also I am in NC and in search of a mortgage W/out PMI!
9.gif
(Looking to be a first time home buyer
1.gif
)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I like this thread! It''s a sort of "getting to know you deal." New member....LONG time lurker! I''ve learned more about diamonds than I ever thought possible and even more about people. I''m on PS so much I''m beginning to think that I really know you all!

I''m attorney (good luck in law school MaryAlaina)! I have been working for the gov''t for the last 6 years. I LOVED my job up until about 2 years ago. Now, with upper-level managment changes, lay-offs (yes the gov''t lays folks off) and a proposed drastic change in how we do our work and how we are rated things are looking far less rosy than when I first started. However, I work with a great bunch of people and I am able to telecommute so I can''t complain.
emwink.gif

I use PS as an escape on a daily basis!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 6:23:20 PM
Author: Buena Girl
Civil Engineer, mostly dealing with highway transportation

I like what I do, but hate having to deal with some of the people. Has anyone near Washington D.C or Baltimore heard of the ICC (Intercounty Connector) ?
Buena: I live in Maryland. My parents live in Mont. Co. We know ALL about the ICC. I can only imagine what you have to deal with given the differing opinions on whether it should be built!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I am a nurse as well- but I work labor and delivery! I have been doing it for almost 5 yrs now, and even though it is stressful, I love my job!!! Most of my days there are good...but when they are bad, they are soo bad. Thank god those days are not that often. Another benefit of my job is that it is great birth control...lol! I mean, watching women deliver babies is a beautiful thing- but to tell you the truth, sometimes I get really scared..sooo not ready yet!!!! But, congrats to all that have been there- I will do it someday...but until then, this is second best, I think!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
paid to play with computers.
Im burned out.
Gemstones are my excape.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Marketing Communications Manager for Fortune 50 (yes, 50--near the top, too) financial services company. I like what I do--branding, writing, layout, communications, managing staff on same, but not the subject matter currently. I wish I could use my talents for animal welfare or another more worthy cause .I guess you could argue that helping people attain financial security is a worthwhile endeavor, but I'm not "feeling the love" around it. I feel guilty complaining since it's a very stable company and they treat me really well but it feels so "hollow."

I think to truly love what you do is a gift.
1.gif

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Another R.N. here.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 9:58
6.gif
6 PM
Author: Jennifer5973
Marketing Communications Manager for Fortune 50 (yes, 50--near the top, too) financial services company. I like what I do--branding, writing, layout, communications, managing staff on same, but not the subject matter currently. I wish I could use my talents for animal welfare or another more worthy cause .I guess you could argue that helping people attain financial security is a worthwhile endeavor, but I''m not ''feeling the love'' around it. I feel guilty complaining since it''s a very stable company and they treat me really well but it feels so ''hollow.''

I think to truly love what you do is a gift.
1.gif
Jenn
WOW!!! i didn''t know you were such a big shot
23.gif
manager for a fortune 50 co....will you hire me ?

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2004 8:50:28 PM
Author: doxiemom

Date: 12/10/2004 10:22:58 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Date: 12/10/2004 10:16:36 AM
Author: treysar
I'm an admin at a Childrren's Hospital, and I also just got my REAL ESTATE LICENSE!! (Anyone buying or selling in Westchester County in NY, feel free to PM me, I'm here to help!)

I hope to rival Trump by the time I'm thirty - that's only 11 months away - I think I have a good chance....

:)
Congratulations!!! Having a real estate license is a lot of fun. You get to meet so many people all the time. Only drawback is you can't wear you're pretty baubles..at least not around here
15.gif
I wish you all the best with it! Oh, and if you ever need a loan package with no mortgage insurance for a client or someone is relocating to NC, just give me a shout
9.gif
I am a City Planner.

Also I am in NC and in search of a mortgage W/out PMI!
9.gif
(Looking to be a first time home buyer
1.gif
)
I could probably hook you up with that!!
9.gif

Seriously though, I've got a first time homebuyer, no money down, no MI (PMI) and a rate of 5.68% for 30 years
2.gif
Not everyone is typical, of course, but it's out there
1.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vice President in the IT department of a major financial institution. Do I love my job? Not anymore ... 20+ years ago it was really fun developing software which ran on IBM mainframe computers. Now, all I do is paperwork, attend meetings, and manage development projects which is not as satisfying to me.

What I would like to do when I retire, is to work in the jewelry business as I did get my Gemologist Diploma from the GIA in 1989. Had a blast grading diamonds and identifying colored stones (but sweated bullets on the Gem ID final where you would fail if you mis-identifed even only one stone). Have forgotten some of what I learned (you lose it if you don''t use it) but do try to keep up by subscribing to JCK (Jewelers Circular Keystone) and National Jeweler. Have learned a lot on Pricescope, thank you Leonid.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 11:43:46 AM
Author: sevens one
I'm an unpaid chef, counselor, taxi driver, financial advisor,teacher, nurse, house cleaner,referee, landscaper,party planner, fashion consultant, financial institution (or so it seems), AND finder of lost items!!!!

AND my kids' biggest fan!
31.gif
Nan, you are to be admired. I just don't know how you do it with seven adorable children.
36.gif

You have one of the toughest jobs around.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Dad of 5 and 9 year old boys, and long standing publisher's representative -- for the longest time in college publishing -- but more recently, deskbound, working with text databases, and most recently providing training on the use of these to law and accounting professionals.

Much of the affect I had toward my livelihood has disipated since leaving "the field" in sales, however, this change was coincident with my becoming a father, then of two boys...and the change of emphasis has seemed appropriate.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/11/2004 12
6.gif
5:31 AM
Author: cflutist

I''m an unpaid chef, counselor, taxi driver, financial advisor,teacher, nurse, house cleaner,referee, landscaper,party planner, fashion consultant, financial institution (or so it seems), AND finder of lost items!!!!

AND my kids'' biggest fan!
31.gif
Nan, you are to be admired. I just don''t know how you do it with seven adorable children.
36.gif

Wow! Aside from the kids that sounds pretty much like my home job. I don''t know if I could handle one..let alone seven..although I really do want to have kids some day. H2b is the youngest of 10 children. His oldest sibling is actually older than my parents
6.gif
His mother is 76 and lives with us because she can''t drive herself around anymore. I guess in a way she is like my kid
9.gif
Although she is very independent even without a set of wheels
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2004 12
6.gif
5:31 AM
Author: cflutist

I''m an unpaid chef, counselor, taxi driver, financial advisor,teacher, nurse, house cleaner,referee, landscaper,party planner, fashion consultant, financial institution (or so it seems), AND finder of lost items!!!!

AND my kids'' biggest fan!
31.gif
Nan, you are to be admired. I just don''t know how you do it with seven adorable children.
36.gif

Thank you Cflutist. That''s very sweet of you.
emlove.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results