shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Over The Moon for "Lara" My New 6.59 ct. EC From IDJ In Her Forever Home!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi! No, I don't wear them together. Actually, I wear my pear everyday and I've only worn the EC a few times on the weekends. They're very different but I love both of them!
I think I'm going to have to wait a while before I do the sapphire ring!
When I set Lara, I traded some old gold pieces towards the price of the ring. My jeweler removed the small diamonds from those pieces. So now I have some little straight baguettes and rounds that I'm thinking of possibly making into a narrow eternity band that could be worn with Lara. I'm saving up for that project! It won't be thick, like the one Dorit Kemsley has in the photo I just posted! But I'll use what I already own and make the best of it! You're so nice to comment about my rings!
Tell me something about your rings and what your plans are! :kiss2:
:|

Please, may I lend you a helping hand? Literally. That ring is way too stunningly special to be sitting in a box. Really. What size do you wear, I'll make this work... :lol:
Uhhuh.gif
:cheeky:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling Oh my gosh I was dying reading your last post! I don’t know anyone, besides the two of us, who would be obsessed with a reality stars ring that we can barely see:lol: you and I sure do have the same taste. I have googled her ring so many times, never come up with anything, and paused my DVR numerous times to just get a quick screen shot of it! And I too was looking for my new diamond when I was watching the last series. It’s magnificent! From what I can see, it’s definitely an emerald squarish cut, and I think it’s a solitaire. With that enormous emerald cut eternity band. Oh to be rich and famous!
Three thousand miles away and of one mind! LOL!!! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:|

Please, may I lend you a helping hand? Literally. That ring is way too stunningly special to be sitting in a box. Really. What size do you wear, I'll make this work... :lol:
Uhhuh.gif
:cheeky:
LOL, @Ellen!!! :)
You may borrow it any time!!! It's a size 4.75. Good? :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please post more pics!!!!! never stop .....I think 100 more will do
This ring is what I have been looking for!!!! I love square emeralds, and we are the same ring size so I can get a feel for how this will look on my hand, you have stunning taste Thank you for posting.

I have looked at the following
13x11.50 12x11 13x10 (yours) its chunky perfection....:love::love::love:I die. Would you be upset If I copy your stunning ring? would you mind sharing your budget?

ps count me as a third person who loves Dorits ring and cant get a clear pic:think:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Blingalingaling, please share your journey on finding the sapphire when the time comes. I always think that buying colored gems is different than buying diamonds. There is an old thread by another PSer on her pretty sapphire (big) ring. I believe she actually went to the gem show to get it...? The blue was so lush. Diamonds are pretty but color stones are also amazing under the right light settings! They are like jell-o, just no-edible. :cheeky:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love: 12715B63-CAF3-432F-B099-BC455CA7CEC0.jpeg "Hi, Girls!!!", she said, trying to sound like Dorit!
For the three (or more) of us, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite, @diamondgirlsbestfriend and anyone else who has long admired Dorit Kemsley's gorgeous engagement ring and eternity band...and who watched the last few seasons of "The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills" with great difficulty, trying to get a good look at her rings...here is the fruit of my "labor" as I stood in front of my TV all of last season, trying to get a good look! :shock:
Because we love Dorit's style and admire her good taste! :love:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
84B5FF33-2F4C-434D-9259-639F35743352.jpeg 70BF64E7-517E-4822-84BF-FE095E68C227.jpeg 1CDD32CB-E167-4E86-9F31-22BF0F23458C.jpeg A8458D3F-3E65-4C96-AEC5-A245DF892588.jpeg 17280A27-CC43-4418-8B93-1F0DB36F2127.jpeg Introducing "Lara", my new 6.59 ct. L-color VVS2 EC that I recently purchased from IDJ in her forever home, a custom made platinum setting by Sophie's Creations!!! I'm absolutely over the moon in love with her!!!
Here are some close-ups taken with my IPhone in my home this morning!!! :kiss2:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
E929FDE4-2C79-460F-BD33-F37EB5B351BC.jpeg 9BD5F43E-1E6F-4C02-8C45-C8EB360A3EE3.jpeg 65A15330-8B03-4F8B-8099-623485CA5CCF.jpeg 60019A2A-2F69-4E30-B2D0-55E0DAD28787.jpeg 98A92687-8F95-463C-B07F-8B5CDAAB458B.jpeg DBC091F7-AA41-404E-8264-00E61F140649.jpeg 76817619-1311-4B95-926A-F0ADB277BCE2.jpeg 9A9617EB-D93D-4642-8DA9-A728C219E313.jpeg I know I'm going overboard with the pics and it takes forever to download but I promise this will be the last of it!
I love hydrangeas too, @AprilBaby! I wish I knew what these are, but I planted them several years ago and I don't know their names! I bought them at Home Depot and planted them myself! Sometimes at the end of the season I cut some and dry them! They look beautiful all year round!
Here are some photos from an overcast day. In some ways, it's easier to see the stone without the glare from the sun! Hope you like them! Thanks for indulging me, everyone! I want to thank you all for reading my post! ❤️
Hi! Your ring is GORG!!! Quick question - it looks SOOOO white!! Does it have FLour? if not, do you think the cut is what is making it look so white? I was looking at a K color (5ct) and have yet to see it in person but appears to look white. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Wear it in good health!! Stunning!! xo

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! Your ring is GORG!!! Quick question - it looks SOOOO white!! Does it have FLour? if not, do you think the cut is what is making it look so white? I was looking at a K color (5ct) and have yet to see it in person but appears to look white. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Wear it in good health!! Stunning!! xo

I’m going to chime in for @Blingalingaling , I think it is the cut and facetting of her stone. I haven’t seen any darkness and that plays a huge part on looking white, not dead. I will add a photo of 2, color I, ECs I saw... exact stats, approx 4 carats. One looked 2 shades darker and was more expensive! It was the cut and the darker one had a lot of leakage. I bought the other, hope this helps. And I’m sure @Blingalingaling will have more to say:) 2AD62C09-3044-432B-9115-EAF10EFBAA2B.jpeg
3C1379AC-2AB5-4419-82F0-F74D73E6925D.jpeg

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Emeraldcutlover! I love your ring, as well!!! Your setting and your stone are so beautiful!!! It's an inspiration piece, for sure!!!
I think it IS the cut, because I've seen other stones in J, K and L color that don't look as white. What you see in photos is exactly as the stone appears IRL. I haven't used a filter at all and most of the pics were taken either in natural day light or in my house under LED's.
Thank you, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite, for so eloquently explaining it! Yes, you're right! There aren't any dead zones in the stone and from every angle, it bounces light. It even scintillates like crazy in the bright light! There are times when it looks less white than other times, but it's still throwing off flashes of color and it gives off a very romantic glow! I appreciate the stone for what it is. It isn't a fine white diamond, but it's a very beautiful diamond, none the less. I've grown very attached to it and I enjoy gazing at it in all different lighting!
The photos @Emeraldsaremyfavorite posted are a very good representation of two stones with exactly the same color, with identical stats and you can see how differently they perform because of their cut. I also think that different rough has to have something to do with it. After all, these are natural elements that nature made. No two are alike! Like snowflakes! BTW, no, my stone doesn't have fluorescence. I was open to fluorescence, though, I wasn't against it.
My advice is, go with an open mind!
Oooh! I'm excited to see what you're looking at! If you'd like to post, I'd love to see it! And if there's anything I can do to help you, I'd be happy to do that! So, please keep in touch and let me know! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe it is, @Rad_Fan! The season starts again in December, so maybe we will catch a better glimpse! Can't wait! :)

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m going to chime in for @Blingalingaling , I think it is the cut and facetting of her stone. I haven’t seen any darkness and that plays a huge part on looking white, not dead. I will add a photo of 2, color I, ECs I saw... exact stats, approx 4 carats. One looked 2 shades darker and was more expensive! It was the cut and the darker one had a lot of leakage. I bought the other, hope this helps. And I’m sure @Blingalingaling will have more to say:) 2AD62C09-3044-432B-9115-EAF10EFBAA2B.jpeg
3C1379AC-2AB5-4419-82F0-F74D73E6925D.jpeg
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite, the more I see photos of your glorious new EC, the more I absolutely love it's chamfered corners and beautiful facets! It's going to be one fabulous ring!!!
Thanks for chiming in and sharing your comparison shots! It really helps a lot to see what an outstanding stone looks like! It's huge, elegant and very bright and white!!! :P2

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite, the more I see photos of your glorious new EC, the more I absolutely love it's chamfered corners and beautiful facets! It's going to be one fabulous ring!!!
Thanks for chiming in and sharing your comparison shots! It really helps a lot to see what an outstanding stone looks like! It's huge, elegant and very bright and white!!! :P2
Awe, I needed this! After the original setting from MB, I feel like I’ve been down about the whole purchase. And regretting not going larger in a lower color because of YOU and your diamond!! Lol! Thanks so much for the positive words, crossing my fingers I love the new design. It truly is a beautiful diamond, even better than my last, with no darkness whatsoever. Hopefully will have it within a week:dance:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, @EllenAnother confession: I don't know how to respond to more than one person at a time!!
I just figured it out, so I'm sharing with you. :wink2:

1. When you see a post you want to include, in the bottom right corner of that post it will say Like +Quote Reply. Click on Quote. (when you do this, a momentary message at top of page will say, Message Added to Multi Quote)

2. Do that as many times as you want.

3. When you are done quoting and are ready to post, go to the reply box you want to put everything in. In the lower left corner under the smilies it says, Insert Quotes. Click on that.

4. A box will pop up that has the quotes in it, and at the bottom you have two options, Quote These Messages, or Cancel. Click on Quote These Messages. (Also, at the top of this box it says, Drag messages up and down to rearrange the order for quoting)

5. Rearrange if you like, and then click, Quote These Messages, and Voila!

6. You can the insert your responses under each quote. Hit Post Reply. Done.
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just figured it out, so I'm sharing with you. :wink2:

1. When you see a post you want to include, in the bottom right corner of that post it will say Like +Quote Reply. Click on Quote. (when you do this, a momentary message at top of page will say, Message Added to Multi Quote)

2. Do that as many times as you want.

3. When you are done quoting and are ready to post, go to the reply box you want to put everything in. In the lower left corner under the smilies it says, Insert Quotes. Click on that.

4. A box will pop up that has the quotes in it, and at the bottom you have two options, Quote These Messages, or Cancel. Click on Quote These Messages. (Also, at the top of this box it says, Drag messages up and down to rearrange the order for quoting)

5. Rearrange if you like, and then click, Quote These Messages, and Voila!

6. You can the insert your responses under each quote. Hit Post Reply. Done.
Happy%20dancing%20guy.gif
OMG, @Ellen, thank you!!! I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend when I'm able to sit down and catch up with all the "thank you's" I want to send to people on my thread whom I haven't thanked yet! That will be great! I feel so bad that I haven't personally thanked everybody who wrote me!
BTW, I love your emogi's!!! :)

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
You could "thank" us by posting more pictures of Big Lara!:lol:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, @Ellen, thank you!!! I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend when I'm able to sit down and catch up with all the "thank you's" I want to send to people on my thread whom I haven't thanked yet! That will be great! I feel so bad that I haven't personally thanked everybody who wrote me!
BTW, I love your emogi's!!! :)
I made this thread in Hangout for other people that might need directions also. Then JPie was a sweetheart and put a visual to it. She took all the guesswork out!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-post-a-multiple-quote-response.243864/

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, @Emeraldcutlover! I love your ring, as well!!! Your setting and your stone are so beautiful!!! It's an inspiration piece, for sure!!!
I think it IS the cut, because I've seen other stones in J, K and L color that don't look as white. What you see in photos is exactly as the stone appears IRL. I haven't used a filter at all and most of the pics were taken either in natural day light or in my house under LED's.
Thank you, @Emeraldsaremyfavorite, for so eloquently explaining it! Yes, you're right! There aren't any dead zones in the stone and from every angle, it bounces light. It even scintillates like crazy in the bright light! There are times when it looks less white than other times, but it's still throwing off flashes of color and it gives off a very romantic glow! I appreciate the stone for what it is. It isn't a fine white diamond, but it's a very beautiful diamond, none the less. I've grown very attached to it and I enjoy gazing at it in all different lighting!
The photos @Emeraldsaremyfavorite posted are a very good representation of two stones with exactly the same color, with identical stats and you can see how differently they perform because of their cut. I also think that different rough has to have something to do with it. After all, these are natural elements that nature made. No two are alike! Like snowflakes! BTW, no, my stone doesn't have fluorescence. I was open to fluorescence, though, I wasn't against it.
My advice is, go with an open mind!
Oooh! I'm excited to see what you're looking at! If you'd like to post, I'd love to see it! And if there's anything I can do to help you, I'd be happy to do that! So, please keep in touch and let me know! :)
Thank you so much for both of your reply’s! Those were my thoughts based on all my amateur research and upon looking at many, many stones. I am going to go see some more next week, so we shall see! I’m a bit worried as I’m thinking the 5ct will be just too big but it seems like the best cut of all. I also want to halo it and that may just be getting out of hand. Lol. My hands are small and I guess I will just have to see how it looks or stick w a simple tapered baguette as my setting. Thank you again. How I do love your EC’s!!! Xo

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for both of your reply’s! Those were my thoughts based on all my amateur research and upon looking at many, many stones. I am going to go see some more next week, so we shall see! I’m a bit worried as I’m thinking the 5ct will be just too big but it seems like the best cut of all. I also want to halo it and that may just be getting out of hand. Lol. My hands are small and I guess I will just have to see how it looks or stick w a simple tapered baguette as my setting. Thank you again. How I do love your EC’s!!! Xo
I'm FAR from a size gal, but even I recognize that square and emerald cuts don't tend to show their carat weight like rounds do. So I think a 5 ct. might not be all that bad really. As far as haloing, that might be pushing the envelope! lol I love the idea of a simple tapered side baguette. I have that exact ring, though in a much smaller size. But I think it's totally, elegantly classic. :love:

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Emeraldcutlover! I've been thinking of you and wondering what you saw and how you ended up feeling about the five carat EC you were considering (and the settings)!
There have been several larger EC's posted on SMTB and on Rocky Talky lately! I think Emerald cuts are picking up some speed on Pricescope, which is a good thing and can only produce more education and advice on finding a good one! :appl:
It's definitely true that because EC's face up smaller than their counterparts of some other cuts, so that a five carat EC may not appear as large and in-your-face as, say, a five carat round stone would (not that a five carat round wouldn't be equally as beautiful-I'd take one!! :love:) Therefore, a five carat EC might look just fine on your finger! =)2
I have long fingers, so a smaller EC looks that much smaller on my hand, while the larger one fits comfortably. It's actually shorter on my finger than my 3.40 ct pear!
I'd love to see what you're considering! Will you share it? :kiss2:

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm FAR from a size gal, but even I recognize that square and emerald cuts don't tend to show their carat weight like rounds do. So I think a 5 ct. might not be all that bad really. As far as haloing, that might be pushing the envelope! lol I love the idea of a simple tapered side baguette. I have that exact ring, though in a much smaller size. But I think it's totally, elegantly classic. :love:
. Thanks so much! I agree that EC’s always tend to look much smaller for their size. I am going on Friday so I’ll let you know! I also agree w the halo pushing it w that size. I know I’ll feel self conscience enough if I were lucky enough to snag this stone (looks great on paper) and therefore a simple classical setting w baguettes would be the way to go. Thank you again!

Hi, @Emeraldcutlover! I've been thinking of you and wondering what you saw and how you ended up feeling about the five carat EC you were considering (and the settings)!
There have been several larger EC's posted on SMTB and on Rocky Talky lately! I think Emerald cuts are picking up some speed on Pricescope, which is a good thing and can only produce more education and advice on finding a good one! :appl:
It's definitely true that because EC's face up smaller than their counterparts of some other cuts, so that a five carat EC may not appear as large and in-your-face as, say, a five carat round stone would (not that a five carat round wouldn't be equally as beautiful-I'd take one!! :love:) Therefore, a five carat EC might look just fine on your finger! =)2
I have long fingers, so a smaller EC looks that much smaller on my hand, while the larger one fits comfortably. It's actually shorter on my finger than my 3.40 ct pear!

e.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock

Hi! Thanks so much!! I am going on Friday and will be seeing both a 4 and a 5ct. I am a little worried as I have not heard back now that I’m thinking about it! I’ll confirm tomorrow but I know I will not be able to resist going into the city regardless! P.s. I think the 5ct was somewhere along the lines of 8X11. So that sounds quite a bit too large to me and my girls may just tell me to “go home” instead of “go big”. Haha. Although - it could be theirs one day and that alone should make them think twice . I’ll be back!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! I agree that EC’s always tend to look much smaller for their size. I am going on Friday so I’ll let you know! I also agree w the halo pushing it w that size. I know I’ll feel self conscience enough if I were lucky enough to snag this stone (looks great on paper) and therefore a simple classical setting w baguettes would be the way to go. Thank you again!
I am really looking forward to hearing about it!

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I am really looking forward to hearing about it!
I did go into the city on Friday and saw some 5ct EC rings..... I say rings - bc they were already set (can be changed) but the one in particular stone I had my heart set on - was not available.... I'm not sure if my guy procrastinated to pull it or it was not really available. There is one other stone extremely similar to it - but everything I have liked - is not in the US and I guess they need to buy it directly for me to see it. Or I could perhaps buy from the web that has posted it and then return if it is not what I had anticipated. In the interim, thankfully, I had requested 4 videos from various vendors (of far away stones), and none of them had remote potential... I did see one stone I fell in love with.... but it was out of my budget. A 4ct+ H/VSS1 (1.5 ratio) and set with a halo - which looked magnificent... I LOVED it!!! I think it was about $70k something unset... It lit up like a firecracker and after seeing that, nothing remotely compared. I will keep on looking. Thanks so much for checking in. PS I will try and post the halo one I was talking about.. (the halo was too thick for my taste (sapphired) but gorgeous, nonetheless)!!:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results