shape
carat
color
clarity

OOOpsie! How did this sparkly get on my finger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 12:35:18 AM
Author: blinkydoll
hehe you might need to take some new pics with some band options--ya know for research? and maybe post the pics? ya know... for research purposes?
31.gif

aww shucks---- thanks! your photos are very good as well--- esp with your lightbox
2.gif

I know!-- QVC pics are funny.... the color blocks are funny...scroll over the weird color block to see the ring change. lol
20.gif
I kinda lucked out with the pink?

question--- how did the back look after being sized? just curious. your jeweler did a great job with the diamonds! one of mine is more a dud than the other... but i have some little ones knocking around that i will prob switch them to.
yup--- we will be wearing our rings tomorrow
2.gif
Because of the texture on the band, my jeweler used a laser welder. You can tell something''s been done, but there isn''t a big smooth section in the back, and he may have tried to add some texture to blend it all in. I think the ring was a 6.5, and I sized it to a 7.25; here''s a pic of the sized area:

resized green amethyst1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And I don''t have the lovely assortment of bands that you do, so this won''t look so great. I almost got a pink sapphire stacker at Intergem last time, but I couldn''t find any in my size. If you have those single cuts just layin'' around, I would pop those in there in a second! Unless you have a bigger project in mind.
31.gif

The other weird thing is that after I got my ring, I was kind of so-so about the green quartz, and went trolling on eBay for a possible replacement stone, and I''m pretty sure I saw a pink topaz - it was double sided and checkerboard-cut too! Yours just seems more vibrant and sparkly than mine.
39.gif

So after sleeping on it a night, are you going to keep it?

green quartz stacker.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 10:19:08 AM
Author: cellentani
And I don''t have the lovely assortment of bands that you do, so this won''t look so great. I almost got a pink sapphire stacker at Intergem last time, but I couldn''t find any in my size. If you have those single cuts just layin'' around, I would pop those in there in a second! Unless you have a bigger project in mind.
31.gif

The other weird thing is that after I got my ring, I was kind of so-so about the green quartz, and went trolling on eBay for a possible replacement stone, and I''m pretty sure I saw a pink topaz - it was double sided and checkerboard-cut too! Yours just seems more vibrant and sparkly than mine.
39.gif

So after sleeping on it a night, are you going to keep it?

Thanks for adding your pics of the back of the band!-- your jeweler did a good job making it blend.
lol--- I was also looking at the pink stackers at intergem (big surprise
20.gif
) but they didn''t have my size-ha!
I actually might have better laying around--than the single cuts--- i have 2 diamonds I got a while back for $10--- total = .15
I might find out if those will fit:)

I was thinking down the line-- I could replace the stone to something else pink and cusioney? bec the setting is really cute. But for now I think it will stay as is-- bec I have other things I''m working on
2.gif

Soooooo --- I think that means Yup-- I will keep it--- I am wearing it today
1.gif

Do you think you might still replace the green? I was just wondering if you had asked your jeweler if the center stone could be replaced without any problems?
I wonder if it comes in Blue?

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
really pretty rings C and B!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 11:15:06 AM
Thanks for adding your pics of the back of the band!-- your jeweler did a good job making it blend.
lol--- I was also looking at the pink stackers at intergem (big surprise
20.gif
) but they didn''t have my size-ha!
I actually might have better laying around--than the single cuts--- i have 2 diamonds I got a while back for $10--- total = .15
I might find out if those will fit:)

I was thinking down the line-- I could replace the stone to something else pink and cusioney? bec the setting is really cute. But for now I think it will stay as is-- bec I have other things I''m working on
2.gif

Soooooo --- I think that means Yup-- I will keep it--- I am wearing it today
1.gif

Do you think you might still replace the green? I was just wondering if you had asked your jeweler if the center stone could be replaced without any problems?
I wonder if it comes in Blue?
Dang, why don''t I have diamonds laying around like everyone else?! Your 7.5pointers might work fine. If I remember correctly, my jeweler used 2-pointers (each) because they fit better in the openings (and probably because he could charge me a little more, lol).

The only problem with replacing the center stone is that our setting is very low, so a 10mm cushion would almost certainly be deeper than the setting would allow. I''ll bet you could find a replacement in blue though, and there''s always QVC! Hmmm, I''ve got 3 TJMaxx stores in my area......maybe it''s time to do some scouting.

What else are you working on - can you say? Is it something to do with the umbalite?? I think I''ve picked my setting for mine.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers!!!!!!!!!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Late to the thread, but just wanted to say - WoW! I have short stubby fingers and can''t pull off a ring like that...looks lovely in green and pink!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well Blinkydoll, if you hadn''t posted your ring, I would never have known a pink version was available, but I loved your ring so much that I found myself wandering the TJM jewelry counter tonight...

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
oooo...keep it, girl...!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
ok, i might run by tjmaxx tonight
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a nice price... worth the setting alone. Thanks for the info Blinky... if I ever find one around here, I''ll have to snap that up. I want one with a citrine.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I got lucky and found one! Hope you don''t mind too much, Blinky.
41.gif
After comparing the two, I can see why the pink one is better looking - unlike the double-sided green quartz, the pink topaz actually has a pavillion, so it''s a much deeper stone. It''s a lovely, lovely ring - thanks again blinky for sharing your great find with all of us (who will now go out and copy you!).

pink and green1.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 11:01:14 PM
I got lucky and found one! Hope you don''t mind too much, Blinky.
41.gif
After comparing the two, I can see why the pink one is better looking - unlike the double-sided green quartz, the pink topaz actually has a pavillion, so it''s a much deeper stone. It''s a lovely, lovely ring - thanks again blinky for sharing your great find with all of us (who will now go out and copy you!).

Thats Awesome! lol!
36.gif
30.gif
I''m happy you found a pink one! don''t you love it?!

"The only problem with replacing the center stone is that our setting is very low, so a 10mm cushion would almost certainly be deeper than the setting would allow. I''ll bet you could find a replacement in blue though, and there''s always QVC! Hmmm, I''ve got 3 TJMaxx stores in my area......maybe it''s time to do some scouting.

What else are you working on - can you say? Is it something to do with the umbalite?? I think I''ve picked my setting for mine."

oh! your so right it would have to be a low profile stone.. hmmm maybe a star cut like my gene stone would work?

-- what else am I working on:-- heehe....
31.gif
welllll..... a pink sapphire dby bracelet with a twist--not literally a twist--- but you shall see what I mean when its done
31.gif
and a dby necklace also different--- the necklace will have old cut diamonds... and not be your standard DBY.
Hopefully I will find a setting for my Gene stone when I go to New York in July
36.gif
.... also the next intergem show is in july in my area. I might be getting stuff to make Christmas gifts
28.gif

Also I have more pics from some of my other things I haven''t shared yet--- Hopefully I will have time to start some new threads this weekend
31.gif

Oh!-- on your New ring-- will you have to get it sized .. and are you going to get the diamonds replaced as well?
21.gif
it;s just so cute--- I keep looking at mine-- It reminds me of candy
18.gif
hehe
"Say Yes To PINK!" -- hehe from the old anna nicole show--lol

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 10:47:37 PM
Author: Gypsy
That''s a nice price... worth the setting alone. Thanks for the info Blinky... if I ever find one around here, I''ll have to snap that up. I want one with a citrine.

if you find one gypsy--- please post pics!
9.gif
oh--- i will look around for diff colors as well.. the setting alone is worth it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a cool setting! I agree it will really shine if you change out the diamonds.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Blinky, sounds like you''ve got some seriously fantastic projects in the works! I''ll be watching for your posts and can''t wait for your pics.

You know, after getting the pink ring, I have no love for the green ring anymore - it just looks dull and pale in comparison.
7.gif
I think I''ll have my jeweler just switch out the center stones so that the pink topaz will be in the setting with the upgraded diamonds - that way I won''t have to deal with (and pay for) sizing and upgrading a second ring. I don''t know what I''ll do with the green guy yet, but yes, a Gene star 80 just might work in your setting since they seem to be cut shallower. And so, the pink collection grows! Blinky, I think you need to do a photoshoot of all your pink jewelry - I''ve seen your stones, but I know you must have some other great things too.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 8:51:27 AM
Blinky, sounds like you''ve got some seriously fantastic projects in the works! I''ll be watching for your posts and can''t wait for your pics.

You know, after getting the pink ring, I have no love for the green ring anymore - it just looks dull and pale in comparison.
7.gif
I think I''ll have my jeweler just switch out the center stones so that the pink topaz will be in the setting with the upgraded diamonds - that way I won''t have to deal with (and pay for) sizing and upgrading a second ring. I don''t know what I''ll do with the green guy yet, but yes, a Gene star 80 just might work in your setting since they seem to be cut shallower. And so, the pink collection grows! Blinky, I think you need to do a photoshoot of all your pink jewelry - I''ve seen your stones, but I know you must have some other great things too.

Great thinking Cellentani ab switching the pink into the one that''s already sized. Ahhh but what will you do with the empty setting now
31.gif

I will def try to get a collection shot soon of my whole collection
1.gif

Oh and update on this ring: its currently at the jewelers getting the side diamonds replaced!
9.gif
.. but I miss it already...
25.gif
hehe hopefully it will be ready this week.

just incase you didn''t see these
here are a few of my other jewelry threads:

OEC EARRINGS

I think you saw this one:
Doll Assortment

Old Old Old Thread

old Project diamonds
Wedding bands

OT--- so sorry to see that your stone came in damaged from getting recut
8.gif

And I can''t wait to see what your DH brings back from Bangkok for you
31.gif

I hope you post a pic of your pink stone transfer when its done
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 2:37:42 AM
Great thinking Cellentani ab switching the pink into the one that''s already sized. Ahhh but what will you do with the empty setting now
31.gif

I will def try to get a collection shot soon of my whole collection
1.gif

Oh and update on this ring: its currently at the jewelers getting the side diamonds replaced!
9.gif
.. but I miss it already...
25.gif
hehe hopefully it will be ready this week.

just incase you didn''t see these
here are a few of my other jewelry threads:

OEC EARRINGS

I think you saw this one:
Doll Assortment

Old Old Old Thread

old Project diamonds
Wedding bands

OT--- so sorry to see that your stone came in damaged from getting recut
8.gif

And I can''t wait to see what your DH brings back from Bangkok for you
31.gif

I hope you post a pic of your pink stone transfer when its done
2.gif
My pink and green rings are at the jewelers also, and I miss them too!
39.gif
Hopefully they''ll be done by Thursday or Friday. Can''t wait to see your sparkly new side diamonds!

Thanks for the all the links - I had seen most of them (I snooped on your profile), but I really enjoyed seeing them again. What ever happened to the diamond necklace you were having made? I never could find the finished product. Wait, did some of those stones get put into your earrings? I''ll have to go back and check the stats again. And how did you end up with a BAG of single cuts??!!

I''m having second thoughts about having DH bring back a stone from Bangkok. He''s not really a gem guy, so there''s no telling what he''d end up with, and I''m nervous about having him spend much $$ without my seeing the stone first. Plus, I''m not really into the odd collector''s stones that I''d never wear, so it''s a little funny to have him come back with something I could get in the States (unless, of course, it''s much cheaper).

Didn''t see any new threads by you over the weekend, but I''ll still keep looking....
1.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
[/quote]
Thanks for the all the links - I had seen most of them (I snooped on your profile), but I really enjoyed seeing them again. What ever happened to the diamond necklace you were having made? I never could find the finished product. Wait, did some of those stones get put into your earrings? I'll have to go back and check the stats again. And how did you end up with a BAG of single cuts??!!

I'm having second thoughts about having DH bring back a stone from Bangkok. He's not really a gem guy, so there's no telling what he'd end up with, and I'm nervous about having him spend much $$ without my seeing the stone first. Plus, I'm not really into the odd collector's stones that I'd never wear, so it's a little funny to have him come back with something I could get in the States (unless, of course, it's much cheaper).

Didn't see any new threads by you over the weekend, but I'll still keep looking....
1.gif

[/quote]

Hi cellenatani
35.gif
oh-- the Diamond necklace was completed in time for my wedding--- I just never got around to posting in
19.gif
I should do that soon!
I got the bag of single cuts on ebay from the guy I get most of my stuff from ...my little heart diamond... a couple of the oecs from my earrings etc etc.
Thats exciting your hubby is going to Bangkok! R U going to give him guidelines or specific stones to look for? or will it be a surprise
2.gif

You got me--hehe- I was to busy this weekend that I hadn't started any threads.. but I made one tonight
31.gif

Surprise

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey blinky, quick question: does your pink topaz extend below the settng so that it touches your finger? I''m having some trouble with mine. Hope you got your new sparkly diamonds set okay.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 3:26:25 PM
Hey blinky, quick question: does your pink topaz extend below the settng so that it touches your finger? I''m having some trouble with mine. Hope you got your new sparkly diamonds set okay.

yes a teeny tiny bit of the point. It didn''t seem to be a prob tho. Do you have any pics yet?
My ring is done --they just called me today--- but sadly..... they close at 6..and it is 5 now and I am more than an hour away :razz:
tomorrow also---:(
i''m hoping saturday I will be able to pick it up? silly business hours!
8.gif
20.gif

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
i'm hoping saturday I will be able to pick it up? silly business hours!
8.gif
20.gif
Want company??!!
11.gif

Oh, and Celle - we're stone triplets! I just had a Gene umba set as well - split shank halo-ish style.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
WANT!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I seriously want one of these awesome bark finish rings!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 4:59:55 PM

Date: 6/25/2009 3:26:25 PM

yes a teeny tiny bit of the point. It didn''t seem to be a prob tho. Do you have any pics yet?
My ring is done --they just called me today--- but sadly..... they close at 6..and it is 5 now and I am more than an hour away :razz:
tomorrow also---:(
i''m hoping saturday I will be able to pick it up? silly business hours!
8.gif
20.gif
Oh, I''m excited that your ring is done - did you have it sized as well? I picked up mine yesterday, and now there''s a white/clear spot in the middle of the stone, and I don''t think it was there before dropping it off. It may have to do with the culet touching my finger, but also, when they first put it on the sizing mandrel, the stone scraped against the metal because it''s a bit below the setting. They used a mandrel with a groove when I picked it up, but now there''s a small scratch on the culet, and I''m wondering if it''s contributing to the white spot (which is definitely from the culet, not from the table. You can see my finger through the stone when I''m wearing it.
40.gif
I went back today to discuss it with them, but there isn''t much they can do about it. I''m now on the hunt for another one, but I''ve been to 2 other TJMs, and haven''t found another one. I''ll probably just live with it. Okay, enough whining from me.

You''re gonna post pics when you get it back, right? I want to see those new diamonds! And your jeweler is an hour away??!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 5:13:43 PM
Author: Allison D.

Want company??!!
11.gif

Oh, and Celle - we''re stone triplets! I just had a Gene umba set as well - split shank halo-ish style.
Oh, darn it!! Why can''t I live near a PSer??!! That would be so cool! So both of you are in Texas, right?

Allison, I''d love to see your umba - please post some pics!!! Please!!! I keep going back and forth, wondering if the setting I got will be too busy for my stone.

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi,

If you''re near Washington DC, the TJ Maxx on Jenifer St had a number of these last weekend, 3 or 4 pinks and several greens
31.gif

Too big for my stubby little hands, unfortunately, but pretty rings!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 8:04:38 PM
Author: Esmee
Hi,

If you''re near Washington DC, the TJ Maxx on Jenifer St had a number of these last weekend, 3 or 4 pinks and several greens
31.gif

Too big for my stubby little hands, unfortunately, but pretty rings!
Oooooh, thanks for the tip! I am near DC, in Alexandria. Now I gotta figure which metro stop is closest....

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 5:51:02 PM

Date: 6/25/2009 5:13:43 PM

Want company??!!
11.gif

Oh, and Celle - we're stone triplets! I just had a Gene umba set as well - split shank halo-ish style.
Oh, darn it!! Why can't I live near a PSer??!! That would be so cool! So both of you are in Texas, right?

Allison, I'd love to see your umba - please post some pics!!! Please!!! I keep going back and forth, wondering if the setting I got will be too busy for my stone.
No, actually - we're Massachusetts.
1.gif

Celle, we should meet in the middle! LOL - Blinky and I are both going to the antique jewelry & watch show in NYC next month. ;-)

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hey Cellantani, Friendship Heights metro stop is right by there, I think. Have fun!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 8:44:39 PM

No, actually - we''re Massachusetts.
1.gif

Celle, we should meet in the middle! LOL - Blinky and I are both going to the antique jewelry & watch show in NYC next month. ;-)
Wow, I would never have guessed that. Oh wait, I remember blinky saying she had something done at Barmakians (sp?). I know there''s one in Boston, but don''t know if it''s a chain and if there are others.

NYC sounds like such fun!! Are you going to attempt a PS GTG? And I was serious about the umba pics - I was thinking about that all afternoon! But only when you have time for it, of course - no pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results