shape
carat
color
clarity

OOOpsie! How did this sparkly get on my finger?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 9:17:11 PM
Author: Esmee
Hey Cellantani, Friendship Heights metro stop is right by there, I think. Have fun!
Thanks Esmee!! I''ve already arranged to go with my SIL and my 3 kids (who will be dragging behind, I''m sure). Too bad it will be blazing hot tomorrow...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Blinky, at the risk of annoying you by continuing to post in your thread (
41.gif
), I''ve attached pics of the colorless spot of my topaz. It''s right in the middle - can''t miss it. Obviously, it looks worse in this macro shot, but it''s definitely there IRL distance, too.

PT white1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
For perspective: how I see it.

ETA: Gaah! wrong pic. I only see it straight on, so angled shots like this look okay.

PT white2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
THIS is how I see it:

It''s not the worst thing ever, but it''s going to drive me nuts. And I dont'' really know how it happened. My jeweler said that heat would cause it to change color, but it would be all over, not just in one particular spot. Then the bench man opined that maybe the color could rub off.
33.gif
Also, it''s much more noticeable when I wear the ring and the culet is touching my finger.

Threadjack over, sorry blinky!

PT white3.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 5:45:54 PM
Author: cellentani
Date: 6/25/2009 4:59:55 PM

Author: blinkydoll

Date: 6/25/2009 3:26:25 PM

Hey blinky, quick question: does your pink topaz extend below the settng so that it touches your finger? I''m having some trouble with mine. Hope you got your new sparkly diamonds set okay.

yes a teeny tiny bit of the point. It didn''t seem to be a prob tho. Do you have any pics yet?

My ring is done --they just called me today--- but sadly..... they close at 6..and it is 5 now and I am more than an hour away :razz:

tomorrow also---:(

i''m hoping saturday I will be able to pick it up? silly business hours!

8.gif
20.gif
Oh, I''m excited that your ring is done - did you have it sized as well? I picked up mine yesterday, and now there''s a white/clear spot in the middle of the stone, and I don''t think it was there before dropping it off. It may have to do with the culet touching my finger, but also, when they first put it on the sizing mandrel, the stone scraped against the metal because it''s a bit below the setting. They used a mandrel with a groove when I picked it up, but now there''s a small scratch on the culet, and I''m wondering if it''s contributing to the white spot (which is definitely from the culet, not from the table. You can see my finger through the stone when I''m wearing it.
40.gif
I went back today to discuss it with them, but there isn''t much they can do about it. I''m now on the hunt for another one, but I''ve been to 2 other TJMs, and haven''t found another one. I''ll probably just live with it. Okay, enough whining from me.

You''re gonna post pics when you get it back, right? I want to see those new diamonds! And your jeweler is an hour away??!!

Oh no!-- they won''t do anything to fix it?
how about getting a diff stone for it?
i could see my finger through the stone a little.--- I know that thats a no no... and its a window--- but i''m just going to enjoy the ring for being affordable pink and cute--- and kind let go about the stone not being the best quality.--if that makes sense?
28.gif

I did not get my ring sized--- the 6 seams to be fine
21.gif

Oh a PS NY gtg could be fun!

Al D--- maybe we can do the sat thing :) I would get to see your garnet again :)
30.gif
hehe and you of course
35.gif
tee-hee

cellentani--I hope you find another ring!

oh-- I almost went to Washington last month! but we had to reschedule the trip for September. How far is DC to you?
I will have to pick your brain on tips of good places to check out when I go
21.gif

my eyes are shutting --- so before I make another typo or spelling error-- I should go to bed
24.gif

night night
35.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Blinky, I can''t believe you post so late; I think that''s why I started thinking you weren''t in the same time zone as me. Hope you and Allison can meet up tomorrow - bring your camera so I can see rings from both of you guys!

Well, after a 3hr round trip metro ride, I was able to locate another pink ring (thanks again esmee!), hoofed it over to my jeweler and got it successfully switched. So maybe I''m crazy for doing all this running around, but I''m happy with how things turned out. The lineup of pink rings in my jewelry box is growing.
9.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 6:03:23 PM
Blinky, I can''t believe you post so late; I think that''s why I started thinking you weren''t in the same time zone as me. Hope you and Allison can meet up tomorrow - bring your camera so I can see rings from both of you guys!

Well, after a 3hr round trip metro ride, I was able to locate another pink ring (thanks again esmee!), hoofed it over to my jeweler and got it successfully switched. So maybe I''m crazy for doing all this running around, but I''m happy with how things turned out. The lineup of pink rings in my jewelry box is growing.
9.gif

Yay Cellentani you found another one!
36.gif
do u have any pics of the newly switched stone?
31.gif

it was worth it in the end if you are happy with the outcome
2.gif

ooooooo... I think we need a pic of your lineup of Pink rings
31.gif

hehe---yup-- i have been staying up to late-- I usually go to the gym till midnight.. and sometimes I can''t sleep after so I lurk pricescope
20.gif

Yup-- we are meeting up tomorrow
9.gif
I will have my camera :) I will see what I can do
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi blinky - glad to see you before midnight! I''m very impressed by your gym committment, and I think I need to start (she says, looking down at her empty pack of peanut M&M''s - king size, mind you).

I could get some pics of the new stone tomorrow, but honestly, it will look very similar to all the others - it''s in the same setting with the upgraded diamonds.

We should start a pink thread! But your jewelry box is much more impressive than mine, I''m sure. For all my big talk, I''ve only got 3 pink rings; well, 4 if you count the not-very-pink morganite!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple quick comparison shots of the pink topaz - you can see through the stone to my finger much more clearly in the one.

pink topaz comparison1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And a shot of the upgraded diamonds.

pink topaz comparison2.JPG

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Oooh cute!!
36.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
yay cellentani--thanks for adding more pics
1.gif

I''m Back and I have pics of my ring with the new Diamonds!!! it came out great-- the new diamonds help allot!
here we go.... pics:
4.gif

blinkydoll-3194.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3214.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3188.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
If those diamonds are as big as I think they are.....
31.gif

Wow, they're really nice - your jeweler did a great job!!! Okay, more pics.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3218.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
yup they are bigger---lol
4.gif

blinkydoll-3219.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3229.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Blinky, your ring looks fantastic, those diamonds really make a difference! Did your jeweler have to re-drill seats to accommodate them?

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3231.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
he said he made new prongs-- thats it.
21.gif

i will get some super close up shots of just the diamonds tomorrow

blinkydoll-3230.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3240-2.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
this ones for you cellentani--to show how much it protrudes

blinkydoll-3238.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3239.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
diamondsszzzz

blinkydoll-3257.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I''m so happy it all turned out well. DH was looking over my shoulder at your pics - I''d told him all about "our" rings a couple days ago. He thinks your diamonds look nice too.
21.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif
picture overload?

blinkydoll-3235.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
thanks cellentani!
oh thank you Mr Cellentani!!
35.gif

did you tell him we are ring twins? lolo
35.gif
35.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 11:16:51 PM
Author: blinkydoll
thanks cellentani!
oh thank you Mr Cellentani!!
35.gif

did you tell him we are ring twins? lolo
35.gif
35.gif
Yes I did! But he whacked me when I started talking about how much bigger your side diamonds were, lol. I even told him how similar our ERs are - showed him a pic awhile ago, but he probably doesn''t remember.
20.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

blinkydoll-3190.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results