shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC help with clarity concerns

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! Congratulations on your new project!!

My personal opinion, is that:
1. Buy the diamond loose. If you are worried about clarity, you will not be fooled by the setting.
2. I would go for the best clarity that you can afford. Especially since you are sensitive about it from the outset. I used to be okay in the VS zone, but seeing VVS vintage diamonds has made me highly prize clarity. (My sweet spot is K, VVS2.).
3. You will have a tough time evaluating lower color diamonds based on photos. I probably wouldn’t even look at N-Z diamonds. Unless you want a noticeably off color diamond. (Also it will be harder to sell when you eventually go for your next trade up…!)

Just my 3 cents, but only after many years of buying and selling vintage.

I saw some lovely diamonds. Pictures to follow. ❤️❤️

Appreciate it so much! And clarity I’m not too persnickety about, and I’d actually be open to a very low color, visibly tinted diamond. I’d probably intentionally want to play up the tint! But you’re that resale is going to be much harder!

Do you have a loupetroop listing where I can message you?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sorry…I am totally challenged with adding pictures today. Message me if you would like a link. ❤️

FYI-there is no messaging function on PS

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Sorry…I am totally challenged with adding pictures today. Message me if you would like a link. ❤️

Thread jacking but I really need to know about that ring in your avatar! I saw one on JbG that was similar and used to belong to PSer… Wondering if that is it?

Your

Youre sweet! I’ve actually been in touch with her and she has a nice option.. buuuuut

A fun update…I actually fell in love with a stone and put it ON HOLD! :mrgreen:I’m still going to Lang this Friday to see no. 6 and anything else that strikes my fancy, as I can’t pass up the chance to make sure I am making the right decision by seeing things IRL!

It’s a much larger stone than I was expecting to fall for, and I’m loving the tint, a bright and beautiful color - like summer!

3.5 carats, SI1, S-T color

All of the inclusions are around the edges - she she’d go in a bezel

She’s a whopper at 9.16 x 8.85 and I will definitely need to make sure I’m comfortable with the size!

I’m trying to lead this search with my heart, not my mind - and my heart fluttered the moment I saw it!

Whoa.

If you do end up falling in love with #6, if there amy chance you'd be able to get it and your new favorite at the same time so you can compare both in person??

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Guys, my world has turned upside down. Black is white, inside is outside, etc.

Here’s a recap:

I walked away empty handed!
  • I did NOT like #6 the 2.02 K AT ALL - the color or cut, I practically ripped it off my hand :lol:
  • I don’t like I-L colors
  • I DO like M, all the way down to fancy yellow the best (over the whitest white)
  • Cool-toned brown undertones and anything with a hint of green look TERRIBLE on me
  • I want 2.5 carats or more :rolleyes:
  • I didn’t like a single OMC there at all, none of them were bright enough
  • If I can’t find my holy grail OMC, I want a bright and beautiful OEC
This is emphasizing how critical IRL trips are. @RunningwithScissors was so right, and then some.

Pics coming…

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

Here’s a recap:

• I did NOT like #6 the 2.02 K AT ALL - the color or cut, I practically ripped it off my hand :lol:
  • I DO like M, all the way down to fancy yellow the best (over the whitest white)
  • Cool-toned brown undertones and anything with a hint of green look TERRIBLE on me
This is emphasizing how critical IRL trips are. @RunningwithScissors was so right, and then some.

Pics coming…

So glad that you got to see it in person!!!! Also so interesting that you like M-fancy yellow over whitest white! That’s really good for the wallet too LOL By 2.5, do you mean minimum of 8mm? This is kind of good news for your “favorite”! Do you know what the underlying tint of your “favorite” is?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So glad that you got to see it in person!!!! Also so interesting that you like M-fancy yellow over whitest white! That’s really good for the wallet too LOL By 2.5, do you mean minimum of 8mm? This is kind of good news for your “favorite”! Do you know what the underlying tint of your “favorite” is?

The “smallest” one I liked was ~8.4mm

And after trying on bigger stones…it almost felt too small! :lol:

I definitely think the “favorite” is going to check the boxes for size and color

I’m not sure if it will be bright enough, but I’m willing to find out!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
The “smallest” one I liked was ~8.4mm

And after trying on bigger stones…it almost felt too small! :lol:

I definitely think the “favorite” is going to check the boxes for size and color

I’m not sure if it will be bright enough, but I’m willing to find out!

This is very exciting! Thank goodness the ST is a honker lol

Was #2 there or was it already gone?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Here’s a recap:

Pics coming…

This is so good that you were able to go see them in person! I am sorry it wasn't a more exciting (and expensive) trip though.... The right stone is out there!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock

Here’s a recap:

Pics coming…
This is so interesting to me. I thought for sure I was a D-G color girl. There wasn’t a soul out there that could convince me otherwise. But then I got my 2ct OEC that is an M and I immediately had my mind blown. I think a well cut mid-range color with very good clarity (VS1+) is now my sweet spot, at least for OECs. The color flashes seem so much more vibrant and rich than a high color one to me.

I’m hoping you will find one that blows your mind and more!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So, here are some pics...

No. 6

There were moments when #6 was bright...
And moments where she was dead!

IMG-2081.jpg

IMG-2063.jpg

For fun
Faint pink/brown did not flatter me - it was an original Edwardian Tiffany & Co - 2.7 carats
IMG-2120.jpg

Here's what 175k looks like! :lol: 4.36 carats, E VVS2!

IMG-2123.jpg

A honker...hitting my size limit LOL - 5.14 L SI2 - had some cut problems but fun to try on

IMG-2138.jpg

A lovely little pear, 1.88 H

IMG-2077.jpg

A very pretty 2.26 I VS2, loved the setting!

Veeeery comfortably rocking 3 carats...LOL...3.07 H VS2

My actual favorites

Loving these color combos

The OMC 3-stone was fun, but they were all poorly cut - 1.2 M/K sides, 3.02 fancy light yellow center

IMG-2101.jpg

These were hands down my faves - beautifully cut, bright, contrasty OECs with slightly different flavors

2.38 M SI1 (8.42 x 8.57) <--- suspect this is a little too small
4.01 fancy light brown/yellow VSI (9.89 x 10mm) <---- too richly tinted, would prefer straight yellow

IMG-2115.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is so interesting to me. I thought for sure I was a D-G color girl. There wasn’t a soul out there that could convince me otherwise. But then I got my 2ct OEC that is an M and I immediately had my mind blown. I think a well cut mid-range color with very good clarity (VS1+) is now my sweet spot, at least for OECs. The color flashes seem so much more vibrant and rich than a high color one to me.

I’m hoping you will find one that blows your mind and more!!!

Yeah, it is really interesting to learn! I still loved the DEF range, but I reaaaaally was drawn to anything light/or sunny yellow and it had an edge over WHITE white stones to me. Maybe one day there will be room in my collection for both!

The M was right at the edge of not being tinted enough.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
So, here are some pics...

No. 6

There were moments when #6 was bright...
And moments where she was dead!

IMG-2081.jpg

IMG-2063.jpg

For fun
Faint pink/brown did not flatter me - it was an original Edwardian Tiffany & Co - 2.7 carats
IMG-2120.jpg

Here's what 175k looks like! :lol: 4.36 carats, E VVS2!

IMG-2123.jpg

A honker...hitting my size limit LOL - 5.14 L SI2 - had some cut problems but fun to try on

IMG-2138.jpg

A lovely little pear, 1.88 H

IMG-2077.jpg

A very pretty 2.26 I VS2, loved the setting!

Veeeery comfortably rocking 3 carats...LOL...3.07 H VS2

My actual favorites

Loving these color combos

The OMC 3-stone was fun, but they were all poorly cut - 1.2 M/K sides, 3.02 fancy light yellow center

IMG-2101.jpg

These were hands down my faves - beautifully cut, bright, contrasty OECs with slightly different flavors

2.38 M SI1 (8.42 x 8.57) <--- suspect this is a little too small
4.01 fancy light brown/yellow VSI (9.89 x 10mm) <---- too richly tinted, would prefer straight yellow

IMG-2115.jpg

Definitely see what you mean about #6 in that second pic! What a fun and informative trip you had today!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank so much for sharing! I hope your trip to Lang’s helped narrow down what you want! And so appreciate you taking the time to give us all the pics and eye candy! Now onto the Favorite which I hope you’ll see in person soon? Is it local or do you have to have it sent to you?

-C4C

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank so much for sharing! I hope your trip to Lang’s helped narrow down what you want! And so appreciate you taking the time to give us all the pics and eye candy! Now onto the Favorite which I hope you’ll see in person soon? Is it local or do you have to have it sent to you?

-C4C

Unfortunately couldn’t arrange to see it locally, I’ll have to buy it outright and decide to return it or keep it! If it’s not “the one” I will probably travel to NYC! :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing all of these! I really adore the three stone with the yellow center. One thing that I noticed in the earlier videos from the company is that they seem to be in that ultra bright jewelry light where everything looks good. Seeing irl makes a huge difference.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your trip and photos! So glad you got to see these diamonds in person. It has clearly helped you narrow down your preferences. These antique stones can be so different so the fact that you were able to rule them out - while possibly disappointing is a good thing for you. The search continues and we are all anxious for the next step!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for sharing all of these! I really adore the three stone with the yellow center. One thing that I noticed in the earlier videos from the company is that they seem to be in that ultra bright jewelry light where everything looks good. Seeing irl makes a huge difference.

This is so true. Taking things towards the front of the store in more natural lighting was a game changer! And evaluating with my own eyes!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your trip and photos! So glad you got to see these diamonds in person. It has clearly helped you narrow down your preferences. These antique stones can be so different so the fact that you were able to rule them out - while possibly disappointing is a good thing for you. The search continues and we are all anxious for the next step!

You are so sweet. I had so much fun and I learned a lot about what I like versus love. It felt alright walking away from them, which tells me a lot.

I also learned that really bright, contrasty OMCs are a very rare thing. Not only are they hard to find based on specs, you might think they look good in videos even…but I think a stunning one is basically a unicorn. Every single one I saw disappointed in the store. I’m shocked I encountered such a gorgeous one by accident in a random store in chicago! I never would’ve known how incredible they can be without having seen that one.

So excited to see the OMC from Adam in person!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results