carat
color
clarity

OMC help with clarity concerns

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh y’all

This diamond is like a little sun in my paws

My dog is very confused about why I’m aimlessly walking from room to room staring at my hand :lol:

Forgive the picture overload. Having so much fun playing with this stone. Will try to upload videos shortly

First impression - it’s beautiful. It’s HUGE! Lots of fire. Takes kindly to yellow gold, it just becomes this warm, pale liquid gold - but could actually play well with platinum too (unexpectedly)

6343B41E-BE9B-4A20-8322-56B9036DD3D5.jpeg
76226B6D-5BCE-4634-85BC-32790F96DBBA.jpeg
87CAF511-B9BB-4D94-BD70-6603E10714D0.jpeg CC2CFF8F-44E2-4769-9212-9F49945E52FF.jpeg
1441C85F-C520-4DE8-A009-9381E4EFDD78.jpeg

I love your SMILE! I think that says it ALL!

It certainly looks bright and lively in all of the pics and videos!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics and videos - thank you for posting for us!!

It's pretty. I am not sensing that it knocked your socks off? Not that you have to answer to that, of course! I have experienced a gamut myself - breath taken away immediately, slow burn, want to love it but never passes appreciation, and nope. I love searching after that first reaction, and I love seeing others find it for themselves.

So happy you are sharing your search and journey with us, and looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts as they come!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Eek! this is exciting! It looks beautiful to me! Looks bright and sparkly. I'm not seeing any facets that stay dark all the time. I love the size on your hand - that distance shot, holy moley!

Your initial positive reaction is telling me that this might just be the one! You're doing exactly the right thing by checking it out in different lighting conditions. And tonight you can see how it looks it lower lighting.

My only advice is to take some deep breaths lol! And just spend some time getting to know this diamond. And keep posting pics ha!

You are totally right. I gotta let it sink in and keep taking it on very gentle tours around the house!

And good call out with the color.

So I learned - I clear, obvious color in stones. The middle ranges bothered me IRL.

I was like a lightbulb went off. I want WHITE, or YELLOW, or (sometimes) BROWN. But a slight tint drove me nuts...and certain tints bother me, like anything leaning green (my original M)

So the color here, for me, is an absolute perk. When I saw yellower diamonds IRL I was smitten, but I wanted pure yellow. Needed to be sure there wasn't a whisper of brown or green....

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Great pics and videos - thank you for posting for us!!

It's pretty. I am not sensing that it knocked your socks off? Not that you have to answer to that, of course! I have experienced a gamut myself - breath taken away immediately, slow burn, want to love it but never passes appreciation, and nope. I love searching after that first reaction, and I love seeing others find it for themselves.

So happy you are sharing your search and journey with us, and looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts as they come!

I think I audibly gasped when I first opened the box. I was dumbfounded that such a beautiful object had made it's way into my house! Now I need to get to know her better! I think any hesitation I am feeling is the commitment of $$! It's just the most I have ever spent on anything for myself beyond my education. I need to know for SURE and mull over it.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I audibly gasped when I first opened the box. I was dumbfounded that such a beautiful object had made it's way into my house! Now I need to get to know her better! I think any hesitation I am feeling is the commitment of $$! It's just the most I have ever spent on anything for myself beyond my education. I need to know for SURE and mull over it.

I hear that - all of that! Yay for the initial impact and wise for still taking it slow and getting to know her well.

That is a gorgeous stone!! Have you decided whether you’d like to play up the colour (if you keep it) or downplay it?

I feel like in a YG cup and prong/bezel setting, perhaps with a halo of white stones around it, it could look all the way to fancy light! that’s all I can imagine when I see it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Wooooowwwwwwzers!!!! If you keep her, I vote for “Raye”, as she is sunshine for sure! LOL!

What do you think? Have you put her next to any other pieces? Does your heart sing when she sparkles for you? And which color metal do you think brings her beauty out more?

Definitely yellow for sure. It just looks like pale liquid gold in yellow metal...I could pull off platinum if I was deadset on it though which was a fun surprise!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I'll so hopeful about this one. I think it really is "the one." I know the color wasn't what you were aiming for initially. But maybe you just weren't into lower color OECs before because they didn't have the right tone or cut!

I think so - and it took me seeing a lot of different colors to figure out what tints and ranges I didn't like. I learned that not at tints look the same IRL at all! And I wanted puuuuuure yellowy goodness!

I think so - and it took me seeing a lot of different colors to figure out what tints and ranges I didn't like. I learned that not at tints look the same IRL at all! And I wanted puuuuuure yellowy goodness!

I'm the same. I like the idea of "chameleons" or what not. But then I always end up going for stones that hold their color and have minimal shift under different lighting. :rodent:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! How awesome that you finally have this and can examine in your own home, in real life as you live it, not just inside the store. Quite huge and quite beautiful! Can't wait to see how all turns out! :appl::love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous stone!! Have you decided whether you’d like to play up the colour (if you keep it) or downplay it?

I feel like in a YG cup and prong/bezel setting, perhaps with a halo of white stones around it, it could look all the way to fancy light! that’s all I can imagine when I see it!

I definitely want it in gold. For some reason "cups" aren't mind clean to me, I'm weirdly a purest and want to see the color of the actual stone, not the metal enhancing it.

However, I definitely think no matter what settings can impact a stone a lot. She would be best in yellow gold for sure :)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Does it have fluorescence?
- just curious.

Enjoy your journey!
I’m sure enjoying watching it unfold for you.
:)

ps
I’m glad you brought this one in to see in person - even though you noted the ‘color concentration’ in the vendor shots.
We may never know what might bug us later on and grow out of. But initially assuming something that seems aside from ‘perfection’ won’t turn into a ‘flavor’ we might happen to actually like irl - is kinda boring.

No flouro actually!

And you are so kind, thank you. This has been a fun ride!

And you are right. It's important not to sweep things under the rug as charming at first blush. I need to examine it closely and be sure of how I feel after the initial excitement!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:shock: Is it the one?! :love:
That is a beautiful stone, and the color is exactly what old cuts are about.
Yes, walk around with it, contemplate over it as much as you need to.
Let us know what you think after a good few days of looking.

*But, if it were me, that's the one. I'd put it into a mounting in the spirit of Roe, Heyne, or a variation of a McTeigue and Mclelland.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
:shock: Is it the one?! :love:
That is a beautiful stone, and the color is exactly what old cuts are about.
Yes, walk around with it, contemplate over it as much as you need to.
Let us know what you think after a good few days of looking.

*But, if it were me, that's the one. I'd put it into a mounting in the spirit of Roe, Heyne, or a variation of a McTeigue and Mclelland.

This sure is the one!

And I think we are on the page…on all counts! Haha

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is breathtaking!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. A ray of sunshine at your fingertips! Looking forward to seeing how you set her if you keep it! Enjoy!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to go back and read through the thread because I couldn’t remember the carat size.

3.5 carats!!! Wow that is an amazing jump in size!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the 3.5 ct on your hand! :kiss2:

I would love to see some more close ups.

I vote for the name Soleil if you keep her!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
This looks AMAZING and the perfect size on you!! :kiss2::kiss2: You will know what the right decision is, but as an outside observer something about this stone just seems to click with you and seem perfect for you and your style.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So fun to feel the awe and joy in your words! So glad you are loving this new one so far! The color is neither strong or pale but just right!! Enjoy playing with her - take her everywhere!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh y’all

This diamond is like a little sun in my paws

My dog is very confused about why I’m aimlessly walking from room to room staring at my hand :lol:

Forgive the picture overload. Having so much fun playing with this stone. Will try to upload videos shortly

First impression - it’s beautiful. It’s HUGE! Lots of fire. Takes kindly to yellow gold, it just becomes this warm, pale liquid gold - but could actually play well with platinum too (unexpectedly)

6343B41E-BE9B-4A20-8322-56B9036DD3D5.jpeg
76226B6D-5BCE-4634-85BC-32790F96DBBA.jpeg
87CAF511-B9BB-4D94-BD70-6603E10714D0.jpeg CC2CFF8F-44E2-4769-9212-9F49945E52FF.jpeg
1441C85F-C520-4DE8-A009-9381E4EFDD78.jpeg

I absolutely LOVE the hand pic! The size is perfect and it's got all the antique feels.

I LOVE the 3.5 ct on your hand! :kiss2:

I would love to see some more close ups.

I vote for the name Soleil if you keep her!

I also hope you'll be able to get some closer ups hehe. And Soleil would really be a fitting name. It seems to be such a glowy, happy stone.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
These might be boring and repetitive, but they are all different lighting environments. She never goes muddy at all! Just a stable, delicious pale yellow

25670867-7ECE-467D-9D60-27393311BB3B.jpeg
40E0BF62-40AA-4619-A4AA-0BB903A4C39E.jpeg 74F5637C-279D-49F0-A429-029F822A315D.jpeg 4A81D054-E961-4C85-81F7-E489F7AB0D59.jpeg 0EF39D49-5120-4344-A7F8-F7861A04AB7D.jpeg

Not repetitive and certainly not BORING at all to us PSers. They are all different. The only common thing is that it looks pretty in every pic!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results