shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC help with clarity concerns

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so sweet. I had so much fun and I learned a lot about what I like versus love. It felt alright walking away from them, which tells me a lot.

I also learned that really bright, contrasty OMCs are a very rare thing. Not only are they hard to find based on specs, you might think they look good in videos even…but I think a stunning one is basically a unicorn. Every single one I saw disappointed in the store. I’m shocked I encountered such a gorgeous one by accident in a random store in chicago! I never would’ve known how incredible they can be without having seen that one.

So excited to see the OMC from Adam in person!

I guess this is what helped the August Vintage round and cushion cuts be so successful - they focused on the light return. However, they don’t have the true vintage designation that so many love!

Guys, my world has turned upside down. Black is white, inside is outside, etc.

Here’s a recap:

I walked away empty handed!
  • I did NOT like #6 the 2.02 K AT ALL - the color or cut, I practically ripped it off my hand :lol:
  • I don’t like I-L colors
  • I DO like M, all the way down to fancy yellow the best (over the whitest white)
  • Cool-toned brown undertones and anything with a hint of green look TERRIBLE on me
  • I want 2.5 carats or more :rolleyes:
  • I didn’t like a single OMC there at all, none of them were bright enough
  • If I can’t find my holy grail OMC, I want a bright and beautiful OEC
This is emphasizing how critical IRL trips are. @RunningwithScissors was so right, and then some.

Pics coming…

Sorry to hear #6 wasn't the one. But fortunately you don't seem too bummed over it. Sounds like it was still a worthwhile trip. So the search continues! Let's go team!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I guess this is what helped the August Vintage round and cushion cuts be so successful - they focused on the light return. However, they don’t have the true vintage designation that so many love!

Tooootally understand now in a new way!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sooo much for sharing these pics and your experience. I really was hoping #6 would be fabulous. Going to the front of the store was so smart to get away from all the halogen lights to reveal how it would truly behave in IRL. Your experience here is invaluable in your search. Heh:Up_to_something:, I must say, now I wonder if the snatched stone would not have turned out the same given all this. Goes to show ya, real life seeing all the nuances of diamond behavior and light return really paid off and NOT just going by all the ooohs and ahhhs naturally engendered from a video under lights designed to make the stone appear optimal. Anyway, You are going to be really, really happy when you find "the one!" And we will be happy for you!:)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I finally have a minute.
I'm disappointed that #6 goes dark in real lighting, and that's something that wouldn't be known by picture/video alone. I had high hopes for it. Is the mounting fabulous on the hand, though? The whole experience looked like such a good time. What's a more fun afternoon than trying on baubles and leaving knowing what you want? I think it has to be empowering, which can sound silly on it's face, but these kind of financial outlays are a high pressure and almost calculus driven to avoid expensive and extended time eating exchanges.
* I love the mounting and look of the 2.38 M as well! Oh, do I.*
I think it's wise to keep OEC cut in the running if your goal is edge to edge brightness, not such a unicorn in that case. Maybe you'll run across one of those 'morphing' O/EMC cuts, which is a name I made up because transitional is already taken. I'm sure there's a term, I just don't know it :lol:

With that said, on to the next! :love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I finally have a minute.
I'm disappointed that #6 goes dark in real lighting, and that's something that wouldn't be known by picture/video alone. I had high hopes for it. Is the mounting fabulous on the hand, though? The whole experience looked like such a good time. What's a more fun afternoon than trying on baubles and leaving knowing what you want? I think it has to be empowering, which can sound silly on it's face, but these kind of financial outlays are a high pressure and almost calculus driven to avoid expensive and extended time eating exchanges.
* I love the mounting and look of the 2.38 M as well! Oh, do I.*
I think it's wise to keep OEC cut in the running if your goal is edge to edge brightness, not such a unicorn in that case. Maybe you'll run across one of those 'morphing' O/EMC cuts, which is a name I made up because transitional is already taken. I'm sure there's a term, I just don't know it :lol:

With that said, on to the next! :love:

I was disappointed about the 2.02 too, but of course they wouldn’t have shown her in such an unflattering light! The setting was exquisite and surprisingly delicate. Beautiful

I walked out really understanding the merits of OMCs and OECs. I think if I expect that same edge to edge brightness in OMCs I’ll always be dissatisfied, but there was something I disliked about the ones I saw, unlike the one in chicago. The 2.38 OEC was a knockout, I was ALMOST tempted to buy it, but want to keep exploring OMCs before I give up and frankly wanted it to be slightly bigger and yellower! The setting was gorgeous, but actually lightweight (in a bad way) - it felt…I hate to say it…a bit cheap. But the stone and whole look was out of this world gorgeous!

I’m hoping Adam’s OMC checks all of the boxes…the color is exactly what I want, the size, the shape, now I need to see if my hungry eyes are satiated by the light return!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed with bated breath!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That gave *me* butterflies.... I am so excited for you!!! Fingers and toes crossed; can't wait to see what you think!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I have been refreshing the FedEx tracker every few minutes :lol:

So excited for you! "The Favourite" looked a darling in the video, can't wait to hear what it's like in person.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cerulean, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think, and seeing pics! It looks like a beautiful diamond to me.

Thanks for sharing your experience at Lang - I had been considering a few of the rings you posted and it was fun to see them. I was so tempted by the 2.38!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh y’all

This diamond is like a little sun in my paws

My dog is very confused about why I’m aimlessly walking from room to room staring at my hand :lol:

Forgive the picture overload. Having so much fun playing with this stone. Will try to upload videos shortly

First impression - it’s beautiful. It’s HUGE! Lots of fire. Takes kindly to yellow gold, it just becomes this warm, pale liquid gold - but could actually play well with platinum too (unexpectedly)

6343B41E-BE9B-4A20-8322-56B9036DD3D5.jpeg
76226B6D-5BCE-4634-85BC-32790F96DBBA.jpeg
87CAF511-B9BB-4D94-BD70-6603E10714D0.jpeg CC2CFF8F-44E2-4769-9212-9F49945E52FF.jpeg
1441C85F-C520-4DE8-A009-9381E4EFDD78.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, that is an amazing diamond, it has a glow to it it, maybe that sounds crazy but that’s what I noticed in the pictures.

Also, is that a tri-color sheltie in the background?

What do you think? Is it love?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Um, that is an amazing diamond, it has a glow to it it, maybe that sounds crazy but that’s what I noticed in the pictures.

Also, is that a tri-color sheltie in the background?

What do you think? Is it love?

It’s gorgeous. It’s weirdly still sinking in! Like, I can’t believe it’s in MY house. It’s surreal? I think I’m a bit floored, really!

What I do know, is that the song “My Girl” by the Temptations is playing in my head on repeat, because this stone does just glow. I honestly feel like I have a piece of solar essence in my possession!

And he’s a tri color collie! My big baby…

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow she’s so pretty! I love the puffy crown! I love lower colored diamonds. Something about them feels so soft and magical :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a beauty @Cerulean, I can see why this was the favorite.

Squeeeeeee! I love tri-color Shelties or Collies, so beautiful. I must come visit so we can play with diamonds and dogs ;-)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eek! this is exciting! It looks beautiful to me! Looks bright and sparkly. I'm not seeing any facets that stay dark all the time. I love the size on your hand - that distance shot, holy moley!

Your initial positive reaction is telling me that this might just be the one! You're doing exactly the right thing by checking it out in different lighting conditions. And tonight you can see how it looks it lower lighting.

My only advice is to take some deep breaths lol! And just spend some time getting to know this diamond. And keep posting pics ha!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and in some lights it looks like fancy light!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only other thing I'll throw out there is to think about how you feel about the color...I think it's beautiful, not bringing this up as a negative, but your current diamond is an E, just something to keep in mind.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Wooooowwwwwwzers!!!! If you keep her, I vote for “Raye”, as she is sunshine for sure! LOL!

What do you think? Have you put her next to any other pieces? Does your heart sing when she sparkles for you? And which color metal do you think brings her beauty out more?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have fluorescence?
- just curious.

Enjoy your journey!
I’m sure enjoying watching it unfold for you.
:)

ps
I’m glad you brought this one in to see in person - even though you noted the ‘color concentration’ in the vendor shots.
We may never know what might bug us later on and grow out of. But initially assuming something that seems aside from ‘perfection’ won’t turn into a ‘flavor’ we might happen to actually like irl - is kinda boring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results