shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC help with clarity concerns

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lesson definitely learned! If I’m seriously considering something, I’ll be putting it on hold! I can’t reasonably put every possible contender on hold, but I’ll focus on the top 1-2

That's what I do. I literally dont post unless I can drop out all the identifying details and/or put on hold. .

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
An unfortunate reminder that I will need to obscure additional options bc of lurkers…that ring was there for a long time…

1F23A56E-6C3F-4E9D-BFC6-32FFD76F2A18.jpeg

Yes…exactly. Really low. This ring sat with no attention for maaaany months…

I guess it just means it wasn’t meant to be!

And it also means that the lurker is kind of an a**hole :roll::D

I wish them well…and may they be reminded of this thread every time they look at their pretty new upgrade! :mrgreen:

I’ll leave the pettiness behind now! Felt good though… :lol: My feelings aside, it really takes away from the spirit of the forum if people feel like they can’t share things. It’s really valuable to get other opinions and feedback and to benefit from the collective knowledge of the community - and heck, just share the excitement!

I guess this person is not interested in keeping this a trusting community

I was so mad:x2 to see this because it was your initial choice and we were all working together (pros, connoisseurs and fans who appreciate) to help narrow down!

TBH, though, I have always, always liked #6 the best and wanted you to reserve that one early on, even though you initially wanted that higher color. Number 6 just seemed to have that twinkle action that was just mesmerizing and that setting is :kiss2:! The setting on the "stolen" one, you would have had to spend $ to change it up anyway since it was obscuring the stone. I guess if we really like a stone, moving forward, just post the pic and crop out the rest. I know the stone that you posted later as well and that is probably the best way so that time and effort is not flushed down the toilet. Sending you positive vibes....There will always be something else! Your stone is making its way to you!:)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I was so mad:x2 to see this because it was your initial choice and we were all working together (pros, connoisseurs and fans who appreciate) to help narrow down!

TBH, though, I have always, always liked #6 the best and wanted you to reserve that one early on, even though you initially wanted that higher color. Number 6 just seemed to have that twinkle action that was just mesmerizing and that setting is :kiss2:! The setting on the "stolen" one, you would have had to spend $ to change it up anyway since it was obscuring the stone. I guess if we really like a stone, moving forward, just post the pic and crop out the rest. I know the stone that you posted later as well and that is probably the best way so that time and effort is not flushed down the toilet. Sending you positive vibes....There will always be something else! Your stone is making its way to you!:)

You are so sweet, I really appreciate it. We will see…I’m so excited to see no. 6 IRL!!! And I’ve gotten great advice and it means a lot to me! The higher color one just wasn’t meant to be. And if the K isn’t “right” there will be other stones that are out there, whether it’s now or in the future.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
For hungry eyes, another video of Option 6

she's also crystal clear...a VS1 OMC! yummy. almost shimmers like water...

It’s gorgeous but I thought you needed high color? Still in the midst of reading all of this thread.

Edit - I see you mixed up the S-T and this is actually a K. Anyway can’t wait to see what you think when you see it irl!

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s gorgeous but I thought you needed high color? Still in the midst of reading all of this thread.

Edit - I see you mixed up the S-T and this is actually a K. Anyway can’t wait to see what you think when you see it irl!

I love icy white! But I’m also open to the S-T still, just waiting on more info. But I’d set it in yellow gold to really play up the color. Totally different vibe and I wouldn’t compare it to owning a white stone at all

The K is more in the territory of perceivably whitish. I’ll need to see how I feel in person. I am not sure if I’ll like the “middle range” of the alphabet, if that makes sense. But it’s undoubtedly a beautiful OMC so I’m giving it a shot!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I sent you an email through LT. Maybe check spam in case it went there.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Cerulean, Just reading this thread for the first time, fascinating and I really like 2 and 6, flipping cruel of someone to pinch your spot without letting you know that they wanted to move on it..if you didnt..unless as you said they just received a newsletter about it. I’m now desperate to know if you have seen them, any others and what you have bought or not bought and why..very exciting! :appl:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Your
Have you decided on a stone? Came across a vendor who posted some options. Not sure if they’re still available but figured I’d share.

Youre sweet! I’ve actually been in touch with her and she has a nice option.. buuuuut

A fun update…I actually fell in love with a stone and put it ON HOLD! :mrgreen:I’m still going to Lang this Friday to see no. 6 and anything else that strikes my fancy, as I can’t pass up the chance to make sure I am making the right decision by seeing things IRL!

It’s a much larger stone than I was expecting to fall for, and I’m loving the tint, a bright and beautiful color - like summer!

3.5 carats, SI1, S-T color

All of the inclusions are around the edges - she she’d go in a bezel

She’s a whopper at 9.16 x 8.85 and I will definitely need to make sure I’m comfortable with the size!

I’m trying to lead this search with my heart, not my mind - and my heart fluttered the moment I saw it!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, the favorite has a super yummy facet pattern. Very lively! Gorgeous!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lordt, Favorite is certainly something. Look at that pattern! :love:
I can't wait to hear what you say about these super promising prospects after seeing them in hand.

* I'm sorry you had one of the swiping snipes.
That ish is not cool, snipes, NOT cool.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I also know there’s some color concentration under the table for “the Favorite”; but it actually endears me to the stone. I can’t really explain it, as it’s an imperfection, so to speak, but it makes my artist heart quite happy

Will also post pics from Lang for sure!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Your

Youre sweet! I’ve actually been in touch with her and she has a nice option.. buuuuut

A fun update…I actually fell in love with a stone and put it ON HOLD! :mrgreen:I’m still going to Lang this Friday to see no. 6 and anything else that strikes my fancy, as I can’t pass up the chance to make sure I am making the right decision by seeing things IRL!

It’s a much larger stone than I was expecting to fall for, and I’m loving the tint, a bright and beautiful color - like summer!

She’s a whopper at 9.16 x 8.85 and I will definitely need to make sure I’m comfortable with the size!

I’m trying to lead this search with my heart, not my mind - and my heart fluttered the moment I saw it!

This one is VERY pretty! Will you get to see this one in person at all?! I really like #6 too but this one may keep DSS at bay longer lol

Very curious to see which you prefer after your trip to SF and see #6 in person!

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This one is VERY pretty! Will you get to see this one in person at all?! I really like #6 too but this one may keep DSS at bay longer lol

Very curious to see which you prefer after your trip to SF and see #6 in person!

I’m hoping I can figure out a way to see it IRL…definitely would want to before setting!

And no kidding about DSS - I can’t even fathom going bigger :lol: but never say never

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
A fun size comparison…thanks @lulu_ma for suggesting!

The Favorite vs. Lang no. 6
8BF0B7FD-626E-4934-A072-E0D9712F22F2.jpeg

The Favorite vs. current LOL :lol:

27E7F9E2-D2DD-44BB-9284-8B8AB623724B.jpeg

Oh hells yes to the one on the left! Haha. I love that sizing tool. For more fun, print it, cut out the stone part and tape it on top of your current diamond :) I did this as I was waiting for my stone to arrive. :)

Edit - like this - I used the same sizing tool and printed it because it will print to scale.

576C5F65-8FE1-4D8A-BE9C-9C740A923799.jpeg

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the plot thickens! Looks like a beautiful diamond! Hope you can see this one in person too!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also know there’s some color concentration under the table for “the Favorite”; but it actually endears me to the stone. I can’t really explain it, as it’s an imperfection, so to speak, but it makes my artist heart quite happy

Will also post pics from Lang for sure!

That new Favourite looks beautiful…what another wonderful and exciting dilemma. I hope you know immediately once you see one or both of them in person. I find it so difficult to choose when two items are in different locations and so my eyes cant go from one to the other!
Also, I personally wouldn't say the colour of ‘Favourite’ is an ‘imperfection’ as such…colour is a spectrum and you love the colours you love…:lol:although I do love ‘White‘ stones too!
I have a RBC E and a Cushion cut L/M coloured stone and both are beautiful… but just differently talented! :lol-2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Oh hells yes to the one on the left! Haha. I love that sizing tool. For more fun, print it, cut out the stone part and tape it on top of your current diamond :) I did this as I was waiting for my stone to arrive. :)

Edit - like this - I used the same sizing tool and printed it because it will print to scale.

576C5F65-8FE1-4D8A-BE9C-9C740A923799.jpeg

That is super clever - when I get home I’m going to get my craft supplies!!! Also OMG that rock on your finger is going to be incredible! :eek-2:

Did I miss a thread?

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Your

This stone is gorgeous!!! OMG!
I am so excited for you and excited to see what you ultimately choose. Always something better around the corner! This is quite the journey!:)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That is super clever - when I get home I’m going to get my craft supplies!!! Also OMG that rock on your finger is going to be incredible! :eek-2:

Did I miss a thread?

I’ve had it for awhile now:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’ve had it for awhile now:

Omg of course - this beauty! For a second I thought oh my gosh she found a bigger, better one? By what sorcery? :lol:

The paper looks ginormous! The diamond you have is truly a holy grail…

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sent you a message through LT with another possibility.

CCShepherd51

Rough_Rock
Hi there! Congratulations on your new project!!

My personal opinion, is that:
1. Buy the diamond loose. If you are worried about clarity, you will not be fooled by the setting.
2. I would go for the best clarity that you can afford. Especially since you are sensitive about it from the outset. I used to be okay in the VS zone, but seeing VVS vintage diamonds has made me highly prize clarity. (My sweet spot is K, VVS2.).
3. You will have a tough time evaluating lower color diamonds based on photos. I probably wouldn’t even look at N-Z diamonds. Unless you want a noticeably off color diamond. (Also it will be harder to sell when you eventually go for your next trade up…!)

Just my 3 cents, but only after many years of buying and selling vintage.

I saw some lovely diamonds. Pictures to follow. ❤️❤️

CCShepherd51

Rough_Rock
Some lovelies in your price range over 2 carats…

CCShepherd51

Rough_Rock
Sorry…I am totally challenged with adding pictures today. Message me if you would like a link. ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results