shape
carat
color
clarity

OMC help with clarity concerns

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I mean - I think most of it is just the natural consequence of being preowned and genuinely preloved. The report is Feb 2022, so it reflects the stone's current condition, which is fantastic, and it's kind of nice that all the clarity markers are nearer the girdle - the under table is totally clean! Of course the plot doesn't list absolutely everything, especially on lower clarity stones, but you can be confident that there's nothing else of any consequence. This stone must have been quitehigh clarity originally, that feather might have been the only inclusion ❤️

The inclusion plot - so pretend that what you see in the report is printed out on a piece of paper, and fold that paper down the middle between the two diagrams to superimpose the plots. Here's what that looks like -
1657065810217.png

And if you rotate the plot you can see all those inclusions in the original photo you posted too -
1657066317136.png
So I guess what I'm saying is... There are no clarity skeletons that you can't see lurking in this closet - what you see in photos/vidoes is exactly what you get. Which is nice. Not always the case.

I don't think this is a total #NecessitatesBezel situation, but I do see that finding the right number of prongs/tabs to protect those delicate areas will be more of a challenge. But there are definitely non-bezel options! A "too many to count" prong approach - or wide tab prongs, which I know you're partial to - both could mitigate this problem ::)
1657066892863.png

I hear you on swampy. Nothing worse than a swampy low-coloured stone. Fortunately there are no clouds or graining, that always makes any swampiness infinitely worse! I have a baby OMC that's kind of SwampAfterAGoodRain - it's not too bad, but it's also not *good*. But it has the lovely (to me) light return. I put it in a hair clip to enjoy it without having to look at it :lol: But I would definitely plan to send it to a vendor who's experienced with stones that have some wear and tear - someone who could suggest how to set it protectively without creating more damage ❤️

YG, or a creamy unplated white if you're not allergic to nickel...

And all of that said - I personally like #2 best :love: :lol:

Thank you so much for mocking up these prong ideas. Super helpful!!!

She is very clean where it counts. She’s still a possible contender but, I’m quite drawn by no. 2….

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#2 is looking even better in these new pics :bigsmile:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Wooooooweeeee she's a stunnah!

Option 2 video 1
Option 2 video 2

Option 2, 5 & 6 together video

For funsies

Option 4 video <---- visibly included, inclusion right under the table and messiness
Option 5 video <--- shallow, visible inclusions, messiness
Option 6 video <--- quite pretty, but a bit shallow...? would be curious to see IRL, 2nd fave of the Lang options

2 is a beauty Just in case there was a question :lol:
There is something I really like about 6, though. I think you need to see it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #6 as well, I don't see any of the hallmarks of overly shallow in that video - it looks nice and bright! I do love #2 though. The shape and the patterning is just so much :love: in one place :bigsmile:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree @yssie and @ItsMainelyYou - 2 is gorgeous, but 6 has its charm. They are very different flavors! I’m going to try to see if I can take a trip out there…

The setting for #6 is also a beauty. It’s hand forged and I’m pretty positive it was made by Gary Roe. Not sure if I like the yellow gold head though…wonder if that could be changed

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree @yssie and @ItsMainelyYou - 2 is gorgeous, but 6 has its charm. They are very different flavors! I’m going to try to see if I can take a trip out there…

The setting for #6 is also a beauty. It’s hand forged and I’m pretty positive it was made by Gary Roe. Not sure if I like the yellow gold head though…wonder if that could be changed

I do love that setting.
It certainly looks like his work and he is a ridiculously talented smith :love:
I hope you can, because my eye keeps drifting toward it, which means the old brain must love something about the patterning.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I do love that setting.
It certainly looks like his work and he is a ridiculously talented smith :love:
I hope you can, because my eye keeps drifting toward it, which means the old brain must love something about the patterning.

It's funny you say that, my eye is doing it too...:bigsmile:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I love these kinds of threads to follow the journey and see all the great input! Not a pro at all, just what my eyes are seeing....Both 2 and 6 are gorgeous, but there is something about number 6 that seems to have a bit more twinkling action in the videos. I know that the link below is an OEC but I bookmarked it from when someone else on PS posted it because I really, really love the on off twinkle here, and number 6 seems to be behaving like this in an OMC version. Both are beautiful though, you've got great eyes/taste!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love these kinds of threads to follow the journey and see all the great input! Not a pro at all, just what my eyes are seeing....Both 2 and 6 are gorgeous, but there is something about number 6 that seems to have a bit more twinkling action in the videos. I know that the link below is an OEC but I bookmarked it from when someone else on PS posted it because I really, really love the on off twinkle here, and number 6 seems to be behaving like this in an OMC version. Both are beautiful though, you've got great eyes/taste!

You’re so sweet! And oh man, I fell head over heels for that OEC you liked to! I think it’s the prettiest OEC I’ve ever seen, truly. I was so sad when it was sold! I have revisited it many times since.

But now that you mention it, I see what you mean. And when my mind wanders to the Lang options, it lands on 6…hmm. Lots to consider. I’m hoping to pull off a trip to San Francisco next week to see them IRL…

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This vendor is trade facing, but it's a good back pocket that you can take a local jeweler for viewing access if you end up needing it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This vendor is trade facing, but it's a good back pocket that you can take a local jeweler for viewing access if you end up needing it!

Actually...*cough cough*

He owns one of my contenders. :bigsmile: I'd go through Grace

I'm waiting on vids comparing the two...:cool2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Also I mixed up my own number system LOL - I had 2 diamonds as no. 6 :lol:

The Lang 2.02 K is what I'm sticking to as no. 6

This was the S-T color 2.4 carat SI2 - now let's just say no. 7? it's still a contender, but i have a feeling i'm going to stick to a color further up the alphabet

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorites are 6 & 7! The on-off twinkling of 6 is so gorgeous an eye-catching. And the setting is really pretty too. And I lovelovelove the kozibe and colorplay of #7.

I came across this 2.6ct N/VVS1 for 28k which I hesitate to post bc it's an N and a bit over budget (but maybe doable? Or negotiable?). I know you like/are looking for higher colors. The clarity is amazing (so clean, even the edges!) and the faceting looks very crisp and lovely. Although, as I am looking at it again, maybe there are too many dark center facets at one time...

1657202091404.png

1657202311512.png

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
For hungry eyes, another video of Option 6

she's also crystal clear...a VS1 OMC! yummy. almost shimmers like water...

Striking beauty! If you really do like this one, is there some way you can put a hold on this, so that it is not snatched up?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My favorites are 6 & 7! The on-off twinkling of 6 is so gorgeous an eye-catching. And the setting is really pretty too. And I lovelovelove the kozibe and colorplay of #7.

I came across this 2.6ct N/VVS1 for 28k which I hesitate to post bc it's an N and a bit over budget (but maybe doable? Or negotiable?). I know you like/are looking for higher colors. The clarity is amazing (so clean, even the edges!) and the faceting looks very crisp and lovely. Although, as I am looking at it again, maybe there are too many dark center facets at one time...

1657202091404.png

1657202311512.png

Number 7 is S-T, so for the right “tint” I’m open. From what I can tell, no. 7 has a lemony tint, just need to make sure it doesn’t go green…I’m going to see if Grace would be open to brokering this for me as it’s with a wholesaler!

This is a great find. Looks like a beautiful stone, so thanks for sharing. I find Eragem generally so overpriced…they’d have to come down a LOT for me to consider it. Like 10k! It’s a shame really they price so high.

Adam at OWD had a killer 2.96 K SI1 that’s the same price…:(( Sadly quite a bit over budget for me

25k is my “stretch” budget. The closer to 20k the better!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Ok yeah both of his stones a no-go for me

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For hungry eyes, another video of Option 6

she's also crystal clear...a VS1 OMC! yummy. almost shimmers like water...

This is my favorite! #2 is too square for me (unfortunately, its not for me :geek2:) Looks like you're coming up with some good options!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Number 7 is S-T, so for the right “tint” I’m open. From what I can tell, no. 7 has a lemony tint, just need to make sure it doesn’t go green…I’m going to see if Grace would be open to brokering this for me as it’s with a wholesaler!

This is a great find. Looks like a beautiful stone, so thanks for sharing. I find Eragem generally so overpriced…they’d have to come down a LOT for me to consider it. Like 10k! It’s a shame really they price so high.

Adam at OWD had a killer 2.96 K SI1 that’s the same price…:(( Sadly quite a bit over budget for me

25k is my “stretch” budget. The closer to 20k the better!

Roger that!! I am not familiar with the pricing and thought that may be the case (Eragem way overpriced). I hate that!

I can't wait to see where this journey takes you. If you choose one of the already-beautiful options, or find more for us to ogle as you search for the one that steals your heart!

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
I’m going to give them a call today! Good idea…

Excellent! As an aside, I know you mentioned possibly switching out the head/prongs, but clearly everything was customized to the exact dimensions of the stone. The way that the prong work cradles the stone's pavilion with no air line all the way down is one of my favorite features when I see this in a ring. When I see this, I chuckle to myself saying the prongs are "filled to the brim" with diamond. :lol: It is also reminiscent of the way Tiffany does their prong work, with the graceful swoops and the claws are also a plus IMO as they tend to be dainty IRL. Clearly, this true antique stone is very well/beautifully protected. It is wonderful to see such high quality workmanship from a different artist that is doing hand forged work. It could be that once you see it in person, the gold simply fades to the back in deference to all the bling!:)

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite! #2 is too square for me (unfortunately, its not for me :geek2:) Looks like you're coming up with some good options!

Aww thank you! I figure at the very least it’s always to see videos of nice stones! I ogle as many as I can haha!

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Excellent! As an aside, I know you mentioned possibly switching out the head/prongs, but clearly everything was customized to the exact dimensions of the stone. The way that the prong work cradles the stone's pavilion with no air line all the way down is one of my favorite features when I see this in a ring. When I see this, I chuckle to myself saying the prongs are "filled to the brim" with diamond. :lol: It is also reminiscent of the way Tiffany does their prong work, with the graceful swoops and the claws are also a plus IMO as they tend to be dainty IRL. Clearly, this true antique stone is very well/beautifully protected. It is wonderful to see such high quality workmanship from a different artist that is doing hand forged work. It could be that once you see it in person, the gold simply fades to the back in deference to all the bling!:)

I think you’re right. The workmanship on this ring is unbelievable. I can tell it was made with care. If it’s the designer I think it is, I’ve been eyeing his work for quite some time and he’s remarkably talented.

He may have seen something about the yellow prongs too that really compliment the stone. It’s warming me to the idea of a 2 tone setting for a lower colored stone if I end up with something else.

Will have to see it myself. I’m flying to SF next week and am hoping to book an appointment Friday…:bigsmile:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ok yeah both of his stones a no-go for me

Oooh, they're disappointing to me in motion- textbook highlight of the limitation of static 2D images.
Agree, faceting is way too asymmetrical and not pleasing in comparison.
If it were me, I really think that Roe's(?) ring is just about everything I've ever wanted. I would also leave as is, as the 'color' detail is subtle and the incorporation looks deliberate. It works.
I'm excited to hear that you get to lay hands on it and see what you strikes you in person. It'll be so much fun!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
it's so pretty...buuut i think it's too far into "antique cushion" territory - if that makes sense?

also is it just me or does it look suspiciously modern?

thank you for sharing... <3

Yeah, I get it. Pretty though. And no problem. If I run across anymore I’ll let ya know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results