carat
color
clarity

Old Cut Lovers...... please sign in!

CBL

Shiny_Rock
Trade
coatimundi said:
Dreamer-here's the 3 stone with a brushed 24k band.

"Transitional" cuts-these stones are posted earlier in this thread. Some fire pics on page 7. I prefer three stone rings with the stones all close in size, with just a slight graduation.

bezel3stoneband.jpg

WOW.

Coati, will you share more about this piece? Where did this setting come from? It is unbelievably gorgeous.

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
coatimundi said:
Dreamer-here's the 3 stone with a brushed 24k band.

"Transitional" cuts-these stones are posted earlier in this thread. Some fire pics on page 7. I prefer three stone rings with the stones all close in size, with just a slight graduation.

bezel3stoneband.jpg

Seriously Coati the jeweler who is making your rings is SO talented this is absolutely gorgeous too. I have just died and gone to heaven looking at your 2 rings again...

Nina

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happened to notice Coati's different avatar in a different thread and somehow managed to find the thread. I seriously think I peed myself. I love to see jewelry that speaks to me and makes me want to cry over the beauty.

usnwife

Rough_Rock
Ummm as usual, I am late to the party. I just fell in love with the OEC. I just purchased my first one. I love the chunky facets.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
packrat said:
I happened to notice Coati's different avatar in a different thread and somehow managed to find the thread. I seriously think I peed myself. I love to see jewelry that speaks to me and makes me want to cry over the beauty.

Thanks so much for the kind words packrat!

Thanks ladies! I love an old cut in a cushion shaped bezel. :bigsmile:

poppyseed

Rough_Rock
Trade
Love my new OEC. First loved my mom's OEC engagement ring. Have been on a quest to find one for about a year when I came across this one on ebay. I purchased this in a platinum Art Deco setting with a fishtail head. Although it was lovely, it was a size 4.5, too small for me and it was questionable if it could be resized.

I finally decided on this setting and wow, the stone came alive, the fishtail head was sort of boxy and apparently did not let enough light in. The stone looked dark in the center sometimes. Now it just glows and sparkles. It is so hard to capture its beauty in photos. It has a flowery kaliedescope pattern that is so beautiful.

1.8ct J/K SI-1 OEC in new 1cttw setting

IMG_8177.jpg
new%20ering.jpg

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
coatimundi said:
packrat said:

Thanks so much for the kind words packrat!

Thanks ladies! I love an old cut in a cushion shaped bezel. :bigsmile:

Once again Coati I am in awe of you beautiful rings. Any chance you could post some profile shots?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I can finally post on this thread! I bought my first OEC approx .34 ct 4.55 round. H-I color SI (eye clean). I'm thinking about adding it into a three stone ring made my JKT. I can say that i'm offically addicted to the old cut stones now though. I"m hoping for my 5 or 6 year anniversary hubby will get me a 2.0 ct OMC as a second engagment ring. I will halo that sucker HW style! :Up_to_something:

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
Oh I just love the look of these OMCs. I have been drooling over every picture in this thread for the last hour. I think my next project will be an OMC but I have no idea how I want to set it. I will wear it as a RHR but I don't want it to look too engagement ring like. I'll probably stick with a smaller size to help minimize that look and go for the big one when the time comes. :naughty:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a new addition, it gets here next week.

.58 ct. I, SI listed as a transitional oval cut.

.58ctOval2.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:

.58ctOval2.jpg

wow, great find LTP - that's something you don't see all the time :appl:

I hope you love it when it arrives!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier said:

.58ctOval2.jpg

LAUREN! OMG. I have the twin for this stone! It's a .62 oval. :Up_to_something:

I hope you can bring it this weekend!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ, thanks! I don't have it in my hands yet, but I have high hopes for it. :twirl:

Allison, I will absolutely bring it with me if it arrives before tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait for this weekend! :naughty:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Poppy!!!!! What a gorgeous set! I'm in love! :love: :love:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
My 1.53ct OEC has been re-set in its new custom home, thread here.

oec.JPG

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
this really has become my favourite thread here on PS!!

aaaahh... I can gaze all day at the pics of these stunning stones that you all have...

except when I am gazing at my own OMC...

hmmm... soon when my new 0.54ct Tranny rocks up - well I just won't know where to look!!

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621 said:
I can finally post on this thread! I bought my first OEC approx .34 ct 4.55 round. H-I color SI (eye clean). I'm thinking about adding it into a three stone ring made my JKT. I can say that i'm offically addicted to the old cut stones now though. I"m hoping for my 5 or 6 year anniversary hubby will get me a 2.0 ct OMC as a second engagment ring. I will halo that sucker HW style! :Up_to_something:

Picture!

.32OEC.jpg

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
I found a local antique jewelery store in town and decided to stop by after work to see what they had. They have all of their rings online but I wasn't impressed by the pictures. This is what I tried on.

oldminecluster.jpg

Dainty and very pretty. Center stone has some warmth.

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
oldminegold.jpg

I do not care for this setting at all but the stone was pretty. It didn't show the characteristics of the old cuts that I love. Plus the stone had a good sized chip in it.

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
oldeuopeancluster.jpg

This ring was my favorite. It fit on my finger perfectly. The owner of the store said the stones came from 3 generations of wedding rings. The center stone is gorgeous and was full of character. It is a mix of old european cuts and old mine cuts. Unfortunately the price wasn't in my budget but it was still fun to look at.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous pieces!

Im happy to share a personal piece I just finished! I say finish because I've had this setting since last year and I have been on the hunt for a matched pair of stones to set into them (not as easy on one would think!). I finally came across a pair I loved and voila - my new fave pair of earrings! The stones are 1.18 and 1.19 transitionals, and the setting is platinum and rose gold.

Sorry the pics are not great - its dark and grey outside and Im making do using my home office lighting.

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Heartingdiamonds, Those are gorgeous!!!! Are the settings vintage? They are just beautiful!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Deco!

Yes, the earring mounts are antique, most likely English Victorian in origin :)) .

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HD - those are absolutely spectacular!! Even the detail on the baskets is beautiful, and beautifully preserved :love:

Can we get an earshot?

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
*drools*

More pictures, please!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Eeeeek! Ear shots? :errrr: :errrr:

I actually hate my ears. They are kinda big (my grandma says this means I'll live a long time :rolleyes: ) and my lobes are well... a little on the rubenesque side :(( ...

I'll try and shoot a few... Be right back!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here ya go....

Sorry that I couldn't get any decent macros of the stones - photographing one's own ears is not an easy job!

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY!!

HD - those are just beautiful! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results