shape
carat
color
clarity

Off Topic - PETS! Show your pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
My Mocha Isabella

izzycrop.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:32:24 PM
Author: Stephanie
The ''Chilla is awesome. He''s like fourteen years old and still loves to run around. They are very, very independent as long as they have some wood to chew on. Unfortunately, he''s coming to the end of his life cycle (they live to about 15) but he still hops around so much he may live for many more. He still bounces off walls and stuff when he runs around - it''s hilarious. When he was younger, you couldn''t catch him he was so fast. Now, he''s gotten used to people holding him and he loves to be petted. I''ve never heard of one attacking or biting, even young kids. They are fantastic pets. Rocco is nothing but fluff. It''s not hard to have them in small settings. He lived in FI''s apt. in college.
I read the whole thing to BF, and he responds:

Him: "Dangit."
Me: "What?"
Him: "They won''t attack kids."
Me: "Ok..."
Him: "So, I don''t want one anymore."
Me: "Really?!"
Him: "No. I''m just kidding."

I so want one!!!!How much did he cost? Do you just let him run free? Does he have his own enclosure/cage? What does he eat? I used to have a bunny that I''d let run around the house but he''d make a beeline for the electrical cords and try and chew through them. Naughty bunny. This is why she ended up with my old Chef (who has a farm-no cooking of bunnies to be had!).

And Squee- I wish they were cuddly-when they''re awake and not sleepy at all they are CRAZY hyper and totally curious about EVERYTHING. They really don''t sit still even. But soooo flipping adorable when they''re sleepy. He was eating something-I have lots of pics I took that day-starting out when he had just started eating and then by the end he had crumbs all over. It was so cute!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
[/quote]

Him: ''Dangit.''

Me: ''What?''

Him: ''They won''t attack kids.''

Me: ''Ok...''

Him: ''So, I don''t want one anymore.''

Me: ''Really?!''

Him: ''No. I''m just kidding.''

[/quote]

HAHAH Freke!! Sounds JUST like my BF!! He would say the exact same thing... :)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
our cat when he was a kitten

mini1laila.JPG

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 6:38:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 7/1/2008 4:32:24 PM
The ''Chilla is awesome. He''s like fourteen years old and still loves to run around. They are very, very independent as long as they have some wood to chew on. Unfortunately, he''s coming to the end of his life cycle (they live to about 15) but he still hops around so much he may live for many more. He still bounces off walls and stuff when he runs around - it''s hilarious. When he was younger, you couldn''t catch him he was so fast. Now, he''s gotten used to people holding him and he loves to be petted. I''ve never heard of one attacking or biting, even young kids. They are fantastic pets. Rocco is nothing but fluff. It''s not hard to have them in small settings. He lived in FI''s apt. in college.

Him: ''Dangit.''
Me: ''What?''
Him: ''They won''t attack kids.''
Me: ''Ok...''
Him: ''So, I don''t want one anymore.''
Me: ''Really?!''
Him: ''No. I''m just kidding.''

I so want one!!!!How much did he cost? Do you just let him run free? Does he have his own enclosure/cage? What does he eat? I used to have a bunny that I''d let run around the house but he''d make a beeline for the electrical cords and try and chew through them. Naughty bunny. This is why she ended up with my old Chef (who has a farm-no cooking of bunnies to be had!).

And Squee- I wish they were cuddly-when they''re awake and not sleepy at all they are CRAZY hyper and totally curious about EVERYTHING. They really don''t sit still even. But soooo flipping adorable when they''re sleepy. He was eating something-I have lots of pics I took that day-starting out when he had just started eating and then by the end he had crumbs all over. It was so cute!
LOL!! That''s hilarious!! I tend not to think too hard while I am typing. What I mean was that small children can get along with a ''chilla. He will attack the cats. He bit Dermot''s paw once because Derm was swipping at him. We have him in a cage and let him run around once every other day because he gets tired really, really quickly now. And yes, we have to clean up afterwards because he poops everywhere. But he knows that he can only pee in his cage. When he was a baby, he would stay out for hours because no one could catch up with him. He finds his way back to his cage. We do have the wire issue. But when we clap our hands, he knows to move. It''s never been a huge problem. He did, however, chew the window sill where his cage used to sit, but he chews wood to keep his teeth healthy. We give him timothy hay, ''chilla pellets, and he gets one raisin a day. The dust baths are so funny. They get the cats'' attention real quick. Dermot comes running. Rocco is gray, but there are white ''chillas that are a bit pricer, I think. We were looking to get Rocco another ''chilla to play with, but he is so old that a young one may be too much for him. When we looked (around a month ago) it was about $200+. However, there are some chinchilla rescues around where I think you can adopt them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, the Chinny and Hedgehog are tooooooooooooooooooo adorable.

Linda

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I wanna play!

This is our miniature poodle Oliver. He is such a little ham and the quirkiest dog I''ve ever seen! I adore him!

DSCN0260.JPG

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Here he is again.

DSCN0026.JPG

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Woah, sorry those are huge.

Opening his Christmas present...

Yes, he did it all on his own!

DSCN0027.JPG

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
He says: "Neener neener neeeeeener!"

Copy of DSCN2204.JPG

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
And here is Oliver and my kitty Emma (or Bean as I like to call her). She lives with my mom but she and Oliver are good friends and love to play and cuddle.

Bean and Oliver.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 11:14:32 PM
LOL!! That''s hilarious!! I tend not to think too hard while I am typing. What I mean was that small children can get along with a ''chilla. He will attack the cats. He bit Dermot''s paw once because Derm was swipping at him. We have him in a cage and let him run around once every other day because he gets tired really, really quickly now. And yes, we have to clean up afterwards because he poops everywhere. But he knows that he can only pee in his cage. When he was a baby, he would stay out for hours because no one could catch up with him. He finds his way back to his cage. We do have the wire issue. But when we clap our hands, he knows to move. It''s never been a huge problem. He did, however, chew the window sill where his cage used to sit, but he chews wood to keep his teeth healthy. We give him timothy hay, ''chilla pellets, and he gets one raisin a day. The dust baths are so funny. They get the cats'' attention real quick. Dermot comes running. Rocco is gray, but there are white ''chillas that are a bit pricer, I think. We were looking to get Rocco another ''chilla to play with, but he is so old that a young one may be too much for him. When we looked (around a month ago) it was about $200+. However, there are some chinchilla rescues around where I think you can adopt them.
Lol!! We both knew what you meant, it was just funny that it was that he picked up on. How did you guys train him to pee only in his cage? Seems like that''d be hard to do. I give my little hammies mini dust baths, because they get a little bit on the greasy side (I guess it''s the nature of the breed). When BF says I can get one, I''ll have to start looking into where to get one. There was one at the pet store the other day when I was getting bedding for the hamsters. I wanted to get him, but BF wouldn''t do it.
40.gif
Soon enough.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to say I love this thread and everyones animals..so are sooo cute!!! :)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is our Lhasa Apso, Mazie. She lost her eye in February. This picture was taken shortly after her surgery. She is all fluffy and furry now.

our Mazie.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
aww Linda.. I am so sorry.. My Pretty Princess Peekacho.. is blind in one eye.. when she was a kitten she had a kitty cold and we were trying to take care of her, went out of a town and told the sitter to take her to vet if it got bad, they didnt, and well it was either let her be blind, sew her eye shut, or cut it out.. I said lets just leave it..so its just a little junk over her eyeball all the time... FF thinks its funny to mess with her...when you try to pet her on her bad side, she freaks out since she doesnt see your hand coming. but poor puppy :(

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB, that is the way Mazie is too. She freaks out if we try to pet her on her blind side. My daughter''s dog attacked her and ripped her eye out. It was awful. DH and I raced her to UC Davis, where they performed surgery on her. We are so thankful she is alive.

I am glad your little kitty is ok too.

Linda

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 12:06:43 AM

Lol!! We both knew what you meant, it was just funny that it was that he picked up on. How did you guys train him to pee only in his cage? Seems like that''d be hard to do. I give my little hammies mini dust baths, because they get a little bit on the greasy side (I guess it''s the nature of the breed). When BF says I can get one, I''ll have to start looking into where to get one. There was one at the pet store the other day when I was getting bedding for the hamsters. I wanted to get him, but BF wouldn''t do it.
40.gif
Soon enough.
I think it''s just like a cat - they just know to do it in the cage. We will probably get a pair next time. That will be a hoot. Rocco gets really "greasy" during the summer time because of the sweltering heat and humidity (thank you Alabama..) This picture is right after a dust bath.. he''s in his cage on his chinchiller (it''s a marble slab basically to keep him cool.)

Newroccodustbath.jpg

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s the ''Hog when he was at his larger self.. about eight inches long and I have no clue how much he weighed.

Linda, Pearl, and Ilove - those are some adorable critters you have!

fatharleyoutside.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He's so cute on his chinchiller!!!!How high up can he jump?

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Well, he can get up to his cage pretty easily - that's about two feet of the ground. When he gets to running around (we only let him run around in the loft to keep the poop in one place), he can bounce about that high off the wall. But again, he's an old man. Younger ones can go much higher and longer. FI was laying out on the floor and Rocco cleared him (FI is 6'1"..)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so funny to me that they''re that agile because they don''t really look like it-all round and stuff-instead of being long and lean like a cat. So you think it''s better to get a pair?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Steph, they are toooooooooooooooo cute. Love the big ears on Rocco. He has the sweetest face.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 1:10:12 PM
It's so funny to me that they're that agile because they don't really look like it-all round and stuff-instead of being long and lean like a cat. So you think it's better to get a pair?
Well, if they are the only animals in the house, I do think it's better. Just so each has a playmate. But not two boys - they will fight. A boy and a girl or two girls would be just fine. Rocco is a runt, too. He was the smallest in the litter. One that we saw a few weeks ago had some serious fluff and a bit more roundness to him. Only Gramarye is allowed to be in the loft while he is out because she is declawed and will not pounce on him. Dermot, however, is still a bit kitten and thinks that Roc is a toy to catch. Since we've always had other animals, we never got a second one. Here's FI's cat (that lives with FMIL and FFIL) - all 30 pounds of him..

Thanks, Linda. He is indeed very sweet. In fact, he knows how to get you to give him more raisins! He'll come up and rub your face with his wiskers..

fattyfatbirk.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 3:49:49 PM
Well, if they are the only animals in the house, I do think it''s better. Just so each has a playmate. But not two boys - they will fight. A boy and a girl or two girls would be just fine. Rocco is a runt, too. He was the smallest in the litter. One that we saw a few weeks ago had some serious fluff and a bit more roundness to him. Only Gramarye is allowed to be in the loft while he is out because she is declawed and will not pounce on him. Dermot, however, is still a bit kitten and thinks that Roc is a toy to catch. Since we''ve always had other animals, we never got a second one. Here''s FI''s cat (that lives with FMIL and FFIL) - all 30 pounds of him..

Thanks, Linda. He is indeed very sweet. In fact, he knows how to get you to give him more raisins! He''ll come up and rub your face with his wiskers..
Oh my god I love every pound of that orange chubby beast!!

I want to squish him!!
26.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
cleo your dog has the same first name as me
you''re gonna have to change it lol

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Wow smurfy, you have a beautiful name!

Everyone has such cute babies! I''ll post mine later
2.gif

Great thread! Here are my babies. Bailey (the white one) and Buddy. Bailey is a scotish terrier/pekingese mix and Buddy is a pekingese I got from a rescue.

Bailey and Buddy Balboa.jpg

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thought we should bring this thread back with all the cute animals :)

sillykittiesincondo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results