shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Jemi

Rough_Rock
Hi dear NIRDIs
Back from the void and yet again catching up.

Sharon, I am sorry you have a case of pre-surgery nerves. Although It is normal it’s not pleasant…can’t wait for you to get to the other side of the procedure and hear you have returned to your happy place.

Marcy, I got stars in my eyes looking at your earrings. I don’t know whether to call you an inspiration or an enabler, but those earrings got the gem fever turned up.

Augustina, your pool is going to be beautiful.
NIRDI Texas Get-together! LOL
So happy you are settling in in the States. It took a lot to get this point!

Omg Slick, truly a death in the family really does bring out the worst in many instances. And it’s hard when you’re the one doing all the work and everyone else wants the rewards.

Missy, I love all the pictures that you post. Thank you for doing that, it’s great to have a way to keep caught up on what’s going on with you.

I do truly wonder if we’re still being affected by the Covid year. Does anyone feel is though they’re still being affected? I can’t seem to completely climb out of depression which resulted from a year in isolation.

Now the couple who lives on my farm and takes care of it (they bought 10 acres from me five years ago to build a house) have just written to tell me they are selling their part and moving away.
Turns out Covid affected them too. They said it’s too isolated there and they want to be in a neighborhood.
I am happy for them, but now I have a “situation”.

The good news is that I found a house to rent at the beach and love both it and the area. The kids came down for a long weekend; we made such great memories they want to meet there often. It’s a very positive place! So this is good.

There is a lot of fossil and rock hunting potential (which I would be happy to do 24/7), and there’s an active social scene that the kids are attracted to.
83EB6A29-E102-4A53-BFB0-9E08CAD67CD1.jpeg

BDD5BE64-BB3C-4086-BE01-A7DF65E2F7F8.jpeg

good weekend to everyone xx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal continuing to send you good luck surgery vibes and lots of gentle hugs and well wishes. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and big hugs.

@springerspaniel lol Freddie has lots of energy. But he has the best parents so it's all good. I am glad you are almost done with your application what an intensive process. Hope it goes exactly how you want it to fingers crossed. And OMG I know right? How can it be Thanksgiving in a few days? Crazy fast. How are you spending Thanksgiving?

@MamaBee so where did you end up being this weekend? Md or Pa? Hope all is good and calm and peaceful. It can never be too peaceful right? LOL it can only happen to you and me...we are two peas in the proverbial pod when it comes to quirky crazy I Love Lucy stuff happening :lol: Sending you hugs.

@Jemi thank you for sharing your always gorgeous photos. How is Kine? We are all being affected by Covid still and anyone who doesn't think so is deluded no offense intended. It is still here and still killing people. And we have a ways to go but we shall get out of this eventually and in the meantime hang in there sweet C. Sending you good wishes and hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are having sweet dreams and don't worry about anything. One day at a time. It will sort itself out for better or worse. Hang in there. XOXO.

@marcy how are you feeling? Thinking of you. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 happy weekend and happy Caturday Saturday. Hope you are having fun. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Happy weekend. Thursday we had a great cycling day and we are only 250 miles away from our goal woohoo but with the cold windy weather that last 250 miles might prove challenging but anyway yay for reading 8,750 miles on the bike. Yesterday we ran errands after blood work in the city. It was a long day. Today is quite chilly and Greg still has his heart set on cycling despite temps in the 40s as a high today. LOL we cycled this past week with windchills in the 30s so I guess we can go cycling today but we will be bundled up for sure. We sent my parents an early anniversary gift (they got married Christmas) because I didn't want it to get lost or delayed in the holiday rush. It arrived yesterday and of course they love it. Omaha steaks haha. Always a good gift for them. Filet Mignon and all their favorites. If only all gift giving were that easy. :)

Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2021-11-20 at 6.18.43 AM.png

May your weekend be peaceful and happy.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happiest of days to the NIRDIS!
Guys. Waking up and lounging in bed on the weekends with this guy is so cathartic. Obviously, I need to bathe him weekly to allow this! We’re not savages. :lol:
Hope all have a fabulous weekend. ((Hugs))
F84A0014-6A9C-4261-8973-271C3E53D144.jpeg 1AC70D86-806C-41B1-BFBA-9E3F8A0ABC70.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys. Waking up and lounging in bed on the weekends with this guy is so cathartic. Obviously, I need to bathe him weekly to allow this! We’re not savages. :lol:
F84A0014-6A9C-4261-8973-271C3E53D144.jpeg 1AC70D86-806C-41B1-BFBA-9E3F8A0ABC70.jpeg

THAT BABY! Thank you --you made by day!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww what a sweet baby!!!:kiss2:
Please hug him from all of us!

When can I bring my towel ?

Haha you took the words right out of my mouth :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy everything she said x a billion. Your parents got a great gift!!!!!!

LOL NIRDI shout out!

Took app. 2.5 hrs to clean and put up Christmas stuff. And I don't do a lot of decorating. To be fair I dusted (WOT a job!) and vacuumed (my DH did 100 sq.ft, and I did the other 2200 :rolleyes: ). But it looks nice now.

@Jemi thank you. So nice to hear from you. I am happy your beach house is comforting. The area looks wonderful--you and your family will be happy together there me thinks!!!!

I did enough exercise today without actually doing any.....very windy and chilly out so I wasn't even remotely tempted to hit any trail....

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Sunday! I am finally using my new computer. LOL how much do I avoid change haha it took me almost a week to start using it :lol:

We had a great day yesterday. Despite the freezing (not literally) cold. It was too cold for ice cream outside so we skipped it and Greg was a good sport about it. Instead we cycled to our friends (27 miles away one way) and enjoyed a nice long visit and got to play with Archie. Luca went home for Thanksgiving but is returning after next week. Yay.

Archie was happy to see us as we were him!

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.58.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.58.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.58.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.57.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.57.45 AM.png

And when we were leaving he got all sad. I love him so much.

Screen Shot 2021-11-21 at 5.57.30 AM.png

When we got home I was shivering despite a long hot shower and we had the fireplace going and the heat up to 83. My goodness once I get cold it takes a long time to get warm lol. It wasn't that the temps were so cold (40s F) but the sun wasn't out for much time and when it was it was a weak sun. Not sure if we are riding today. Supposed to be no sun today but slightly warmer. Will take a look at the wind speed and decide.

@canuk-gal wow good for you. Our house needs a good dusting indeed. I won't tell the last time I dusted. Or rather Greg dusted lol. But it is overdue! Thanks for the lovely words. I actually made an impulse purchase for my parents yesterday and got them mugs with our photos on them. Long story but my mom called me the other day upset she broke the mugs I had given them 15 years prior with our photos on them. LOL so I ordered 4 more. Different because they didn't offer the same ones anymore but hopefully it came out OK. Resolution was not clear enough it said but I ordered them anyway.

@Jemi I love a beautiful beach house. Nothing beats the roar of the sea and the comforting waves and the smells, The sounds of the beach. Heaven on earth. Enjoy! I am sorry about your friends who live on your property back in the USA and hope things work out. I know they will but I know it might take some time and you don't need any extra stress. Big hugs.

@bling_dream19 happy weekend and hope you are having a blast! XOXO.

@Slick1 your precious pup brings a smile to everyone. Thank you for sharing. Hugs.

@MamaBee hope your weekend is peaceful and relaxing and no stress. XOXO.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend and everyone is well. Hugs.

@Bayek Happy Thanksgiving week! Hope you are planning a wonderful time with your loved ones. I know you are! XOXO.

@springerspaniel hope you are finished with the application and everything happens exactly how you want it to. Big hugs. And happy thanksgiving week ahead. XOXO.

@marcy hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Have a wonderful sunny Sunday and enjoy. Big hugs and lots of love.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Archie is so sweet…He reminds me of my past dog, Gordie.
When I get cold I’m like you..It takes me forever to warm up..Thanks Raynauds! I sleep with socks on..I keep the room pretty cold for sleeping..I actually thought about wearing knit gloves for when one arm is out sticking out from under the pillow. :lol: I sleep with another pillow so I can put my hand under it to keep it warm.
I decided to stay here in Pa. S went to Maryland on Thursday because we had the ducts scheduled to be cleaned. I had the plumber scheduled here in Pa to put in a new faucet and put new guts in the other bathroom toilet. My car was at the Volvo dealer getting repaired. Not only did the tire blow out..but the wheel the tire is on got bent. The alignment system was messed up too. I wasn’t going to fool around with driving over the bridge, etc..with a just repaired alignment system and wheel. S stayed in Maryland Saturday to decorate for Christmas..I told him he was crazy that we wouldn’t even be there but maybe one time before Christmas. He came home last night. It was a peaceful two days because he really is a grumpy person...hahaha..
You gave me a great idea for a birthday present for my mom. I ordered a photo mug for my mom with Bailey’s photo on it. She’s going to love it. She will be 96 next month! I also bought her six pairs of pajamas..and a green velvet top to wear on her birthday. There’s not much I can get her now. She won’t wear good jewelry there.
@Austina Your pool looks amazing! You will really enjoy it. Adam and Kim will be over all the time. Bertie will also love it. We had Gordie at the time..He was a Golden Retriever with lots of hair. He was afraid of the pool so he never went in. That was probably a blessing because I would have been cleaning out the filter every time he used it..
@canuk-gal I‘m sorry about your friend’s mother. That’s hard to hear especially when we realize our moms are getting older. I don't think you can ever be prepared.
That’s great that you got all your decorating and dusting done. I need to do dusting here..ugh..S did Christmas decorating in Maryland yesterday. We will start decorating here after dinner on Thanksgiving. My husband starts putting the tree together the morning of Thanksgiving while I’m cooking. David is in pure bliss at this point. He talks about Christmas all year long.
I’m happy your echo was good!
@Slick1 Ouch is right! I hope it feels better now..Little bear is such a cutie.
How are things going with the outlaws? :angryfire:
@marcy Have you been wearing your beautiful earrings?
What is everyone doing this Thanksgiving? I will have my mom and Chris over. I had to get a frozen Turkey because I couldn’t find a fresh one that weighed twenty pounds. Most of us like white meat…so we need a big turkey. My Mom is the only one that likes the dark meat. I actually don’t like turkey. I eat it once a year with lots of gravy to cover it up!
Hi to everyone else!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

@missy I am surprised your parents had those mugs for 15 years!!! WOW! Testimony to their good quality. While I don't break mugs frequently, glasses come and go here on a weekly basis. LOL. Archie is a sweetheart for sure.

It is supposed to be nice and warm here tomorrow--so we hope to take one last ride for the season. I have a long list of things to do before I am "down". I can't believe how one can be so busy....with the little things. Again errands today and it was chilly. But people are out on the paths--walking and cycling. I did the bike and elliptical. Looking forward to my haircut tomorrow. The mop is getting a big shaggy.

I ordered some of those meals that come in a box...LOL..yanno they supply all the ingredients and recipe, you just have to prepare them. I have two boxes coming on Thursday. Time for my DH to FINALLY roll up his sleeves. LOL We'll see how that goes.

@MamaBee I don't think I've ever cooked a 20 pound turkey! You'll have lots of left over dark meat........ The amount of dust in my glass cabinet was, well, shameful. I do cursory dusts, but with a lot of my ornaments and Christmas dishes in there, it took everything out. Gosh it looks good, I just wish I could be motivated to do it more often. (not likely to happen)

@marcy I hope you are enjoying your earrings as much as we are enjoying the pictures!

Hope everyone is safe and well. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal You inspired me to get out all my Christmas dishes and run them through the dishwasher. One less thing to do on Christmas Eve and day…I‘ll also do my vintage pitchers that are in glass lighted shelves in the kitchen...ugh They are probably so dusty..It’s a thankless job…:boohoo:
@mrs-b How are you? Check in so we know you’re okay..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Thank you all for the compliments on my halo earrings. I am totally enjoying them.

@Austina sorry you feel so bad when you don’t eat much during the day. It can sure make a difference and I am glad you felt better after eating and sleeping. Poor Bertie, hope he is doing better. Your pool is going to look great! Looks like plenty of room for us all to sit around and get some sun sparkling on our bling. Ha Ha.

@canuk-gal I’ve been keeping you in my thoughts. I am so glad your ECHO was normal. Good luck with your surgery and it sounds like you are planning ahead and have good friends helping you out. Very nice. Nice to get cleaning done and put up Christmas decorations. I think we’ll work on decorating next weekend. Glad you got out for a nice ride today.

@slick1glad you moved the medal for safe keeping. I am totally not surprised one of the family tried to sneak it out. My sister was doing that on a weekly basis - she kept taking china, crystal and tools. I am sure they wanted the tools and she probably had her SIL put the crystal and china on Ebay. The sense of entitlement of some family members is sad to see. Tell your DH being the executor and POA is an eye opener; my parents attorney was a huge help to me. My dad had a notebook that the first page - top line said “Marcy is the judge and has final say”. I hope your toe is feeling way better.

@MamaBee glad David’s new furniture looks nice. Hoping the flies are all gone at your place in Maryland,. I would scrub everything too. We had mice get in our first home after we were married - really grossed me out plus I totally worried about running in to one during a nightly trip to the little PS room. Whenever we came home I’d say “Mickey you like ******, we’re home”. Marty found where they were getting in so fixed that problem and D-Con surprise took care of the rascals inside. No fun at all! Oh no about your tire and wheel; I totally bent a wheel on my Audi years ago - it wasn’t fun. Glad you are getting it all fixed; safety first in a car. Good idea of a mug with Bailey’s picture on it for your mom. She’ll love it. Your thanksgiving plans sound good. We are going over to a friend’s house that day - she is fixing traditional turkey dinner and since I can’t eat it I’m making a pan of lasagna. I baked dinner rolls to take yesterday and will make a fresh fruit salad and bake a cheesecake.

@missy I totally think I crave ice cream because of all your delicious pictures. Not to worry though I just eat less of it than I did before. Sorry to hear your doctors don’t coordinate what is going on with you and hope they get your bleeding stopped. Very frustrating to wait for solutions. I am so sorry to hear about your endocrinologist losing his mom; that is rough for sure. I hope you got all the tests run you wanted with your blood work. Nice you and Greg got to see the eclipse. Marty went out about 2:30 and said there was one cloud in the sky and it was right over the moon. Omaha Steak filets are delicious; I can see why they are always a hit with your parents. How many years of marriage will they be celebrating next month? Very cool! You and Greg will easily reach 9K miles. Enjoy your new computer!

@junebug17 I am so glad you enjoyed your time in SC. It’s nice to get to visit with your sister.

@springerspaniel good luck with your application!

@Calliecake I am leaning towards Dec 17 or 24 as my last day. That’s nice you retired in time to help out with your grandniece. I know you enjoy them so much!

@Jemi how cool to have found a place to rent at the beach; you will totally enjoy that. I hate to hear the people you sold some of your place to want to sell it and move. Ugh. Beautiful beach pictures.

Like Sharon said - it is amazing how those little errands take so much time - I got all of mine done today but intended to get through the Friday. Oh well, I am done. We spent money like drunken sailers Saturday getting Marty warm gear for his outings to take photos plus picked up stocking stuffers for Christmas. I added to the spending spree today by ordering the high capacity toner cartridges for our printer. I figure with inflation they are cheaper now than they are going to be and since I’m still working I’ll buy them now. I picked up 2 bears and 2 puppies at Kays this afternoon to put in the toys for tots box at the bank. I dropped off a huge bag of clothes at Goodwill, lifted, got all the laundry done and mailed Thanksgiving cards to the family. Marty is grilling some steaks for us now and the baked potatoes I’ve been cooking smell great!

Thank you all for asking how I am doing. I feel better than I have; I seem to be more tired than normal and sure noticed breathing was a bit less walking in the mall. I’ve dropped over 30 pounds though so that can only help.

I am totally enjoying my ruby earrings. I generally like sapphires but know I’ll wear my ruby more than before.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy The flies are gone in Maryland TG. They got in because a repairman left the light on in the basement. It’s an old house..1904-1905..The basement walls have spaces where they were able to get in drawn to the light. I haven’t been back there since August. My husband has been going back every two weeks putting window film on to catch them. The last two times he went they were gone. I plan on going after my Colonoscopy on the 29 for a week. I will scrub that house down with disinfectant. My husband is going on a business trip to Houston and then to California over a two day period. I told him that was risky behavior…He will return on that Thursday..I plan to take David to Maryland before he gets home..He’ll take a rapid test on the following Monday and a PCR on Wednesday. When that result comes in we’ll go home. Fingers crossed he’s Covid free.
We didn’t have mice here in Pa. My neighbor had mice so I called the pest control guy to check the house here. We didn’t have any TG.
Are you wearing the Ruby earrings now? I may start wearing them the day after Thanksgiving until New Years Day. They are so pretty. I should really start wearing them other than the holiday…
How many days until you retire?
Lasagna sounds so much better than turkey..

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee that is good your DH hasn’t seen any flies on his last few visits. Definitely thank goodness you didn’t have any mice. Sorry your husband has to travel, I was never a fan of Marty traveling but what are we going to do if it’s for work? Wishing him safe travels. Good luck with your colonoscopy later this month.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’ve had a busy couple of days!

Oh no to the tyre blow out @MamaBee, thank goodness you were ok, I’ve had that happened once in 45 years of driving. I was on the motorway on my way to the studio for a live show. I called the AA (automobile Association) and they couldn’t come, so sent a local garage. I arrived at the studio with less than 5 minutes before I was due on air! Glad you’re pleased with David’s new furniture, you’re right, they don’t make furniture they way they used to.

Wow @marcy, well done on dropping 30 pounds, that’s quite an achievement and it can only help with your overall health and breathing. I’m glad you’re enjoying your rubies, I imagine with your colouring that they really pop on you.

During the worst of the pandemic, I had some of those meal boxes delivered @canuk-gal and they were really very good. The instructions were very clear so I’m sure your DH can manage to rustle up a decent meal for you while you’re on the mend.

Oh my goodness @missy, Archie is such a handsome boy :kiss2: He has such a friendly face. Glad you’re still able to ride, although I’m sure it must be a relief to get home and in to the warm when your temperatures drop. What a great gift for your parents and good thinking getting it early to avoid the Christmas rush. I must get myself in gear and get our Christmas cards sent to the UK.

Aww @Slick1, everytime I see little Bear’s face I can’t help but smile, he’s such a cutie.

:lol: @lambskin, there’s an open invitation to all the NIRDIS to visit when the house is finally finished.

I’m so glad you’ve found a happy place @Jemi and that’s is somewhere the whole family can enjoy. We were just talking the other day, and we’ve realised since moving here, we’re not watching any news, and genuinely feel a lot less stressed about Covid now. I’m sure not being on our own is making a huge difference to how we feel too.

We went out to do the food shopping on Friday, it seems to take an age to get everything we need, then I cooked dinner for us all. Yesterday, we went to Costco, and to look for some things we could get Kim for her birthday. She chose a lovely velour lounging set, and some fleece lined socks with the sticky doodads on the soles to stop you from slipping. :lol:

Today we went out for her birthday lunch out near the house, and stopped by to see if anything else had happened since we were last there. There was a car parked outside next door, so we stopped to say hello, and would you believe, our neighbours are also British. Kim and I have been out shopping this afternoon to get gifts for another of her sisters.

Kim’s off to Oklahoma tomorrow so visit her sister who’s just had a baby, and Adam’s going later in the week.

Bertie is still recovering from his stomach bug, but seems a lot brighter today. We think he may have picked up something from day care.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Marvelous Monday!

@canuk-gal I know it is so busy right before you have a procedure to make sure all things are settled and taken care of so you can just recuperate and relax. I hope the meals in the box work out well and I am sure if need be your DH can take care of you for a while. I hope you get to enjoy cycling today. Here it is very chilly so not sure we are going cycling. We got a great cycling weekend in so no complaints but it does look like a chilly week with Thanksgiving the best of the days weather wise so we might cycle then since we are not traveling to see family. Because of Covid. I am keeping good thoughts for you for a very successful and easy surgery. Big hugs.

@marcy I am glad I am not responsible for you eating more ice cream despite your ice cream cravings lol. Though what is bad about eating more ice cream? Speaking of which it's been too chilly to eat ice cream outside right now. So we skipped the ice cream the last two days despite cycling. I am enjoying my new computer after a little bit of adjustment. It's Retina Display but doesn't seem different in that regard to my old computer. I am going to check it out side by side to see if I see a difference. You are retiring soon woohoo. I can imagine how excited you must feel. I retired four years ago but don't remember how I felt exactly. They threw me a big party which was nice and in some respect it feels like I retired decades ago but at other times it feels like yesterday. It was one of the best decisions I ever made seriously. Marrying Greg was the first best decision and retiring the second lol. No scratch that. Going into my career was the first best because that is how I met Greg. :lol:

@MamaBee glad the bugs are gone. What a relief. It will also be a relief for your colonoscopy to be over. I am trying to remember how big a turkey Greg would get when we hosted Thanksgiving and it was big because we always gave our leftovers to our family. My dad loves dark meat and no one else does. And of course I don't eat turkey so I wasn't factored in to the size we bought (but Greg always went big with Turkey anyway) and we always had so much food left over. I miss that because I love stuffing and pie. Who doesn't lol. I just realized it's been a while since we hosted. That Covid. Anyway I know you will have a wonderful loving Thanksgiving and glad you were able to find the size turkey you needed.

@Austina how lovely you enjoyed a sweet weekend and celebrated Kim's birthday. I got a fleece loungewear set from Costco that was on sale and so comfy. I bought three of them. Navy and white polka dots. Cream snowflakes and red and blue plaid. I wear them in the house to "lounge" and not as PJs lol. But I am quite sure others wear them as PJs. How nice Kim is visiting her sister who just had a baby and Adam will join them later this week. I guess you and Colin will be on your own for a while. Big but gentle hugs to Bertie and lots of healing vibes. I hope he is feeling all better very soon!

@Slick1 yay for a short work week. Hope your toe is feeling better and big hugs to you.

@bling_dream19 hope you had a lovely weekend and are looking forward to Thanksgiving with your loved ones. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else.
We cycled yesterday too and it was a wonderful weekend.
It was chilly but doable and yesterday was actually not too bad at all cold wise. The sun was not out most of the day but the temps were in the 50s F so an improvement over Saturday. We enjoyed long rides both days. It was sweet.

A little sun trying to peak through as we rode yesterday.

novembercycling2021.png

The colors of Autumn are at their glorious peak. I snapped a quick shot as we cycled Sunday.

seagirtinnovembercycling.png

Enjoy a marvelous Monday my sweet friends. Be safe and well and enjoy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! It’s a busy day today but I thought I would make you smile. I told my mom I was buying her new bedding for her room. I told her she could pick anything she wanted…Oh boy..This is what she wants. She’s going to be 96 years old in a few weeks. I couldn’t say no..hahahahahaha!
E5A7AEBD-0DC9-408A-924D-0C7BA24DFE91.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@missy you said it. Errands galore. I was first in the store today to get my 100% cotton flannel PJ's. I used them for lounging also, not sleeping. I need them post-op. And I went to L'Occitaine and put a pile of loot on hold that my DH will pick up later this week--as their are some Black Friday discounts I could not get today.

We cycled 7 kms today--well prepared for 13C temps. It was great! Big fat sun to keep us warm for most of the way. And of course layers and Gortex, hat and gloves. LOL Last day of the year for me. But Thursday is supposed to be even warmer, so DH may have his last cycle hurrah.

@MamaBee that bedding is so cute! Your Mom made a great choice!

@marcy count down to retirement! Best Christmas present ever!!

@Austina hope you continue to enjoy lovely warm temps. Super jeali here.

Going to prepare a steak supper now. It might be the most relaxing thing I've done all day!!

Stay safe and well folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quickie as I need to charge up!

:lol: I think at 96, your Mum can have whatever she likes @MamaBee, I’m sure her new bedding will be the talk of the care facility.

Glad you were able to get out and ride, and also to get your Black Friday deals lined up @canuk-gal, it was a ‘cool’ 69 degs here today, but sunny and felt warmer.

No one ever liked the dark meat in our house @missy, so the dogs always enjoyed Christmas, until I only started buying the crown. Glad you enjoyed your rides over the w/e @missy, you’ve really clocked up the miles again this year.

We went up to the house this afternoon, as we forgot the tape measure yesterday, as Colin was unsure if the areas either side of the pool were large enough. We measured everything and it was fine. Did I mention they put all the irrigation pipe work in for the septic, not very glamorous but necessary. We called in to see the sales consultant and got a very nice surprise. As the windows are holding up the sheet rock, they’ve decided to give us wood framing around the windows, which would normally be a $5000 upgrade - for free!!! This will enable them to get moving with the sheet rock whilst they’re waiting for the windows to arrive - win, win for us.

Poor Kim got to the airport, to be told her flight was delayed an hour - which turned in to 4. She‘s arrived safely at her sister’s house, and if I know Kim, will have been cuddling the baby non-stop since she got there :lol:

Bertie is definitely on the mend, though not 100% yet, but full of beans and very playful.

Ugh, down to just a few % of battery, so must go :wavey:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! It’s a busy day today but I thought I would make you smile. I told my mom I was buying her new bedding for her room. I told her she could pick anything she wanted…Oh boy..This is what she wants. She’s going to be 96 years old in a few weeks. I couldn’t say no..hahahahahaha!
E5A7AEBD-0DC9-408A-924D-0C7BA24DFE91.jpeg

Omg! LOL on the bedding. Where did you find that?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls just a quick hello. Happy Tuesday!

OMG love the bedding @MamaBee your mom is a girl after my own heart. Love it.

@canuk-gal woohoo for cycling! None for us yesterday or today unfortunately but it's OK and I enjoy vicariously through you.

@Austina aww poor Kim with that long delay but glad she has arrived safely and hug dear Bertie from us. Glad he is on the mend and hopefully he will be 100% soon.

Hi to everyone else. We had a busy day running errands yesterday. TJ, WF, Costco and local supermarkets. OMG everyone is out shopping so crowded. Please let the masks and vaccines work. Ugh too many crowds. We got gluten free crust and despite Greg not liking to use ready made crust he is going to make apple pie with it. Fingers crossed it tastes good. I mean how can it taste as good as his homemade gluten crust but if it tastes half as good I will be very pleased.

Today we are going to hike probably but it is brutally cold and windy so not 100% sure. HVAC guys are coming to do a season check up which should take an hour. They will be wearing masks. I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful day. It feels like the weekend to me and not a Tuesday. Weird right? Hugs to you all and be well.

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 7.18.48 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it’s officially Christmas season :lol:

41AE0E00-3A17-4ABF-98C7-08FBA1BCDCD1.jpeg

Bwahaha Merry merry Christmas to the NIRDIs. May this season be peaceful loving healthy and not scary in the slightest. Love you XOXO ❤️❤️❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am FIRST case of the day tomorrow. Such an early AM arrival! Guess I just won't sleep! LOL

Snow flurries on and off today. Good day to hang around, relax and do nothing.

NIRDI shout out.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am FIRST case of the day tomorrow. Such an early AM arrival! Guess I just won't sleep! LOL

NIRDI shout out.

cheers--Sharon

It’s great to be the first patient Sharon! The surgeon will be fresh and everything will be sterile. Sending bucketloads of good luck for tomorrow and gentle (((hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out.

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal That’s great that you’re the first one. The surgeon is well rested…You also don’t have time to worry. I always prefer to be the first or second. This time tomorrow you will be so happy it’s over. Sending dust that everything goes smoothly..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

@canuk-gal thinking good thoughts for you today and good luck!

Hi to everyone else and happy Thanksgiving Eve!
We had a fun hike yesterday after the rain stopped and where we hiked was sheltered from the wind.
It was a gorgeous day.

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 6.19.10 AM.png

We went to Hartshorne where we knew the last of the leaves changing colors would be happening and we didn't want to miss it. It was worth it.

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 6.45.06 AM.png

Glorious colors.
Speaking of which, wishing you all a glorious day and a very happy Thanksgiving.
Love you girls. Be well and stay safe and have fun.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got my three injections (big ouch today for some reason) and realized I forgot to share my good news here.

If you want the long version check out the good news thread but I will spare you the long version here.

The short of it is that I probably don't have primary hyperparathyroidism but have secondary which means no surgery but Calcium supplementation in high doses as my body isn't absorbing it sufficiently so I need to take lots of Calcium in supplements. I am very grateful and relieved as primary would mean surgery is mandatory. Greg had that surgery and I know the unhappy experience close up and personal and have no wish to share that experience. So huge relief and while I am not out of the so called proverbial woods yet I am happy and relieved and grateful.

That's all. Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies and big hugs to you and your families. May your Thanksgiving celebrations be filled with laughter love and lots of joy. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got my three injections (big ouch today for some reason) and realized I forgot to share my good news here.

If you want the long version check out the good news thread but I will spare you the long version here.

The short of it is that I probably don't have primary hyperparathyroidism but have secondary which means no surgery but Calcium supplementation in high doses as my body isn't absorbing it sufficiently so I need to take lots of Calcium in supplements. I am very grateful and relieved as primary would mean surgery is mandatory. Greg had that surgery and I know the unhappy experience close up and personal and have no wish to share that experience. So huge relief and while I am not out of the so called proverbial woods yet I am happy and relieved and grateful.

That's all. Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies and big hugs to you and your families. May your Thanksgiving celebrations be filled with laughter love and lots of joy. XOXO.

@missy Great news! I’m heading over to the good news thread!
@canuk-gal I’m thinking of you this morning sending all good wishes for a very successful surgery…

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Good luck @canuk-gal, thinking of you today and sending lots of healing vibes for a successful surgery, and quick recovery.

:dance: At last @missy, some good news. Sorry about the ouchy jabs, but at least it’s done now and will hopefully do some good. Beautiful photos, and glad you got to enjoy the scenery yesterday. I have to say that Pythagorus is looking sinisterly seasonal:lol:

We had to go and get some shopping yesterday morning, and HEB was heaving as you’d expect. I cleaned the upstairs of the house yesterday, and more good news on the house, they’re going to be doing the spray foam insulation soon.

Adam has reached Waco on the drive to Oklahoma, and stopped for a quick charge up before heading off again.

Not much on the books for us today, walking Bertie and having a lazy day.

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results