carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Wonderful Wednesday!

@missy glad your "event" is over and hope the results explain things you need to move forward. LOL I asked for some Ativan when I needed to have needles in my face for a procedure--they gave me some and I told them it was a placebo. No effect!!! :P2
And those roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roses are my healing flower--hope they are for you as well. How wonderful @springerspaniel for you to send them! Truly PS'ers are the BEST!!!!!!

Thank you and yassss! PSers are the BEST!!! Especially the NIRDIs. Love you girls!!!
And I hear you on the placebo. I have a high tolerance for pain and for meds. When I broke those two bones in my leg and had to stay off it for basically 8 months the pain was pretty bad for the first few months. But the pain meds just really didn't touch it and made me nauseous to boot. So I eschewed them and dealt with the pain for the most part. I did take them when things got really painful (pain level of 10 plus). So I hear you Sharon. Boo to pain! And yes to flowers! Gorgeous flowers. I am keeping the cats away because anything beautiful they love to destroy. :lol:

Speaking of beautiful I am sharing two photos with you my friend took in Hawaii. She is there with her dh and these photos are breathtaking so I must share their beauty with you beautiful ladies. Big hugs to each and everyone of you.

hanahawaii.jpg

maui.jpg

@Bayek I need to see your Hawaii photos please. I am in awe of the beauty all around in Hawaii. Each island has something special to offer. I have never been but maybe one day.

@Austina thank you! So glad Colin's derm appt went well and good luck with his cardiologist!

@MamaBee OMG thank goodness you didn't tell me lolol. How could they do a D&C without light sedation? Ummm nooooo. Not ever again please.

@springerspaniel I just adore the gorgeous flowers and cannot thank you enough. I do not remember the last time I got flowers. Wait yes I do @mrs-b when Greg had his cancer surgery. You girls are simply the best and most thoughtful. I truly cherish your friendship more than I can say. And now I think Greg is in trouble because I always say I don't want flowers but my goodness how can I not want flowers? So beautiful and they really brighten up the day. Thank you. :love:

Not sure what we are doing yet today. It is under 40 degrees F here. I was instructed to take it easy and no activity and no weightlifting. I definitely am not doing weights or exercise per se for the next 2 days as instructed. But what about a nice easy bike ride? That wouldn't be too taxing right? I didn't ask the gynecologist yesterday because well she would have needed to cover herself and say no activity but I hope and think an easy ride would be safe. If I don't get frost bite that is lololol. It's quite brisk and chilly out but the sun might be making an appearance so...

Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies and the biggest of hugs to each and everyone of you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I vote for no bike ride for a few days..:confused2: How are you feeling this morning?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I vote for no bike ride for a few days..:confused2: How are you feeling this morning?

I am not going cycling today as I decided it is better to visit my parents. So in abut an hour and a half we are heading out to see them. It's been too long and since it isn't raining we can visit with them outside. Despite the fact mom has workmen working on the outside of the house. Not thrilled about that as I want peace and quiet but it is a good day to visit them since I am on forced rest.

I am bleeding (to be expected as she biopsied three different areas) and a bit crampy. When I take my protein drink I will take ibuprofen and acetaminophen with it if I need to. But at the moment I don't want to take more meds. I took 1000 Tylenol before bed last night. Slept OK but woke at 3AM for the day. You know my routine lol.

It's amazing how fast the morning is going and I am doing nothing lol. It's hard for me to miss my workout. I really do it for my mental well being more so than my physical well being. Working out helps me work out and release my stress. But I have gone longer without working out so this won't be too bad. Though this has been a challenging few years and goodness knows I need to work out my stress. I know you get it.

How are you? How is David doing? Where are you spending the weekend?
XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m relieved to hear you are visiting your parents instead of bike riding today. All that bumping would probably not be a good idea. Your mom and dad are probably so happy you are going to see them. :kiss2:
I have no idea how you can start the day at 3 am…I’m usually up at that time but I go back to bed..I’m able to fall back to sleep a few hours later. I just work things out that I have to get accomplished.

David is doing great. He would rather stay home with me than go to his workshop. I’ve kept him home since the beginning. He’s not good about washing his hands and staying a distance away from people. He has to be reminded…They don’t have the people to just do that. It’s hard to fill up his day but he’s happy so that’s all that matters. We take a lot of rides in the car.. He loves the fall colors..

Normally we would have my mom and Chris over on Saturday for a visit. I told my mom that since I saw her last Saturday and Monday..we’ll visit on Tuesday. I would rather pick her up and bring her here than visit her in the library at the home. This weekend we will probably just chill out. I like when I don’t have anything to do on a weekend.

What do you you have planned for the weekend?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’m relieved to hear you are visiting your parents instead of bike riding today. All that bumping would probably not be a good idea. Your mom and dad are probably so happy you are going to see them. :kiss2:
I have no idea how you can start the day at 3 am…I’m usually up at that time but I go back to bed..I’m able to fall back to sleep a few hours later. I just work things out that I have to get accomplished.

David is doing great. He would rather stay home with me than go to his workshop. I’ve kept him home since the beginning. He’s not good about washing his hands and staying a distance away from people. He has to be reminded…They don’t have the people to just do that. It’s hard to fill up his day but he’s happy so that’s all that matters. We take a lot of rides in the car.. He loves the fall colors..

Normally we would have my mom and Chris over on Saturday for a visit. I told my mom that since I saw her last Saturday and Monday..we’ll visit on Tuesday. I would rather pick her up and bring her here than visit her in the library at the home. This weekend we will probably just chill out. I like when I don’t have anything to do on a weekend.

What do you you have planned for the weekend?

Glad David is doing great! So happy to hear that Joanne! I would rather stay home with you too than go to the workshop lol. That is a testament to you more so than anything else. Sounds good to have your mom visit you Tuesday at your home rather than at her place at the library. Chilling out this weekend sounds good and the weather will cooperate haha. We hope to go cycling this weekend. it's supposed to be chilly the remainder of the week and weekend I believe but hopefully not too cold for cycling. We have another 780 miles we have to go to reach my 9K goal for the year. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I had to get over the worry about having my mom and Chris into my home during Covid. They regularly test my mom so she’s pretty safe, and fully vaccinated. Chris is also fully vaccinated. I draw the line with being too close to him. My mom I can’t help but be close to. She’s also 95 so I can’t tell her I won’t have her here. I do see my middle guy and family at their house and ours…That’s it. I just call it the family bubble. My son and family are very careful but the children go to day care/school in a pod. They keep them separated in classrooms and don’t inter-mingle the classes. If they have any symptoms or the children have symptoms they take a covid test. It’s not perfect..but it’s just what we decided is the balance between still be connected but as safe as we can manage.
I forgot to tell you! I had a dream of people on an a trek across snow on a sled with dogs last night! I think it must have been influenced by you and Greg! You need to get a sled and dogs for the snow! :lol:

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I'm sorry I wasn't around yesterday - I've had lots of med appts, too.

I'm so glad it's over and the pain was manageable. Here's hoping for an all-clear from the biopsies. Please rest and take it easy for a couple of days - you can aggravate the bleeding if you move around too much, and I know you want to be well as soon as is humanly possible. Thinking of you and sending my very best wishes!

@MamaBee - the whole day care thing gives me chills during these covid times! I mean - they have to go, I get it. But...all those germs.... oy! I hope your mother is well and happy. She's so lucky to have you!

@marcy - not only was I soaking wet...turns out later - I laid down in a pile of dog poo! Yaaay! Sigh. I am such a nincompoop. In my own defense, it *was* nighttime and pitch black! I wanted to ask you something about your anemia; do you have rapid pulse? Tim, who exercises regularly every day and isn't at all overweight, has a regular pulse of around 90. He has always put it down to "That's just me - it's always been like that." But it occurs to me now that it's a symptom associated with anemia! We seriously need to get this boy some help! Do you have a fast pulse?

@junebug17 - I hope having your DS home goes smoothly and is actually a lot of fun! These small, unexpected patches of time are such a bonus!

@springerspaniel I love the flowers you sent Missy - how lovely of you! I'm sorry to hear Freddie flunked puppy school! (yes - I know - didn't really flunk, but it sounds so awesome to have a puppy who flunked puppy school!). Please give him a big cuddle from his Auntie Hollian, who thinks he's AWESOME! And - you're writing another paper?? Please feel free to share - you know I enjoy reading them!

Tim and I have both had sinus/chest infections which we've struggled to throw off. I ultimately went and got a script for antibiotics, and Tim got the same yesterday. I'm way better and hope he is shortly, also.

We're *really* looking forward to going out to Cali on Friday and seeing my new apartment! It will be nice to further my new nest. ::)

Love and hugs to everyone!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I personally wouldn’t be comfortable with the day care either but they both work. They also wanted the four year old to have a somewhat normal childhood..The day care is very strict. The parents aren’t even allowed inside. They can see them through a glass window.
That stinks that you laid down in poo. Notice the pun? :lol:That would be something that would happen to me.
Did you get in touch with David?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I personally wouldn’t be comfortable with the day care either but they both work. They also wanted the four year old to have a somewhat normal childhood..The day care is very strict. The parents aren’t even allowed inside. They can see them through a glass window.
That stinks that you laid down in poo. Notice the pun? :lol:That would be something that would happen to me.
Did you get in touch with David?

I did - thank you! Amy called me. Phew!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

15C here and sunny! Had a lovely ride--a little cool by the water and I noticed some ice forming. Looked like chards of broken glass--so calm and beautiful. The raft of ducks were so peaceful; looked like ornaments on a mirror.

The plan is to move my Mom to her new home on Thursday. My sister viewed the facility today (it came highly recommended) and she was happy with what she saw and spoke to the SW. Fingers crossed my Mom will settle in.

@missy take it easy. Literally! Hope your visit home was enjoyable.
@MamaBee I find it difficult to fill the days with entertainment. But ya gotta do what you gotta do. DH likes to go for drives--me not so much.
@mrs-b safe travels and hope everyone gets better soon!

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get it @canuk-gal..It’s a challenge to keep my brain sharp because I’m home with someone that can’t keep a conversation going. I’ve learned to adapt..David talks about the same thing every day. I’m use to it..It makes him happy. I read a lot and watch the news to keep current. I actually like taking David on rides. It gets us out of the house.
I’m taking a huge chance next week. I haven’t seen my friends in a year. We’re meeting for breakfast. They live at the beach two hours away. We’ll all drive an hour and meet halfway. I know it’s a risk..They are fully vaccinated. I’m going for it because of my mental health. I love my husband but he’s not a talker. I actually asked David’s former doctor if she thought my husband could have Asbergers. I didn’t know what she thought until the next visit which was six months later. I usually take David to NJ from Pa by myself for the visit. She said if he did it was very mild. She definitely agreed there was something. He’s super intelligent..Socially he seems a bit awkward…He doesn’t communicate to me like he should.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m so glad to hear you’ve found somewhere suitable for your Mum @canuk-gal, hopefully she’ll settle in well and be content there.

I hope you had a lovely visit with your parents today @missy, they must’ve been so glad to see you again after all this time. Glad to hear you’re not feeling too bad today, and I echo the others, take it easy, any procedure can take it out of you.

I think you’ll be fine @MamaBee, if you’re friends are all vaccinated and you’re careful, it’ll do you the world of good to feel somewhat ‘normal’ for a few hours.

Oh no @mrs-b, it’s a good job that as a dog owner you’re used to dealing with all sorts of crap! Sorry, I just couldn’t resist that one :mrgreen: I hope you and Tim are feeling completely better soon so you can enjoy your time in Ca.

Honestly, we felt right at home today, it’s been absolutely foul, pouring with rain, thunder, lightening, and so dark. I got Colin to his appt this morning, the driving conditions were atrocious, from there we went to HEB and got some shopping and got soaked. We’ve spent the rest of the day inside.

Meeting up with @Bayek for lunch tomorrow at a Thai restaurant, we love Thai food :lickout:

I’ve managed to schedule my booster for next Tuesday at the local Target store :lol:

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina nothing like weather from home to make you feel at home! Sorry your drive was treacherous. How exciting to meet with Kate for lunch! I'm a little jeali. Thank you for the wishes for my Mom. I hope to see her soon.

@MamaBee we all need to practice self care. Isolation takes it's toll. Are you meeting a a nice place?

I just saw a giant coyote out my window. From my distant view he was large! Hope I don't meet him on the street anytime soon.

cheers--Sharon

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! Hope everyone is doing well, & having a good week thus far!

@missy I bet you are so relieved it is over now! Had a CT appt at 2p/same day also & was thinking about you at your appt. Glad it is behind you & you're one step closer to resolution. And yes, beautiful flowers @springerspaniel, very thoughtful!

@Austina, Oh no to to Bertie rolling in the grass after bath time, not funny--but funny! Dogs are like having a 2 year old around the house full time, always a surprise. Knock on wood, Jack has had good health & is seemingly fine even at this ripe age but he's lost most of his hearing plus his vision is going as well. Has some arthritis. But as long as we keep the floors clear & furniture stays in its place, he navigates well. Bless his little heart.

@marcy, grrr to the cold, snow & ice--I just hate it too. Am girding myself for the onslaught also. I know you & @canuk-gal can relate. My hands are always cold! I bet you are looking forward to your retirement! The color of your sapphire is beautiful & it goes so well with those bands! Can't wait to see your ruby's! Love the sky too, would love to read your astronomy articles!

@canuk-gal @junebug17 Thank you re the pictures! It's easy to take a good picture when the beauty of our world is so abundant, just love nature & wildlife. Glad you enjoyed them.

@MamaBee I love that band with your ring in your avatar! The color of those ruby's look great.

Everything is good in our neck of the woods. I hope you all have a restful evening!
xo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@MamaBee I so agree - rings you just have to try on to see how they look to you. Oh no the light sedation made you go a little nuts; you wouldn’t believe how much allergy medicine alters my personality - I become a cry baby and a very irritable. That’s great to hear David is doing well and it is working out you can see your mom on a regular basis. Have a great time meeting your friends.

@missy beautiful flowers and so sweet of @springerspaniel to send them to you! There is a geomagnetic storm going on right now but probably from here we’d only see a glow. It’s cloudy though. No doubt Greg loves you!!! And the kitties too. Hope you are feeling better today and good luck on the biopsies. Glad it wasn’t as bad as expected. Your friends pictures from Hawaii are gorgeous. I have an app called Earth Cam and I often go watch the sunset on the 2 webcams in Hawaii. That is great you went to visit your parents today.

@junebug17 thank you; I am having a weird headache and muscle spasms tonight. I feel like my warranty expired and my body is falling apart. Ha Ha. That will be nice to have DS home for a while but yes it will take some adjusting. When my SIL was here for over a month it was different for sure.

@Austina definitely you don’t see sapphires in rounds too often. I have a cushion cut raspberry sapphire in that setting first and the square just didn’t flow with the ring - I like the round in it. I took a few more steps today towards retirement; I started delegating some of my stuff to some of employees; after telling my boss I don’t know if the new gal can be my replacement and I am thinking about retiring next month.. Glad Colin’s moles were nothing to worry about; I hope his frozen spots heal quickly and wish him good luck with his appointment tomorrow. Woo hoo your pool contractor can take care of your pool now. Have fun seeing Kate tomorrow.

@canuk-gal I agree the colors of those roses are amazing. Nice you were able to go for a quite ride and good idea to get away from the noise going on at home with your renovation. I hope your mom likes her new home and what a relief it is highly recommended. The icy lake sounds beautiful.

@mrs-b well poop that you fell in some poop -sorry I couldn’t help myself. That would be my luck too. You got your sweet pup home though. I hope they get Tim’s heartbeat down. Yes I have a rapid heart beat and have had for quite a while - that is what made me finally make a doctor’s appointment; I totally figured it was my heart. Once the doctor told me I was anemic I consulted Dr. Google who provided me the assorted symptoms that was the first one that popped out at me. I have one of those oxy / pulse readers and my pulse varies between 60’s to 100 - average is around 80. Sadly my oxygen is often more high 80’s low 90’s. Last night my heart beat was awful when I went to bed so I couldn’t fall asleep. Glad you are feeling better after taking some antibiotics and hope Tim starts feeling better too. How exciting to see your place in California on Friday.

@sarahb yes I think you, @canuk-gal and me can identify with some brutal winters. I know there are way harsher climates than Wyoming though. I totally can identify with cold hands and feet; I sleep with slipper socks on even in the summer. Thanks, I do like sapphires. I am totally looking forward to retiring. Sleeping in, taking pictures, being a lady of leisure.

Busy day at work; the new lady is getting more and more frustrated at her little mistakes and missteps and I had dug out some paperwork and wrote tips / suggestions on them to go over with her and she came to me asking if she could just do a few tasks at a time and do them every day (we rotate tasks on a daily basis). I had her pick what she wanted to start on and hopefully that works well for her. I did talk to my boss afterwards and let him know IMO she is a long way from filling in for me and doesn’t handle stress / frustration very well. She has been very bad at following my instructions and not asking questions. I continue to find things she is skipping and blending different tasks in to one. While talking to my boss I did tell him I am thinking I’ll retire next month; he wasn’t surprised.

I lifted after work and then did dishes. I plan on ordering our Christmas presents tonight or tomorrow - Marty wants a new Sony mirrorless camera that comes out around Christmas and I am ordering a 100 macro lens for me. Better buy these toys while I have extra spending money, eh?

I woke up at 5 and couldn’t go back to sleep. I did get this decent shot of the crescent moon and the little dot to the left of it is Mercury. I took one shot since I had to get ready for work so I was glad the one and only picture turned out okay.

Take care.
Marcy
Skinny Moonx.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Thursday! The week is flying by.
We had a wonderful visit with my parents yesterday. It was a purrrrrfect day. LOL JJ and Zoe tried to say hello from inside haha. I was taking the outdoor thing seriously and we each went in once to use the restroom before we left (long drive) and we wore masks and I stayed away from the cats.

Zoe
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 6.42.37 AM.png

JJ
Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 6.42.21 AM.png

@marcy gorgeous photo. I'm sorry you couldn't get back to sleep.And also ugh about the employee you are training. You can only do the best you can do and woohoo for retiring next month. Yay for lifting. I am jealous I cannot lift for another day. Patience is not my middle name haha. Hope work goes OK today. Keep reminding yourself-you are almost done and this won't be your headache anymore. Woohoo. XOXO.

@Austina have a great time today at lunch with Kate and thank you both. XOXO. Wish I could be there! And so pleased you were able to schedule your booster for next week. Sending you lots of love and big hugs.

@sarahb hope your appointment went well! Thank you always for all your good and well wishes and right back at ya. XOXO.

@canuk-gal ooh a giant coyote. How cool. Yay to moving your mom into her new place today. Hope that move goes smoothly. And so glad you got to cycle. I am being a good patient. I didn't work out at all yesterday or cycle. I so badly want to though and am feeling OK today so maybe a light workout is OK? Anyway good luck with the move today and big hugs.

@mrs-b have a great trip tomorrow and I hope your appointments went well and your sinus infection is cleared. I cannot wait for you to get to your new home and enjoy enjoy enjoy. Glad Amy finally got back to you. Big hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope you are having a lovely week. XOXO

@Slick1 sending you hugs and love.

@springerspaniel how are Freddie and Clyde doing with the change of weather? Do they enjoy the cool air? It is very refreshing and I am getting ready to get out my winter coats lol. Do you put coats on your furry babies when the weather gets cold? Hope you are having a good week. Hugs.

@Jemi how did your trip go? Hope all is well. XOXO.

@MamaBee sending you big hugs and lots of love. Hope you enjoy a wonderful Thursday. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. So we had a good day visiting my parents. It was a sunny bright day with the bluest of skies.
Each visit is precious. My parents are aging rapidly and I am cherishing every moment. It is going too fast.
Sharing the only human photo I took yesterday. A (not good) selfie. Next time I will take a selfie with my mom. The day went so fast and before we knew it the day was over. My dad always the jokester told me he feels more like 88 than 87. :lol:

daddyandmissynov32021.png

Have a great Thursday lovely ladies and big hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just got back from lunch with Kate, and she says Hi to everyone.

@missy, your Dad is a hoot, and he’s looking good for 87! So glad you got to spend time with your parents yesterday, I know it’s been far too long. Hopefully, you’ll all feel more comfortable getting together again in the not too distant future. Aww what cute purry little faces :kiss2: Hope you’re feeling even better today.

Oy a coyote @canuk-gal. Kim was telling me about a friend of hers who rescues stray dogs, and one evening she thought she saw a puppy and made her b/f turn around and go back, only to discover the ‘puppy’ was a coyote. Needless to say, she high tailed it back to the car pronto :lol:

One of our old boys couldn’t see very well, and would get so stiff he couldn’t get up @sarahb, but as long as you know they still have a good quality of life, and are eating and enjoying their food, you know they’re not ready to give up. I hope everything comes back fine from your CT scan.

Great shot of the crescent moon @marcy! As long as you do all you can to prepare the new lady, then when you retire, someone else will have to ensure she’s up to the job. Wow, you’re so organised thinking about Christmas gifts already.

I hope you enjoyed your breakfast with friends today @MamaBee and didn’t feel too stressed out by the visit. It’s good to get out safely and do something normal again.

@springerspaniel, you’re a diamond! Those flowers are just gorgeous.

Good luck for tomorrow @mrs-b.

Colin and I have just got back from lunch with Kate, John had to wait in for a delivery, so just the 3 of us. We talked (a lot) and ate (a lot), and it was great seeing Kate again after such a long time. We’re both stuffed, the food was lovely.

How can it be Friday again tomorrow, where does the time go?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@marcy here is Marty's Moose photo....https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/moose-breaks-through-school-window-saskatchewan

Glorious day 17C YAY. Had a nice ride. Bright sunny day--I'll take it!

@Austina glad you enjoyed your lunch with Kate! How fun!

@missy you Dad looks great and sounds like a pile of fun! So glad you visited them instead of your benchpress. LOL.

@MamaBee hope you had a good day.

Went out to get some Estee Lauder body creme and the sweet sales lady gave me two nice serum samples!!!! YAY to freebies!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope you’re feeling much better today.
I’m happy you enjoyed your visit with your parents. They look like wonderful people. I love their smiles..Are you going to try to cycle tomorrow? It’s very cold here..
Big hugs and love back to you..XOXO
@Austina How wonderful you had lunch with Kate today! Do you live that far from her? Did you see her house?
My lunch with friends is next Wednesday. My friend asked if she could go with me. She’s afraid to drive long distances..especially that we haven’t been there before. It’s an hour and a half away..I don’t mind driving. I usually offer..Shes all of 4’9”..She can barely see over the wheel. She makes me so nervous when she drives. Haha I was hoping she wouldn’t ask me. I would have rather gone by myself. I said yes, of course…but I’m not happy about it.
@canuk-gal How are things going with your mom? Do you have a projected time frame when she will move to the new place? Filling out all the paperwork was so time consuming.
We see coyotes here..but they are like small dogs. I’m chicken so I would run in the house.. :lol:
My mom is getting pretty forgetful. She also can’t hear well even though she has hearing aids. I find myself screaming on the phone so she can hear me. I repeat everything two and three times. I think I’m developing polyps..ugh
Thank you for wishing me a good day..I wish the same for you..❤️
@mrs-b I’m so excited thst you are going to your new place tomorrow. I love when we move to a new place. Making it a home is so much fun. Please send pics.
How is Tim feeling? Are his eyes better?
@marcy I get palpitations. It’s awful feeling your heart pound. I think mine is related to my Graves Disease. Have you had an echocardiogram?
That‘s interesting that if you have allergy medicine you get irritable and cry. If I have caffeine I tremble..get irritable and cry. It’s like I‘m on speed....I drink only decaf coffee.
My daughter-in-law can’t drink Gin. She turns nasty. Hahaha I thanked her for letting me know! :lol:
@sarahb Thank you for liking my Ruby and diamond band. I think it’s pretty..but I don’t wear it that much..I have to get use to color on my left hand.
@junebug17 That will be nice to have your son stay with you for a while. I’ve had two of them do that to save money after college..It wasn’t that long. I enjoyed the time with them..but it was definitely an adjustment. I ran into a girl in the middle of the night. I had to have a talk with the oldest Casanova..:lol:
Hi to everyone else. Dishes await..I know how to have a good time..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY! It's the end of Daylight Savings Time this weekend.

@Austina so glad you and Kate and your DH had a great visit. Next time John will join you. And one day I hope we can all get together. You guys are the best. And right? How can the time go so fast? I cannot believe we are in November. But the good news is before we know it winter will be over. LOL I am not trying to rush my life away but winter is a challenging season for me. Anyway so pleased you enjoyed a wonderful visit. XOXO.

@MamaBee aww thanks. They really are great people. Everyone who knows them loves them. LOL hope you had fun with the dishes. Both you and I really know how to party it up. :lol: XOXO.

@canuk-gal I love freebies so much. Yay for getting some free samples. Haha yes definitely better I visited my parents Wednesday vs the bench press. More on that below. But summing up your friend (me) is an idiot. Nuff said. Big hugs to you and have a great FriYAY.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY! And remember we turn the clocks back Saturday night. XOXO.

@Slick1 hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy an extra hour of sleep. Hugs.

@mrs-b safe travels sweet lady. XOXO.

@sarahb hope you are enjoying a lovely November so far and your CT scan went well with good results. XOXO.

@springerspaniel please hug Freddie and Clyde from me. Big hugs. Enjoy a wonderful weekend.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. Warning, Please don't read the below comments if you are going to get mad at me. I am feeling very vulnerable and cannot handle any harsh words. I will put this in a spoiler so if you don't feel up to it you don't have to accidentally read it. <3

So I will just start out by saying yes, I know I am an idiot. I have already beaten myself up about this. I foolishly exacerbated my bleeding by doing a *very* light treadmill walking yesterday. I thought it would be OK because one they gave me instructions saying after 48 hours I could workout etc. It was 43 hours and I walked gently on my treadmill but unfortunately I was bleeding all day and this morning still bleeding a bit. Really frustrating. I am thinking it is from the biopsies she took but could also be my initial issue getting worse. IDK. And anyone who knows me knows I get emotional relief from stress by being active and working out. So this is challenging on another level.

We went for a very short (90 minute) bike ride yesterday even though I had bleeding because even Greg felt it was OK to do that. I mean it is a recumbent bike and I didn't pedal vigorously. I did a gentle ride. That didn't exacerbate any bleeding but I was still bleeding all day yesterday unfortunately. No way to know if the treadmill made that happen or it would have happened anyway. Looks like I cannot do weights today so that is now day 3 no weights. They had instructed me I could work out after 48 hours including weights. But now, since I am still bleeding I don't think it is a great idea. The gyn made it seem like I wouldn't be bleeding much. And I spoke with @Bayek yesterday who also had 3 biopsies taken of her uterus when she had her biopsy and she didn't really experience much bleeding at all. Lucky me lol. I am not sure if I should attempt light walking or not today. OMG I know many (all) of you are reading this shaking your heads what an idiot I am lol and I don't blame you. If I was reading this I would be yelling to the person noooo, don't work out! But it's easier said than done. I love working out and not working out causes me stress. Ugh. I am a mental case I know. I mean for all I know I will be bleeding for 2 weeks or more and I do not want to stop all working out for that long. So what to do what to do. I am certainly not doing a strenuous workout so shouldn't light be OK? I mean I will heal anyway right?

Nothing is normal for me. Everyone else gets a biopsy and can go back to activities in 2 days. :/

It's another cold day brrrrr. Yesterday after my morning adventures (LOL) we went to TJs and I got some produce and some pea protein but they were out of my asparagus. TJs here is always hit or miss with their products. Sometimes they have it in abundance and sometimes they are totally out of many things. It surprisingly wasn't too crowded at all even thought it was 1PM in the afternoon. Usually prime time there.

Have a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies. Big hugs and much love to my sweet friends here.
And @Bayek you rock Kate. Great Kate the wise and wonderful. Cannot wait til you come back to Brooklyn to visit your son because you won't be able to keep Greg and me away haha.

Happy FriYAY all and happy daylight standard time. Though I adore Daylight savings time I will embrace standard time because there is no other choice. Enjoy an extra hour of sleep (or insomnia as the case may be (mine :lol:)
XOXO

Leaving you with a photo from yesterday. Greg backed up my computer as my new one is arriving next week so we can transfer info (something like that...I am not tech savvy as you might remember) and for some reason now I am not getting photos from my phone to my computer. But I have this one as I sent it to my friend Rob yesterday because as we were riding he texted me where the heck am I it's too cold for riding he said haha. So I took this photo and sent it to him so he could see exactly where we were. :) Blurry because it was cold and I had my bulky mittens on making it challenging to get this photo. Anyway I have this photo only for now til Greg figures it out. So here it is. Our sunny but cold day from yesterday. Stay warm and cozy girls.

sunnycoldnovemberride.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

@bling_dream19 rest up and take it easy! Enjoy your weekend.
@missy hope your bleeding stops soon. Be easy on yourself dear friend.
@MamaBee does your friend need a booster seat to drive? LOL. Nice that you are taking her to your GTG.

Power was out this AM so we went to have our favorite chicken and waffles out. Got 4 dozen roses ($5 bucks a bunch) and am admiring them now. We hopped on our bikes, but my phone range and I talked to my sister for 20 minutes. Headed down the path only to run unto my colleague and we gabbed for 20 minutes. My DH passed me on his way home. Didn't get much of a ride in. LOL

My Mom is in her new "home" and is disorientated (expected). I hope she settles in soon. With no snow, I should head up to visit her. I heard work will be picking up with more OR's opening--good news for me. Covid be GONE!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

@bling_dream19 rest up and take it easy! Enjoy your weekend.
@missy hope your bleeding stops soon. Be easy on yourself dear friend.
@MamaBee does your friend need a booster seat to drive? LOL. Nice that you are taking her to your GTG.

Power was out this AM so we went to have our favorite chicken and waffles out. Got 4 dozen roses ($5 bucks a bunch) and am admiring them now. We hopped on our bikes, but my phone range and I talked to my sister for 20 minutes. Headed down the path only to run unto my colleague and we gabbed for 20 minutes. My DH passed me on his way home. Didn't get much of a ride in. LOL

My Mom is in her new "home" and is disorientated (expected). I hope she settles in soon. With no snow, I should head up to visit her. I heard work will be picking up with more OR's opening--good news for me. Covid be GONE!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal It looks like you have some good things coming your way. I’m happy your mom is in her new home. It will take her a bit to get settled. Mine complained a little in the beginning. Now she loves it there. I hope she settles in quickly..What a relief for you and your sister. I hope the snow stays away so you can visit her soon.
Wow! People are getting operations scheduled again. I hope you become very busy…:bigsmile: I have a colonoscopy coming up on November 29. I had an almost three month wait. I’m not looking forward to it. :roll:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@bling_dream19 aww sweetie, I hope you had a good night's sleep and awake feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and ready for an excellent weekend. It's Caturday Saturday woohoo. Hope your mom and dad are doing well and you and your sweet DH have a fun weekend. Hugs.

@canuk-gal I am relieved for you your mom is settling into her new home and I hope she will be content and happy there. And it's lovely you are going to visit her soon. Woohoo for work picking up finally. Yes please let Covid be a thing of the past soon. I hope you are good busy very soon. XOXO.

@MamaBee glad you have your Colonoscopy coming up soon. Greg's Colonoscopy in October went very smoothly. It was the first time the prep was just pills. Super easy prep. I hope that is how you are doing it too. Thank you for googling for me last night. LOL I confess I did a bit of googling afterwards and now I am worried lol please make me stop. Happy weekend and big hugs to you.

@mrs-b I hope you are enjoying sunny California and the flight was smooth. Hugs to you and all your loved ones.

@springerspaniel hope you enjoy an extra hour of sleep this weekend. And that your week at work went smoothly. XOXO.

Speaking of work @marcy how did your week go? Hope your weekend is enjoyable and restful. Hugs.

@Austina hope you had a great rest of the week and looking forward to a good weekend. Three more days and Booster shot time woohoo. Who would have guessed a few years ago how excited we would be about getting vaccinations lol. Hugs.

@sarahb have a wonderful weekend and stay warm. XOXO.

Speaking of warm there might be a warm up next week and if the weather is as good as it is predicted to be right now I am a happy camper. Today is another chilly day but that won't stop us from getting ice cream and cycling. Though our rides the past 2 days have been shorter as I am recuperating. I am taking it slow. But never too slow for ice cream. :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 6.13.56 AM.png

Michael gave me pretty scoops but not so for Greg. :lol:
Tasted amazing even if it looked a bit sloppy. :)

Have a happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. XOXO.
Flash back from the past. This is how Francesca and I liked to spend our early Caturday Saturday mornings...
At the beach house in bed under the covers.
frankiejusthangingoutundercovers..jpg

I used to snuggle up with her every evening and no matter how many times I woke up in the middle of the night and got out of bed to go to the restroom she was always waiting for me to snuggle back up with her. I miss our snuggling so much. I miss her so much.

Have a wonderful weekend girls! Love you. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sunny, but brisk day here today! We took Bertie to the dog park early, and he ran around with a lovely young pointer and spent the afternoon snoozing.

Let’s hope it warms up, because this weather is really making us feel like home @missy :lol: Glad you’re taking it a bit easier out cycling, please don’t over do things even though you feel ok. Awww, your little black panther was such a sweetheart, you never stop missing them. I was talking to a lady at the dog park who has a lovely Airedale, a breed you don’t see often these days, and quite a few dogs came up to say hello to me.

I hope your Mum settles in @canuk-gal, I’m sure it’s a huge change for her and very unsettling. Hopefully she’ll make friends and get to enjoy her new home.

I hope you’re relaxing and have a lazy weekend @bling_dream19, catch up on some sleep and get well rested.

Any plans @marcy, hopefully some R&R for you too.

Is everything as you hoped @mrs-b, how’re you both feeling?

Kim and I went out yesterday to do food shopping, and then spent the afternoon cooking, and after that cleaning.

They’ve just got out to friends, so just Colin, I and Bertie this evening - we’re having fish and chips :mrgreen:

All the laundry’s done, so looks like a nice lazy day on the cards tomorrow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sunny here but chilly!!! Went to the market and it felt warm but when I got on my bike I was chilly--especially by the water. I almost turned around but persevered.

I am craving a giant piece of new jewellery! Some rose gold Tiffany hardware would set me up for life!! LOL So I can wear it sitting around here doing nothing. I must stop stalking the SMTB forum. Makes me a little jeali! :lol-2:

Watched a Christmas movie yesterday and it wasn't the worst show I've ever seen.... Going to watch The Downton Flabbies tonight....(the movie)

@Austina total yum fish and chips. What kind of fish do you use, and how do you make your batter?

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday!

@Austina how nice you have dogs walking up to you. That is one of the best parts of our walks and rides. When we stop and get some love from the animals. I live vicariously through others with their dogs. I especially love when they jump up on my lap when I am on the bike and we get to hug. I know how much you miss Dottie. The ache really never goes away but it does fade with time a bit at least. Yes hopefully your weather will start warming up a bit. We are getting a warm up this week and fingers crossed the sun stays out so we can log in some miles on the bike. We have almost 700 miles left to go to reach our 9K goal for the year. Which might be difficult in Nov and December but we shall see. How nice you and Kim are enjoying activities together. I enjoy food shopping and it is more fun with a loved one. Cleaning and cooking maybe not so much (though yes to eating one of my favorite things to do haha) but it helps to have a partner doing it with you so half the work and double the fun. Hope your Sunday is relaxing and enjoyable. And yummy to fish and chips. Sounds quite delicious. What kind of fish do you use for the fish and chips dish? XOXO.

@MamaBee hope you had (are having) a good night's sleep. I set all the clocks back yesterday. I like to be prepared. I don't think I forgot any clocks. Big hugs.

@canuk-gal how is your mom doing? Hope it is going smoothly and she is happy at her new home. It was very chilly and sunny here the past 2 days but we are due for a warm up starting tomorrow woohoo. Hope your weather is lovely too and you get some cycling in with some good days at work. And yes please to rose gold Tiffany. You deserve it Sharon and it would look stunning on you. XOXO.

How is your new condo @mrs-b? I hope you are comfortable and very happy and enjoy your home away from home. Sending you big hugs.

@sarahb hope you are having a good weekend and happy DST! Hugs.

@springerspaniel hope your weather is lovely and you are spending some time outdoors enjoying nature and all that makes autumn lovely. The leaves are changing here finally with some spectacular colors. My favorite part of autumn. Big hugs.

@marcy hope you are having restful weekend. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 hope you and your DH are enjoying a sweet weekend.

@Slick1 hope the family is well and you are enjoying time together and enjoying this gorgeous weather we are having.

@Bayek great Kate. Big hugs. I hope you and Auti and the rest of the family are having a splendid weekend. Big hugs dear friend. XOXO.

@Jemi dear C how are you? Sending you lots of love across the many miles. Hope all is well. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good ride yesterday though it was brisk. And enjoyed ice cream and all the usual activities (friends, dogs, scenery, etc). I am savoring each day since I know winter is coming and we don't cycle when the temps are in the 30s F or 40s with no sun. The past few days we started out in the 40s but the sun was shining and that makes a big difference. But once the sun fades and temps cool no cycling for us. I may be an enthusiastic cyclist but even I draw the line. Not being a lover of cold weather. Darn circulation lol. Leaving you with some lovely scenery from yesterday. And of course sweet treats too.

We had a burst of energy and cycled to Manasquan yesterday. It was good to get a full bike ride in finally after the challenging week. I am still bleeding but now I don't think it is from my biopsy anymore but the initial issue. One day at a time. And in the meantime we enjoy each day as it comes and hope (always) for the best.
Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 5.25.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 5.25.12 AM.png

Have a super sweet Sunday sassy sweet sisters. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 5.26.31 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all..I hope everyone is having a fun weekend..I’m still in my pjs. That’s how the day is going. I decorated the sliding door and table for David for fall/Thanksgiving. I also sprinkled in some Thanksgiving decorations around the house..My husband and David love them.
210BF18D-156B-434E-9005-0680B304EC23.jpeg D72A70F2-08EF-4647-9C1B-33290C84E5E8.jpeg 05C1FFE9-5825-4560-A8A1-CB1ACD072BAB.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!

No bike ride today--but a walk. I think wearing my parka was a bit OTT, but I like to be warm and I love my parka. LOL 6C and bright sunny day.

Going to make a proper Sunday supper for a change. I have been very very lazy cooking these days. Lucky to get an entrée and one side dish here. LOL. Today it is roast beef, yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes with gravy and baked cauliflower. Kugel for dessert.

My sister was visiting Mom when I texted her so I am waiting to hear how she is today. Hope all is well.

Keep well and safe folks!!

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee - your taste is just so fabulous! Every photo I see of your house is spectacular!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results