carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@bling_dream19 thank you - I am totally wondering how we can control the brain pushing back against my thyroid - strange one there. I do feel slightly better but don’t think my breathing has improved. I kind of feel like I have bronchitis or close to an asthma attack. My oxygen reader has me between low 90’s and high 80’s. I do tend to like to have sets - ring, earrings, pendant and bracelet. Now I mostly wear my diamond earrings and pendants so I’ve ventured away a bit on that. I can’t wait to see your next bling project. I hope I can retire soon.

@Calliecake thank you - the sky really lit up the other day. Today is was pretty driving in to work but I don’t mess with my phone when driving so I’ll just store those images in my mind. I would feel bad not letting my boss know I plan on retiring. That doesn’t sound fun waiting 3 hours to renew you driver’s license. Last time I went in it was kind of funny; you were supposed to sign in with your name and time - they had one of those office clocks - white face with black frame and the hands were kind of in between hours. Everyone had times listed an hour later; I could tell time and my phone said an hour earlier so I wrote down the current time and they called me next. Wasn’t my fault people can’t read the hands on a clock. How fun to be Christmas shopping for those precious little ones; they make Christmas so much fun!

@missy I am so glad you enjoy retirement. I was thinking today how much fun I can have reading, working on puzzles, going out to take pictures with no plans for the day. I got a pair of Cuddl duds pj’s and wore them for the first time last night. They are so comfy and cozy I thought why I have not bought these before? I can pick up 6 more pair and lounge around in new pj’s every day. Ha Ha. Sorry you are in a bomb cyclone - it sure did a number on us last spring. Stay safe. I hope you don’t need surgery. Gorgeous tree with orange leaves. I hate to hear Tommy has some heart problems; sending him mega dust and big hugs to all of you. We are chilly but just had rain this week. Looks like Halloween will be cold and snowy though - we bought a ton of candy to hand out too. Right now I’m kind of considering mid December to retire.

@MamaBee love your new avatar. Stress definitely can make BP spike. I am so glad you found a great place for your mom; that makes a huge difference. I hope your BP is doing well now. I believe a Beta Blocker is what they gave me too; my BP seems to fluctuate more than I would imagine but when I’ve been resting at night it’s pretty good.

@canuk-gal I hate to hear your BP is up, I hope your tests go well and your BP improves. It is tough to commit to I’m retiring this day; I want to but I guess I’m a bit hesitant. I hope you are feeling better soon. That’s great you found a place for your mom with a great reputation. My sister’s MIL has been in a few retirement / nursing homes here and had rather poor care. They recently got her moved to a smaller memory care home that only takes 16 residents; she is so much happier there. Oh no the white stuff is on the way; we’ve had snow 3 times so far. Nice to find an amusing walking companion. Glad you are enjoying Dynasty. I am so excited Yellowstone comes back in a few weeks.

@Austina I am so excited to think you can drive around town now. Sweet. Sorry you had a grumpy guy for your driver’s test. Glad you still passed though. Your house is looking great! Fun to be shopping for furniture for your new house. Are they on track to being finished on time? Mmm pizza.

@Bayek I am a little nervous about retiring - it might limit my jewelry acquisitions. Are you loving your new house? Auti has sure grown but she is still a total cutie. She is sure enjoying watching those fish.

I am glad tomorrow is Friday. It’s been a long week at work. The new lady went on vacation and seems to have forgot a few things plus I am finding she isn’t doing all the things associated with specific tasks. I totally believe she will be fine once she learns things and gets in to a routine.

I need to get the astronomy club newsletter done this weekend but don’t have any specific plans. I have some Kohl’s cash and a 20% off coupon so might go pick up some more clothes that actually fits me. I’ve been wearing baggy pants so long something that fits me was almost uncomfortable at first. Ha Ha. At least my pj’s won’t fall off me now so I trip in the middle of the night - good call there.

An amusing story about my earrings. They arrived at WF on Monday and I got an email indicating they arrived and they’d get back to me within 3 days to confirm the contents. Day 4 arrives and no word; I got to thinking maybe my rubies were fake which would be kind of sad but ironic because Marty’s grandmother had a ruby ring she passed on to Marty’s sister. It’s a fairly large ruby - maybe 12 x 18mm and very clear. I have never been convinced it is a genuine ruby primarily because that size and clarity of ruby would have cost a fortune even 50 - 60 years ago and his grandparents grew up during the depression so they would never have spent that much money on jewelry. My ruby studs are supposedly Burma rubies and I bought them from a traveling salesman that came in to this one jewelry store on a regular basis - he sold the stones to me for $80 each after which that jeweler asked me “do you know what a deal you just got there?” I did. Anyway, that thought crossed my mind that I think grandma’s ruby is fake but maybe it’s my earrings that were - but WF finally confirmed my jewelry was as described and they were moving forward with my order. It is expected to ship Nov. 18. Woo hoo!

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!

@Austina yummm to pizza. How does pizza in the states compare to pizza in England? I am trying to remember if I had pizza when I was in England and I do not think we did. I love going to Costco haha and I am guessing it is very much similar everywhere though perhaps what each Costco sells varies on the region and the demand. I am glad you are enjoying being here with your son and DIL and you and Colin deserve it after all the hard work you put in to be able to come here. How exciting you are going to see Kate next week. I wish I could join you both. Your new house is coming along and no matter when it is done it will be the perfect time because for now you get to enjoy Adam and Kim and just being with them which after the past almost 2 years is even sweeter. Big hugs and warm thoughts and it was nice chatting with you yesterday. Not ideal circumstances but nice nonetheless as it had been a few years since I heard your voice. I hope we can chat more from now that you are in the states and it is very affordable to chat on the phone as compared to before. XOXO.

@canuk-gal I hope your bp continues to go down and life gets less stressful. Thank you for the kind words about Tommy. Yes a murmur isn't a terrible thing but the fact his heart is enlarged and last year it wasn't...we think it is because his thyroid wasn't well controlled and he is hyperthyroid still. Darn pandemic plus all the other health issues we were dealing with kept us from bringing him in until his annual checkup and that is my fault. Because almost an entire year has passed since his last checkup and who knows how long this has been going on. :( Anyway we will do what we can within reason as I won't put another of my cats through extraordinary measures. Though TBT we didn't really do anything crazy with Francesca. We got her the chemo drug praying it would work but it didn't and it was a horrible last 2 days. I don't want to put Tommy through anything like that. :( Thinking good thoughts for your momma and for you and NO to SNOW. I hope the forecast was wrong and I hope the weather isn't awful for you. Glad you enjoyed a walk yesterday. Thanks for the Dynasty rec. I am going to check it out. I think it's been 40 years since I watched it and yes I did enjoy it. Haha. Big hugs.

@Bayek sweet great Kate. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your visit with @Austina. I cannot believe I have two wonderful friends in Texas. A state I thought I hated but how could I because two amazing women live there. LOL and XOXO. Hugs to you and Auti and your entire family. And one day I hope I can visit Hawaii. It sounds like heaven on earth. I am sorry you got a sinus infection and hope it remains cleared up and stays away. Good health and good weekend great Kate. (((Hugs)))

@marcy yes you will enjoy retirement of that I am sure. I thought I might miss my patients but TBH I didn't really. I love the freedom of retirement and just all it entails. Of course I have zero time to be bored with all that is happening but I don't think I am the type to get bored anyway. I always find things to do and things that amuse me. We are similar in that regard and I know you will enjoy reading, doing puzzles, photography etc. Boo to snow on Halloween. We aren't handing out candy this year due to Covid and I am not leaving candy on the porch. That would just invite mischief I think and probably it would be gone fast as in a few kids taking it all. It doesn't really matter here as we never get much action re Halloween. Of course just wait this year we will get lots of kids. I hope not lol. If it wasn't for Covid yes we would partake gladly. Maybe next year or probably the year after as it looks like the pandemic will continue through 2023...I hope not. Anyway enjoy a good weekend you deserve it after a long week. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY! Its Halloween weekend. Enjoy sweet friend. Hope the week finishes on a good note and thinking of you and your family. Hope your mom is doing well.

@Slick1 happy weekend and happy Halloween. Hope you are enjoying a good week. Big hugs.

@springerspaniel I hope yesterday went as smoothly as possible. Big hugs to you and the furry babies. They are precious. So sweet. Thank you for sharing.

@mrs-b hope Tim is faring better. Keeping you both in my thoughts. XOXO.

@MamaBee did you get everything done you needed to? Hope all went well. Hugs and lots of love.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all enjoy a FriYAY filled with YAY.

We got to go cycling yesterday and it was lots of fun. No more cycling for a while as today winds are over 20 mph and then the rain is here for the entire weekend. Oh well. We will do something good today but it won't be cycling unfortunately.

It was very gray and overcast yesterday but still lovely and not too cold.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.48.57 AM.png

And the ice cream was delish.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.48.00 AM.png

And the funniest thing happened right as we were getting ready to leave to go cycling. This sweet pelican came up to me in the driveway and seemed to want to say something to me. I have named him Sam. He just looks like a Sam to me. :)

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.48.35 AM.png

We got video. It was hysterical. And sweet.

Have a wonderful FriYAY girls. Big hugs and much love.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot! We saw a sweet black kitty yesterday as we were cycling and just a short distance away from being back home. We had never seen her before. Happy Halloween Eve! Definitely a good luck sign for us all!

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.59.58 AM.png

Meooww. Have a purry and meowalous Friday!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreary day--dull and boring. LOL. Got our 50 winter coats out :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Thank goodness they changed the forecast--not too much snow predicted. Kinda like sleet outside and 1C.

I hope everyone life is more exciting than mine!!!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I thought of you today when I lost power! :lol: It was awful..It was out three hours but it could have been worse. David serenaded me with Christmas and Sesame Street songs..for THREE hours….OMG I need to buy myself bling..No I don’t…haha

@canuk-gal The handyman did a lot of patching…but he has to come back. He was here from 9 am to 7:30 in the evening. It was too late so we had French fries for dinner. I had left overs from takeout. I just warmed them up..Bad mom..I had eggs..Fortunately he doesn’t have to come back for two weeks.
A company that provided my mom an air mattress for her bedsore has been billing Medicare even though she was discharged from the first facility March 25. I get her Medicare summary reports..I called the company many months ago. They said it was a mistake…and would do a retraction. I just got the recent one from Medicare. They are continuing to bill..They aren’t billing us for the difference from what Medicare paid so they know what they are doing. That’s fraud. I called Medicare yesterday. I spent an hour and forty five minutes on the phone with them. They gave me a hard time because although I have a POA..it’s not enough. I convinced them that I was giving THEM information...not the other way around so HIPPA isn’t breached. They finally took all the information. I had a major headache when I got off… I still have to pick my mom up so she can get on the phone to tell them I can speak on her behalf. I was going to pick her up today so we could call Medicare…but my power went out… :wall:
How’s your mom doing?

@marcy What is your doctor doing about your anemia? Your blood ox level is too low. Are you taking iron supplements?
I looked up the pajamas you mentioned. My power went out during the search so I’ll have to go back to look. They looked cute..My mom loves pjs. I buy her really fun ones..She has cat, dog, cheetah, seasonally pjs. She loves all the attention she gets when she wears them.
That’s such great news that your rubies are real. You did get the buy of the century! Do you use Whiteflash as your jeweler? I am debating getting my ring reset but my Insurance doesn’t cover during the reset. I don’t think Whiteflash covers it when it’s with them. David Klass will cover it minus two thousand. I really like the shape of my ring from Whiteflash. It’s just lighter and plainer than I’m use to. I love the way it cradles the diamond though. I’m afraid to send it through the mail to him. I also don’t trust any local jewelers..They also don’t cover the diamond during a reset. I don’t think it’s worth the chance if something going wrong. I’ve mailed many things to David. Nothing has been lost yet. I’m still nervous. Maybe next year…
Thank you for liking my avatar. I thought someone would ask what was on my finger. I try to remember to put lotion on my hands before taking a photo. I just didn’t rub it in enough…It looks like mayonnaise! Haha I have to take another photo because it bugs me. I take horrible photos. That one wasn’t too bad so I used it..I just don’t like that blob on there! :lol:
@Austina Your house is really coming along now! A roof is a big thing! Now you‘re legal to drive! Yay! Only good things are on the way now. I have no idea when the under sixty-fives can get their boosters. Which one will you and Colin get?
Hi to everyone else..XOXO

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@MamaBee, Colin had the Pfizer, the same as his first 2 shots, I’m hoping to get Pfizer too when it’s my turn. My friends in the UK have had their boosters last week, others are getting theirs tomorrow, and others in a different area are getting theirs in a couple of weeks. I’m not too worried, I’m just glad Colin has already had his. He’s going for the flu shot soon too.

Oh my goodness @canuk-gal, Adam and Kim said it’s cold today and it was 70 degrees here, Colin told them that’s summer in the UK :lol: Thank goodness you didn’t get the predicted snow, brrrrrrr, stay safe and warm.

It was great catching up with you too @missy, now I have a US mobile phone. I’m keeping my UK one for a couple of months, because the deal I have gives me free calls back to the UK which is coming in handy at the moment. It’ll be great seeing @Bayek again, and I wish you could come too. Maybe in the future, we can tear you away from NY to join us. Yes, Costco is the same the world over, slightly different merchandise, well I say that, but I’ve bought things here and then gone to our local Costco and seen exactly the same thing :mrgreen: I wasn’t quick enough on Sunday when we took Bertie to the dog park, but I forgot to mention, we saw 6 deer on the way there, so beautiful, one sauntered across the road in front of us.

We drove up to the house again today, and then stopped off at HEB on the way home to pick up a few things. Other than that, quiet day which has just whizzed by.

Sending big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am sure I won’t be bored when I retire; like you I do always have something to do. That’s a good thing. The ocean was beautiful today and how cute that pelican stopped by to talk to you. Mmm ice cream. Cute little black kitty.

@canuk-gal good deal the snow wasn’t as much as predicted; good idea to get your winter coats out. I must admit I never take care of mine but I’m tend to be cold all the time.

@MamaBee I never noticed that spot on your finger; I was just enjoying your rings. You did inspire me to wear my diamond / sapphire band today with my ering. I haven’t worn that with the diamond ring since I had it reset last spring. How awful that company is billing medicare fraudulently for that mattress and even worse Medicare was so awful to you when you are trying to notify them they are paying for something that is no longer a valid charge. Grr. My doctor actually didn’t give me anything for my anemia and my breathing is maybe a bit worse. I started taking Flintstone’s complete chewable vitamins every day to get some iron and B12 - adult vitamins make me sick. He wants me to get blook work again in a few weeks and if my red blood cells still look bad he said he was sending me to a hematologist. That’s awesome your mom likes cute pjs; I am sure she’d find those Cuddl Duds comfy to wear. I never really worried my rubies were fake but it just crossed my mind when I didn’t hear back from WF for a few days. I totally get feeling uneasy sending your jewelry through the mail but I’ve done it now several times with Whiteflash. They use an outside insurance on them; so far it’s worked out well. I have my diamond with jeweler’s mutual and I believe they cover it during a setting. I have had Whiteflash make me several pieces of custom jewelry now and I’ve always been happy with it.

@Austina too funny 70 degrees is considered cold, that’s banana belt weather to me! Nice you got to see some deer when you took Bertie to the park; did Bertie pay attention to them? How fun to be able to watch your house progress. We drove by every day when they were building ours, as did my dad.

I was glad when 4:30 rolled around today so I could come home. What a day. My new girl deleted an event on air and my boss just happened to be there when it happened. She has been kind of error prone this week and it’s flustering her and making it worse. I have to keep saying please ask questions. I’ve been having her get with me on each task reviewing what she is doing. I guess I’ll get with her on Monday and keep a closer eye on what she is doing. Right now I’m not seeing her taking some of my stuff over anytime soon. I also had to add the World Series to some networks airing in Puerto Rico some in Spanish - let’s hope what I put on those actually had something to do with baseball. I don’t want to go in on Monday if it was wrong.

Marty is going moose hunting again in the morning. I plan on sleeping in. Our mall has some drive through animated dinosaur exhibit this weekend so I may have to see if there are any good photos to be had from that; Marty saw it coming home from the gym and said it is all fenced off but I’ll go see. I plan on using my $20 Kohl’s cash to get a few more tops that actually fit me.

Take care. Have a great weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@marcy oy I am sorry the new hire is getting flustered and making mistake and hopefully she will improve as time goes on...hope your boss isn't too annoyed with her. We all have to learn when we start a new job. Hope you get to sleep in today and good luck to Marty may he get some great moose photos. We got some deer photos on our hike yesterday I will share below. Nothing great though. The deer were more skittish than usual. Maybe because it was windy IDK. Speaking of anemia Greg might have pernicious anemia. Our internist is useless so I am enlisting a doctor in another state for his care. My poor DH. His iron is low, his B12 is low and his free T3 is super low. We need blood work to evaluate him for PA and our internist juts looked blankly at me. Time for a new internist. Disappointing as he's been our internist for over 2 decades. I have trouble letting go even when a doctor is clearly just not sharp enough. Sigh. Anyway all this to say I get your struggle and I hope you find relief ASAP. Big hugs Marcy. And happy weekend woohoo!

@MamaBee Noooo. Losing power is no fun at all.The winds were howling all day yesterday and at night it got even stronger. I was bracing myself because we lose power at the slightest wind sometimes and sometimes no wind. But thank goodness it held, For now. Noreasters bring lots of wind and well tis the season. You need a generator. I know I know it's S who doesn't want one but if this were me, and you and I are similar, I would insist. I wouldn't give him an opportunity to shoot it down. It would be yes, we are getting one, Period. End of story. I mean I still get nervous about losing power but it is manageable. If we didn't have a generator I would be a nervous wreck every time it stormed here. Anyway glad your power came back on relatively fast and the food was safe. Wow on that fraud. I am so disillusioned with so many so called professionals. There are stories I wish I could share but I cannot. All I can say is many humans suck. Not any of the NIRDIs of course as the NIRDIs all rock. Big time. Big hugs.

@Austina haha yes we have to be quick to get those deer photos. Speaking of which we saw lots of deer yesterday on our hike and I will share below. How far is it to drive to Texas LOL. I hate flying but I want to see you and Kate so badly...maybe I can entice you ladies to join me at the new Jewelry antique show next year? Hopefully Covid won't be an issue but then of course you never know. But somehow, someway, we will get together again and this time properly. Have a good weekend and big hugs. And enjoy your mild weather too. LOL 70s being cold. XOXO.

@canuk-gal yay for no real snow being predicted now. Whew that's a relief. Haha yesterday I went to my winter coat closet and then decided no, it's not time and I put on my blue leather moto jacket. Thank goodness it fit. With my weight gain I wasn't sure. It is snug but I'll take it. This darn progesterone is adding some lbs to me. But it's worth it...so far. Lots of aggravation with my meds. One day at a time. Right? And I would take boring over unhappy excitement any day sweet Sharon. I revel in boring lol. Big hugs and enjoy a lovely weekend.

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday and enjoy a happy Halloween weekend. XOXO.

@springerspaniel happy weekend. ((((Hugs))).

@Slick1 woohoo it's the weekend. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I hiked yesterday instead of cycling due to high winds. It was a really nice change. It was sort of mild out too so by the time we were done I was a bit sweaty lol. But soon enough it will be cold and I will be freezing so I take a bit sweaty any day haha. We saw lots of widllife. Mainly deer. I tried to get some pics but they were skittish.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.10.37 AM.png

I'll share more pics of our day in a post below as my computer has been acting more wonky than usual. I have to get a new one. They last 4 years for me max. Ugh so expensive. When I post more than one or two pics my computer goes dead.

A bit of frustration as it is proving challenging getting one of my meds that I critically need. I made lots of phone calls yesterday as another med is becoming scarce. Compounding pharmacies are stopping compounding it for various reasons. Mainly political. I will work it out somehow. If the FDA makes it impossible to get certain meds I fear for others well being even more than my own. I believe suicides will happen and not just a few. SO many rely on compounding meds. Sigh. It is a big concern and it is on my mind. Politics has no business in medical decisions but I think we are all on the same page here. Big pharma has their hand in all of this because they lose money when pharmacies compound. Off my soap box and thanks for listening.

Have a beautiful Caturday Saturday. it's a rainy one here but we will find something good to do. Big hugs and lots of love to each and everyone of you. XOXO.

In honor of Caturday Saturday here is an oldie but a goodie. Our sweet and gorgeous Francesca. Always in our hearts.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.12.23 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok some pics from our hike yesterday. It was mild out despite the wind and we chose a place that was mainly sheltered from the wind so it was really lovely. Today is rain all day so not much opportunity to hike unfortunately or bike but yay it's the weekend so that is always good. :)

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.10.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.09.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.09.26 AM.png

The sky was moody. Gray, overcast but gorgeous nonetheless. And the water shimmered as only the water can do.
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.08.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.08.34 AM.png

The birds were enjoying themselves and the solitude. Greg and I were the only humans around. We didn't see another person the entire hike. Just the way I love it.
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 6.08.02 AM.png

@sarahb have an excellent weekend. Big hugs.
Have a splendid Saturday lovely ladies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Done. I just bought a new mac book air. Every few years like clockwork. :roll:

13-inch MacBook Air - Silver​
With the following configuration:
Apple M1 chip with 8‑core CPU, 8‑core GPU, and 16‑core Neural Engine
16GB unified memory
512GB SSD storage
Retina display with True Tone
Backlit Magic Keyboard - US English
Touch ID
Force Touch trackpad
Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports
Accessory Kit​

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

Woke up to the white stuff this AM--it started to snow (like a white out) at 11pm while I was binging watching ER. Anyway bright and sunny today and chilly. Don't think the snow will stay as the temps coming up are warm.

My DH and I went out for brunch after my blood work and EKG. Poked around some old favorite shops. Actually had fun with my DH for a change. LOL :P2 But I really didn't appreciate the bruise I got from the blood draw. :rolleyes:

Saw the coyotes running down the road and can see their foot prints all over the yards. Scallywags.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

Woke up to the white stuff this AM--it started to snow (like a white out) at 11pm while I was binging watching ER. Anyway bright and sunny today and chilly. Don't think the snow will stay as the temps coming up are warm.

My DH and I went out for brunch after my blood work and EKG. Poked around some old favorite shops. Actually had fun with my DH for a change. LOL :P2 But I really didn't appreciate the bruise I got from the blood draw. :rolleyes:

Saw the coyotes running down the road and can see their foot prints all over the yards. Scallywags.

cheers--Sharon

I LOVE snow..I can’t wait for our first snowfall. As long as I don’t have to drive in it I‘m a happy camper.

Hopefully your blood work and EKG comes back great. Two draws ago the tech hit a geyser. I got some bruise from that one! I have to go back soon but I’m stalling..

Did you get anything when you were poking? Haha to having fun with the hubby…

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee well yes I did, thanks for asking. I got a new pair of my favorite moccasins. And a bunch of stuff for the kitchen; new tea towel's, sieves, dish cloths, etc etc.

I am sorry that you have to deal with unscrupulous medical providers. Honestly. :rolleyes:

I can't recall, was it you talking about PJ's for your Mom? My Mother loves 100% cotton flannel and PJ Savage has great and whimsical patterns & products. I buy them for her all the time. And the 100% cotton flannel from La Senza, which are a third of the price of the other product. I love PJ's!!!

Speaking of french fries for supper, I am making poutine tonight with steak.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy great pictures from your outing. I will talk to the new lady on Monday and hopefully help her be less stressed. Just Monday I told my boss I thought she was doing pretty good so far then this week was a disaster with her. I hope they figure out if Greg is anemic and how to help it; I believe that is the type that has trouble absorbing B12. I hate to hear your internist isn’t that great; I have my doubts about my doctor but Marty likes him so I’ll stick with him for now. We don’t have much of a selection here locally. Sorry you are in the path of a noreaster. Darn your computer is acting up but nice you just ordered a new Mac Book air. That is very crappy you have problems getting your medicine.

@canuk-gal darn to wake up to white stuff. Our forecast is predicting the same through Tuesday. Glad to hear it probably melted today though. Nice to spent time with your DH this morning after your tests. Good luck on those! Darn you got a bruise though. Those spots can be tender for a few days. I need to get blood drawn again in a few weeks; I’ll try to study up this time to see if I can get better results.

@MamaBee I’ll gladly send my snow your way.

We were in the 50’s today but very windy. Snow could start tonight.

Marty was on his way to shoot moose by 4 am, waited hours in the dark and didn’t see a single moose. After the sun came up he followed their many tracks and found their watering hole but they were obviously pretty adept at hiding from him. I told him they know he is looking for them. He did hear an owl and that was his only wildlife encounter. Heck I saw more ducks at our neighborhood pond than that and I got to sleep in today.

I went grocery shopping first thing and had everything cleaned and taken care of when Marty got home. We went out for breakfast and checked out the dinosaur drive through; they’d be cool in a yard or park but they have them all in 4 rows and fenced off plus very close together so it didn’t look like fun to drive through them. We topped off the gas tank and then went to Kohl’s. I picked up 2 more tops that fit me and got another unneeded shade of mauve nail polish. Marty went to help one of his clients put down some flat slabs or rock in his yard and I finished laundry and worked on the November club newsletter. I finished the article for the paper on the upcoming lunar eclipse so I was productive today. Marty was going to grill T Bones for supper but wasn’t feeling well (probably because he got up at midnight this morning) so I ordered myself an individual pizza from Old Chicago. I cut my carbs by only eating 1/2 of the pieces of pizza but moved my Canadian bacon and pineapple from the pieces I was going to eat on top of the pieces I did eat - more protein and less carbs!

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Halloween Sunday and happy birthday to my mom!

@marcy darn it is raining here so I don't know if I will ever see those Northern lights but thanks to you I have that handy app letting me know when conditons are possible thanks! Too bad Marty didn't spot any moose. I am great at that. I think animals sense my aura and aren't afraid. Wildlife all around us making themselves visible. Tell Marty maybe one day I can help him out. :) Hope Marty wakes up feeling better today. Yes it probably had something to do with him waking up so early. Yes to more protein and less carbs. I am not a protein lover but have been forcing myself to get 80 grams a day for my bones. Oh no to snow by you tonight. Our rain should be ending and temps are mild right now. Supposed to get colder this week though. Stay away winter please lol. speaking of Winter...XOXO Marcy.

@canuk-gal No to snow...how much did you end up getting? And yummm to french fries. I never had Poutine but I know you love it and I am glad you got to enjoy it yesterday. Glad you got to go out with your dh for brunch yesterday after your blood work and EKG and I hope those results are good. Aww coyotes so sweet. Hahaha Scallywags. Love that word. :) Hugs and have a great day Sharon. XOXO.

@MamaBee you can have all our winter and snow if you would like....I am not a fan anymore. Driving or no because it also makes it slippery to walk and well, you know I am a super klutz LOL. Hope you are having great weekend. XOXO.

@Slick1 good morning, have a great Sunday. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 happy Halloween and hugs.

@sarahb are you giving out candy today? Do you get many trick or treaters? Hugs.

@springerspaniel big hugs to you and your furry crew. Freddie's first Halloween!

@mrs-b hope Tim is feeling better each day and keeping both of you in my thoughts.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else.
We had a good day yesterday and went outdoor shopping at the outdoor outlets. I ended up with yet another pair of waterproof blue suede Timberland boots. I now have three of the same pairs. LOL they are super comfy so I just had to get another pair. I also got a fleece base layer for cycling. I do enjoy shopping and it is good for the economy so win win.

Today it is raining at the moment but hoping we can go cycling afterwards. It is getting harder to cycle and my 9K goal might be a pipe dream. But we will have fun trying!

Enjoy a beautiful Sunday lovely ladies. Big hugs.

In honor of my mom here is a photo I am sharing.
From a couple of years ago at the Brooklyn Botanic gardens.

missyandmombotannicalgardens.jpg

And my parents 50th anniversary 8 years ago.

Screen Shot 2021-10-31 at 6.11.56 AM.png

and their wedding photo 58 years ago.

momanddadweddingphotochristmasday1963.jpg

Time is a sobering concept...goes so fast.

Have a splendid Sunday girls!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Halloween and nirdi shoutout! I love the pics of you and your parents Missy! So much love is evident.
Sending love and big hugs to all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Happy Birthday to your beautiful mom! She has such a beautiful smile. Your dad is also a handsome fella. Your nieces are so sweet in the photo. They’ve grown so much since then!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning, ladies!

Firstly....

@Bayek - KATE!! How wonderful to see you! I *know* I have your email somewhere but couldn't find it when I looked. If you're able to find mine, do you you think you could drop me a line? I don't want to lose touch with you! Auti and her mom both look wonderful. ::)

@missy - your photos are, as always, stellar! And it was a treat to see Francesca's beautiful face. As for you and the mountain of issues you're facing these days - have you started the calcium? How long do you think it will take until you see an impact - if there's going to be one? I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday and hoping all goes smoothly. Hoping also that Tommy is ok. Cirrus has started again with diarrhea. These animals - EXHAUSTING! But we're so lucky to have them, aren't we? - I know this deep in my soul. Hugs to you, dear girl! ox.

@canuk-gal - how high was your BP? I'm a person with hypertension, from a long line of people with high BP. I totally get how annoying this is and how it impacts your energy levels. I hope they can get a lock on this, control it, and let you get back to feeling like your self. And great news re finding somewhere for your mother! When is the snow forecast? 66 degrees here today and soooo grateful!

@Austina - the house is looking wonderful! A roof and walls - even just that insulation stuff - really gives a sense of "this is a real house!" You sound as tho you're really settling in. How is Colin feeling about his new home? I think it's difficult for people who have always lived in a place to grasp how big a change it is for people who immigrate. America and Australia are similar in so many ways - but worlds apart in others. And in other ways, the differences are subtle and deceptive and perhaps harder to grasp that some of the more obvious differences. Anyway, I'm thinking of you both and wishing you a smooth transition ( - over the next 20 years, because 'settling in' seems to go on and on and on).

@marcy - I'll be honest - I'm a little worried about you. You sound worn down and not well. I had drug induced hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism and it was a cow of a thing. As for the anemia - if there's even a chance you might need to see a hematologist, I'd suggest booking it now; you can always cancel it, if needs be. Tim has had to wait over a month for his appointment, and it's been a pain in the neck. Please keep us up to date as things progress. And I hope your new lady manages to get her sh*t together. Gees Louise - of all the things you *don't* need... And did Marty get any moose shots? Would love to see them if he did! Thinking of you and sending warm thoughts. ox

@springerspaniel - hallo, my friend! How is Fred doing? And how is Clyde? Is it settling down between them? Poor Clyde - it will probably be at least a year before Fred stops trying to swing off his ears and teething on Clyde's paws!! Are you and D getting more sleep? I *really* want to get up to NH to see you. I'm heading out to CA on Friday and will be out there 10 days. Am hoping when we get back you and I might be able to tee up a visit? Will email you.

@MamaBee - how are you, dear girl? Any more power outages? They're the WORST. We *still* haven't gotten around to getting a generator and it now seems unlikely before next spring. *sigh* I've been so domestically disorganized this year. Re resetting your ring and the shipping issue - I won't ship my current diamond to David. Insurance doesn't cover it by about 20k - and that's a lot to be out of pocket if it gets lost! And the stress...oh my!! Not worth it. How are D and S? And the bed issue re your mother is INFURIATING. Almost as bad as our movers. We're due about a thousand dollars in insurance, but do you think I can get them to answer their phone so I can ask for the claim forms? Oh noooooo! Not in a million years! And forget email! They ignore those while laughing, I suspect.

@bling_dream19 - Happy Halloween! That new Leon setting is GORGEOUS! What a lovely addition! How is your family holding up to this avalanche of new beauties? I hope they've been suitably impressed!

@Calliecake - hmmm - why did I think you were in Australia? My mistake, I'm sorry! You've certainly had your fair share of new family members, haven't you! How lovely! I wish you well with your Christmas shopping - I'm glad mine is done! And I hear you re the weight not dropping off like it used to. Mind you - my motivation is nothing like it used to be, either....

@Jemi, @Slick1 and @junebug17 - thinking of you all and sending warm fall wishes your way!

Here in Boston, it's finally stopped raining and the sun is out, tho there are big fluffy clouds overhead. We have all our decorations up and are ready for this evening's festivities! It's not like NY, where we'd get over a thousand people past the front door every year - but we do get a hundred kids or so come by and should manage to get rid of all our candy. I mean, if there's ONE THING I don't need.... !!

This Friday we head off to CA and I'll see my new townhouse for the first ever time in person! YAY! I'll unpack a lot of boxes, hang a lot of paintings, and basically make my nest. ::) Tim will only be there for the weekend, but I'll be there for another 8 days, then home on the 15th. I'm looking forward to it a LOT.

So yesterday I did aerobics for the first time in 2 months. MAN, am I out of condition!! Oy vey. I still have the remains of my cold/sinus infection, but the antibiotics have done their thing, and I leapfrogged Tim - who wasn't nearly as bad as me - and am now much better than he is. He's planning to call the dr to get the same antibiotics on Monday, so should be feeling better, cold-wise, soon.

Re his kidneys - his glucose has come down, he's sleeping less and feeling more energized, and is feeling much better overall. We now just need to find a way to treat his eyes than doesn't crash his kidneys!

As for me, I have a CT scan tomorrow to investigate a lump in my side, and will have to drag myself into Boston proper for that. Major pain. On Tuesday I see my vascular surgeon for my one year follow up. I'm still going with decompression on my back for 3 more weeks, and I have one week to go on my knees. Seriously, by the end of November, I had better be feeling like a million bucks!! I'm feeling much improved, tho, so am grateful for that. I do still have one major issue - major - but it's so complicated that I'm not going to go into it here. Suffice to say - hoping we can make some progress on that as well.

Wishing you all a very happy All Souls Day!

<3

And please forgive me for acting like an obsessed woman...but I am! I am in love with this ring - and the man who gave it to me - so am inflicting both those things on you, as my captive audience! :mrgreen: This is a tad fuzzy - but just sooooo beautiful!

20211023_063345.jpg

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Halloween

@missy looks like Iceland was the prime area for aurora last night. A minor geomagnetic storm hit Earth earlier today. You are certainly an animal whisperer - they know you love them. Marty is a pretty gentle soul too so hopefully he won’t scare the moose off all the time. You can definitely come help him get that picture. It has been raining so far which sadly means ice in the morning. I did get out a big bowl and filled it with Halloween treats; I tested a few of them but they are just minis. Love the pictures with your mom and family.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well.

@MamaBee I am still wearing my sapphire / diamond band with my ering. I like to change out bands.

@mrs-b sorry to hear you battled with your thyroid; the doctor didn’t seem as worried about that as the anemia. I’ve thought of making myself an appointment with another doctor but guess I am not that anxious to find out what this is; I admit I am not myself and thank you for thinking of me. It is such a pain getting appointments are so hard these days. I am glad Tim is feeling better and hope all of your upcoming tests and appointments go well and you are feeling great this time next month. Marty did not see any moose this time either but I am sure he’ll keep trying. Sounds like you are ready for trick or treaters tonight. I have my big Tupperware bowl full of assorted minis; I hand out handfuls to each kid so we go through candy fast. So far it’s only raining and cold so I bet we get quite a few kids come by tonight. That is awesome you get to go see your new townhouse. I am excited for you! Love your gorgeous diamond ring.

Not much going on today. I finished one more batch of laundry, did my lifting and have a roast cooking in the crock pot and baked potatoes in the oven.

Take care.
Marcy

I did find an okay picture of my rubies - the ring is the one I upgraded recently but the ruby is the same; the studs are the ones I am having Whiteflash put in a halo setting and that bracelet is my $99 special from Sears from years ago - great color, not translucent at all but hey it works for the few times I actually wear bracelets anymore. The ruby in the ring and earrings are way nicer IRL.

Attachments

• IMG_4957.JPG
    IMG_4957.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 19

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI Halloween shout out!

Very chilly for Haloweener's here. Bright blue sky, but BBBBBRRRRRRR!

@mrs-b my BP ranges from 130-150 over 72. It has always been 110-120/60 but life happens. I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

@marcy Moose are adorable! Not sure I'd want to get too close to one IRL, tho.

@missy Happy beautiful Mom's BD!

@MamaBee my sister gives out large bars as well. I always got an assortment of stuff, chips, cheezies and candy. I'd give one of each item to kids or ask what they preferred. That was I was safe! lol

Not much going on here. And dull and boring day. LOL I need to find a new computer chair, off to look online.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI Halloween shout out!

Very chilly for Haloweener's here. Bright blue sky, but BBBBBRRRRRRR!

@mrs-b my BP ranges from 130-150 over 72. It has always been 110-120/60 but life happens. I'll continue to keep an eye on it.

@marcy Moose are adorable! Not sure I'd want to get too close to one IRL, tho.

@missy Happy beautiful Mom's BD!

@MamaBee my sister gives out large bars as well. I always got an assortment of stuff, chips, cheezies and candy. I'd give one of each item to kids or ask what they preferred. That was I was safe! lol

Not much going on here. And dull and boring day. LOL I need to find a new computer chair, off to look online.

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal lets hope Marty gets his moose photo with his 600mm lens and not his 10mm. Stay warm and good luck with your BP.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Halloween

@missy looks like Iceland was the prime area for aurora last night. A minor geomagnetic storm hit Earth earlier today. You are certainly an animal whisperer - they know you love them. Marty is a pretty gentle soul too so hopefully he won’t scare the moose off all the time. You can definitely come help him get that picture. It has been raining so far which sadly means ice in the morning. I did get out a big bowl and filled it with Halloween treats; I tested a few of them but they are just minis. Love the pictures with your mom and family.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well.

@MamaBee I am still wearing my sapphire / diamond band with my ering. I like to change out bands.

@mrs-b sorry to hear you battled with your thyroid; the doctor didn’t seem as worried about that as the anemia. I’ve thought of making myself an appointment with another doctor but guess I am not that anxious to find out what this is; I admit I am not myself and thank you for thinking of me. It is such a pain getting appointments are so hard these days. I am glad Tim is feeling better and hope all of your upcoming tests and appointments go well and you are feeling great this time next month. Marty did not see any moose this time either but I am sure he’ll keep trying. Sounds like you are ready for trick or treaters tonight. I have my big Tupperware bowl full of assorted minis; I hand out handfuls to each kid so we go through candy fast. So far it’s only raining and cold so I bet we get quite a few kids come by tonight. That is awesome you get to go see your new townhouse. I am excited for you! Love your gorgeous diamond ring.

Not much going on today. I finished one more batch of laundry, did my lifting and have a roast cooking in the crock pot and baked potatoes in the oven.

Take care.
Marcy

I did find an okay picture of my rubies - the ring is the one I upgraded recently but the ruby is the same; the studs are the ones I am having Whiteflash put in a halo setting and that bracelet is my $99 special from Sears from years ago - great color, not translucent at all but hey it works for the few times I actually wear bracelets anymore. The ruby in the ring and earrings are way nicer IRL.

Beautiful, @marcy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I got twelve trick or treaters so far. Last year I think we had three! It’s only 7pm…I have twelve bars left! I usually have so much candy left over. Of course this year I didn’t buy a lot. We’ll be turning the lights out after I’m out! :eek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cute!! They’re coming in packs of five!! I’m panicking! Hahaha

Mercifully, it's started to rain here! Costco was out of candy, so I don't have a lot!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yep Costco out of candy for us so hubby had to go the grocery store! We still have lots left come on trick or treaters!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh - Ballin just escaped out the front door! Ran down the road in the complete dark! Caught him in the end by laying on my back in someone's front yard (Soaking wet earth and raining here), kicking my arms and legs in the air, looking like the best toy that's ever lived. Naturally, he came to *that*, and I grabbed him and took him back inside.

Heart now in recovery.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We've had about a hundred past so far. With parents, probably 200. I have 9 pieces of candy left - but I think we're done now. You can tell - parents say to their kids "We'll do this till 8pm. After that - I'm going home, and we're not annoying our neighbors any more!"

It grinds to a dead halt at 8pm here.

.....and RIGHT as I said that - doorbell and 5 lovely girls. I now have 4 pieces of candy left. I hope this is the end of it.

In all seriousness, tho - they could go out around here till midnight in complete safety. This is such an enclosed area and soooooo safe. The police drive all around the streets before it starts, making sure there's nobody here except kids and parents. This is like a dream neighborhood in which to raise children.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had about 160 trick or treaters and I was out of candy in over 2 hours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results